(2003) Brides of year 2003

naturally

Hi Piper!
your link got archived leh... but never mind i managed to find it!

Saw your sentosa pic, your veil is so long!
happy.gif
Will u be wearing the same veil on your actual day? U look very pretty, u know? I wish i can see more pics!!
biggrin.gif

Sandgirl,
thks! I'm sure u will have an enjoyable PS too!
happy.gif

leo29

Wow.... meow today super active lei.... Keep it up! Just in case i got the wrong location, better double confirm with you now. There is a burger king and cinema there, right?

sweetie

Meow, Annmelody,
My contacts is in the summarized bridal list.
See you at 6.15pm at the control station, ok? To recognise, we shall hold our ezlink card on right hand...
happy.gif

meow

Leo,
Morning i'm at home mah if i work night shift. From 4pm onwards, can't find me already. When i have time, then i come in here.

Shaw Towers is at beach road. Yes, there's a cinema there under United artist group and a burger King and TV media. The place only sell pasta leh. Its near to a shop selling magazine.

Sweetie,
You very cute leh....everyone hold the ezlink card mah. Once reach jus call hp can liao.

piper

hi naturally,

thank u for ur compliments...the make-up artist say for PS, the veil will be longer...actual day one dun think will be so long.

U know, during the ps, i keep stepping on my veil. even the photographer's asst also stepped on my veil quite a few times...by the time we reached the studio, my veil abt to drop off liao...kekeke

shook

Pausini

Do I need to dwnload any software to install a Net passport? My company blocks us fm dwnloading or installation of any software

may

kare: i am leaving on monday evening and will be back on 14 Aug. It will be a long trip...sigh...

shook: i dont like american or european airlines so quite thankful to fly on an asian carrier.
From yr description, it sounds like you attended a marriage counselling class...why teh counsellor so kpo, ask so many questions.

Pausini: i am ok w msn. but what is the net passport abt? i tried installing the aol msn messanger in office and it doesnt work. so dont know this one can or not. anyway, my email u know, the pacific internet one.

pausini

Hi Shook,

My coy also got blockage but it doesnt block that. So if ok i used u as a trial 1st. If ok for u i think ok for the rest.

May: is not a messager is a forum kind of group discussion. Just that it need to download a Microsoft component on ur terminal so when u visit the website next time u dun really need to login. U can favourite the link and go straight to the link without the need to login.

Ok how abt that shook i create the group and invite u 1st. I will send the invitation to ur yahoo account. Once u can install the net passport, save the link as ur favourite. If u are successful than we will try for the rest.

if not will go to yahoo group.

Kare not online leh!!!

kare2711

Pausini
I haven't created the group. No time yet. But I'm agreeble to MSN. However, we don't need to have an MSN account? I already have one anyway, and I think I already have the passport. Let me know how do I get to the groups, and I'll see if I can access already.

Yahoo is the same with the moderators though. I can assign all of us to be mods and then we can have full control of the board.

Anyway, I'll all ok with MSN too! Let me know ok, Pausini, how to go about getting to the groups. You can use my singnet email account.

pausini

Sorry mistake.

Shook i will invite u thru ur hotmail acct.

[email protected]

so keep a look out for it and see whether u can install the net passport and access the discussion forum.

Ok Shook & May i have sent both of u an email.. U see whether u can do it ok. So i can send email to the rest to invite them to join.

oso32

hi gals,

i'm fine with either one, except same as May, i can't get msn msger to work on my office pc. so as long as that's not an issue, i'm ok with it.

pausini,
u may email to my hotmail account.
btw, hope the soup's a success tonite!

meow

Annmelody,
I've sent you a mail with the list. You see if you can receive it. Oops, i jus check my mails. I didn't receive any contact number from you. I only receive Just me's contact.

meow

Date: 1st Aug
Time: 7pm-730pm
Attendance: Meow, Sweetie, Besse, Yve, Annmelody, Wedsoon, Leo, DK, Serrich, kopibean
Venue: Creation Cafe at Shaw Towers Can?

Serene,
about your issue, i think you may need to pay for the extra cost of printing lor. Else is try to so call cluster them like for your relatives right, if you mum want to invite this family which have many sons and daughters, put all their names in same card. Or maybe for your friends, you sent the new version of invites. Either from those cards sold outside or maybe print it yourself or by email or sms?

pausini

Hi Oso32,

let me try on shook and May 1st, if it work most likely all of u can work...then i send the invitation to u hor!!!! hee!!

I tried the black bean soup, taste ok cos i used less water and one whole black chicken.

May, i dun like my soup have the taste of the peanut so i didnt add the peanut in.

Ok for the MSN.
Actually, u dun need to install the Net Passport component on ur PC.
Can got to www.msn.com
signed in then go the the "communication" - "Groups" then shld be able to login to see the group.

serrich

Hi ladies/meow,

So sorry.... Just learnt from my hub that he has got tics to attend William Su's concert tomorrow.... EEhhh... its meant to be a surprise so didn't know abt it until I told him that I will be home late tomorrow!!

