(2003) Brides of year 2003

A

amerline

hi matka

saw on other threads that u will be having a military wedding... cool...i always find them very very grand and of coz the saboing oso extra jia lat....

yve

hey gers,
My bridal shop actually gave me a list of things to do for PS. e.g. put cucumbers on eyes and no water 2 hrs before sleeping.. and no bra if wearing backless dress..
happy.gif

actually, i dun worry so much about eyebags and pimples and all the imperfections, cos can touch up the photos one.. heh heh..

P

putise baby

hi girls...

sorry... me MIA again :p

kopibean is having her PS tom... i just brought her to indulge to do her mani+pedi... she's such a sweet girl
happy.gif

amore... sarah asked me if i know you... how come arhh?? must be you talking abt me behind my back rite?? HAHAHAHA...
i'm going for mani next fri with another FBO bride... so amore, when you going for yours next??

shirlynn, you will love indulge... their mani+pedi sessons are very pampering
happy.gif

oh wow! military wedding???
NICE NICE NICE !!!

I once attended a military wedding .... omg! i was completely won over to marry someone from the forces!

Most unfortunately, my hub isn't from the military, so none for me....

Back to makta, your hub and his bestmen will ALL look soooooooooo good in their uniforms!
And those shiny swords .... omg, i'm crumbling already!

leo29

Yve,

Then must share share the tips hor. Post it in yahoo can.....? So far my designer never tell me what to do and not to do the day before PS but i was told me not to wear bra the nite before my wedding-bareback WG. Ai yoh, very akward lei, my dad and bro are around.

amore

putise... alamak... Sarah "ta xiao bao tao" ah!!!... hehe was there last fri mah.. and i rem u telling me u going there on fri oso... then i ask her y nebber see u... i forgot u on MC....

dunno when is my next trip there... maybe july.. coz bringing shirlynn there....

yve... tmrw weather sure good one... dun worry... u and kopibean must enjoy ur PS!!!...have fun!!...

yve

leo, take it off before u sleep lor.. then dash to the toilet in the morning.. wear a dark t-shirt, not so obvious.. the problem I could think of is how not to wear bra to the bridal shop!! esp when i am gng to wear a white top... heh, decided to wear a tank top under the white button top..

I post the list here lah..
bride
1. paint nails. preferably nude colors.
2. no water 2 hrs before bed. to reduce puffy eyes.
3. scrub and masque face. I dun recommend it, may have breakout.
4. put wet tea-bag/sliced cucumber in fridge the night before and put on eyes for 10 minutes on PS morning. same reason as 2
5. sleep early. duh..
6. comfortable shoes for outdoor.
7. water, bottle with straw
8. no bra in the morning if wearing backless gowns.

groom
1. bring own suit for variety, in addition to the one at the bridal.
2. coordinate shirts and ties. We are bringing 3 shirts and 4 or 5 ties.
3. black socks, belt, new shoes for indoor and old shoes for outdoor beach.

Bring props. E.g. dog, softtoys etc..

wen

Hi Leo29,
Where did u go for workout? Can provide info. Need to work on hip & thighs.
I am the lazy type so thought going to slimming centre can solve the problem but after one bad experience. Think better not take the easy way out.
Btw does your package include the use of gym???
Thanks!

wen

Hi Amore/Are
Is your husband suit from Personality? Can tell me where? Thought it is in Peninsula Plaza, but cannot find leh...
Btw how long do they need to make the suit? What time do they close?
I have been trying to drag husband to go but he v bo-chap.... really getting on my nerve...

matka

hihi! i'll be solemnising the wedding in church on the 4th and the banquet will be on the 5th. We figured that spreading it into two days will be less tiring for us.

for the military wedding, i'm a little afraid of the sabo-ing part. Hopefully they won't make him drink or anything cos he's got quite a low tolerance for alcohol. Otherwise, he'd be drunk by the time the dinner starts! hee hee.

1027, heheh. your post made me laugh. Unfortunately, my FH and his friends aren't officers from the full combat-type unit... so there won't be much brawn to see. (better not let them read this!) But i think they'll still look smart! :p

wen

Hi girls,
Another tip from my friend. Her makeup artist told her to put on the SKII mask the night before PS so that her face will be more supple and smoother when they apply makeup during PS.
If you are using the whitening mask, dark circles will be less obvious.
However, you have not tried SKII mask before. Think it is better to try a few weeks before PS to c suitable or not.

matka, doesn't matter whether they're full combat or not. the fact is that you're going to have one romantic dinner! anyway all your sword bearers will be in their #1 uniform right?

kinda reminds me of the wedding dinner zoe tay had! so dreamy, so nice!

I read that you're having your dinner at the fullerton in another thread. Are you going to get the sword bearers to line the staircase of the aisle?

tell us more tell us more! so exciting! I think you're the ONLY bride amongst us to have a military wedding!

oops, the alcohol tolerance part is questionable. I know most army personnel get each other (and themselves as well!) very very drunk at each others' weddings. But dun worry ... regular practice will build up your fiance's alcohol tolerance. Only got 3 months to your wedding, better start training now!

