(2003) Brides of year 2003

leafy

hi elaine,
will u be putting ur photos on ur website? We can see from there ah?
i still think it's very heavy for u to bring out leh...u so skinny, got strength meh? hee hee
happy.gif

hi cherubies,
which bridal r u with?
hoepfully u can take back those unselected sample photos. :) so we can see. hee...

M

mt

Hi Meow, thanks for the invit but I think I won't be making corsages- actually might want to just have many helpers but no jie-mei (I don't like the knock-on-door din).

Hi Ava, nice meeting you to pass you the soaps, thanks! BTW Spotlight round organza pieces are less than 30 cents each, small organza drawstring bag abt $1 each. HTHS.

Wedding "jewellery"- my bridal including loan of it but it looks really horrible, will be using my own (or get her to use the lace of the dress to make a lace choker). Been procrastinating meeting her...
sad.gif
Anyone else doing MTM wedding gown and HASN'T met their designer for discussion yet? *PANIC*

Interior designer woes- the 3 mth experience sounds fine IF AND ONLY IF, she comes from a reputable company- any funky ideas she proposes will probably have a senior overlooking or even the contractor overlooking... if the detailing is not "practical", she will be told. If you want to hire her... check out the "supporting" people in her company.

Hi everyone, GSS, GSS, GSS (Great Singapore Sale)!!! LOL!

Bodum (made in France, by a designer) glass DINNERWARE going buy 2-get-1-free! CK Tang and Taka. Dishwasher and microwave safe (but not oven-safe... their range of COOKING ware IS oven-safe though).
I bought 3 dinner plates, 3 side plates (actually a decent size, slightly smaller than dinner plates only), 3 slightly-deep plates (for saucey stuff, or even fruits display)=> under $80. Couldn't carry more, going to buy 1 dinner plate, 1 side plate, 4 rice bowls (YES! the chinese rice variety except it's in glass- how cool is that!), 2 soup bowls (slightly bigger than the rice bowls), and a 3-bowl set of cooking ware.

Initially my hubby liked the traditional cheap chinese-style (the crude porcelain with the blue colour fish painted), and I like the fine Japanese style (the rice bowl is dainty V-shaped rather than U-shaped). But thought about it, can't be having one "chinese set", one "japanese set" AND one "western set...!

We are just a couple who might entertain, no need so many different sets (whether can cook also a big question mark hehe). So the Bodum set will be our only set of dinnerware- suits western cuisine as well as oriental food, very fusion style! I will placing one (except the rice bowls abit too small and can't pass off as flower display) on every banquet table as my additional flower arrangement too!

The Life Shop- I mentioned their white petal-shaped dinner ware buy-1-get-1-free... DON'T get at CK Tang (they have a small set-up there), the offer doesn't seem to extend there (ASK first though).

Oh! And clear glass teacup and saucer going $2.50 or $2.90 at CK Tang, will be grabbing that too. I like glassware for the home, and probably getting glasstop dining table too cos my flat is resale and the KITCHEN floor tiles are VERY old (good condition). Can't find those flooring anywhere now- it's odd-shaped black tiles and white tiles, very cool. Need to show off more of the floor :p

leo29

Serene,

Glad to hear that you have settle your issue!

As for Chionging habit, I believe it will take sometimes for you two to come to an agreement, be patience. Don't think about it at this moment, it's time for you to prepare your wedding stuffs loh, less then 6 months niah. Anyway you still young, chioging is still part of your leisure activity. You will get sick of it when you grow older. Just like me now,
sad.gif
hahaha....

ava

Hi MT
happy.gif

yeah it was nice mtg u too!
happy.gif
thnks for sharing the photos too!
happy.gif
better post them soon 'cos the gals & guy will be asking
happy.gif
most likely will be doing it myself ;)

YEAH YEAH YEAH
happy.gif
GSS GSS GSS
happy.gif
i agree anyone wants to see my shopping list?
happy.gif
JUST KIDDING
happy.gif

HAve a great weekend everyone!
happy.gif

M

mt

Oh Ava, your statement reminded me! Just recalled need to buy alot more stuff than I wrote above. No saucepan, wok and what-nots!!!

sunshine

Hi Renee,

No, I've not started on the gown design yet. I've only gone for my 1st appt earlier this month... my 2nd appt will be in early June. I think Michelle will propose some drawings then.

jus

Hi stressed,

Your hubby taking exams?
Wah… then must make soup etc etc for him… hee hee

You can make an appointment with AWT first before you go down
I have seen some of the cards and they look pretty ok

What’s the min table that you need? (mine is 20 coz it’s a Friday)

taddess

Hi all,

How is everyone? My wedding is just two weeks away...more like 11 days...counting down...Just wish that it will be over soon...can't wait to go for my HM....I have not slimmed down at all...so sad

stressed

Hi Jus,

My soup making skills are as good as my gong fu skills. Which means very lousy lousy lah.