Paiseh... Anyway, u gals enjoy your nite okie??

besse

alo gals

Paiseh.. i was super busy and not able to log in for whole day..

k.. tomorrow i go make reservations for 8
happy.gif
kekke.. anyway, if the place not avail, np, i still have contingency at bugis area
happy.gif
.. that is my di pan.. anyway, gals please feel free to call my hdphone tomorrow..

Meow babe, paisey hor.. i smsed you earlier, but not sure if you got it.. but anyway, tomorrow evening i should be in bugis junction after my eye treatment .. can buzz me when you gals have all met up at the MRT station. i can meet u gals halfway then.. cos will most prob be gaming at the cyber cafe .. ;)

Take care.. and see you gals!! *excited*

besse

Halo.. so it's a tentative confirm attendence and details of meeting place as follow:-

Attendance: Meow, Sweetie, Besse, Yve, Annmelody, Wedsoon, Leo, DK, kopibean

Alternative earlier meeting venue:
Bugis stn cont. : Meow, Annmelody, Sweetie

kare2711

May, Oso
I think it's not an issue if MSN does not work at your workplace. We are not using the Chat component. It's generally a website so I'm sure you can access it. If all else fails, then choose to get the posts via email. I'm sure you definitely can retrieve your emails though.

shook

May
I get fm the website when I e-filed my ROM a list of pre-marriage courses. They have group or 1 to 1 courses. I thot 1 to 1 is more focus. Who knows it is sort of counselling type. Wrong choice
sad.gif
We were given hundreds n hundreds of ? for personality tests. The advisor analyzed our ans (din complete all) n asked a lot of personal ? Think she does counselling work so her style is inclined to counselling

Pausini
I received your invitation. I have problem choosing my nick. All those I selected were rejected. Will try n let u know later

jady

hi gals,

JLC don't charge for false eyelashes & ampules leh...
my wedding over 2 days , also no extra charge for makeup artist. only for photographer's service got 2-day charges...

but anyway, i go perm my eyelashes so dont nid to wear the false one, scared uncomfy for me lah..:p
RHS is rite, nowadays v seldom nid to use ampule cos makeup quality better, & we gals's skin not so bad wat, we go facial regularly b4 wedding mah:p

haha, now every1 come bk to the thread liao. hehe

sigh..i 'm just told to make a biz trip down to AUS for 2 wks end this mth & my wedding beginning oct & hubby also got biz trip to taiwan for a wk in end sept...i quite scared we dont hv time to prepare leh..
sad.gif

hvnt food tasting, hvnt inform guests abt wedding, hvnt sent out wedding cards, hvnt buy si dian jin or those GDL stuff...die liao..i panic attack agn...!! HELP!!!

shook

Pausini

I can't get a nick. Whatever nick I keyed in is not available, even those which r suggested by the website itself. Argg.......... How har

may

ya man...the system is $%$&^$&%. i tried so many times like shook and still cant. Argghhh...will try later..

sorry, not in a good mood today.... rushing to clear my desk before my trip and it is just so frustrating...

pausini

Oh like that har... hmmm....

U girls try again lor. is ok for me and kare leh..

I thot it is suppose to be more stable.. *arghh*

meow

Bugis stn cont. : Meow, Annmelody, Sweetie, Kopibean, Yve, Besse

vio

hi jady...

if ur biz trip does not stretch over sep guess itz still not too bad cos 7th mth ends 28 Aug & we can't send invitation out oso.... u hv to get reali busy now since u won't b ard for 2 wks!!

u arrgn food tasting w hotel? my husband's cousin recommend us to get si dian jin from her in-laws goldsmith, wanna join me take a look ;p

i'm sure u hv a list for GDL stuff rite....we'll be getting oso wat - so if u no time buy juz 'lo bang' us lah ..... dun panic k ;p

yve

Meow, changed my plan as I have a briefing at 5. I will meet u gers at the cafe.

Bugis stn cont. : Meow, Annmelody, Sweetie, Kopibean, Besse

jady

hi vio,

thks! my mum going to bring me to this goldsmith shop in chinatown.
mum still hvnt tell me wat she want for GDL , kip saying she dunno!!
i only know i nid to buy a red plate & placed 4 types of stuff on it to b put on the bed.

cos i've planned KL shopping trip with sis on 15th. thus see if can delay AUS trip to last wk of Aug, meaning i'll come bk in Sept , just in time for food tasting, then a wk lata is my GDL! & my MIL hvnt bring me go buy SDJ cos she's still in perth till 1st wk sept too!!

ya, think i'll start calling relatives nxt wk...
sad.gif

i scared leh, wedding beginning oct & hubby most likely going taiwan for biz trip last wk sept!! so near to wedding!! scared!!

fishball

jady, huhhh... so yr hubby come back jus in time 4 his own wedding loh? My hubby oso come back a few days b4 d wedding, n I panic dat I hv 2 decide evyth liao.

