(2003) Brides of year 2003

grace

hi serene...

got my flowers from bras basah..artfren..
i cant rem the cost..cos i mixed the flowers and i got 5 ah yees but i made 1 extra in case...

meow

Serene Sng,
Are you going to thai? My flowers for the wrist corsage are from there. Not to say my shoes and angbao box. It depends what you wish to find lor. You got anything in mind?

sunnyday

Hi chern and tingting,

My wedding is on 13 Dec as well. My BS is J & M. My first fitting will be on 4 Sep and photoshoot only on 18 Sep. I took OTR gowns.
happy.gif

tingting

hi sunnyday,

My fren also took J&M and was quite pleased with their service. Think you'll enjoy it too! I'm with Dang Bridal.

shook

Hi gals

I enjoy meeting all of u too!! It is a regret dat I only meet u for 3hrs.
sad.gif
My hubby asked me how wz the gathering. I told him it wz excellent. Saw all your lovely photos n the sweet person in real.
happy.gif
Err... Kare, think u oso brought your digital camera wif your honeymoon photos is it? I din c them. I wz late liao. My hubby wz waiting 4 me in the car park.

Looking 4ward to c all of u again
bounce.gif

kare2711

Shook
Hmm .. I brought my digital camera and it does have some honeymoon pics but they were mostly of sceneries so in the end I didn't dare show.
blush.gif

destitonia

hi sandgirl and all ladies,

I am fast becos my flat came fast, in fact too fast, was only suppose to collect keys beginning of this year, but the keys were ready for collection since last july..so was oso kind of "forced" to start early..that period of time really a bit the stress...

may

Hi Gals,

I also had fun on Friday nite. I forgot to take photos of us with my digital camera...too happy yakking away...

We shld do it again and soon.

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

grace,
Thanks.... i will source out from there...

Meow,
are the 2 places near each other?? I was thinking to go there & take a look too!! How much you got the teaset??? Cheaper than singapore?? Do you knw where is Sukhumvit Road, Bangna in Thailand??

chern

Hi Sandgirl72, tingting & sunnyday,
Thanks for the welcome. My BS is Everbliss.
I took OTR also.
My banquet at a restaraunt as time is bad so cannot afford to hold in hotel.
nothing much to prepare now lei as renovation done up liao & PS also done liao. now just waiting to select photos.

pausini

Haha, My hubby also ask me the samething. Whether we took pix together.

Guess never mind, we can still have next outing together.

tingting

hi chern,

you're lucky to get things done up already..i'm just starting to buy my electrical appliances and furniture. Any good recommendation for woody furniture?

hi sunnyday,

i haven't fixed up my appt for 1st fitting yet. maybe sometime in Aug. since my PS is in late sept, i think 1 month's leadtime is enough for the dresses.

naturally

Hihi everyone!

Had my PS yesterday, didn't know "modeling" can be so tiring, sure ain't easy acting like some "shuai ge mei nuu", haha! Marina South was surprisingly quiet on a sunday, we tooks shots amongst the trees and by the ponds, nice place to go if u like lotsa greenery. During one of the shots, photographer asked hubby to carry me, and i was so terrifed that he would drop me or that we would both fall into the pond... hee hee, shows how much confidence i have in him...
lame.gif
After that we proceeded to Raffles Marina, there were lots more people, quite paiseh, but the cool sea breeze was very relaxing... For one shot, photographer asked hubby to wave his jacket and me to wave my bouquet in the air, kinda felt like a pair of idiots (passerbys were smiling in amusement)! Though still it was fun acting silly!
lol.gif

Then we went back to the studio, viewed the digital pics on the pc, that's one good thing abt digital photography, can see the results almost immediately... and we'll be able to select the photos next week!
happy.gif

But tell u all hor, after i got home, i had a hard time cleaning out all the makeup and hairspray.... oh yeah, remember i was fretting over my pimples? I worried for nothing, cos the makeup covered everything lah!
happy.gif

may

I told my hubby that i am meeting you gals at the forum. And he keep teasing me saying that wait a bunch of guys turn up instead.

So after our outing, he asked me you all gals or boys... He was quite surprised that so many of us turn up.

