(2003) Brides of year 2003

rhs

Wow, it's October already!
1027, jady, piggy, leafy, blythe, amerline: (did I miss any?)
It's 3 more days to your BIG DAY! Good luck with the preparations and have fun!!

yve

hi gers...

Yep, I have to personally deliver the cakes with the invitations cards too.

Had the food tasting yesterday. So many comments about the food. Changed the chicken in the sharksfin to crabmeat, add $10 per table. Changed the cabbage roll to yam ring. Steam seabass was too dry, told them to make it more moist. Thought of changing to groupa, but that is additional $35. Mother kept quiet after knowing that. Suckling pig skin not crispy. The best dishes are the deep fried prawns with honeydew salad and the roast chicken. The honeydew can be cut smaller lor. And the cake-mousse dessert got the go-ahead from the mothers. No need to change to tang yuan in red bean soup.

Suntec re-numbered the tables so that there are no fours. We got the floorplan yesterday.

meowie

aloevera, yeah tying of the threads sure takes long hours. But i jus finished mine yesterday. Phew!

Kopibean, i'll go see see another day.
happy.gif

Ok Okean
happy.gif

leo29

Yve,

Tot of food tasting really make me sweat.... My dad was verg Yim Chim on food, I'm so afraid that he gives many negative feedback...

leo29

Aloevera,

You are fast... tie the thread already huh. Me tot of doing it after writing the names.

Are, Grace, Yve and wedsoon,

Next mth today is your wedding day huh... kan chiong or not?

aloevera

leo29,
actually ur idea is oso gd leh, so u dun waste yr effort tying extra cards. r u using any special pen 2 write d names huh?

bibip

helo rhs.. yup! you miss me... kekekee...

helo amerline... i totally agree wif you!! so many things pop up last min!! stress... my pimples kept popping and i can't sleep well at nite.. only manage to fall asleep bout 3am in the morn!!! dark eye rings very obvious leh...
sad.gif

twinklets

hi gals,

Long time din log on here liao. Partly is after the revamp of this forum, i dunno go where to look for this posting! haha
lame.gif
Today then realize got this "Last 12hr/24hr" icon.

Very fast hor, our big day is juz 1 mth away. Can't believe that most of us have started toking abt it since 1 yr+ ago.
happy.gif
& now tada ...!
happy.gif

I still have not feel the anticipation yet, hope I wont contract this "pre-marriage blues".
lame.gif
This Friday will be getting our cards, so start from next week we'll start to give to our frens & colleagues.

Ok back to work now. Cheers!

twink

yve

leo, not gan cheong lah.. why should i? hubby also not gan cheong..

actually i din enjoy the food tasting too. so many comments. my mom actually wanted to change the fish because she feels that the only thing that pple will rem about the dinner is the goodness or badness of the fish.. pengz.. choose the tablebcloth and napkin too yesterday..

cath

Hi to all coming 4/5 Oct brides,
Stressful hor :p.. did you use any aroma oil to help you releasing stress and sleeping nite... play some slow music also... you must de-stress yourself first in order to be mei mei on actual day hor.
happy.gif

liching

Wen & Meow,
My apologises...typo error...but my previous posting message was meant for Wen.

Wen,
Poor thing! Pls take care of yourself.
I've not really finalised on the photos selection cos my Hubby on Reservist...so waiting for him to come back.

TO ALL,
Anyone know where to get the silver strings/ribbons for tying invitation cards & the inserts at real cheap price? Goodness me, i can't imagine i'm trying to save on even the strings!

leo29

Besse,

*Phew....* finally bought my 3 seater sofa... from ZEN, wat a relieve.... Was $1200+ after the 10% discount, cheap....

teatree

hi jbride,

oo so you didn't pay the remaining balance, so lucky we refused to pay the whole thing. hee... glad that you like your photos! but 50 is a lot hor, i'm thinking of only topping up enough to get the negatives back, then develop myself.

hi mocha,

thank you for your compliment
happy.gif
you're right, i am not a local, i am from indonesia. i still don't know how many pictures i want to top up.

are you taking photos with utopia too??

hi chicory and sandy,

thanks for the compliments. hee.. i don't know yet which one i want to enlarge.
chicory, when is your ps??

leo29

Aloe,

Juz use the gold color pen.

Yve,

Huh.... not kan chiong at all...? Me can feel the excitment now liao lei... I think i was too eger to marry out, hahaha...

cutiechar

Hi Teatree!

I still cant receive it..haha...something wrong with my email.. * waiting anxiously*.. :p
try again can? muackss

Hi Sandy,

tks! me haven upload indoor coz the file is not usable in webshots. so find it difficult to upload. must show us ur pics hor! dont envy my "meatless" figure,my arms are skinny and hips bigger. inappropriate figure..hahaha

Hi bride!

long time no see! must show us your pics hor..keke
I will be going down to pay the next 40%..sigh..time flies.

