(2003) Brides of year 2003

yve

Meow, sprry to hear about your MIL.. Just take one thing at a time, get through with the wedding and I am sure she will be relieved that her son has settled down..

leo, after GDL, during an chuang have to display the jia zhuang already.. as are said..

cath

Hi bibip,
CONGRATS! How's that day? hehe.. any experience to share
happy.gif

Mine this coming sun... so fast.. in a blink... and me so nervous now..

leo29

Are and Yve..., hmm.... i will check with my mum again. Maybe she eat some of the words, hahaha.....

I know some of them display Jia Zhuang-Jewellery on AD but kopi is asking on the bath tub.... things. Must display meh?

are

leo... not really 'display' lah, more like 'put them where they belong' lor. like bathtub & basin will put in bathroom lor.

bonjon

Meow,

Stage 3! Why, wasn't it discover early? There're sypmptons at early stage mah, why why?? I'm shocked to hear that. Is it really too late for operation? So what can doc do now?

We must bring her to visit her fav son... I'm at lost of words, so sad, feel like crying.
sad.gif

chicory

Hi Sandy,

Actually $1.5k top-up is quite reasonable if you really like the pics
happy.gif
. Great that your photos turn out nice
happy.gif

Which printer did you go to? I need recommendations for printer now. Did you feedback to your coordinator that the food portion is not enough?

sandgirl72

Hi chicory
ya lor.. both hubby & I like the pics lor.. will share with U when i have it back in early Dec..

my printer is t-dragon. U can look for connie, she is very efficient and helpful. U can call her at office 63335761 / 6292 8338, her hp is 93898881

oh yes, i just finished sending him an email reporting the comments of all the food we tried last week..

read about wat happen with yr BS. Don't worry too much, everything will turn out well. Try not to give yourself too much pressure.. just relax yourself, ok?

teatree

hi chicory,

it's okay, think your BS will understand, we brides always want everything to be perfect for that one most important day in our life.

hi sandy,

actually i think 1.5K is quite okay, you should read that some couples actually top up thousands of dollars for the photos. so, when do we get to see your mei mei pictures
happy.gif
?

leo29

Yve and Are,

Where r you going to put the sewing kit, cupboard? But the needle and scissor like not very Ji Li lei....

are

leo.. shd be 'displaying' on top of my chest 1st lor, i dun hv cupboard in the other rooms yet. the sewing kit is to signify you become 'wife' mah, muz 'feng feng bu bu', wun be not 'ji li' lah.

i like to sew so i'm happy to get all these things lor. scissors i got 1 big 1 small. big one is to cut cloth one.

yve

leo, orh, i dun have the sewing kit..

are, u got a sewing machine as jia zhuang?? wow.. i dun need lah, will use my mum's if need to.. what do u sew?

are

yve... ya lor, its in my mum's list, & since i will need it, gladly accept it.
happy.gif

me ah? i make wat i need lor. like small pillows to cuddle, cases. the machine i bought can stitch pants legs easily, so happy! ;P hehehe... i'm the official 'seamstress' in the family, everybody buy pants also pass to me to adjust length.
happy.gif
but dun ask me to make clothes, not worth the effort, i rather go buy! ;P

yve

are, a sewing machine is always useful.. Imagine that cushion covers can sell for $20 in the shops when the material is less than $10.

chicory

Hi Sandy,

Thanks
happy.gif
, i will.

Ok, i will give Connie a call. Seems like alot of brides here are using T-dragon
happy.gif

Hi Teatree,

Thanks, i do sincerely hope that they understand our concerns.

cutiechar

Hi Teatree!

where got smooth back?? u haven see the real me..so much uneven skin tone!! anyway recommendations ar? my MU artist ask me go buy peeling cream from bodyshop..dunno got enough time for peeling or not..hehe..

Hi Chicory!

so how? you decided your MU artist? my BS din even ask me for my opinion. when we initally sign up, he told me tat he be giving me Eric for the makeup, den until one week b4 the trial make up, I received a call from Ann instead. when she told me tat BS got her as a MU artist for my wedding, I find it quite weird. coincidentally, there was another couple who was having trial makeup as well when I went for trial make up, my hubby overheard the couple asking him abt Eric and BS says that he is busy, so cannot make it! hump..see? din even tell me!
hurry ! go have ur trial make up first!
Think better to finish off the PS first, otherwise mani things to be done liaozz..;)
btw, T-dragon is good! connie is efficient..she quite easy to speak with..so can call her!