As for the sabo part, i think it really depends on how much your swordbearers want to tekan you 2. But its always nice to see a sporting couple carry out their sabos! Kinda makes the wedding alot more memorable than just a plain walk-in too!

hey! I'm also getting hitched on oct 4!

pausini

Kare: U mean my place??? Fine with me, wld anyone feel uneasy???

Shook: serious, keep that bottle for ur dad. Not nice to take it back from him. The one bottle that i have is enough for me. Seriously enough. Yah lor, i think a bit of fats do serve some purpose.

May: going to New york. wah so good always flying. I am fine with 25 or 26th I dun think i have anything plan then.

If during weekend, meeting outside is better. U know my hubby also come in and read my posting so he somehow knew abt each of u just that i didnt show him ur pix.

My hubby very quiet kind, scare later the guys wld just sit there and do nothing and we girls chatting away. Can be very distracting cos have to take note of ur partner feeling. Why not we just leave them at home or give them a few hrs freedom. May be can ask them to fetch us after the gathering lor. Wat u girls think???

may

why dont we just meet outside..easier? How abt Fri, 25 July night? Lets go for dinner..and now that our wedding is over...we can all go for a good meal? buffet? haha...i am so piggy..

saw today the Plaza Market Cafe is having 2 buffet for the price of one. But not too sure if it is applicable for dinner...

what u gals think?

A

amerline

hi matka & 1027

me too me too! i am oso oct 04 bride! this is a good day
biggrin.gif

25379.gif

amore

wen... yup my hubby suit from personality... hehe it's in peninsula shopping centre... not peninsula plaza... the one beside funan.... the first time i went there oso go to the wrong one... he managed to rush the suit for us within 2 weeks......we always go there ard 7+... think close at 8 or 9...

abt the SKII mask.. my SIL oso say leh...

amerline and matka:
how, only 3 months to our wedding. Kan cheong or not? I wonder if i've left out anything to plan for ..... i'm only left with finalising the guest list & number of tables now.

wen

Hi Amore
Thanks!
No wonder cant find in the directory. I still go up and down searching. Luckily, husband didnt go with me. Otherwise, he will complain...
Do u have the unit no or at which floor so easier for me to find?
By hook or by crook, must drag him to the shop by end of this week. Cant stand his bo-chap attitude...

Did your SIL try? I will do the same before my PS. In fact, I am now using the mask weekly and must say that it is good.

matka

Wow. Such a coincidence! All 4th Oct!

Yep, they'll be in the #1 uniform. Sorry but I'm quite suaku... i always thought that was the only outfit they can wear for military weddings.

We haven't exactly decided how the swordbearers will stand... or how far it can stretch in the ballroom. heh.

Alcohol tolerance. As it is, i don't drink much.. but from recent wine-drinking (training - ha) sessions, i seem to have a slightly higher tolerance than him!

OMG. It's only 3 more months?! I just realised... *sheepish*

We are in the midst of sorting out of invitation card design and the guest list. We haven't started planning on the event schedule (ie. what to do during the dinner itself)

Do you girls have any idea what is the standard practice? We plan to modify from there to personalise it.

what to do during dinner quite standard i guess...
cocktail
first walk-in
go on stage for cake cutting
fanfare (if any)
change into evening gown
second walk in
go on stage for champagne pouring
family goes on stage for a toast
groom / bride's speech
first dance (if any)
table to table photography
change (if you have another outfit)
farewell at exit of ballroom

that's about it i think!

me too! still sorting out layout of invitation cards and guest list! 3 months will zoom by v quickly. I'm getting butterflies in my stomach suddenly, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!

L

lt

hi all..... it's finally happening..... another 3 days.... this SUNDAY and i will be officially married off....hee...

am now resting at home. of course want to be in tip top condition on that day. some last minute pampering for myself...

unbelieveable.. the preparation is so long... yet it takes only a day's event.... no wonder some brides are complaining things are happening too fast on the actual day.... ok... i am going to have FUN on that day... but i think my bridesmaids must be the ones having good fun... te-kan my hubby... haaa......

anyway, am now preparing my speech...

YEs, relatives, parents, parent-in-law are really a pain in the ass.... but you will get over it.... for the past week.. i already 'let go' everything... not going to care more what they want... everything is quite fixed liao. i'm just going to wait for THE DAY to come... in the mean time, am 'savouring' the quiet moments i have to myself....haa....

gals, have fun planning too.. and really don't worry too much. at the end of the day, guess we only want GOOD MEMORIES.

will catch up again after my BIG DAY.

besse

yo Leo, Amore

Me just back from a NB session at TB.. hehe.. quite fun.. now stretched and aching..

back to work in office lor..

Ya leo, me oso in IT.. but doing UNIX sales.. what abt the rest of the mei nus?