Hi Chicory!

hows ur pics? must oso show us k?

muack maucks! tata ;)

kopibean

DK,
hav u gone for ur fd tasting??
Did she get back to wat u request?
for me so far, she reply me through email...
can say still ok for her to me

kopibean

DK,
for the strings to tie inserts wif cards, can try Popular bookstores and Concourse!
think..popular selling at $4.50 per packet but dunno how many r inside...
me haven been there yet but these 2 places r given to me frm fbo...

liching

Kopibean,
Food tasting? Me Not yet, have U?
How about the deco theme? U decided?
Are u taking the free poster? me maybe not, i think guest book is better for keeping....So i'll be buying one myself..PP doesn't have any more contract with the guest book supplier anymore.

Have u collect your inserts? Mine should be ready by 13th Oct.
Thanks for the string info...

wedsoon

Kopibean,
I will take a look at the mag...By the way have you collected your cards. I had finished tying them with the strings last week. Have you bought the string if not can pass over to you? Mine is silver string, see if it suits your card.

meowie

DK,
There's another place that sells the gold thread. Its in a roll form. Think also around the same price as popular but i have not seen them in Popular before.

TO ALL, Popular is having 20% off storewide besside the nett price items. So if you need to grab you stationerys, can do so.

Aloevera, i bought colour pens for my invites.

jbride

hi
33400.gif

cutichar, thanks for sharing your photos
happy.gif
u look great! & very sexy with your low-cut WG
33401.gif
ok, i'll post my photos once i got the proofs back ;)

teatree, i've just seen your photos...you photos are beautiful too! i like the one with the lanterns behind...very natural & colourful ;)
oh, actually all of them are well taken...

oh no, we didn't take all 50 photos...just selected 24 pcs of 15R & topped up 2pcs of 3-in-1 & 1 pc of 2-in-1...no choice, gotta reject the rest
sad.gif
can't spend too much coz we've gotta save up for our honeymoon
happy.gif

chicory

Hi Teatree, Cutiechar & gals,

I have some problems, my photographer has some urgent matter cropped up so gotta postpone my PS and due to postponing of PS date by ourselves once, now photographer, my make-up artist wants to back out now... really stress...
sad.gif
Somemore i am sick and on mc the last 2 days, they still stress me like that... Dunno if i want to plead with the MU artist or take the other MU artist BS assign to me... What would you all do if you are in my shoes?

teatree

hi chicory,

don't get too stressed too much first. take care of your health cos that's the most important thing. drink lots of water, take vitamin c, okay?

do you like the works of your make-up artist a lot? if not then, maybe you want to consider hiring someone else. you have not paid for his/her service, have you? i can recommend sam ong for ps, he charges $500 for ps make-up including a trial.

take care and get well soon
happy.gif

rowena

Hi Ladies,

My wedding is next sat, on oct 11. I need some last min help! Can anyone recommend a gd place for french manicure? a liitle cheapo here, do not wish to spend too much.
happy.gif
The one I went during my bridal shoot was at Far East, Haru Scene, cheap, about $15, for french manicure. However, it was not too nicely done.

Rowena

kopibean

DK,
Me also have not go for my fd tasting but think will do it in mid oct...deco theme...me also hav not confirm wif her but tat time i signed wif her, she told me can hav a mix of garden n candlelight theme!
U mean the free poster replace our guestbook?
I think I will be taking the free poster for display so ur guests koe where to go?heee..anyway is free....just take it...
I also hav a guestbook - a rom gift frm fren...me gonna use it too

DK n wedsoon,
Me just collect my inserts today n also bought the gold strings frm T dragon cos lazy to go concourse + calculate the transport fee...almost the same price liao!!

wedsoon,
u r so fast leh!finish tying liao...me gonna start soon..sian..
thanks for ur offer of the silver string but me cant use it as i nd to hav gold string n i bought it liao too...perhaps can offer to DK?

DK, ur cards r ivory n insert tracing paper or ivory color, silver can go well wif it!

sweetie

Hi Gals!
Hope you have not forgotten about me! I tied my inserts last Sat and will be collecting my wedding album this weekend. Excited!
Ok! Jia You, 2 mths more...

baobei

hi, Sandy.

thanks for you email...i have yet retrieve...

thanks so much....have u collected ur photos??

hi, teatree, can u email me ur pics too??
[email protected]

Hi, chicory,

take good care of yourself..

meowie

sweetie and twinklets, of course we won't forget you.
happy.gif

Believe i'll be going for my food tasting next friday.
happy.gif

Happy tying the strings, it sure take some patience hor. Try not to have your fingers numb

meowie

Jus a reminder. I'll be conducting a wrist corsage session for the rest of the brides who have not finish theirs. I'll be held at Aloevera's house as she has something to attend after the session. Please "enroll" if you are interested.
Date: 13th Oct
Time: 2pm
Venue: Woodlands

chicory

Hi teatree and girl,

Thanks
happy.gif
happy.gif
. I am feeling much better now. I have decided to take the other MU artist cuz' the original MU artist is very adamant about backing out, no point pleading or even talk to the MU artist myself. Anyway, after i had time to think thru', i think i don't want to let the original MU artist earn my money...
lame.gif
hahaha.

