(2003) Brides of year 2003

kopibean

leo,
my departure date is 9th dec...but me goin package...so hav to meet 15pax....me praying everyday tat will meet 15 pax on tat departure date!!
which agency u called up?
i booked wif chan bros during their preview sale!

ava,
long time no c..
yup...me will be a young mother siah..haha
but give birth b4 27..think got wat rebate..hee
save $ too...

M

mt

Hi Leo,
thanks- still ironing out fitting problems (my body not symmetrical
sad.gif
). The white-blue is my WG, the champagne gold-wheat is my EG :p

Hi Ava,
nice to see you here again
happy.gif

D

dk

MT,
2nd Fitting went well...i find it rather troublesome so many fitting...So Lei Cher!
I'm trying get hold of the Digital Camera...
My hubby keep forgetting to bring back the disk he leave at the office....Everyone at home is also eager to see it. Let U know when it's ready.

D

dk

Serene,
Time really fies...my hubby suppose to think of where to go for outdoor PS...he so busy at work still no news form him....i think most probably end up having indoors PS only...MAN! never seems to accomplished the task assigned to them at time.

Anyway our PS is jus 4hrs session i dun think there's time to do outdoor. We'll see that day...cos i check wif the photographer...he's not tied up with any other appointments for that day.

Hoe about U? Tot of where to PS outdoor?

D

dk

Wen,
I'm going for another fitting today (Thur) before my PS.
Well, every thing is okay ....but somehow no fantastic feeling in the overall products lei! But of course no compliants so far lah!
Perhaps i too tried...But TW really good lor...professional, I rather suprise he's very approachable & i think my hubby is the one being more impressed by Him.

My hubby got TW to do his suit & a shirt...Well, i guess he's jus too lasy to shop anymore...
...at least he put effort to think of a shirt different from the normal business / formal shirts.
But we did made one more french sleeve cuff-links shirt from Kingsmen.
We decided to get both shirts in white cos my hubby's complexion is rather dark.

Maybe if we have the time we'll get another colour shirt to go with my EG before the actual wedding day...

Dun worry Wen, your PS is in Sept...my hubby only confirmed with his suit with TW on 15th....So i guess your hubby still have time lah! Maybe he jus wane give U a surprise...who knows he might have already done it!

Take care & keep in touch!

sweetie

Besse,
Let us know when you have your plans about the business. After seven month, I am going to bring things to my house liao...

Ask you gals. Do you display your soft toys at your new house? I have so many but no display corners. All will be chucked into the storeroom.
sad.gif

feb

Hi sweetie

Me too. Have a lot of soft toys also. Therefore we have custom made a study shelf meant to display the soft toys instead of books...Hee hee..

yve

Morning gers!!!

Lots are happening here hor?? I booked a self-drive at Tasmania with Chan brothers last night. For 4 nights, but gng to extend to total of 10 nights and also gng to stopover at melbourne on the way back. It will be total of 15 days. Long long break..
happy.gif
Come back sure no mood to work.

leo29

Are,

My hotel don’t have the projector only have the screen, stupid right. If we want, we need to rent from their contractor. That why so ex lor! Oh ya….. suddenly recall, my coordinator told me last year when I signed up that they might buy one this year. Better check with her later. Pray……

Ava,

No need to practice smiling. That is for PS only. We sure very happy on our AD and you also don’t know why you keep on smiling. I juz hope AD schedule don’t screw up so i can realx the whole day..... But hor...., i saw quite a nos of brides that were too tense up and get irritates easily. End up the hubby kana scew,
sad.gif

leo29

Kopi,

Let me discuss wif my hubby again and see what his respond is. Actually he not so particular on the destination, as long got a place to go, he will be ok. I can’t remember the tour agent name, I think should be a small company.

Besse,

You select your photos already? Me will be end of this mth but the photographer still haven’t call me. So eager to see my photos lei.

Yve,

So you finally settle your honeymoon package. No more worry huh!

passerby

hi kopibean & yve,

how are the rates for chan brother? Is SA good? considering to go australia for HM...so was wondering if the rates now are better or during the NATAS exhibition.

pls advise...

amore

for those looking for honeymoon tour package...

