(2003) Brides of year 2003

ava

Hi Gals!

How was dinner?
happy.gif

Bet u all had lots of fun!

Putise
*pat* *pat*
i guess we all go through different difficult situations and can never really understand how each other feels.
whatever it is, at the end of the day it's you and your hubby
happy.gif

I'm sure the gals here will be ok with you letting off some steam here
happy.gif
we will too if we were in a pissy mood ;p

Stay Happy & Smily Novas!

I'm getting so nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*deep breath*

Have a gd wk ahead!

min_minnie

Meow,

I may not be joining you all in the wrist corsages making session cos I finished mine on Sat nite at my new house. Was at new house, nothing to do so FH did the corsages for me. I just tell him how I wanted it to be glue on. And my arm got a small scar cos I got burnt by the tip of the glue gun. Just not careful. Going to be a buy at work today again. Hope can finish on time cos not feeling too well today, think going to fall sick.

teatree

good morning all,

i have some of my ps pictures with me
happy.gif
anyone wants to see them?? hehehe...

sandy, your pictures not ready yet ah? me want to see leh...

cutiechar, me would love to see your pictures!!!
happy.gif
pls send me the link...

meowie

K min, you take care and drink lots of water. Why so clumsy? Where you now? Home or work? You got go buy glue gun huh? I sms you last night. You didn't reply me. Had a shock to found that the price for Tas and Europe are about the same.

Ava,
Yes gal, everyone enjoy themselves but you hor has missed us many times liao leh.
happy.gif
Sorry huh, where you stay huh? I'm off tomorrow and see when i can pop down to look for you to get the flowers.

min_minnie

Meow,
At work lah. But dun really feel well. Yap, rec'd your sms but dun feel well so didn't call you. The glue gun was brought when my FH went to buy tools so that he can have available tools to fix whatever in the house. He says $3.50, quite cheap, so bought it. Tas and Europe same meh? We tot going January ler. Still not decided where to go.

meowie

Min, me wanna go in feb. Cos i scare January, some places still snowing, but dunno heavy or not. If still snowing heavily, may affect the trip so i rather play safe, go in feb is the best.

Yesterday asked 10days at tasmania, its a charter flight meaning its direct by SIA cost $2788, 12Days Europe also cost $2438 but unconfirm. Think again, Australia so near need 9hrs flight and Europe so far need 13hrs flight? i still feel Europe more worth unless go Gold Coast then will be cheaper say $1300 can liao

feb

Hi girls

How was your dinner on Friday?
Ask you all huh, remember someone in this thread did mention buying the GDL things somewhere in Jurong West. Can I have the address again?

min_minnie

Hi, Meow,

We did think of going Europe. Feb no snow leh. Nvr see snow before. S$2438 for 12 days cheap.

Leo29,
Did you post our gathering photo in the Novas?

besse

min, meow

jan and feb will be freezing cold in europe leh.. u sure you wanna go freeze there? days will be v v short too.. best is go spring time in april :p

Meow, Tas can go on own wan. v v tourist frenly, and easy 2 drive.. can ask Yve for her plans if you wanna go there.. she f&e i think.. no nid 2788 so expensive wan la
happy.gif

Ya, where's that leo? so bo eng 2day? whole day never see her posting.. hehe.

Min, take care, drink plenty water!!

leo29

Besse,

We two got sensor huh.... the moment you look for me, I appear.... hahaha.... Ya lor, morning very busy... now then can come in a eat snake abit...

putise

hi girls...

me feeling better liao... decided to take things easy... just let my FIL do watever he wants loh..

how was friday's dinner?? i've settled my wedding invites and my printer oredi.. all my FIL's choice so at least he cannot complain later..

i've also bought the stuff required for GDL oredi.. my parents are so sweet, they went and bought me some more gold for jia zhuang 'coz they see me so upset last week so wanna cheer me up... so now i've got 2 dragon/phoneix bangles, 1 diamond tennis bracelet and matching necklace and 1 gold necklace and braclet set!! all from my dear parents
happy.gif

besse

Putise

Hee.. good 2 hear you better now
happy.gif
see, your parents are still the sweetest!!
happy.gif
don fret abt FIL.. things will be better..
happy.gif

Leo

Hee.. we telepathic.. you busy this am ar? *sayang*.. ok, will take a look at the photo later!!

100th posting!!
happy.gif

yve

Meow, my F&E package with Chan Bro for Tasmania is $1400. 4 nights accomodation + 5 days car. I am extending another 6 nights at tasmania and also stopping over at Melbourne for 3 days. It will cost me about 7K for 2 including food, petrol and etc.. I not so gian on F&E lah, since I have done it before at NZ and France. But hubby want to try so try lor.. I hope I still have some money for hotair balloon at Melbourne..

If thinking of gng in Dec, better book already.. Dec is a peak period.

meowie

Okean, this is what i found out. I heard from my sis that the shop is located at Bt Batok, so this should be the one.
Pick up address:Flour Garden

Blk 371 Bukit Batok St 31 #01-324
Tel : 6565 8278 / 6235 2281 (Choz)

I think i've eaten them before. My sis used them for their wedding, same goes to her sis-in-law. Well it's open by my sister da sao mah.

Min, No snow meh? I remember when i went in early March, i dun see snow but one fine day the weather turn very cold till it snow and we thought it was ashes in the first place cos some guys were smoking there.

meowie

Yve,
Actually i'm lost. If anyone ask me where i want to go now, i'll answer Thailand. I haven't go there this year leh. The things are cheap, so i love to go there to shop. Only maybe when my dream is fulfil after going to Thai, then i'll know where i want to go for HM.