teatree, i haven't paid the MU artist anything cuz' MU is part of my BS package lor and i haven't had my trial yet so i really don't know about the works. Actually, Sam Ong is one of the MU artists my BS works with and in fact he was my first choice, but too bad he's booked on my wedding dates. But i do like Sam's works alot, as i have seen alot of them in magazines and i am very impressed with him
happy.gif

teatree

hi chicory,

it's good that you're feeling better now
happy.gif
well, i am sure the mu of the new mu artist is as good as the one who backed down, or even better. hee... he's going to make you mei mei for ps and AD.

take care ya.
cheers

are

leo... me damn kan chiong man... so kan chiong i feel sick ystr! hahaha... juz caught a bad flu man, today bac @ work physically but mind still blur blur...

finally saw my entire 'book' + invite card ystr, v pleased w my fren's work. shd be able to complete in 2 wks time. *whew*... finally settle this headache thing...

bride0712

Hi all,

Sunshine here.. I can use sunshine here anymore cos xomeone else has registered it. So i'm now bride0712. I've not visited the forum for so long. I realized I'm really lagging behind, far behind. I've not done my food-tasting, I've not thought abt my guest list, I've not visited any printers or anyone else and I've not had my studio pictures taken yet.... PHEW! I guess I've alot of catching up to do!!! All of you are scaring me with your progress.

Teatree and cutiechar,

Can I see your pictures??? I've nothing to share at the moment coz I'm only doing mine at the end of the month. Would love to see your pics. My email : [email protected]

Thanks!

Hey all, I'm really lost now. I've not done anything yet and I really dun know where to start.. can anyone give me a clue what are the things that I need to do now???!!!

leo29

Are,

Oh no.., is it my early posting that make you even more kan chiong... my fault.. Cool down cool down, try to cool down, kan chiong will make us stress.... Must take care ok... then can be a beautiful bride.

I think posting may get lesser and lesser, everyone start to busy with wedding preparation and no time come in.

are

leo... i agree. i oni hv time to log in when i'm @ work. my computer table is now for storing GDL things. ;P

oh ya... congrats on finding your dream sofa!
happy.gif

naturally

Heehee, Sunshine, dun panic... still got time lah! U can start by calling your hotel coordinator to arrange for food tasting, and to choose invitation cards. Both side parents met up already? If not, let the food-tasting be an opportunity for them to meet and discuss "guo da li" stuff, etc... the elders shd know wat to do, so u need not worry on this.
happy.gif

Next u need to sit down and do up your guest list, and then u need to estimate no. of invitation cards, after that u can visit the printing co to do printing lor!

And the little misc stuff like choosing music, choosing floral deco, choosing emcee etc... those can wait lah... so u feel less stress now?
happy.gif

leo29

Are,

Hahaha.... thanks. Got 2 more headache thing for my house, coffee table and curtains. Hope can settle by this week so i can concentrate on my wedding preparation....

serene75_serene

Hello all,
Long time no hear
happy.gif
from you gals
happy.gif

Me also super stressed cos got lots of work, hubby gg overseas for one week..have to prepare everything on my own..

Best Wishes to the 4/5 Oct Brides..
happy.gif

Be Mei Mei Brides on yr BIG DAY!

chicory

Hi Teatree,

Thank you very much
happy.gif
. I believe the new MU artist should be as good too... Shan't worry too much about it.

When will your PS album be ready? Want to see the rest of your photos
happy.gif

liching

Sorry ladies! I've created some confusion in the PS of Wen...My Greatest aplogises!

Kopibean,
I'm paying a little more about $50,using off-white paper for the insert cos the normal ivory paper doesn't really go with the hotel card. I've decided on "normal" silver or grey printing cos the wording on the front-cover is in silver. I'm using silver thread to blend with the colour theme.
So total damage made is not more than $160.00 for 300 cards with string.

cutiechar

Hi Chicory

Dont stress K? If the makeup artist can walk out lidat, then its not professional. Did your MU artist bother to tok to u abt the re-schedule again? you are right, dont let her earn the money! n don plead with her as well!

Hi bride

my pics posted here..you can scroll up! :p

TEATREE!!!

I haven receive your pics..so sad
sad.gif

my email again: [email protected]

Btw, hows the preparation for you gals so far? I haven print cards or anything yet..guest list not confirm oso.
I need some help here! I don have a emcee! how ar? where to find?I don wanna pay for a emcee in fact...haha

cheers!

chicory

Hi Cutiechar,

Okie
happy.gif
. In fact, i should be thankful to this other MU artist who is available on my wedding dates after that MU artist just walk out like that without caring if i can get another at such short notice.

No lor, i have never talk to that MU artist b4, my BS is the one who liaise on our behalf on all the scheduling of dates. I feel that misunderstandings may sometimes arise when we communicate thru' 3rd parties. I guess everything happens for a reason, it maybe a blessing under disguise
happy.gif

Have you tried asking Daniel, the free emcee here? If not, how about asking your cousins/ close frens or colleagues who dun have stage fright?