Yah I need to fill 20 tables. My parents decided not to call some people so they let go 3 tables. So technically, I need oni 17 tables. That's why I need to "qiu qing" with the hotel. Sighhh... tried to call Sharul but he is in the meeting.....

jus

Hi stressed,

Hiya…
I also dun really know how to cook
Hee hee

I may have problems filling up the tables as well…
Due to SARS concern, some of my relatives from Malaysia may not be coming down ; (
See how-lar…

Sharul is one busy man isn’t he?
What wedding favours are you planning to give to your guests?
I most prob stick to chocolates, though I like their potpouries and other favours available

stressed

Hi Jus,

Spoke to Sharul alreadi. Begged and begged for him to reduce by 2 tables. Hopefully ok. Wanted to reduce 3 tables but i think better dun push my luck! Not sure which favours to give. Then again, I quite bo chap. I jus want to get the wedding over and done with so that we can start our family planning soon. THAT I can't wait!
happy.gif

meow

Halo,
jus came back from my selection. Sorry girls like what Besse say, i can't take any pixs. I've chosen my WG liao. Its those 2 tones ones. Not really very nice but simple lor. Well...see how lah. Eye on 1 EG, infront v-shape cut think back also. Many beded flowers on the sides. Somemore its purple...that's what my corsage's colour for ah yees too.

MT,
Its okay if you dun wan make corsage with us. Those dates are jus to meet up to chit chat and have dinner together. Jus to see our real faces too. Hope you can join us lor.
happy.gif

Ava,
Remember who serve you then at Robinsons? I'm thinking of red too.
happy.gif

lynnie

Hi taddess

My wedding is just 1 day away, so nervous and stress that I have no appetite to eat at all. So don't worry maybe last minute you may get to slim down! I wish I am on my honeymoon right now! The worse thing is I fell down and hurt my knees few days ago and now it's still not heal yet! Sigh...........

strawberry

Hi everyone,

any idea where i can buy those small princess-like crown (for hair)?
me dreaming on becoming a princess on my wedding day..hahaha...

totoro

Hi Lynnie ,

stay pretty and beautiful.......

not to worry abt ur knee, no one will pay attention to it one lah..show ur sweet smile..and remember to bREATHe..

gals...so exciting

lynnie

Hi strawberry

You can get it at a lot of places but the price range is very different. I know that Takashimaya has it but will be a bit pricey. For the budget conscious, Sinma at Peoples' Park also has it at a lower price.

Hi totoro

Thanks for your encouragement. The problem with me is I cannot walk properly, I feel pain if I straighten my leg. Don't want to march in walking like a handicap!

Hi everyone

Will keep you gals posted about my wedding!

minx

Hi Sunshine,

I @@ ... I signed up end April... I think that is why my appt is later..

Have you got any ideas on the design of WG and EG? or Are you leaving these to Michelle?

abrinas

Hi taddess

Me 2 hvn't slim down so don't be sad ok? At least u still hv HM to look fwd to, me got nothing cos me hv to do hse.

Hi lin

Yes, been a while. Me hv to go back to HQ when my boss is away n over there, I cannot log in. Tt's why lah. So sad
sad.gif
Why didn't u approach? Maybe u got the correct person. Hv not seen your photo b4 otherwise if i c u, i will approach u
happy.gif
Next time must approach me ok?