Hi Sandgirl!

when can we see your mei mei pics??
yah!1.5 k is not alot,some couples top up few ks for the pics, so end up their package 10k..(OMG)
your cards are printed? so fast, i still haven do it, so lazy..keke..
you food tasting how mani ppl go ar?

maucks!

putise

hi cutichar...
happened to chance upon your posting on eric, MU artist...
you are with silver lining right?? well then i can prob tell you the reason for why eric was not assigned to you... i'm using eric for my MU and i'm with jit as well... but 'coz eric's charges are slightly more exp than the other MU artists, jit usually will not pass him any brides unless the brides are willing to top up... but for me, i think eric is well worth the top up. his MU is really good and he's very frenly and concerned... but i'm sure ann is just as good so no worries
happy.gif

sorry girls for intruding :p

sandgirl72

Hi Teatree & Cutiechar
our pic should be ready by 1st week of Dec. I guess only till then i can scan in my pics to share with U girls..

Hi Cutiechar,
after adding that 1.5, our total package cost is nearly 4.5k lor..

we printed inserts instead.. who is yr printer? if U hv the time, it is good that U start looking for the design and font u want.. as you need to give them some time to prepare the draft and for U to approve.. at least takes about 3-5days in between..

food tasting is for 10 pax... how about yrs??

besse

Meow

Sorry to hear abt your MIL... just try to ease off her worries abt this coming wedding so she can rest well..

Don worry, Thai and fly there anytime, cos short flight oni.. *hugx*

Gals

Me super duper stress liao.. juz complained to Yve over Yahoo chat.. haiz, so much to do, so little time!! Just sent out bulk of my invites to frens and colleagues.. now oni pending relatives ones to write and deliver on GDL..

Leo, we also almost complete our search for the furnishing liaoz.. went Ikea 2 buy my 4 x MJ chairs (with back rest) and stools.. cheap and looks quite nice.. you al can consider!!

k.. will MIA for the next one week again cos got course.. sigh..

Take care all.. and stay pwetty!!

meowie

Bonjon, she's jus like me, we will endure pain lor. She did realise some pain, but she jus take pain killer or such. I've jus read her report, sounds very serious but when she discharge, they only prescribe panadol to her. Very strange lor.
uhoh.gif

Some update from me, i'll booked tickets to go Thailand for 5D4N. Then in december we'll go Aussie provided she can travel
happy.gif

blue2003

Halo Cath

HOw's your prep? Mine is also ths sunday..Can understand how you r feeling now..Feeling more and more nervous each day..
happy.gif
Where's yours? Mine is at Westin...

bonjon

Meow,

That's bad, must ask doc.

AD is approaching, must not stress yourself out, relax.

Wow, going Thailand, shopping & eating, fun la. Cheers.
happy.gif

teatree

hi cutiechar,

i've never tried any of those skin peling thing-y. hee... but maybe you can try teatree scrub from the bodyshop, can also put some of the teatree oil on your back so that it will be smooth on your AD. think teatree products don't peel the outer layer of your skin, instead, they reduce the discoloration due to blemishes.

i know there are some beauty salons which offer skin peeling for back. but better don't try that nearer your wedding day. the last thing you want is to have some rashes on your back on your AD.

hi sandy,

i'm so excited to see your pictures
happy.gif
but december is still quite far from now...

cutiechar

Hi Putise-baby!

welcome! yes, I am with Jit! yar, he onli mentioned that he will be giving me Eric but end up use Ann and oso never tell me why he change last min. anyway, never mind lah. Ann oso not too bad!

Hi sandgirl!

Dec 1st? hmm okie okie..*waiting patiently*..hehe
btw, your package 4.5k shld be orite coz as long as you dont hit until 5k or more then its worth!
I have oredi seen Connie last month and have got the draft fax over by them but then coz of quite busy with the PS and guest list, we actually put on hold the draft until when its ready then we confirmed the printing.yeah! its a torture to select the fonts, pics,colour, designs!
How mani cards u printing?I have 24 tables but I oli tot of printing 180 cards. My sis says shld be enough.
think my food tasting shld be 10 pax. going to food tasting on late Oct I guess. Is your wedding mid of Dec or end of Dec?

