(2003) Brides of year 2003

meowie

Thanks Yve, see your mail from yahoo. Pretty upset with the new function that even if i post as a guest with that Nick, it doesn't allows lor. Last time still can thou i tried to register with Meow. So now i have to change my Nick a little to come here, so that's my new Nick you'll see

amerlinelee

hi ladies,

good morning....i am also going NZ for hm but its so expensive! i am taking the 13 days north and south island package, hope that Natas fair can offer good stuff!

chicory

hi tingting,

I also don't know the exact date of my trial MU. Our schedules are quite similar. BS jus called yesterday to go down to tailor today to take hubby's measurements. My fren went to Marina South Park, but the photographer only took pictures of them with a tree... and grasses. I am considering Botanical Garden though, what do you think? I also like Changi Beach, can go there to take sunset pics. Wanted to go Sentosa cuz' got greenery, sands and beaches, but i think Linn Kong is "scared" of the place... hee hee...
lol.gif

matka

hi girls

we're also planning to wait for the NATAS fair... but that'll probably happen just 2-3 weeks before our wedding. Do you think that's too late for us to book? Or do you think we should just go ahead and book our packages now? I'm just afraid that the fair might have really good deals that we might miss.

Vio, let's cross our fingers! <grin>

as i reiterate... hee hee. NZ is a really wonderful place. You girls will enjoy it there!

are

hi gals.. i need help. racking my brains for the tag for my favors. anything else other than 'thank you for sharing our joy' that you have seen at other weddings? i would like to have 'thanx' and 'party' but 'thanx for coming to our party' sounds a bit funnie leh... help help!

N

novgroom

Is wedding favors a must? I am not planning to have it except for the chocolate that the banquet provide.

yve

are,
how about "thanx for coming to our wedding party"

novgroom, not necc to have wedding favours. choco from banquet is good enough.. besse is not even having any chocs from the banquet..

are

nov groom... ya, no need for extra. mine is for my 2nd dinner which dun hv anything. i using restaurant's cakes for the 1st.

M

mt

Hi Are,
"We are delighted by your presence- thank you!"
"Thank you for your part in our joyous occasion!"
"Your presence added warmth- thank you!"

Actually, abit lorsor, "Thank you for sharing our joy" sounds best to me.

Hi Novgroom, not necessary. It's optional and no one will complain if none.

pam

Hi Renee Jesslyn,
Mine is a off-shoulder dress and due to my weight loss Michelle will only take my measurement at end Aug then after that I must maintain.
My photographer is Kim and makeup artist Ivy.

matka

Hi 1027

In terms of pricing, i'm not too sure if they're cheaper, or more expensive. But i think it shldn't be too expensive because they're the source. I go to Yam &amp; Son for my rubber stamps. They have two offices/shops: one at Furama and the other's at Tan Boon Liat Building (#10-01) near Outram. I usually go to the one at Tan Boon Liat Building.

http://www.rubberstamp.com.sg

cath

Hi girls,
actually me also considering maldives for HM but my colleague told me that maldives' population is more islamic while mauritius is multi-national like singapore. Hear that koh samui is nice too. Btw, is NZ nice cos I do noth have much idea abt that place except farmstay.
happy.gif

augus

Hi dragerry

Preparations...i tot so far so good but as you know "whatever will go wrong, WIll go wrong"!!!

praying very hard now.. ha! ha! How's yours??

minx

Hi Pam,

Did Michelle suggested an off-shoulder WG for you? She did not suggest that option to me.. she will be designing bustier for me...

Did you lose a lot of weight?

When is your PS?

kopibean

yve,
maybe you can try Devils' Bar beside Orchard Parade hotel...i no been there b4...but heard frm frens tat there not bad....

are,
"Thank you for being with us on this special day"

but i agree with MT tat "Thank you for sharing our joy" sounds best to me too...

besse

Hi All

MIA for quite some time liaoz.. hehe.. finally got time to check in here.. err. whoa.. new look leh ;)

Hmm.. Yve, can try Embassy lor.. else fall back on Mdm Wong or Newsroom for the usual retro songs.. err.. if not Illusion is nice too.. wonder how you gonna have your hen party.. kekee.. we org one for a fren.. with a male russian blue eyed stripper.. wahahah.. fun!!

Meow.. gonna do wrist corsages? i got a jie mei vol to help ;) heheh.. like that i no nid to do liaoz.. wahaha.. but thinking of doing it bangle style.. wonderz if it works..

Nov Groom

Annor, i oso don serve choc as wedding favs even. Do think people will appreciate. i swopped the choc for wines.. better deal i think

besse

Hi Angus &amp; ALl new brides to be

Welcome to the thread!!

Angus, I'm using Tristen Yeo as my AD photographer. He can be reached at 9-six-9-two-7-four-0-nine. (no choice but to post like that cos nos are banned). If you still cant find someone, I have a fren who's an amateur, but he's quite good. Let me know and i can patch you guys up to see his portfolio.

