(2003) Brides of year 2003

shook

May
U prefer to meet me n Vin @ Chinatown MRT station or People's Park Complex?

Vin
I shld b able to reach Chinatown MRT station by 6:15pm We meet @ the control station?

female

hi ladies

shirsweetiepie: where did u do ur PS? its nice to know when someone is so happpy abt it!

brideofsept04: i decided not to do studio coz a) find it unnatural. the styles are much better now, but dunno, juz ma preference la. also dunno wat to do with it. not intending to hang over bed like our parents. b) FH damn terrible photo subject. if make him run under hot sun in suit, sure black face one!
happy.gif
c) my wedding is planned within 4 mths, so less PS, 1 less thing to worry & plan & shop for. d) the venue is very pretty, so will use 1 hr before event to take our photos.
do look out for promos, esp. in this forum. another bride got a really good studio cum actual package fr chris ling.

im actually not gonna do GDL as well! my wedding very minimalist fuss-free...so lazy
happy.gif
. what is this An Chuan tradition?? wah, so many etiquette! our plc not ready yet, so no chuan to an! thxs for ur advice anyway.

why are we so busy anyway??! isnt sourcing the hardest part, and thats over by now? oh oh, just thot of something to do, gotta go call JP!
happy.gif

cath

Hi girls,
wanna share how much does your printing cost?

My wedding cards will be from tdragon and the cost is like

hotstamping: 1st100pc-$120 subq 40cts/pce
economic printing: 1st200pc-$100 subq 20cts/pce

are you able to get any cheaper rate?

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

Been busy these few weeks..
Wht stationery are you guys talking abt?? Wht is that??

Meow,
I will attend this meeting if there is no last minute meeting in my office.. Please add me.. thanx!!

female

hi cookiemz, ohh, i mixed u up with cookienchips! no wonder i was a bit confused. she & i are on email basis, and using our own names. nice to meet u anyway
happy.gif

arab st is full of fabric shops, not sure abt ribbons. shld hv rite? i was looking for ribbons & white cloth to scatter red petals on for aisle. i rem. there are 3 stories above old hawker centre in chinatown, chock-full of textile & accessories stuff. i'll prob go there.

yah! cakes are so expensive! went to pattisier, and even 4kg will cost like $300. can get away without cutting cake meh? or is ur hotel providing a dummy cake? im getting 1 only coz not holding it in hotel.

hah! lucy liu. kar-kar hor. i'd let u know if lucy fails or succeed
happy.gif

i just realise my JP is attached to a church. both FH & i are free-thinkers, dunno whether that'd be a problem. he didnt ask us when he agreed. how ah.

shook

May
The exit, where the passengers tap their MRT cards. Just wait opposite the exits. Easier to spot each other.
I will b wearing a dark blue jeans wif a white top.

Sorry gals, I gotta leave by 8:30pm. Gonna watch a 9:30pm movie @ Marina GV

meow

Date: 1st Aug
Time: 7pm-730pm
Attendance: Meow, Sweetie, Besse, Yve, Annmelody, Wedsoon, Leo, DK, Serene Sng, Serrich
Venue: Westin/Swissotel Kopitiam (2nd floor), Pasta Fresca (boat quay), Coca buffet steamboat (international building, beside Lido), NYDC (suntec)
Not attending: Grace, Are, Akira, MT, Jenn, Sunrise, babyvon

chicory

Hi sandgirl72,

Your BS giving MTM white shirt to keep? So good. Can share with me the name of your BS?

I read alot of brides-to-be at another thread recommend Mr Personality at Peninsula Plaza. Thinking of going there to check out. Not very expensive, comparable to buying it at dept stores.
happy.gif

snoopy

Tks 2 all,

really? muz chase after them liao, actually me intended to go ahead wif the printing first loh ...cause decided to use inserts... i veri blur wan, if hotstamping, wait write wrongly ...waste card liao!

Me thinking of Hi-Tech leh...printing of 300 insert for S$80/-, but haven't gone down to c their work and paper lah!

Btw my big day is 24th October , wondering any one same same?? : )

cookiecorgi

HI Serene,
Which printer did your hotel recommend?

Cath, I did some research fr the other threads...and shortlisted Acepro and Haroobee

Spk to Veronica fr Acepro. they are charging us $90 for a minimum of 300pcs (My invitation card is 3 flap). Every additional 100pcs is $10. Mine is normal printing on the cards. without inserts. Veronica is pretty helpful when we met her last week.

Will be meeting Haroobee tmr.

destitonia

hi ladies,

Me too having my wedding in dec 03. Just to share my progress. I', done with my photoshoot and selection of photos, waiting to collect my albums. And also have confirmed a booking at Crown Prince, and done with the reno of my house. now can finally take a breather..hopefully everything turns out well *fingers crossed*

besse

Leo Jie..

how's PS? hehe.. my prayers went heard.. weather super good, sky super blue
happy.gif
sure sui sui wan ;) .. so how's PS? where did you all go ar?

MT..

ya.. you v technical leh.. err. wat are you working as?
happy.gif

wow.. this time gathering like many many people
happy.gif
happy.. err.. juz make sure don last min pang aeroplane hor..

lastly, wish all birthday gals happy bday.. cos i won be able to post for next few days!! Happy bday to Leo, Yve and Kopibeannie.. and err. whoever i might be missing out!!

kopibean

Besse,
THanks for your bday wishes!!

Leo,
How is ur ps??shd be fun and enjoyable as yesterday is such a sunny and bright day....photos must be very nice!!!

Meow,
Me will also join for the gathering...