HI Teatree

srub ar? I got sensitive skin. actually I quite hesitant abt using body srub or peeling coz my skin veri veri sensitive one. sigh! if I were to go to my beautician, sure expensive one. I think one treatment hundred plus. not worth, might as well "waste" on face..haha..
hows ur wedding preparation so far?

cheers!

are

yve... ya lor, i can't live w/o a machine man. can do so many little things, esp mending.

besse... dun stress lah, juz do watever you can lor. me & hubby oso intensive nowadays liao. ;P we two jia you k?

ann..ur mum or MIL say anything? else, maybe they also go easy lor. for my side, they decided to juz exchange angbaos to represent anything else other than the usual items lor.

sandgirl72

Hi teatree
ya lor.. we also cant wait till dec leh.. we tot we could bring back those proof home on tat day but our BS don't allow.. so angry...

Hi Cutiechar
we printed 300 inserts.. normally food tasting is for 10 pax.. have U arrange with yr co-ordinator yet on the date for food tasting? our wedding is near to christmas 21 Dec..

chicory

Hi cutiechar,

I will be using the other make-up artist my BS arrange for me, i am going for trial this thursday. Yah lor, that's how we feel also, quickly get the PS done so that we won't feel so stress nearer to wedding
happy.gif
. Oh, at least you like Ann's make-up too, so it actually doesn't matter that your BS did not inform you of the change.
happy.gif

Wow, you all are very efficient leh, already met up with Connie and started printing your cards already, i haven't even collected the invites from my hotel yet
sad.gif
. I also have very sensitive skin, so i haven't go for any facial... afraid to have break-out... hee

Hi Sandgirl,

After top-up, your package is $4.5k, actually i also feel it's quite alright
happy.gif
. Me too want to see your beautiful pictures.

Hi teatree,

Good Morning
happy.gif
!!

liching

Meow,
So sorry to hear about your MIL.
Hey! Look on the bright sight, dear.
A little confidence sometimes helps the patient recover faster.

Doc.recently found out a big tumour lump in my FIL's kidney, if burst might be cancerous. We were rather worried about letting him undergo the operation as he's in his 80s. At such an old age, re-covery will not be as compared to young people.
But he still decided to go ahead with the operation. Amasingly, he's discharged 3days after the operation & now depending on half on the kidney & his still go to his bread shop everyday.
Maybe becos of "Ya Kun" & "Killney" big orders from his bakery that keeps him going...Hee!

So dun worry Meow! Our prayers for her & your family.

besse

Are: okok... pump oil!!

AnnMelody: me oso cantonese bride.. lemme try recall..
- 2 red pkts, to represent the son-in-law trousers gift from my mom and to his grandmother.
- 2 bottles of orange syrup for the 2 bottles of liquor they bringing over
- the teaset (add in red dates and the dried longan)and rest of the stuff like sewing kit, lamps, the ruler, bathtub, washbasin and your dowry!
- prepare a set of bathtowel and facetowel for all his immediate family members.
- return part of the pin jin, the cakes and lai beng they sending over..

think that's abt all..

besse

gals

found something interesting 2 read which i plucked from another thread.. it's a wise piece of reading to guide us in our next stage in life..

Adultery happens when you start looking for what you don't have.
"Wow, this girl in my office is a real looker. I'm crazy about her because
she's also understanding, intelligent, tender - so many things that my
spouse is not."

Somewhere along the way,
you'll find a woman or a man who will be more charming or sensitive.
More alluring.
More thoughtful.
Richer.
Have greater sex appeal.
And you will find a woman or man who will need you and pursue you and
go loco over you more than your spouse ever did.

Because no wife or husband is perfect.

Because a spouse will only have 90% of what you're looking for.
So adultery takes place when a husband or wife looks for the missing 10%.

Let's say your wife is melancholic by nature. You may find yourself
drawn to the pretty clerk who has a cherry laughter.

Or because your wife is a homebody in slippers and pyjamas, smelling of
garlic and fish oil, you may fall for a fresh-smelling young sales
representative that visits your office in a sharp black blazer, high
heels, and a red pencil-cut skirt.

Or because your husband is the quiet type, your heart may skip a beat when
you meet an old college flame who has the makings of a talk show host.

But wait! That's only 10% of what you don't have.

Don't throw away the 90% that you already have!
Add to your spouse's 90% the 100% that represents all the years that you
have been with each other.

