(2003) Brides of year 2003

M

mt

Hi Shirlynn,wow that's very quick alot done already. I don't know... feelings can be rather sensitive although of course you'd want to choose what you wear or not.

A friend's friend had an ex-seamstress for MIL who sewed her 4 EGs I think, plus her own BS loaned her a few... in the end she spent whole night changing clothing to not offend her MIL.

Perhaps in your case, wear the orange dress in the afternoon preps or some photography? According to some people, the idea is to have increasingly grand clothing changes and a "finale" piece so maybe that's why the orange is more elaborate?

shirlynn

Hi MT,

Thats not a lot done, maybe you miss the part that I have pushed forward my wedding to this month 28th.

Anyway, his auntie has helped me to sewed five pcs altogether, one red EG, one orange for sending off guests, one cheongsam for tea ceremony and two simple dresses just for hanging in the wardrobe as their custom believe that clothings is also part of the dowry that the girl bring over to the man side, so must have several new pcs to hang in the wardrobe.

Anyway, my thinking is that 1st is the WG.. 2nd EG is a red organza material... in my idea is wish to change to just a simple one for sending off guests to give people a light feeling towards the end. And I just don't feel the orange pc is something I like to wear for the tea ceremony.

Trouble trouble trouble....

Really regret that I let her decide without going through the design with her. People's taste differs, I like simple whereas she goes for fashion.

leo29

Shirlynn,

How abt your old clothes, did you hang/pack into your wardrobe also?

Anyone here let your auntie make dress for them? I remember a few of them show interest when you mention it.

N

nicloe

hi female

me still okie, most of the thing done liao ,i not purposely rushed for the 7th month, i not so "pan tang" ... most of the invites card we gave out liao ..(my hubby's side) .. then my colleagues i'm think of giving it next week lor (so that i got ample time for them to tell me wether they r attending or not then i can arrange the sitting arrangment lor)...my relatives, my dad will do it himself so i can "rest" ... hahahaha ya lor, now only waitin for that day , hope everything turn out nice nice ... cos me n my MIL not on so good terms so only scare her side lor .. scare that day wait she will make "trouble" for me .. but other then that ,everything still okie lor ....

female

ya ya SP, my fh also everything dunno! what abt the "up to you lor, whatever u want" lines. aiyohh. sometimes dunno if shld be happy i get to make all the decisions or knock him on the head with my shoe. i threaten to send our invite card to him!
happy.gif

M

mt

Hi Shirlynn, sorry it slipped my mind- abit worried about the build-up of tasks lined up (haven't done PS or final fittings so rather distracted from doing other stuff).

If you find the orange too grand, then I think it'll be less likely for you to "re-use" after wedding, perhaps... WG march-in/ cake; EG champagne/ toast and some table-to-table pics; Orange some table-to-table pics and finally a simpler piece for send-off to get the effect you want?

D

duplicate

Hi all

I am also an Oct bride. just happen to see this chat.. hope i am not too late.

now planning for my honeymoon. thinking of going europe. anyone been to europe? which travel agency did you do with?

S

sp

Hi female,

me so fed up, yesterday nite i told him: so troublesome, dun wan get married...

shirlynn

Hi Leo29,

The older clothes I took out and put into boxes and suitcase lor .. they say don't put into the wardrobe.. *sigh* ... I need to repack my whole wardrobe again after my wedding liao... *ma fan*

Amore had her EG done by her ( not her wedding but for her relative's wedding).

Lkf had bought quite a few of materials which she is going to ask her to make a few, as my wedding date is being push forward so suddenly.. Lkf ask the auntie to do mine first, after mine, the auntie will help her to do hers for her wedding.

Other than them, as I help her to post at another one of the thread, there is also a few other girls asking her to help them to sew.