EXCLUSIVE DEALS AT THE UNBEATABLE CHAN BROTHERS TRAVEL FAIR
24 Aug (Sun) 9am - 9pm Suntec City Hall 402 Level 4 Free Admission

CONTIKI HOLIDAYS FOR 18-35'S
- Save S$400 Per Couple
- Additional 5% Off Triple Share
- Additional Group Discount: 4 Pax = 5%; 7 Pax = 7.5%; 10 Pax = 10%

16D Great Britain frS$3228
16D European Discovery frS$3058
16D Simply Italy frS$2758
16D Best of France frS$2648
16D Spain & Portugal frS$2678
20D European Encounter frS$3598
25D European Vista frS$4288
32D European Panorama frS$5488

For more details, click on the URL.
http://www.chanbrothers.com/index.cfrm?id=cbt_contiki2002

AIR NEW ZEALAND BUSINESS CLASS UPGRADE OFFER
Add S$688 only & fly Business Class on Air Zealand worth S$5248 per pax!

One-way S$388
Two-way S$688

Valid for Sep & Oct departures. Applicable to all New Zealand holiday packages. For 1st 50 pax only, subject to availability.

SUPERSTAR VIRGO PROMOTION
- Up to 25% Off
- Free Shore Excursion*

6D Kuala Lumpur / Penang / Phuket frS$392
Dep: Sep 21

4D Langkawi / Phuket Cruise frS$247
Dep: sep 14,28

3D Weekend Cruise frS$194
Dep: Aug 29 Sep 5,12,19,29

3D Malacca / Kuala Lumpur Cruise frS$149
Dep: Sep 3,10,17

*Selected tours and departures, conditions apply.

For enquiries, email [email protected] or call 6438 8880.

Hope i did not flood the forum!!!... hehheee... still got another one leh

akira

ava, wah, going to be tai tai after wedding is it?? I haven't done anything.. stress!!!

leo, I think those tensed up brides you mentioned are prob perfectionists who want everything to be perfect and get stressed otherwise.I'm also like tat at work and I'm telling myself tat on my AD its ok to have small imperfections and relax. Just have fun and enjoy the day.. hopefully will be able to do it then. :p

yve

leo, no uh, cannot relax.. Now must plan the itinerary. Just confirmed the plane tickets only. Every place seem so beautiful but try to stay cheaper yet nice hotels..

passerby, Chan Bro garanteed refund if the rates are cheaper during the fair later on.

akira, I am a control freak too..
happy.gif

leo29

Akira,

I also really hope i can do it and enjoy my day. I'm not those perfectionist but i very hot temper. Abit of thing sure ....... Must warn my hubby better don't provoke me man......

Yve,

I think kopibean mentioned that earlier. Sound convincing huh. I think they have to do in this way if not sure alot of ppl go for later fair. I'm one of them....
happy.gif

yve

leo, I think chan wants to fill up their package tours asap. They giving discounts for the first 10 pax. Today got another advertisement by them. They are really doing well.

M

mt

Hi Yve, thanks. Altered the sizes for my WG and Cocktail Dress again, so cross fingers that it'll be fine by tomorrow. Don't think I'd collect my EG tomorrow cos probably can fine-tune the size and collect on Sat.

Schedule cutting very close, better not gain or lose any inches anywhere or it'll all be "off" again.

Hi DK, looking forward to seeing the pics in Novas- exactly which day is your PS, mine is next Mon. I chose outdoors of Orchard Rd-Heeren-Mandarin Hotel, then Expo MRT.

S

sept 03 bride

Hi shirsweetiepie and all,
hv u guys sent out ur invitation cards already?
I'm getting panicky cos i have not done but verbally i hv gotten confirmation fm frens and some colleagues.
Any idea which wine is good?
My date is on 17th Sept at Holiday Inn Parkview

female

if u've gotten confirmation already, shld be ok wat. are you waiting for the end of 7th month? what abt ur relatives? i despatched almost all already, but my grandma is holding those for relatives until the end of the month. my mother will be verbally RSVP-ing with them this week.

sori, im as lost abt the wine, cant help u here! A1 at The Heeren basement sells wine on consignment basis.

