(2003) Brides of year 2003

pam

Hi Renee Jesslyn,
Wow 6kgs since June???? That's like 3kgs a month.
Great!
BTW if i remember correctly u are also a BV bride rite?
Have u taken ur measurement for your dress?
Did BV caution you that too much weight loss will mean that they need to make a whole new dress all over again?
Which is why I can only take my measurement in End Aug.
sad.gif

minx

Hi Pam,

Yup... I have lost 6kgs within two months and now I am maintaining it.. hopefully can..

Yes,I am also a BV bride.
happy.gif
I have not taken my measurement yet.. going down to BV again two weeks later to see the proposed design for my wedding gown. What about you? Yes... Michelle asked me to stop losing weight after the cut of the gown is done as mine is confirmed a bustier n it will affect the bust area if I continue to lose weight.

Maybe we will meet each other in BV as our wedding dates are very near.

Who is your photographer and makeup artist? Mine is Kim and Cedric.
happy.gif

shirlynn

Hi Leo29,

My hubby only grumble about the toiletries which I have in the master bedroom... he do not understand why I have so many for the same function.

For the rest wise.. he okay as I am the one who is paying the money and his auntie who helped me to make my gowns and CS and ... helped to decorate my master bedroom.

Yesterday again went to Chinatown and bought somemore materials.. want to ask the auntie to help me make some for chinese new year.

For the lamps.. you must compare... chinatown I bought quite ex.. but she gave me two choices.. which the cheaper ones looks not that good..

As I do not have the time.. I just buy the more ex ones and I do think the shop sell the lamp more ex.

jess

hi MT,
thx for telling me all those.... guess i should call up my coordinator soon....
my PS is in mid Sept so i guess i shld be doing the invites first..

M

mt

Hi Jess, you're welcome... just a reminder- maybe best to have the guest list ready first, so that you'll make sure you have enough cards from the hotel.
eg.
if you had booked 35 tables, collected and PRINTED 70% of 35 tables invits. And subsequently while writing, realise the guest list explodes to 40 tables... your invits may not be enough.
Then you'd have to get more from the hotel- another 70% of 5 tables, and PRINT a 2nd time (not economical).

Hotel usually will allow you to take more cards than you are entitled at a CHARGE per extra card (if eventually you don't increase tables). So best to have your guest lists all ready so you know exactly how many cards you need (keep some spare in case of errors in writing it, or if your guests *touchwood* decline and you have to send invits to a "back-up" guest-list to avoid empty tables).

sigh

Hi Renee Jesslyn,
Wow!!u lost 6 kgs in 2 mths?? Care to share ur secret? I've been trying so hard for the past few mths, but only managed to lose 1.5 kg. :-(

teatree

hi naturally,

yup it's kevin seah's sofa! you have a good memory.

the length was okay, he just needs to loosen the hip part of my WG cos he said he could see stretch marks. hehe... or maybe i have gained weight. i intend to have crystals on the WG. the EG is almost done.

what about yourself? how're your preprations?? are your gowns ready?

minx

Hi sigh,

There is no secrets involved lar.... just don't take rice, noodles etc cos very high in carbo and also no sugar at all!!! Not even from fruits!!!!

Hope it help!!! If you can, sign up for a body treatment programme... it helps to speed up!
happy.gif

E

elainemay

Hi Gals,

i am now at the Newark airport waiting to catch my flight back home. finally! ya man..now in the lounge and it is very quiet. so i get to hog the computer.

how's everyone doing. Kare, i think i saw you on the sat before i left. Think it is last sat at Tangs. You were walking very fast and when i finally realise who you were, you were gone. so i didnt call you.

hey this new look for the forum is making me really blur...

New york has been raining and raining. so it does not feel like summer at all...

not really enjoying the food here...i am sick of eating bread...too much carbos here...

so r we going to try to meet up again? it will be nice.

so we still got no luck setting up the msn forum???

anyway, i shallnot hog the compyter and will go for some breakfast now.

it is going to be along flight 21 hours of flying...talk to you gals again when i am back...

take care.

tingting

hi everyone,

went for my 1st fitting yesterday (finally!)..a bit disappointed with the teadress n evening gown...the teadress looks a bit too plain, n the colour of the evening gown looks harsh on me...maybe i'm not used to wearing those kind of colours n the details are not up yet...hopefully it will be better when the finished product is done. quite happy with the WG though..
happy.gif

i'll need to get shoes soon..any recommendation for good shopping places for shoes that's easy on the pocket?