Hi matka! thanks!
i found one also. $12 for self-inking stamp from S'pore Rubber Stamp Maker. Ready in 3 business days too!
yay, thanks again!

tingting

hi chicory,

Botanical gardens is quite a nice place, but may be a bit boring cos not much variety...the green is very nice thou..i'm sure the pictures will turn out nice too! Think will go check out these 3 places before deciding...or get ur photographer to recommend..
happy.gif

pam

Hi Renee Jesslyn,
I explained to Michelle my concerns on the need to cover the arms due to some stretch marks there, so she suggested off-shoulder.
I did not lose as much weight as you did but due to more regular exercise, I am losing inches.
My PS is on 11/11/03. How abt urs? Should be quite near mine. Have u decided where to go for outdoor?

yve

kopibean.
Devils bar is very crowded.. Was there last Oct for a hens party.. That was so long ago..

Besse:
Embassy is at esplanade? How about double O?
Numbers are banned?? strange..

N

novgroom

Besse,

Chocolate is necessary in case all the guest waited for too long and get hungry.
happy.gif

chicory

Hi tingting,

Oh really? Then i think i must check the place out first. Actually, i think Pasir Ris Park is also nice, my fren went there for her actual day shoot. I am thinking of leaving it for actual day too as it is quite near my house. Heard Emerald Hill is nice too. Actually, there are many nice places. I think nice open-air cafe is also a good choice.
happy.gif

meowie

Augus,
If you want nick's contact can get from me. If you want, i can forward his lastest package to you too. Dun worry okay, you should be able to find one with so many recommends here.
happy.gif

teatree

hi naturally,

i am not staying with in laws neither will i buy a new place cos i am a foreigner. so most probably will be renting an apartment. hopefully can get a nice area like holland village.

mmh, who's your photographer? i have so many locations i am torn... anyway, i am with utopia. have read some not so good comments about him in utopia thread and i am quite worried.

meowie

Besse ah, you so good life huh? Got ppl volunteer to make for you. You want bangle style can, but hor, the design have to be all around. Can't be at the center, cos it moves around mah. Think again.

tingting

hi chicory,

emerald hill is somewhere near orchard rite? what's there? i only know the peranakan house as in "Emily of Emerald Hill" :p

sunnyling

hi gall

pls dun go embassy is damn boring I almost sleep there when I go last month so other choice plssssss

btw wat you gal doing for your wedding now ah??? Cos I was like doing nothing leh haha tat y I need to check whether I miss out anything

naturally

Hi teatree,
Oh, then u'll be spared all that reno headaches!
happy.gif
So where are u from? Holland V is a nice location, my new place is very far from town, in punggol!

My photographer is Barnabas from Photospace, hubby clicks well with him so we chose him lor!
happy.gif
Actually i've read those negative comments from the utopia thread, but overall, i think there are more positive comments than negative ones? Seen him at a bridal show, he looked like a fun guy!
happy.gif
We also have quite a few dec brides here also taking utopia, but they haven't posted here for some time, dunno if they've gone for their PS yet? Hey, would u consider taking a outdoor PS (no indoor), so that u can visit more locations? Or even better, a 2-day PS?
happy.gif
For me, though i enjoyed PS, i was really tired out, am rather glad i didn't ask for more locations!
lame.gif

Hi chicory and tingting,
Emerald hill is behind that Papa-something pub beside centrepoint, right? Shd be nice and quiet in the daytime, nice backdrop!
happy.gif

are

hi besse... i bought hairbands with a large satin flower tats close to the ones on my gown for my ai yis. my idea is they can use it again aft my wedding. but quite ex, $5+ each. will use a ribbon to go thru the bottom as the elastic might be 2 tight. juz sharing an idea. i oso tot of metal bracelet at 1st but worry abt size.

besse

Hi all

today eng eng cheng cheng.. keke..so can post more.. where's that kiao kar Ah Leo?? Why never see her wan?

Yve..

Hmm. Embassy music not so good, but that place quite ok cos can have dinner then get the table as base.. music can be ok at times.. but i hate the house part.. err.. i still prefer the retro kind.. the MdmWong etc.. hehe.. mabbe will go to MW2 cos that's where i met bf.. when's your hen party??