S

sept 03 bride

Hi female,
my mum did verbally informed my relative abt it already... but u know ... last min always got tings crop up and screw up the plan...
In a way loh, i did not realli wan to do much during teh 7th mth but now i tink beri rush liao
But also, i din went ahead to print my inserts hence i could not send out anything oso.
Now I'm tinking of who to ask to be my emcee... and stuff..
Big headache + stressful

N

new03

hi all sept brides

i went thro all ur postings bt nvr found any1's wedding on 5/9/03 (Fri)... WHY??

any1 on 5/9/03, pls ans dun b shy??? ;p

vivace

hi all

i hv sent all my invitation out already... some even send during 7th mth... only my MIL will send hers card after 7th mth... both hubby and I not really superticious regarding this... i know some parents v.particular, no choice loh! then u hv to follow... we dont follow coz we dont hv to be in the situation as wat Sep03 Bride facing now... panicking... anyway since Sep03 Bride already get a verbal comfirmation fm the friend and relatives, shouldnt b a problem... relex a bit lah!
happy.gif

are

MT... gd idea to go expo mrt. we took some pics there 4 work & very nice. looks like airport but a lot more natural lights so v bright & fresh.

shirsweetiepie

Sept 03 Bride

Had not sent out the cards yet,will only do so,after guo da li.
happy.gif
yup,same here, just do a verbal notice 2 our friends & relatives loh.
happy.gif

can't help u abt wine,however think u can get reasonably gd wines less than $25 per bottle.yup, like wat female mentioned,better 2 go 2 those tat works on consignment basis,tat's wat we doing so too.
happy.gif

vivace!!

3 more weeks to go!!
happy.gif

P

pinkfun

Anyone celebrating with me on 4 september 2003?

mine is at grand copthorne waterfront hotel :D

besse

Hi Sweetie

No problem.. we are going to tie down the details this weekend.. DO NOT DISCARD the nice stuff that you dowan anymore ok?
happy.gif
Save for me!!! Will give you some $$ too.. hopefully! ;)

Leo

We've most likely to select the photos in Sept.. my photographer is doing a Shoot in Europe..
sad.gif
ya lor, excited, but dunno if my fats and orr bak kak will show
sad.gif

Got old nice clothes or bags to sell or not??

Yve..

Hehe... excited abt the honeymoon! I also dunno whether to plan for where... hmmm.. depends on budget.. hmm... hmm... hmm...

Got old nice clothes or bags to sell or not??

M

mt

Hi are, HB works in some buildings near there so he passes through Expo MRT daily- thought it'd be memorable to have PS there so he can smile to himself on the way to work (hahah, as if guys so sentimental). He's even thinking of having a few shots taken outside his office building... but a distance to trudge leh.

D

dk

MT,
I've jus came back for my bridal fitting. My PS is next friday. So I'll will be collecting my gown on thursday.
Yours on Monday? U should be reaaly exicted about it....Must take good care...sleep well...
All the best for your PS! Keep us update!

Cheers!

ava

Hello!
happy.gif

Besse,
ok
happy.gif
I'll call you
happy.gif
THANKS!

Kopibean
happy.gif

yes rebate is for kids you have before you're 27 or 2 kinds before you're 30 I think
happy.gif
good planning
happy.gif
i planned
happy.gif
but not fated to get married younger
happy.gif
but it's ok
happy.gif
I think i'm better prepared now
happy.gif

MT!
happy.gif

glad you're so happy with your gowns
happy.gif
you've worked really hard to get them looking nice and unique!
happy.gif
good on you!
happy.gif

Akira
happy.gif

I don't think I'm cut out for tai taidom ;) even
happy.gif
if i wish for it
happy.gif
hee hehe
happy.gif
but I'm a lot happier now
happy.gif
need to get rid of my forehead wrinkles ! !!! !!!
happy.gif

Leo
happy.gif

that's why must smile smile smile
happy.gif
even after PS
happy.gif
you're right I've seen too many kan cheong couples also
happy.gif
so we r preparing to do our best
happy.gif
and the rest is up to fate
happy.gif

Hey Amore!
Thanks for the INFO!
happy.gif

Keep up the spirit gals!
happy.gif

pris

Wow, all so siok can go honeymoon....making me really want to book one tour with hubby.
So sad....have to wait till after my baby boy is born that is in 24 Nov 2003 then can go for a really honeymoon with hubby.Me so poor thing, after my wedding I just only gone to Bangkok for short trip because I am pregnant.......so sad!
Really want to visit Australlia after my pregnancy.

B

blur_lady

hi ladies,

its a one month count down to my customary and i've been so busy working till i lose head over preparation. i'm trying to find out what is needed to be bought, what are in the dowry etc. any ideas pls?