M

min1

hi tingting,
how many inch shoe u need? open toes type or cover up type? i got mine (abt. 2.5inches) from Metro Z'oe brand(under Vivie). front cover up & back open. bridal shop ppl all say very very pretty shoe. cost me $99 but i got 20% discount so only $79.20. Vivie got many cheaper and also very nice shoes but mostly only 2inches. i m also still looking around for 3.5inches shoe for my actual day.

naturally

Hi all!
Wow... SB.com got a new look eh?

Teatree, heehee, i'm right!
happy.gif
KS has such beautiful gowns, he treats his gowns like works of art, of cos i remember his shop lah! Crystals are very lovely, any beading? I remember his beading work is very nice too...

My preps ah? Gowns are done (i'm with Le Galleria), PS just over, proof prints are ready but we haven't got the time to choose photos yet. Now my heart's with my new house, though housechores are very sian, it's nice to have our own little nest.
happy.gif

Hi tingting!
It's the details that makes a gown splendid, so dun worry abt it looking plain now, okie?
happy.gif
Think we had a discussion on shoes before, u can check out OG or Metro. Taka's shoes are nice too, but pricier. Or if u have the chance to go overseas, like malaysia or bangkok, those are good shopping places too!

tingting

hi min1,

i'm looking for a 2.5 inch open toe shoe that's matt gold in colour.. thanks, will check out metro! u're getting 3.5 for actual day? isn't it hard to walk ard in them?

hi naturally, thanks for the word of comfort..i guess i need to get used to the colours n cut cos i've never worn something like these before
lame.gif

leo29

Halo..... Ladies,

Good afternoon!

Why all MIA? Where are you all huh...

Ai yoh, when i log in this morning, got a shocked. How come the page look different. I thought I go to the wrong website. Hahaha...

shook

Aryl

2 mths dwn the rd, it will b soon, time flies!! How's your preparation going on?
Big Dos - have enuff sleep n rest the night b4, try to do as much thing as possible way b4 your actual day. Ther bound 2 b some last min thing. RSVP of your guests...
Big Don'ts - dun drink too much h2o b4 n on your actual day, dun wear bra to sleep the 9 b4 your wedding day if u r wearing bare back

May
So sweet of u to come in n chat wif us
kiss.gif

Pausini, Vin, Kare, Oso, Me, Jazz r in msn forum now. I managed to get a nick. U try again when u r back.
U eat bread only? No steak? No Jap food 4 u so u feel bored izit?
rofl.gif

Ya boy, the new set up got me
crazy.gif
for a while. Find it ok after reading a few threads.
Ya ya ya we meet again
bounce.gif

augus

Hi ladies

I am also a Nov 03 bride... guess I came to this website a bit too late coz I see that you girls had a "bonding session" earlier.

Anyway, you ladies stay cool & beautiful ya?

amore

hullo all!!...

noticed the new look yest... ya abit slow leh.... but now can send private messages, see the total number of messages u posted... and when u registered..... not bad...

M

min1

Hi tingting,
check out metro paragon...most choices there. other branch sometime only a few choices.
i will wear my photoshoot shoe which is 2.5inches for actual day daytime whereby a lot of walking. and dinner time, i will put on 3.5inches cos i very short lei and i dun want my photos turn out always the bride shorter than guests especially during table to table phototaking. heehee...me very vain hor.

chicory

Hi tingting,

Yes, it's really the details that make the gowns look so outstanding and pretty. My WG without the details is also very plain looking. And my EG skirt looks much nicer with the lace and sequins up, even my hubby says so. So don't worry, you will definately see a very pretty tea-dress and EG on your next fitting
happy.gif

yve

Hi all!!
Back in the office after long weekend.. very tired from organising the BBQ.. My hubby and I spent half the time at our homes than at the chalet.. :p

Spotted the wine that I wanted to serve at dinner gng for 18.75 at shop and save kallang. Carrefour is selling it for 23.50! so quickly grabbed 2 dozen.. saved 100 plus odd leh..

this new look of the forum is okay lah, but dun like the grey color.. :p

teatree

Hi tingting,

don't worry too much okay? i think once the details are up the gowns will look more beautiful. anyway, it's only the first fitting, you can always ask for more details if you feel that the gowns are too plain.

teatree

Hi naturally,

wow you're quite fast. which outdoor location did you choose for ps? mine will be this september. me very kan cheong, asked kevin to see my gowns so early.

mmh, le galleria has very sweet looking gowns. very lovely bead works and embroidery.

are you having renovation rite now??
i agree that household chores are boring but at least with your own nest, you can do whatever you like.

augus

Hi all

Wondering if you girls have good (or at least heard of) actual day photographer to recommend? I know it's a bit late, tried calling a few eg Yew Kwang but all full booked!!!

yve

haha... one thing is for sure, multiple posting still happens.