I told him i most probably is the oldest and he laugh hard...

chern

Hi Tingting,
u can try barang barang, vhive?? sorry i have not much recommendation as my hse more on modern concept & no woody furniture.

kare2711

May
Ha ha. My hubby said only girls would do this kind of thing. Hmm .. quite true too hor?

Hey maybe we can make the next gathering after May, the future MD comes back. Heh. Hopefully we will have more people joining us.

freesia

Hi Naturally
Haha....feel so light-hearted and happy by just looking at your description again!
Really sounds alot of fun and happiness....
Now I can feel more relaxed after knowing abt the pimples thingy....'coz I've been very stressed n face condition really bad... ;p

pausini

My Hubby keep me how u gals look. What did we chat abt etc etc...

Guys can be very KPO too..

Heh, then we passed the bill to the future MD next round lor...

piper

hi naturally,

got photos to show us?

feel excited for u as well...tonight i'll be going to view my photos..so excited until no mood to work...hehehe.

may

Kare, Pausini: r u gals talking abt me?
what future MD? i dont understand...

I am caught in this political web that i dont know how to untangle myself...

the next time we meet, hope that more can join us...

jady

hi blurblur,

how to see ah? i've no digicam or scanner leh..:p

poki & vio have seen my cards & the printing. it was pretty well done(at least to us)..
happy.gif

christmas

hi tingting,

what kind of wood are you looking for?

for teak wood, i think plenty of shops around the island. there's one behind SAJC @ alexandra rd with a wide selection.

for chinese wood like rosewood, Samtat @ Paya Lebar and Singapore Woodcraft @ Alexandra.

vio

hi blurblur,

trust us, jady's cards were v.well done - NICE ;)
i'll be using Hi Tec too.

are u holding ur dinner at rasa too?

shook

May
Tell your hubby all who turned up r guys. U were the rose among the thorns
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Ya boy, the gals r talking abt our future MD Mdm Elaine
biggrin.gif

Guess u r not the oldest lar. Think I m the most ahem senior citizen
lol.gif

Pausini
Yo, your hubby v nosy parker huh

Ya ya ya hope we have more gals next time
bounce.gif

tingting

hi christmas,

i'm more desparate to find matching bedroom furniture. i've custom-made the wardrobe, and the lamination is in "wild cherry", that's something like reddish-brown. So need to find matching bedroom furniture.. half-regretting not custom-making the entire bedroom set..

meow

Serene,
For the angbao box and flowers, its very near. The tea set doesn't belongs to me...that's sunnyling's one. Sorry, i'm not sure where is sukhumvit rd

serene

Hi cath,
I am using Tdragon too..using hot stamping cos my hotel card is 3 flaps..not nice with inserts though cheaper...

hotstamping: 1st100pc-$120 subq 40cts/pce
economic printing: 1st200pc-$100 subq 20cts/pce

Wow..seemed like Jady and cookiercorgi got quite good rates hah..me lazy to source around..so I just use the hotel recommended printer...they are quite patient lor.

Hi snoopy and xiong, I am having my wedding on 24 Oct too
happy.gif

As for GDL, my mum listed out those things that
she wants..I told MIL liao..I have a "mei ren" to help my hubby carry the things on that day..
sort of ting qing i think

besse

AROS

Me back from trippe
happy.gif
hehehe.. had a super relaxing and romantic trip.. 1st time bf so v romantic! *faint*

Leo, Yve, Kopibeannie.. how did you gals spend bday??

Wah.. Thailand.. i oso wan to go.. *envious*

OK.. let's confirm this Friday's gathering Venue.. Shall we confirm at Boat Quay Pasta Fresca?? If so, I'll make the reservation. Can everyone who's going confirm your attendence?? Thanks
happy.gif

meow

Besse,
ever remember the place in Shaw Center selling cheap pasta and taste not bad too. But i jus can't remember the name of the company and price. Are you able to find out and maybe the price too? I'm too far away from there and you know why.

besse

Meow..

hmm.. shaw ctr at beach rd?? got meh?? err.. at Liang Seah Street, opposite Bugis Junction?? or where? i know of few eateries along Liang Seah Street that sells quite good food at good prices.. or you gals keen to hv the gathering there??

jenn

hey serene

Chatuchak market is HUGE!!! i spent a full day there the last time i went there. dress light cos the weather is so hot and the shops there hardly has ventilation!! hehehe .. but i had fun shopping there.