MT,

Thanks for your suggestion. But the EG is actually grander than the orange one.. and she spend even more time on that... I wear for so short while.. even more wasting her effort liao

cath

Hi duplicate,
welcome. which day is yr wedding and where your wedding dinner will be held?

i'm planning mauritius for honeymoon but will wait for NATAS fair. hehehe....

female

sp, mine is the other way round! so i say i do everything, u just come in to attend (he's overseas), and no complaints if u dont like anything!! heng his mother very cooperative, let me do as i please oso. i was feeling sad abt his bo-chapness in teh beginning, until i read of similar woes of many other brides in teh forum. its nice to share here huh?
happy.gif
hang in there, its'll be over soon!

leo29

Shirlynn,

This is exactly what i predicted. I mean have to keep the old clothes away. Me lagi worse, got many many things to clear away from my room(Dressing table, wardrobe and tiolet). Although we just spend our wkend there but my room already fill with things. Ai yoh, think of it... *shake head*

besse

Hi gals

Hmm.. do you all have old clothes that you don wear anymore, but still in good condition? Can consider selling them off at consignment basis.. how say? If keen, can contact me.

yve

Hi gers,

Just met up with putise_baby to go to her seamstress. Now very itchy to go arab street and buy material to make something.. Anything.. Saw many thai silk dresses there..

Next time can make maternity clothes there too. Since maternity clothes are so ex to buy..

Besse, good idea about the old clothes.. I think I will have lots too after packing to move to hubby's place.. haiz, i think i will be very sad when i pack.. sort of like really moving out of my home..

to all again, i have finished 1/3 of my ang pow box.. did the cover of it. yet to cover the other half of the box and also add some deco (satin roses and ribbons).. I had glue all over my hands after it. the inside is quite ugly, with all the loose ends tucked in and glued.. well, no one will get to see that.. heck..

P

putise baby

hey girls!!

yve... great to meet you... sorry din really had time to talk to you 'coz have to try my dresses and fight for sharon's attention
sad.gif
she very busy one hor... din noe she's got so many ang moh customers too..

serene arhh... i post my tailor's contact no here lah since so many pple also asking... her name is sharon, no. is 6222615. must bring your own material and design... she's got very limited material... and she makes CS too... saw one ang moh try a CS, quite nice
happy.gif

yve ah... me thinking of going to arab st tom to shop for beads to put on my orange spagetti dress... you wanna go together?? lunch time...

yve

putise_baby,
happy.gif
i am on half day leave tomorrow, but thinking of taking the whole day off..
aarghhh.. temptation!!

Making a CS is very tempting.. esp since it will be quite reasonable.. Around 100 with material. have frens who made theirs for $800! But i wun make a black chinois one like the ang moh did. Too cheena for me leow..

Your number above got one less number..

P

putise baby

aiyoh!!! blur sotong me...

okie... sharon's no. is 62220615
happy.gif

yve... sent you my AD schedule liao
happy.gif
yah lor... i think make dresses much cheaper... like the black dress i was wearing?? whole thing only cost my $80 (material by sharon)... if go outside, sure cannot find one which fits me so well...

yve

putise,
wah.. sharon got pay your advertisement fee anot?? But I need to scratch head for the design..

I have decided.. I will take the whole day off tomorrow.. need the time to prepare for my BBQ this Sat.. putise, can meet u at arab around lunch lah. what's the meaning of your nick?

P

putise baby

yve arhh... tell you something funny... after you left, sharon came to me and say, the black dress i wearing very nice... wah liao... she make one wat!!! i told her advertise also no need to be so obvious!!! hahahahaha!!!

can i sms you on the time to meet at arab st tom?? not sure if still going 'coz got to finish some models by monday :p

my nick arhh... it's an affectionate term my ah lau calls me... i'm putise baby, he's putt putt... hahahaha!!!

leo29

Besse,

You become Gala Guni already hah? Just joking! Yes yes..., i've many good condition clothes that i no more wearing. You accept any type of clothes? What you mean by "consignment basis".

kopibean

Besse,
Me also got many good condition clothes i am no longer wearing.
Can let us gals koe more on your consignment basis??
Thanks!!!

Putise,
me also wan to go arab street n buy materials to make a CS....but me not familiar wif there, r u free to bring me there during sat??

destitonia

Hi Pam,

The very big problem with me is that i have got no time for proper exercise, so i try to include more walking and stuff in my daily life..and also had made some changes to my diet..some colleagues said i lost weight but i think i'm losing my determination already...sigh...can feel my double chin jutting out again..

minx

Hi Pam anf destitonia,

I am also very big... I am determined to lose weight before my wedding.. so far 6kg down since June....