Augus, when is your wedding? Actual day? I am using Albert Chua from Everafter. Check his website to see if he is still available. www.everafter.com.sg

chicory

Hi tingting,

I jus had my 2nd fitting on saturday due to alterations needed for both gowns. I have confirmed the details of the gowns already. Trial make-up and final fitting should be on the 1st week of Sept. PS on 18 Sept. Should be going to the tailor for hubby's suit either this week or next. When is your trial MU and PS?

chinleng

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Amore,

When you mentioned that the forum is a bit slow, were you referring to the speed of loading the pages or the peformance of other features? Feedback will definitelly be appreciated.
happy.gif

Regards,
Chin Leng.

P

putise baby

kisser!!! so good to see you here...
ever since i kenna banned from FBO, i've been here loh :p

hi girls!! how's everyone today? me went to people's park during lunch... managed to buy my pink satin ribbon and some beads for my orange dress.. also found some really good qualiy satin crepe, can use to make flower girl dresses... $6/yard... quite ok leh
happy.gif

naturally

Hi teatree, we wanted to give ourselves more buffer time mah, cos hubby got busy work schedule, otherwise if last minute he tell me cannot do this or that, how??? We went to marina south park and raffles marina for PS, quite nice scenery.

Will u be getting a new place or staying with in-laws?

tingting

hi chicory,

haven't fixed the trial MU yet, PS scheduled on 24 Sept. Will be gg to the tailor for groom's suit within this 2 weeks too... any idea on where to go for PS? Think marina south park is quite nice...but i also like changi beach....

amore

wah Chin Leng, u r really super!!... I commented here u oso know!!... hee okie... I'll feedback @ the New look thread....

I

its me

Gals, i'm so sorry i can't post with my usual nick anymore. Think i may not come in that often then. see ya. Meow

W

wen wen

Hi Gals,
Which do you think is better - Penfolds Private Bin Shiraz Cabernet or Lindermans Premier Selection Shiraz Cabernet?
What about Wolf Blass Sauvigon Cabernet? Or is there any other good wine for wedding dinner?

Hi Yve,
What wine did u buy? Wow $5 saving is alot!!!

W

wen wen

Hi Augus & dragerry
Welcome!!!

As for actual day photography, I am using Sok Eng from Berry Happy. Not sure if she is still available. You may want to check w her in her thread.

S

serene75

I might be going NZ, not decided yet...so fast..me left with only 10 weeks to my wedding.
For those wedding in early Oct, another 7-8 weeks
happy.gif

Really looking forward to it
happy.gif

Got to change my user name cos got another registered user with same name. (Serene)

M

mt

wen, you can do a Google on those wines... something I belatedly discovered... branded not necessary good reviews
sad.gif

matka

hiyo vio

we're considering going to the Maldives, but depending on cost ;) If not, we'd probably go to Banyan Tree or somewhere nearby.

jady

morning gals!

hi serene, we hv confirmed hm in nz but haven't bk yet. will be doing only south & self drive...

yve

wen wen, I bought Rosemount Granache Shiraz. Easy to drink. Shop and Save does not do delivery and they don't keep for u. So we had to carry all 24 bottles back home.. Then bring to the ballroom a few days before the dinner.. 12 bottles of wine is very heavy leh..

vio

hi matka,

yup the cost can be quite high if we DIY. Hopefully therez tour operators here offer more attractive package deal tis coming natas fair!

yve

Hi hi,
where is the latest places to cheong? Must have dancable music. No no techno and etc.. Looking for a place for a hen's party...

meowie

Augus,
Don't worry you aren't too late. I believe we have another session of wrist corsage making. If you want and can join us, jus come along lor.

I had Nick Goh for my photographer, i simply love his artworks, very different from normal white borders