Are. good idea.. but hor, i got a guy in my jie mei entourage. wahahah.. so must think of something for him too..
happy.gif

Meow. ya.. thinking of using not so big flowers then wire it all ard.. my aunties going to bkk, so they vol to look ard for me.. err.. but dunno if i wanna trust their taste.. keke.. they heow, oso wanna wrist corsages.. *faint*.. imagine all my 40 - 50 year olds aunties oso so heow ;)

NovGroom

Wah.. so long never see you liaoz.. how's prep? we same day wedding hor.. hmm.. i think not all guests will that the chocs.. i'm gonna start at 8pm.. will be quite ok cos i will solemnise at 630pm earlier.. so most relatives will be there oledy.. should be able to start on time since relatives are the tOOooo ones.

yve

Besse,
This Fri is my fren's hans party.. Mine is dunno yet lah.. May be in Oct.. Anyway, should be organised by my jie meis, not by me right?? If dun have also okay, just a nice dinner will do.. Being drunk is no fun..

besse

Yve.. hehe ya lor, don get drunk. hmm.. can also consider china jump.. can be quite happening there ;)

Hehee.. have a stripper.. i wanna request for a stripper that strips all the wayyyyyyy ..

*evil cheeky grin*

Say hi to my cousin! ;)

N

novgroom

Besse,

Ya lor, we same day wedding day.. but my dinner will be on the next day.. For me, almost everything is ready.. I already got my PS album..
happy.gif
now left settling the tables with the banquet.

D

dk

Hi All,
Wah New Forum Page...I like the new layout.

Sorry Been MIA for awhile...
Now I starting to panic..."Kan Chong" oledi.
I've still have not found my ideal heels for my WG &amp; EG...&amp; my 2nd fitting is this friday...need to bring the shoes there lei! TW needs to get the length of the WG before the embroidery goes on the bottom of the WG.

Anyone can advise? I found an open toes heels 3&amp;1/2" at CK Tangs like the design &amp; pretty matching for both WG &amp; EG...but my feet too fat for open toes...Sob! Sob!

My Sis-in-law actually lend me her heels used for her wedding in May but 3" high. does 1/2" make a difference? Maybe not hor? But taller nicer right?

Wah! Some of U guys oledi got the invitation cards oledi? Me still idle lei! Neither the hotel nor me has contacted each other...There's still time right?

Ay yoh! This is so Hay-wire! My hubbby only decided to let TW MTM his suit plus a shirt. As for his 2nd shirt not settle yet also...Tie also haven buy. Lets jus hope nothing goes wrong the last minute cos my PS is end of the month (2-3wks time).

Meow, U mind sending me the latest updated Nova list. My PC clashed some time ago &amp; i haven got the latest update anymore. Thanks for the trouble!

teatree

hi naturally,

is your reno completed? hope less headache now. are you already staying in your nest now?

i'm from indonesia. mmh i'm renting a room in holland v rite now (so used to the convenience) so hoping to get an apartment once married.

collected your photos yet? hehehe... rite now i'm very kiasu, planning to bargain with travis to let me go to at least 4 locations. 2-day ps? mmmh v tempted. going to be super broke!! all this marriage preparations have taken their toll on my pocket!

L

lkf2

Hello

thot i went to the wrong forum...paiseh...didn't know the forum went thru a re-vamp :p

anyway juz drop by to say Hi to everybody and share some info on honeymoon packages, Ananda, Chan Brothers n SA will be having their in-house travel fair on 23/8, 24/8 and 30/8 respectively. Saw an ad by Chan Brothers yesterday that they r having some early birds' discount starting 14 Aug for tour packages to various destination. The NATAs Fair will be held 3rd week of Sep. think most of us can do some research from these fairs to get a rough idea of the itineries and pxs.

How's everybody's preparation so far? I seem to be slacking as can't really do much during the 7th month. will be collecting my cards from my htl this coming Fri. Any cheap n gd printers to introduce?

lkf

sunnyling

i juz finished my actual day schedule n prepared a preliminary guest list. still bugging my parents to give me their guest list. think i too kan cheong liao.

wonder if i have missed out any impt step too. somehow i dun really feel too busy at the moment. guess will hv a lot of things to follow up come Sep.

are

sunnyling... some items on my list to 'cheong' once 7th mth is ovr :
- buy all guo da li things
- settle guest list, then collect cards to print
- shi cai + ti qing
- settle buffet for guo da li + AD (both sides)
- buy wedding items like xi stickers, ang baos
- preparing bed, buy bedsheets
- settle car decor with BS

etc...etc...etc... me panic man!!! ;P

naturally

hi teatree,
we stay over now and then, but that area's too quiet, no supermarket, no foodcourt, maybe later on there will be more amenities when more people move in, so until then, we'll have to bear with the inconvenience.

Btw, when's your big day? Will u be having 2 wedding banquets, in Indonesia and here? That'll be so fun, u can bask in the limelight twice!
happy.gif

Nope, haven't collect nor choose photos yet, we're going to take a convocation package with the same photographer, my bro's just graduated. So will collect the photos at the same time. Guess we're not so anxious, cos we've already briefly seen the results, it's digital photography u see, he showed us a slideshow on his pc of the photos taken, at the end of the PS.

Wow, at least 4 locations? Then u better have a short indoor session, so u'll have more time for outdoor... but tell u hor, more locations also means u're likely to buy more photos, so u may want to set aside extra budget for that...