Jia You Jia You !!!!
happy.gif

D

dragerry

hi all,

seems like you gals will be meeting to tailor your gowns/cs, can pull me in if you gals are going this sat

so where's sharon's shop? i intepret that i will need to supply her the design and the material, right? workmanship cost will be?

had settled my WG and EG liao...just need a CS for the tea ceremony and for sending guests off

still busy with my reno cos i bought a resale and are having problems with the ceiling links...haiz...

will be confirming my guest list in sep only...busy lah...haha

besse

Yve, Leo, Kopibabes

Yeah, an idea to start something small with my fren who is quitting her fulltime job.

On consignment basis means you provide us the clothes to sell off, and if we manage tosell off, we take 50% from your sale proceeds. you will get back the rest of the 50% proceeds. But won't have too high markup for the clothes.. planning to sell cheap.. abt 5 - 40 bucks kind.. depends on brand and condition.
happy.gif

Keen? since all gonna start packing your clothes anyway..

shirlynn

Hi Leo29,

Seems that we both in the same shoes.

So much toiletries until I do not now where to shove them to... in the end, put some in the storeroom until my hubby keep on shaking his head.

sweetie

Morning gals!
I collected my wedding cards yesterday liao!
This weekend will do the guest list for the first time...
Decided to use Hi-Tech to print them end of september. Hows' your cards preparations?

I am also packing my room, books and clothings... now it is in a mess... my mum starts to complain liao...

shirlynn

Hi Sweetie,

You are relly fast.. I have only just collect my wedding card inserts yesterday.

Initially also thought of using Hi-Tech, but maybe its my luck .. talk to the girl... sound so inflexible.. as my case is very rush.. I want to be fast and willing to be flexible in any ways.

I have not collected the wedding cards from the hotel at that time when I call them up.. but still they send me a sample copy which they had done.. and jackpot... all the details is what I need as they give me exactly the insert of a wedding couple at M Hotel (banuqet suite). So happy when I see that, immediately I call them up hoping they can just use the copy they have saved in their PC to amend the names and dates and fax to me so that I can show my hubby and the rest to check the details, if ok, can confirm them to start printing the next day... but guess what .. they say they cannot do as they need to know the size of the card first... and they need to charge for doing the soft copy and also her firm reply of cannot unless they know the size of the card..( M Hotel only have one size for wedding cards).

But luckily the printing shop which my company uses helped me and also speed up for me.. within three days upon ocnfirmation, they send the inserts right to me as I am not convenient to go and collect.

kopibean

Hi Besse,
wow, sounds quite a gd investment!
let us koe when u need our good condition clothes so we can pass to u.....
thanks so much!!

P

putise baby

morning girls...

dragerry, sharon (the tailor) charges abt $60 for a knee length dress and $110 for long one... only for workmanship... you have to bring your own material and design to her
happy.gif
her place is at tanjong pagar market...

kopi... no prob, i can bring you to arab st... latecomer also wanna go, but we just cannot seem to find a good time... i'll try to chase her on it and then 3 of us can go together
happy.gif
mebbe shld ask stress if she wanna join us, then we can have our first outing!!

sweetie... you are v fast!! i haven't even done my food tasting... and i also dread packing my room... thinking of just locking my room up on my wedding day and do MU in dining room :p

chicory

Hi,

I am a Dec bride, sorry to gatecrash here
embarrassed.gif

Putise baby, hmmm... not sure if u remembered me, but i have emailed to u before requesting to see your WG. Read that you are going to Arab street with a few Nov brides, can i join you gals? Cuz' i also not familiar with the place.

naturally

Hi teatree!

Thks for sharing!