I agree with u, SB does not hv nice accessories tt's why i went looking for my own. No, I did not buy anything fm Taka. Don't quite like tiaras so my target are actually hair-forks. I bought 2 from Chomel (1 day, 1 night), necklace + earrings(night) from a brand called Tango at Isetan Scotts, crystal necklace/earrings set (day) fm OG People's park. Quite satisfied with my purchases
lame.gif

Me got nothing to do cos i started quite early in my preparations. I started ard mid of last year tt's why all tt need to be done has been done n now just waiting for the rite time to do certain things but hv to anticipate hiccups.
biggrin.gif
Those tt takes up most of my time already done eg. we made our own favors n we hv to make sure we finish before June n we did. I hv a to-do-list which i hv deadlines n i just strike an item off whenever it's done. don't worry so much, the more stress u r, the more things u tend to forget.

Hi strawberry

Small tiara rite? U can find at Chomel, CK Tang 2/F. Taka also has. There's a brand called Tango at Isetan Scotts has nice ones too(me work at Shaw Ctr). Me bought 2 pcs fm here. The remaining fm Chomel. Prices a bit steep even though hv Great S'pore sale now. If on a tight budget, u can try Chamelon at Tiong Bahru Plaza, Grd fl. I saw a nice one there. They hv in hairband type also.

Hi lynnie

Don't worry. on yr wedding day, i m sure yr pain will be gone
wink.gif

Sorry for the really long posting
lame.gif

grace

hi meow...

yah..had a great time at spotlite.. but so many things no more.. me abit niao oso so took some time to finally get the flowers..

red for the heart sounds good... but the letters i still cant decide.. but it sure is sweet..

u cannot take pic ah.. nevermind loh.. as long as its sweet n simple..it should be okie..

ava..
u can shopping ah... rem the pocket yah heehehe
gss everywhere.. but must look carefully at the discounts.

oh i see u got the "thinking" hahaha good for u...
heheheh...

meow

Grace,
Ava still thinking the "thinking" leh. She hasn't commit yet. Me think go spotlight again to check for red spray paint. Else will jus use the Tamiya paint. Melving got red paint? Me the worst one at Spotlight lah hor.
happy.gif

taddess

Hi Lynnie,

Don't worry...Just try to walk normally and don't be so conscious of it cause the more conscious you are, the more pple will notice. think the pain will just go away when u are not conscious of it...

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS! Smile more and you'll be the most beautiful bride on that day.

mei

hi gals (especially to flowee, kk and cherubies)
have not been in this forum for a long long time liao.... feel so strange...still remember me ??

Anyway, my fren helped me download my wedding photos so i tot of sharing them wif u gals. but resolution veri poor n scanner a bit jia lat...

din include all the photos cos veri time-consuming.

http://sg.photos.yahoo.com/francis_shirley

enjoy viewing

enya

hi everyone

any good tailors for guy's suits to recommend? we checked out tessuti, personality, men's tradition. any comments on these shops? the first 2 quoted us 650 for wool-blended suits, while men's tradition quoted us around 420 for wool-blended suits! how come such a disparity in prices huh?

any comments on oxford tailors?

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

see you guys preparing things i very nervous leh.. but i too lazy to do things leh..hais..
anything to motivate me or not...
uhoh.gif

leo29,
Actually i have toned down alot after im with my FH. However, im the first one to get married & we are still young so they think that we should enjoy... (i'm 23). ALthough my friends are like little kids but is good that we let out hair down once awhile, rite??!! Maybe your FH thinks that way too.....(Hope you not angry har... this is my thinking lah..)

amoeba

hi mei,

your photos are very nice!! may i know which bridal you were with and which photographer(s) took the pictures for you? i'm looking for a good actual day photographer..
happy.gif
Thanks!

mei

Hi amoeba
Thanks for ur compliments!
I was wif Wedding Present and Andrew Tay from The Edge was my photographer for outdoor and studio. Actual Day photograph was Alex Heng. His Hp no. 98515400.

gogo

hi sweetie, is ur friend a florist? are the corsages u mentioned for bridesmaids? i'm looking for corsages for bridesmaid. anyone has any recommendation? i'm looking for those using small flowers rather than 1 stalk.

meow

Halo gals,
Confirm the date of our meeting. It'll be on 06/06/03 (fri) evening. Time will be around 7-730pm. Venue need to decide again. Any suggestions for this round?
Attendance will be :Meow, Amore, Besse, Leo, Grace, Akira, wedsoon, Are, Min, Wen, Feb, sunnyling

flowee

hihi ladies

flo can make it 4 both dates...
happy.gif

mei

so nice of u 2 'drop' by here 2 share with us ur nice pixs...
happy.gif

finali flo hv a slight idea how u n ur hub looks like...
u guys look great in ur pixs...
i like the ones u took @ the kindergarden n the beach!!!
veri spontaneous pixs...
happy.gif

M

mt

Hi ladies,
I just had my FIRST gown discussion (MTM bridal gown and MTM evening gown... the OTR bridal gown for outdoor photoshoot will be still some time)! Stressed over weight (and the sudden spate of rashes after that waxing... ). No photos or sketches to show, sorry.