M

mt

Hi Pris, I may not have HM- no idea where to go really. I like India but HB's worried about that location. You are right- you can always visit Australia after
happy.gif

Hi DK, cool! Hopefully we'd get our album abt the same time too
happy.gif

Hi Are, thanks- me trying to relax... lol! Need to do my nails, thread face, epilate arms, bleach teeth, conditon hair, collect the gowns, do trial and buy Evian mineral water spray before PS. And practice smiling... I don't smile enough!
sad.gif

are

MT... dun worrie, u will auto smile one. juz relac and enjoy your PS! ;P

same goes to all others doing PS soon! ;P

jojok

wow... u girls all so excited liao... i m not excited at all leh... felt like just going thru a motion which I didn't want esp the banquet. Only looking forward to my church wedding.

I didn't bother abt the 7th mth, still went ahead w some prepartions & issue of invitation cards. For my side, guess all the RSVP, cards are pretty much settled but not for the guy side. Have yet to obtain a guest list fm them. Quite frustrated & tired of pressing them. How do u gals ask your in-laws for their list? FH also v slack on this leh...

female

dear jojok,

i also got same problem! slack FH, so i hv no idea what the PILs are doing. i used to press, but now, whenever i see them (once a month), i;ll just repeat (w a smile) "you all will be doing the guest list & arranging tables right?" i really cross my fingers that their idea of arranging is NOT just "5 tables for Lee family". sigh. wat to do? i try to take it easy lor. closer to date, when my FH is in town, i will press him instead, to press them. i think we press PIL not good.

Sept03 bride, invite pp is like that one lah, dun stress. my MIL early request for 25 cards. I gave her extra 10, then last week she ask for somemore! how can?! tables limited, still want to add?

well, only 3 more weeks to go...im a bundle of nerves & excitment...i think many of us facing the same problem, still so many little things to do i.e. emcee, vows, speech, in-charge, logistics, wine etc etc. *shudder* i dont want to think already - instant stress.

starmiffmel

hello gals...
i am soo lost...sounds like everyone is having fun. i am having 20 tables but looks like need to extend to almost 30. MIL got alot of pple to invite and its tough to try to get her to not invite..sigh sigh..
so i think the inserts better print more...

hi shirlynn,
can i have the contact for the inserts...

grace.... =)

starmiffmel

oh i forgot to add that i collected my big album n photos for the guest and the bedroom frame..
the small album is not ready yet..
will post up the photo for guest in nova..

besse,
how does this clothings thingy work..
pardon me..cos i too long never come in .. very lost.

leo29

Oh.... quite a number of you change your nick huh. You make me scratch my head until all my dandruffs come out lei and i still can't figure out who are you until i look at our name list. Hahaha....

Star,

You are one of them lei. You are more jia lat, checked the namelist but still don't know who you are. Pai seh huh.

ally

Hi all,

been a long time since i last posted... feeling really panicky now. 5 weeks to the wedding and so many things are still not arranged
sad.gif
my FH and i have been so swamped by work, we just have no time to do anything for the last month!

desperately need advice on where i can get my wedding card inserts, church invites and mass booklets printed at a reasonable rate within a week. my relatives, friends and colleagues have been asking me for the invites and i intend to distribute them after the 7th month.

now that my work has eased up a bit, i better go full steam ahead! really hope i can get everything done on time...

starmiffmel

alamak leo,

i got put my name at the bottom of the first message.. i oso dont want to change nick.. but i cannot keyin as someone has the same name...
sob sob...

grace

S

sept 03 bride

Hi female,
haiz... i'm feeling the stress cos i'm studying p/t and my assignments are all due in Sept...
now realli hv to juggle my time properly

Btw, female, where are u getting ur wines? I'm too tied up to source ard... is cold storage a reliable source for wines?

annmelody

WOw.... i tink i kind of lose thread here already.. only manage to log on any one to 2 days. Can do me a favour? reply to my message ...can the kind soul send to my email address at [email protected]? I cannot change my email profile in SB leh :<

Besse, Can I have some of your gold threads as well?

BTW, forgotten who's the one who stay at Blk 317 Anchorvale ? huh? Think I old already...remember the face but not the nick leh..is it kopibean

kopibean

annemelody,
wow...u announce so publicly har...is me who stay in tat place...wait ppl kidnapped me how??hee

besse,
i have abot 20 to 30 pieces of old clothes...
then old bags onli 2 or 3...
let me koe when u need them so i can pack everything in a bag!!!

leo,
did u go down to chan brothers fair @ suntec yesterday??
think their promo is realli gd!!!

passerby, think my reply by now is a bit late as the travel fair by chan bros is over...but u can give them a call to chk on their packages....

ava,
thanks for ur info on the rebate!!!
yeah...think i can make it lah..heee...