So does that means its already 9 days and you extend another 5days? So total is 14days lah?

yve

Meow,

The package is only 4 nights, so 5 days lor. I booked another 6 nights accomodations on my own. So total is 11 days at Tasmania. Stop over at Melbourne for 3 nights (with 1 night spent along the great ocean road). So total is 14 days.

Wah, i also want to go bangkok leh.. Only been to phuket before in Thailand. I am disturbing hubby to go for short trip early next year.

cutiechar

Hi teatree!

[email protected]
send to me! muacks

Hi micky!

tks!

actuali I dont reali like the outdoor pics coz the outdoor location no good..coz its raining. these pics are not touched up yet..but dont care, show to u all first. The pics are taken with digital camera das why so clear..haha..:p

cheers!

leo29

Gals,

I need some help.... I think diamond have a few cert., can someone tell me the different and which is the best..... Thank You!

Akira, Amore, DK and Aloevera,

What a waste.... last friday don't have chance to talk to you all. Me very shy one..., pai seh to walk over... Hahaha.....

Wedsoon,

Last friday got happening or not.....

piper

hello teatree,

u went far east square for ur ps right?...my office was near that place & once I happened to look out of the window & saw a couple taking photos there...Now wondering if they were u
ohoh.gif

baobei

hi cutiechar,
thanks for sharing ur pics....u look really marvellous and ur hubby is handsome!!

really hope my photos will look as great too..

btw ur BS allow u to take back pics for scanning? Did u top up any photos?

akira

leo, we can always meet up again.
happy.gif
I also didn't get to talk to the girls from the other end of the table... wat a pity.

not sure which diamond certification is the best though I think as long as its internationally recognised such as GIA it shouldn't differ too much. wah, buying new diamond is it?? so envious..
happy.gif

teatree

hi cutiechar and micky,

i have sent you an invitation to view my albums
happy.gif

hi piper,

i dind't take my photos in far east square, they were taken in holland village. hehehe.... if only had taken in far east square then i would have met you
happy.gif

wenz

Hi Leo
Personally I will go for GIA becos of the laser insciption registry no in the diamond. In future, if you send for any service, you can refer to this no and make sure that you get back the right diamond. Do ask the sales person to show u the inscription no before buying.
HRD doesnt have inscription no. That's y not as popular as GIA Diamond.
Premium diamond like Lazare, Brillant Rose, Zen etc all have their own certificates.

Apart from Colour & Clarity, i usually look for
Depth - preferably less than 60%. If too depth, the diamond will not shine and surface might look a bit smaller.

Fluorescene - none. Diamond w fluorescene appears to be a bit blueish.

Hope this will help u. Enjoy shopping for your ideal diamond n remember to ask hubby to buy big big one cos you will wear it everyday.

wenz

Hi Meow & Grace
Thanks for recommending Indulge. Was there this afternoon. They were good, especially Jane who did my french manicure.

Have you tried their mango smoothie scrub and lotion or beefy lotion? Good? Thinking of taking their package but not sure which one. Any recomendation?

liching

Leo29,
U may when to check on how many Facets of the diamond. If i'm not wrong facets will affect the shine of the diamond. Facets is the surface cut that cos the light reflections just like the "spectrum".
There's a shop called the Charlotte or something that launch their 105facets diamond. There's one at Ngee Ann City & Suntec if i'm not wrong. I personally think tat they have bvery original designs even for their normal rings.

liching

Wen,
Too big diamond one cannot wear everyday leh? it Gets in the way?
Hee! people think it's probably some cheapo diamond rings.

liching

Amore,
Here's the "Poaw Leng Teng" (Teochew sweets pastry)shop - Gin Thye Cake Maker:-
423, 12 M.S. Sembawang Rd.
Mommy says they're the best.

mtmtmt

The Charlotte one is called Gabrielle Diamond, just another special facet cut like Brilliant Rose, but with more facets. The price jump is VERY steep, and effect not seen/ not appreciated < 0.5 ct.

Normal cut round brilliant is the standard norm. Check on GIA cert table and depth <60% (easier to remember... if better memory then table 57% thereabouts, depth 60% thereabouts)
happy.gif

As for size, whatever makes you happy- how others perceive is their problem (plus how you wear?)
I don't wear mine (or just turn the stone palm-in) when I do bargaining for whatever shopping though.

Happy Diamond shopping!

aloevera

leo29,
aiya, u shy, i largi more shy la.. heehee. nvm we r all so bz chatting wif d person nearest to us. maybe next time shld request for round table instead.. easier 2 tok..*__*

wow u oso soppin for tennis bracelet izit? : )

cutiechar

Hi all!

tq tq tq for the compliments. :p

Hi Gril!

My hubby handsome? eee...don think so...heez
I actuali got my pics the next day(Sun) after my PS on Sat. I got all pics back in 2 CD ROM. one for outdoor and one for indoor.so now I oli need to chose those that I like and print it on album.
in short, I actuali got all my pics back.
happy.gif

Hi teatree!

tks, I will go and see ur nice pics..

Hi Piper!

yah, relaxed mode coz its raining and the photographer oso no idea where to go, so anyhow..hahaha

cheers!

okeanosmao

thanks meow. =)
hmm...yr dao sao must be v popular hor..saw frm choz website, it seems tt it is v popular among artists..

will try to visit the shop.

leo29

Gals,

Thanks for your advice. Wow.... ChimGelogy lei... i think i need sometimes to absorb...

Aloevera,

No lah, tennis bracelet still pending.... Me very Chor lor and careless, scare loss it. Just want to buy pendant and earing.

Akira,

Don't gei gei lah... you also got the ability to buy just that you don't want. You very Qian1 Xu1 lei.. hiak hiak hiak