MTM bridal gown (I designed myself, did sketches and tore out scrapbook concept images) is,
Front: White organza bustier top layered over blue organza empire bustline. Black applique lace flowers and tiny bit of crystal beading along empire bustline. White organza full skirt with black applique lace edging.
Back: Nude sheer straight back. Blue organza edging in curve that drops down a panel down. White organza full skirt with 1.5 metre train. At waist, detachable layered blue organza 1.8 metre train.

MTM evening gown (design adapted from their OTR beige bridal gown currently "showcased" at their shop),
Assymmetrical bustier, A-line skirt with short 1 metre train. I'm having it entirely blue organza. Looks abit like a feather duster or a chicken suit (half-joking, I think it's quite unique)- layers of leaf-shaped organza sewn onto it.

Now I die-die must lose weight or I'd drown myself.

Wow Serene you are very young (compared to me heehee). I ran out of single jiemei... but now my mum insists I must have. Meow I can't confirm my schedule so I'd sit this out
happy.gif

serene

Hello everyone,
Just finished selecting my PS fotos on Fri. Took 135 pics in total but my fotos were so-so lor..
In the end, we just took 14 pics extra, need to top up $75 per piece cos mine was 18R, think bigger than the norm. So, we spent $1300 extra (cos we also change the frame of the fotos which need to top up $250 more)

kk: Same as you , I was at the studio for 4hrs..by the time, we were both very tired liao.

Jady: sorry, I am too busy this June to arrange for a meeting, think you all have to wait til Jul? OK? If not, then you want to find someone to arrange this round first?
Paiseh

I am going to be "Jiemei" for my fren's wedding this Fri. Wat are the things that we can ask the bridegroom to do (eg sing songs etc) that will not be too embarassing for him? Only been a jiemei once for my elder sis but her was no fun one. Any ideas to contribute?
How much to ask for hongbao, there will be only three jiemeis.

mei

Thanks Flowee,
think ur PS oso coming rite? Must be veri excited hor? I will try to 'drop' by wen i'm free.
take care
happy.gif

flowee

mei jie!!!!
happy.gif

nod nod flo's ps ard the corner...
will definateli share with u the pixs ( if turn out nice )... :p
u take care n pls drop by in here when u r free...

cherubies

Hi mei,
of cos i still remember you!
happy.gif

have not see all your pixs but the first few are already very nice (those at the beach)!!!
happy.gif

so how have you been?
i'm counting down to my wedding but think my honeymoon may be cancelled by Insight tour in uk. *sigh*...

ava

Hello
happy.gif

GOOD MORNING!
happy.gif
i didn't go GSS so busy... handling the house reno... :p

anyway...

Ms. Meow
happy.gif

ok i'll stop thinking
happy.gif
can u tell me the confirm amt? pls email thank you...
as for the gathering, I'll try to join but can't promise 'cos next day is my FH's bro's wedding... so i may be busy

Ms Grace
happy.gif

hahah
happy.gif
for now my pocket is safe :p

Ms MT!
happy.gif

u are already quite tiny... compared to me!!? r u sure you're not trying to do a David copperfiled act and 'disappear' dun pressure yourself lah
happy.gif

but regardless of what i say
happy.gif
just do what make you HAPPY!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
okie
happy.gif

btw, i really like your ROM dress... when u going to post the pics huh? :p

HAVE A GREAT WEEK AHEAD EVERYONE!
happy.gif

ava

Meow...i think the lady's name is Jenny (skinny lady)
but her boss i can't remember (is plump)
y u asking?
happy.gif

pausini

Hi all,

wah today so quiet.

Is May back from korea??

Shook: busy har??

dun know how karen doing now??

Jazz, meekoo, Peabrain???

priviledged

Hi everyone, IT'S JUNE ALREADY!!!!!!!!