But I guess, since u printed yr cards liao, can address them n paste stamps lor. Before u leave can instruct yr mum or whoever 2 post on certain date lor.
happy.gif

yah, I heard some bridal shop dun charge 4 additionals like ampoules n lashes, cos their package already higher priced (than mine). btw, how 2 perm eyelashes ah? If eyelashes too short cannot perm rite?

besse

Hello gals

ok.. i've made a reservation at creations cafe at 7pm, under name of Lena. It should be just behind BK in the buiding.

Meow,

Call me on my cell when you gals ready to move. I meet you all at Parco itself..

jady

hi fishball,

hv to go beauty salon to perm eyelashes. i went to the salon which poki goes to(reccommended by poki mah:p) cos quite cheap $20 only.

if eyelashes too short, can still perm but think put on false long eyelashes nicer loh..mine not too short but not too long either, so i go perm loh.:p

can't address (esp to relatives) cos both IL & my parents not doing anythg /calling yet though we told them many times liao! cos we dunno how to address them mah..some relatives quite particular with the addressing/wordings ..sianz.....

serene

Hi ladies,

Hi Jady: Dun panic..just list down the things to be done and delegate to yr siblings/friends for help if possible
happy.gif

Just some notes for u all:
1) Draft out guests list
2) Check with all guests on their attendances
3) Send out invitation cards in Sep 03
4) Draft out agenda of the day, program list, who in-charge of events etc.
5) Buy GDL things
6) Buy Si Dian Jin
7) Food tasting if any
8) Change new notes for hongbaos
9) Guests to RSVP nearer the wedding date (2 weeks b4 wedding??)
10) Facial
11)Haircut & color
12) Manicure & pedicure
13) Spa (to relax)
14) Final Fitting, collect flower bouquet, car etc
15) Get ready to be "pretty birde"

For GDL's stuff, mine is a simple one:
1) Ping Jin (dowry $)- mum supposed to keep some and return some
2) Shit & urine $ (sounds abit crude..hehe..this is the $ that my mum will keep all cos it is to reward her for the hardship of bringing me up)
3) 2 XOs
4) 24 cans of pig trotters
5) 2 boxes of cakes
6) 12 Mandarin Oranges
7) Long Feng Zu (Dragon & Phoneix candles)- 2 sets. Hubby will take back 2 Phoneixs.

My mum will in exchange give 2 bottles of soft drinks.

Hi Fishball & Jady
I tried eyelash perming..but find it not lasting..
it is like perming the hair..they will put some perming lotion on yr eyelashes lor..
Guess I have to put false eyelashes cos I got one big and one small yes..hehheee...
happy.gif

serene

Forgot..to add on
happy.gif
happy.gif

16) Select Caterer for lunch on actual day
17) Source for red wine
18) Select Walk-in songs etc

For red wine, I am liaising with NTUC ...cos my fren bought her wedding wine from them.."Carmen-$16.50 each", original is $18.

jbride

hi gals,

good to see so many postings...

piper, u look great! i like your long veil
26735.gif

wow! most of u had your PS already...i'm still waiting for my fitting...

meow

Kopibean,
Yeah you can call me when you reach there. But hor, i may be late a little. I'm so tired now. Going to catch 1hr of sleep before starting to prepare to go out again.

Besse,
Okay, will call you when all are there.

may

it has been a crazy day. no chance to log in till now...why no body ard. are u all at msn forum already?

anyway, got to go...will update u gals after my trip.

take care.

yve

Hi all!!

It was fun meeting all of u.. that was the 4th novas 2003 gathering.. As usual, we talked and talked no end..
happy.gif
hope we can meet another time in Aug leh. Since we cannot do anything in this month.. And also need to have another session to make wrist corsages.. will post the pics soon..

Just practise putting up a tent at the void deck. hubby bought a tent for his ubin camping trip tomorrow.. so we tried it out tonight.. it was very fun.. put some pics of it up too..

meow

Yeah yeah, agree we talk to no end. Hope everyone enjoy the outing too.

As for the wrist corsage thing hor, all of you get ready your materials first then set a date lor. But please remember to find a place for the glue gun.

Besse, enjoy the show huh?
biggrin.gif

kopibean

Hi gals, last nite outing was fun....really tok till no end....
sorry, me no much tok as got a bit of sore throat....in the end, got fever the next day....went to c doc..
is ok now...

Meow,I try to buy the materials for the wrist corsages then let u koe...thanks so much!!!

sandgirl72

Hi naturally
10q.. do share with us yr PS when U have them ready..

Hi Piper
10s for sharing yr latest pics with us... hope my eyes did not play tricks with me, from the pics, i can see some design on yr veil, am i rite? it makes yr veil very pretty and it looks beautiful on you...

hi jbride
don't worry.. me too not PS yet.. 1st fitting end of Aug..