Wow, I like your WG, it's taffeta, right? The fitting looks alright from the photos, but of cos u have to feel comfortable in the gown, and do u step on your gown when u walk? If so, then need to shorten the hem. So wat kind of details are u having, like beadings or crystals? And u're having an engagement gown too, the ivory hem is rather unique! Hmm... let me guess, u are with KS? Thot i recognise the sofa...
happy.gif

kopibean

putise,
yeah!!finally we 4 can have our first outing!
can we make it on 1 of the sat in august except national day??
me 'xin yang yang' wan to make a CS...hehe...to send guests off....

sweetie,
u r very fast...me thut cannot do printing of cards in 7th mth?
me better also go n collect my cards soon...c u so fast make me 'gan cheong' too...

besse

sweetie.. ya lor.. i oso think you v fast leh.. hehe. i oso have not collected my invites, and not met up with coordinator at all.. whew.. so much to do..

Meow,

We starting reno work today.. yay.. FINALLY.. hehe.. was so surprise to see my designer featured in home and decor this issue.. now added confi.. when's your place ready?? hmm.. wonder where's a nice place to get sofa.. i wanna dark color sofa.. either chocolate, black or red.. and muz be L shape cos that lazy bumz of mine at home is a couch potato..

decbride

Hi Piper,
the gowns look great on you.
happy.gif

Hi all,
i'm a dec bride 03 too. seems like some of you want to lose weight... some recommendations: do a lifestyle change that keeps the weight off. Swimming is good, in fact personally, i think walking is the best... brisk walking. And it does keep the weight off and easy to do and maintain.
happy.gif

just sharing, all the best for the weight loss.

kopibean

Besse,
wow...ur designer is frm ???

for sofa, you can try Lifestorey, cellini?
think you can look ard @ the furniture stores in parkmall(@ a higher end) or the furniture stores in furniture mall(IMM, turf city, harbour front, nicoll highway).
hope my info r correct!!

P

putise baby

kopi...

think not possible to go in aug liao, unless last sat of aug... late will be off next sat but she got to go collect her cards, then following sat she working
sad.gif
mebbe i go with you first loh...

chicory, yup of course rem you
happy.gif
sure, join me and kopi to go arab st if you wanna... but we haven't decided on date yet :p

besse... if looking for sofa, can consider i-style living at united square at novena... i bought mine there... very comfy!!

leo29

Shirlynn,

I guess my hubby will have the same reaction as your hubby. He not only shake head but sure grumble one becos he don't really believe this type of things(traditional). He even said no need to buy the 2 red lamp for our bed side table, just ON our hanging lamp(Juz at both side of the bed) will do. *Shake head*

Gals,

Yesterday went to a shop at amk central, saw them selling the following things;
-Red lamp : $1.9 each. $3.80/pair
-Sewing kit box : $7(medium) and $8(big)
(i don't know how to describe the material, something like cane)
-Tea set : $22.00

serene

Hi Jady,
For the hongbao, depends on u and yr hubby..
Think better to get some new notes...nicer..can ask yr parents to go bank and change them for you
happy.gif

Hi Amerline,
I will go down to the bridal studio this mth..cos i haven't chose my accessories...will let you know if I need to make one
happy.gif

Thanks
happy.gif

akira

putise baby and kopibean,

can keep in the loop when you go to Arab Street?? I'm thinking of making some dresses too cos got lots of dinner coming up. thanks.

only worried cos I've got totally no design talent so guess its a bit tough.

besse

hi Kopi

My ID is WhiteSpace Living..

Kopi, Putise..

Thanks for sofa inputz
happy.gif
will chk out life storey and and i-style.

Yawnz.. sianz.. in office again
sad.gif

jess

hi all,
i'm also a nov bride but it's late nov.
jus wondering when must we collect the invites and do the printing? cos i saw from the postings that some of u had actually started all these... me haven't even went for my first fitting and not to say my PS..... haha...... so a bit kan cheong here..... am i late?? and my coordinator from the hotel has not contact me yet...

M

mt

Hi Jess, mine is mid Nov, my hotel coordinator emailed me to remind me to collect the invits so it should be around this timing. I'm delaying awhile (after my PS in mid-Aug) before I turn my attention to those.

Ideally,
* 2 weeks to 1 mth to print [for me I should start mid-Aug, it must be ready by mid-Sept],
* 1 mth to address (write) [for me must be completed by mid-Oct],
* 1 mth before AD to send [for me must send by mid-Oct, then RSVP after].