I've still not settled some things like my helper's duties for the wedding. So many nitty gritty things to do. They keep popping into my mind at inconvenient times when I can't write them down, and then when I try to remember them with pen and paper at hand, I just can't. Hope I don't forget anything important
uhoh.gif
uhoh.gif

Here's the latest list that I could find. Apologies to all who've joined this thread lately and are not included...

Taddess(10/6) - Bridal Zone, Marina Mandarin, JW
Beibei( 7th June)- Bridal Zone, Marina Mandarin, Yew Tee
Priviledged (28/6) - Silhouette + Robin, Regent, Punggol 21
Trinity03 - Punggol 21
Pucca75 (10th June) - Focus Bridal, Yun Nan, Yew Tee
Astrud (14th June) - Kevin Seah, Hilton, Ang Mo Kio, ImageGarden and The Edge (actual day)
Abrinas (21st June)- Seletar Broadway, Club Chinois, Punggol
Joyful - (14th June) J&M, Hotel New Otani, Seng Kang
Totoro -(20 June) Rasa Sentosa
Beanie (29th June)- Kai, Shangri-la Sentosa, Utopia
Jes - (7&8 June)Marina Mandarin, Golden Horse award, Punngol 21
Pooh (15th June)- Universal Brida, Holiday Inn PV, Bukit Batok Central
Sweets - Conrad
Delannie - Jawn
Kiroro (6th June) - Silhouette (Bridal) + Am Amor Meus (for kebaya), Conrad, Linn Kong (Studio+
Actual)
Wabbit - J&M, Imperium, Sembawang
mmay (20th June) - The Fullerton
Cutie (22nd June) - Oriental, Yvonne Creative
Ah Ling - X-Zen, Pan Pac
Dolphie (14 & 17 June)- Wedding Present, Marriott, ImageGarden, Choon Huat (actual day)

leo29

Meow,

Ok, gathering date noted!

Gals,

Any suggestion for the gathering venue?

Are,

Did you went to furniture mall last sat? I saw a couple look like you and your hubby.

Finally settled my bed! I bought a 4 star divian set from Robinson. Seem to be a very very good bargain, 25%+15%+5% discount. So we only paid ard $1700. Never did I expect to buy a divian set becos all along in my mind, divian set is more for older generation. Funny hor, don’t know how come got this type of thinking. So all along, I’m looking at bedframe bed. Sian man, still ve to look for 2 side table. This is the disadvantage if we never buy in set.

K

kk

Helloo Serene,

Guess u also enjoyed ur photo selection process rite? So in total, u have around 34 photos?

18R is big! Care to tell me how much in total is the package now, after u have top up?

Yah, very tiring rite? And i keep reflecting back whether i have made the right decision to put in some photos. We are rather indecisive.. haha... wanted to glance thru' again when we dropped by the shop again last weekend but too bad, the photos already sent for processing, so i cannot reselect
sad.gif

wow stressed, you're looking forward to starting a family already???

i'm going slow ... at least 2 years of freedom before i even want to start trying for a baby!

you must like kids alot to want to start so soon!

shook

Hihi Pausini
Not sure if May is back most likely soon. Think Vin is back.
Me busy searching info 4 honeymoon. Oso learning a little bit of broken French
rofl.gif
Jazz oso busy wif honeymoon thing.

Hihi Vin
How's your honeymoon?

Hihi Kare
It wz raining cats n dogs on Fri. Were u affected? How did your wedding go?

yve

Hi all,

Enjoy your gathering lor.. I can't make it this time round. Important day for me.

Dropped by orchard spotlight last Sat and it's true that there is not much left. I am glad that I got my materials earlier.

Meow, how did your birthday went?

kare2711

Shook
I'm back!!!!! Nope, didn't encounter much rain on my side. Only rained a little when I was going for outdoor shoots (last minute decision) but that didn't affect the photo taking.

Fullerton was just as I wanted - perfect!!!! The suite was great, great, great! I ate and ate and ate the last few days. I was rather grouchy the first few hours of the day, but in the evening, I enjoyed myself. At first I wanted a drama entrance but changed my mind. I went down for cocktail early to mingle with the crowd. Didn't regret that. I acted as if I'm the host of the party. But I wore my tea dress down.

Overall, it was a great day! Back to work tomorrow
happy.gif