B

brideofsept2004

Dear Female,

It does not matter where the JP comes from, u can still ask him to solenmise your ROM.

jady

Hi gals,

had just got bk my cards fr Hi Tech Printer.
for 100-200pcs = $80 +GST
for 200-300pcs = $90 +GST

not sure abt hotstamping though. but Gold strings are given FREE!

& i got my cards in 3 days time, of cos b4 that i confirmed my artwork over phone cos i dont hv my cards yet. last sat collected the cards dan went to Hi Tech. this Tue i got bk all liao & its very well printed. The staff there, Meiyan & Yihao also very friendly. I kip making changes (abt 3 times) & they kip amending & fax the artwork to me b4 I've even met them!

cath

Hi Jady & cookiecorgi

Can send me the contact of your printer? mine looks a little ex... :eek:

Hi Snoopy,
wanna send me your details so that the Oct03 brides can share the info? email: [email protected]

Nick Name
Real Name
Birthday
ROM Date
Wedding Date
Banquet Venue
Name of Bridal / Studio
Email
New Home Location
Contact No

shirsweetiepie

Hi female

Tks tks! me, so beri excited over the pics issues. went to Kallang & East Coast 4 my PS Session. R u sourcing 4 urs too?
happy.gif

so when's ur wedding? How's the preparation?

yve

Orh, I went to a class at a CC. Go to this website to look for other mooncake making classes. I went for a one session class, there are multiple session classes. Find a CC near your home lah and rem to bring a container to bring home your work.

http://pa-online.pa.gov.sg

maya

Hi, I'm back, wish I cld still be on lve as I came bk late last nite from Phuket....still not used to working yet....and it was such a long journey to work from my new hse....
sad.gif

The last 2 days, so many things to remember, to do, minor hitches but all went ok. I wld recommend going to Upp Pierce for O/d shoot, it's a lovely place. Hope the photos turn out well and I can show you......

THe whole day is really exhausting, I had no rest in btw as my friends pop over to my new hse and we yakked a bit. DUring nite make-up, I nearly fell asleep! But all too soon, it just went pass.....

cath

Hi jady
thanks.

Hmm.. ladies,
Now beside the guest list, GDL, what other stuff do we need to do huh? Hv yr in-laws 'ti qing' with your family?

poki

Hi ladies

Good afternoon

Cath

No, not yet.. My in-law has not mentioned "ti qing". Don't know whether MIL knows abt this formality leh. Grandma has been asking me when they are coming to "ti qing". hmmmm hmmmm

Do they have to come to our house to "ti qing" and talk abt the dowry and GDL stuffs? Thought of arranging a dinner for the "ti qing" cum discussion.

What u gals think?

may

Where is everybody?

Shook: ok, if i cant c you when i m there, i call or sms u.

I will be wearing a grey sleeveless top and black pants.

maya

Hi pausini, so nice of you to think of me. I haven't gone into May thread yet, too much to do at the moment....when/where are you gals meeting??

I shld start going there to see what's happening...

pausini

Hi May,
here lah..

Shook: u leaving so early, how can!!!! The earliest bride who left the gathering foot the bill.. hahahha..

micky

Hi Destitonia,

Welcome to this thread.

I am also a crown prince bride.
So when is your wedding date?
Mine is 07 Dec.

leo29

Really must thanks Besse huh, your prayer came true. Yesterday weather super good…… with blue sky-beach photos should turn out nice nice provided i never spoilt it lah.

PS was fun lor, like super star man hahaha.... But very tire lor, this morning half day leave but until now also cannot recover. Our photographer was very nice and chatty so can click with him very well. This have make the PS so much easy. Starting smiling at the camera can kill me man but as times goes by I can smile so naturally...., Kana Sai right! We went to 3 location, Fulleton, Alexandra park and Changi beach. Fullerton there we took photos at the travelator(hope i spell it correct) and cavenage bridge-super hot, eye cannot open but ve to force it lor, :p.

After the PS, I felt a stone had just offload from my heart. So relax now. One more to go, actual day. At the time being no other things will worried me lol.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

cath

Hi poki
ya, i think that's the time (ti qing) when they will talk about GDL stuff. Cos the in-laws may not know what's needed for your dialect's GDL..

leo29

Annmelody,

Y so late, your outdoor shooting? Me leave at 2 plus. Actually was already late according to my photographer, he normally leave at 1pm. I also puzzle becos normally outdoor is 4-5. He siao one.

Wow.... tomorrow is our Besse Xiao Jie birthday, Happy birthday to you! Enjoy yourself huh! Going for trip right, don't 2 person go 3 person come back hor, hahaha......

Also send my warmest birthday wishes to Kopibean-26 July and Yve & Ava-27 July. Happy Birthday, Shou Xing Po,
happy.gif

sandgirl72

Hi Chicory
pai say leh.. i've made a mistake.. My BS MTM the pants for my hubby and not the white shirt.. anyway my BS is Seletar Broadway

btw, how much does it cost to tailor made 1 shirt?

shook

May
More detail description of myself. I have long hair, no glasses, short in ht. I carry a dark blue bag.
c ya 29.

Pausini
My company's banker gave free movie tickets for the movie Tomb Raider. Only informed me on Tue 9. So I gotta leave earlier.
Okie, send the bill to me. I pay u on the next gathering
rofl.gif

Vin
U meeting me n May @ China Town MRT control station at 6:15pm?

maya

Hi Pausini, wow, tonite?? er, real short notice, think I gotta give this a miss. You gals go and enjoy yourselves...!!

Sleepy, hey, real nice photos...........!!!

kopibean

Leo,
So happy for you to know that you enjoy ur ps...
waiting to c ur photos eagerly...hee

One more impt thing :
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, LEO!!!*

and not forgetting
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BESSE, YVE N AVA!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

gals, enjoy ur bday celebrations!!