Sukhumvit Road is a very long stretch of road with motels,, hotels, bars, restuarants and shops (pasar malam oso have). very vibrant. the road is usually spread out and they have nos to differentiate for eg: sukhimvit soi 21, soi 19 etc.

hope this link paints a clearer picture!
http://www.into-asia.com/bangkok/maps/sukhumvit.php

btw, when are u going to bkk??

ALSO ..

Happy Birthday to all July members. sorrie .. i gues it might be abit late .. but better late then never right! ;p

cheers!

jady

hi cath,

mine is a special insert which is gold tinted, provided by hotel.

sigh...until now, my mum still haven't list the gdl stuff. kip saying she dunno or nvm but i know her style, anythg not right or too little,she'll b unhappy. but ask her many times liao she still say she dunno or anything..
sad.gif

vin

Hi Gals,
Nice to meet you all! My hubby also kaypo who am I meeting that day! As in he keep asking fr a few times, I just tell him off that I’m meeting with the member of “tai tai ju le bu”…:p
You know what, Josephine and my hubby happen to know each others! My hubby company happen to be one of Josephine client b4.
Looking fwd to meet you gals again!

Hi May,
Are you sure you are the oldest? You and kare don’t look like older than anyone of us ler….

kopibean

besse,
my bday celebration!!!
hb planned a surprise dinner for me - sky dining in cable car!!!
i really no expect he will be so romantic...
after dinner, go cheong wif my frens at mdm wong....
very enjoyable bday for me!!!

meow

Besse,
Everytime my Paris brides kakis gather, they sure go shaw centre to eat and its always the pasta shop. Yes, its at beach road lor. The one with BK and cinema one.

Aiyo you all huh make me very envy leh. I spent my birthday in gym leh so Yve you should be happy liao.

leo29

Besse,

So envy..... someone got a romantic trip lei. Sound really jealous huh! Me like Yve, no romantic din. Have dinner with my family then play MJ. Actually my hubby want to cook and invite our friends to come over to celebrate for me but i find it Lei Chia so object to it. But..... at least he know how to Zhuo Ren, surprise me by sending flower to my office.
happy.gif

yve

Meow,
looking forward to meeting this fri!

Sheesh, i think i need to make more wrist corsages. Mis-calculated the number of jiemei. better make more then make any of them feel bad. got to visit spotlight leow. Gng to attempt to make the angpow box this weekend when hubby gng to ubin with frens. got sometime for myself.

leo, got win money at mj anot?? it is just hitting me that i have lived for 3 decades leow.. :p

leo29

Yve,

Don have lei! Me dam lousy nowadys. Hee.... actually not only me lousy, we 3 Ka lose to 1 Ka. My brother was the big winner.

So sad..., we already reached the 3... $30 Bo2 Hang1 Zhao3 lol...

may

Shook: i already say i am too young to be MD plus the company is not stupid. Going to make me do more without promo one. Sian...got to look elsewhere soon for greener grass to eat man.

Vin: really? what a small world that Jo knows yr hubby...

trust me, i am old...i just look like a kid that all..ha..ha

aiyo, i still have not sort out my air ticket to New york yet...someone in my headquarters..screw up.

kare2711

May
Aiyoh, what a messy company you're in. How come flying off on Sunday and you still haven't got your tickets? But good also. Maybe you will be lucky and there will be no more tickets and so you will end up having the best of the best - SQ!

And do bring me along for greener grass.

cookiecorgi

Hi gals..

Can i check sth with you? I am a little confused with wat my hubby shd wear on the actual day of our wedding... In the day, I will be wearing my WG, then tea dress for tea ceremony, first march-in in WG, then 2nd march-in in EG.

As for hubby, will be one suit to come and pick me and for the rest of the day. If he wanna wear a tux, can he wear the same tux for both the first and second march in?

hee. thanks!!