The storms you have weathered together.
The unforgettable moments of sadness and joy as a couple.
The many adjustments you have made to love the other. The wealth of
memories that you've accumulated as lovers.

Adultery happens when you start looking for what you don't have.
But faithfulness happens when you start thanking God for what you already
have.

But I'm not just talking about marriage. I'm talking about life!
About your jobs.
About your friends.
About your children.
About your lifestyles.
Are you like the economy airline

The main message:
If you start appreciating what you have right now, wherever you are is
FIRST CLASS!

cutiechar

Hi sandgirl!

wow..300 inserts..tat means you have quite a no. of tables..
happy.gif

yes, the coordinator has told us mayb food tasting will be in end oct or nov coz my wedding is end of Dec ( 27 dec, after christmas..hehe)
eh I realised that 20 of my tables are all my relatives and hubby's relatives. do you face this problem?

Hi Chicory!

Gd afternoon!
yah, better go trial makeup and if you are satisfied with the artist, den go ahead with the PS liao..coz not much time oledi..
actually shld rush all things finish den leave last 2 weeks to be meimei. hehehe..
I jia you for u! jia you!! jia you!!
Let us know how is your trial K?

Hi Wendyl

how urs? seems like most of everyone has finish their PS and preparing for guest list.

cheers!

piper

hello..

I also printed 300 invites cos my hubby inviting his colleagues then each one need 1 invite....so exceeded what the hotel had provided for.

I'm now sourcing for those traditional pastries for my guo da li...no luck yet.

cath

Hi Kor,
Mine is at Mandarin. Are you done with the seating arrangements liao? I have a headache on that.... not easy though...

leo29

Besse,

Me juz back to the office. Nwadays our thread is quite quiet. Bo bian lei... I think most of us are busy with wedding preparation plus wanted to get the works done as early as possible so can enjoy our big day...

Anyone here still haven't buy the bath tub, face basin.... Just now went to beaty world centre, know a shop that have 58 years of experient in this stuffs and he can tell me tradition saying of those stuffs that we buy so chim.....

Are,

The uncle said needle are not suppose to be in the sewing box lei....

Did you mentioned that no black thread is allow? The uncle said black(black hair) and white(white hair) thread muz ve to symbolise Bai Tou Dao Lao. And the ball with childrens, no need to buy. I ask him why, he said you will bear your own children not your mum give you children???? Abit ridiculous! But i guess he got some liao also if not Channel 8 wun ask him to explain the traditional things on Sun documentary show-Shu2 Li2 Shu2 Qi4.

Just share what i know.... Don't mind lah hor... I mean different ppl have their own traditional way.

are

leo29... ya lor, all diff 'sayings'. i dun really care abt such things lah, so as long as my mum is happy, i'll juz do wat she says!
happy.gif

besse... me here too... but juz went to buy water (!) sianz... water in office ran out but no one buy.

chicory

Hi Cutiechar,

Thanks for all your "jia you"
lol.gif
. Ok, will update you after my trial this week
happy.gif
. I think i will call T-dragon next week after my PS. Settle one thing at a time first, if not very stress... haha.

annmelody

Meow,

Sorry to hear that of your MIL. My mum also have not been feeling well for the past year....stomach bloated and has no appetite... so she may not go for my wedding dinner :<

feb

Hi meow

Sorry to hear about your MIL. Like what the gals say, think of the bright side lor..N all should be well for you..Dun stress yourself as your big day is coming soon...

Hi Leo

You counting down on the number of hours left in the office huh...Pity your company to have such a staff like u leh..hee hee..Just joking hor...no angry..Cos last time u also like tat say me..so now got chance to say you back..hahahaha...

meowie

Hey gals, when you all think you want to sent your invites? I believe some of them have already sent liao especially those on the first 2 weeks right?

yve

meow, sent my invites 1 month before AD. Depending on when you need to cfm the tables, then u can adjust your timing to rsvp. For me, have to cfm by 20 Oct, so now I am already checking attendance with those that I have invited.

besse

meow

me just sent out ysday, and given out to my colleagues liao.. some people that you think might not be that reliable one must RSVP again and again nearer to date..

my parents still have not written their invites.. faintz!!

meowie

Besse,
I jus asked my dad to write it fast, incase not enough invites need to take 1week to print again.

When i called them to ask their address, they somehow already told me whether they will come or not, so do we still need to call them again at a later stage?