I cant go workout tomorrow.. cos tomorrow evening is my trial mkup and fitting..
happy.gif

Don worry, tomorrow is a good n sunny day!! *performs SunDance...

are

wen... the unit is #03-24, tel : 6333 4790. think they close at 8 or 8.30pm.

not sure abt suit cost, cos my hubby did shirt only. shirt is $55 (tho' he big size) + $5 for embriodery.

kare2711

May
Oooh..sounds good, the Plaza Market Cafe. Where is it located? How much is it? I think it's also better not to inconvenience our dear mummy
happy.gif

B

bride-to-be

hi yve/kopibean

enjoy ur PS
i'll pray hard for a nice sunny day for u both!
25398.gif
25399.gif
25400.gif
25401.gif

B

bride-to-be

hi amerline/jus

nothing to do so just drop by to say hello to all the october brides!!!!
25407.gif

shook

Kare, May
Oh, I din mean I wanna bring my hubby. To start the ball rolling, I juz said I dun mind. If all of u not bringing your hubby of coz I won't bring mine.

May
Wow, so envious of u, flying again, to NY somemore (drooling liao). Long hr flight, watch in hse movie lor. I did dat on my Europe trip. But then, got headache after watching 2 movies. I usually dun have the patience to sit still n watch movie.
Plaza market cafe, wat food they serve har? Hope it is fine for Pausini. I have been eating after marriage. Think I put on wt liao. Tummy starts to grow
crazy.gif

25th, 26th May shall b reserved for our meeting
happy.gif

Kare, Jazz
My Holland colleague wrote to me yesterday dat the whole of Europe wz struck wif unusual heatwave in Jun, weather is cool now. Arrg, had I gone 1 mth earlier or later.... so unlucky. Seems like the posionous scorching sun follows me wherever I go. Last time I went to China in late spring, the stupid hot summer arrived early to welcome me.

sunrise

hi gers

FMIL commented recently that me and FH very blur, 4 mths to wedding and haven't prepare much. Guess she's right. I've been thinking abt it whole night. THought we have to ask our elders abt the customs etc, but ended up was chided by her. What should I do?

FH and I were debating abt the schedule on actual day. This is what his mum preferred....

9pm - pick me up
10am - his hse for praying to ancestors
10.30 to 1pm - our new hse and a bit or PS here and there
1pm to 3pm - back to his hse for lunch and tea ceremony
After that back to my hse for tea ceremony.

Can someone pls advise?
Btw, there r so many many many other things which we are unaware of.

sunrise

in addition, does the groom needs 2 female rep fm his side in the morning during picking up of e bride?? What's e reason if so?

And, what car do u guys normally use to fetch the most impt ppl ie. e groom's parents to the hotel venue? Just bridal car or???

amore

shirlynn... since u not working on dat day... i fix for u lunch time?.. so during lunchtime I bring u to indulge... better for u... so ur nail will dry completely by evening...so i make for u 24th July 12 pm?..

besse... me doing ERP implementation....

cherubies

Hi LT,

advanced congratulations!
happy.gif
have fun ya...

rest and be pretty - my motto for my big day.

Hi maya,
i will be going to europe!!!
yipee...

jazz

Shook, *laugh* you're funny! Dun worry, it's not your fault. It's all of SARS' fault. Had it not happened, you would have been able to go to Europe much earlier.
happy.gif

Kare, I missed the ice cream in Italy! Too bad I only stayed a day otherwise I would be able to eat more ice cream!!! :p

Pausini, poor thing! Hope you're feeling better.

May, thanks for sending me your actual day picts link!
happy.gif

Let me know once the date has been confirmed. What time are you gals staying till? I have tuition on Friday so I may join you gals once my tuition finishes if I'm unable to postphone. Btw, where is Plaza Market Cafe?

Cynthia, congrats!!!!!!!!!
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
Happy for you!
happy.gif

may

Gals, Plaza Market Cafe is at Raffles The Plaza (used to be Westin Plaza) Level 2. They are offering Peranakan Buffet Dinner only. I think is 2 for the price of one. SO we must make sure we have even number, to fully utilise.

I prefer 25th July night as i may have something to do on sat before leaving for NY.

pausini

Hi,

May: Ok for me.. now can eat most of the stuffs liao.
happy.gif

Shook:
Me OK liao.. yesterday i even finished a plate of fried rice.
Look like u are a Sunshine or summer girl cos the sun always follow u. hahahaha....

Kare:
Very nice of u for always thinking for me.
Anywhere also fine for me lah, dun make me sound like i am in later stage carrying a big tummy leh.
Tummy still very small lah.. Sometime visible sometime not. Depend on the clothes i wear.

Aiyah, if jazz cant go only 3 of us?? how abt the rest, Jan is still not back?? She wasnt back here for very long liao. Dun know how is she doing now...

kare2711

Pausini
Even if can't see, the baby is still in your tummy and so must always be careful. Anyway, even knowing I'm not pregnant, my tummy still shows. LOL!

Agree with May that better to make it even. But hor, say, we get 4 people and another girl will be afraid to come along because she's afraid can't find a 6th. so I think if we get an odd number, we just split the total? What do you gals think?

babyvon

Hi Shook,
Yup! He's reali nice!
happy.gif
I 4got to warn u the other time tt Summer in Europe can b reali hot! So sori!
uhoh.gif

But it's oso nice to look slightly tanned...unless u r the type who loves being reali fair! Hehe!
wink.gif

So, u're go'g to Bintan...Hv a great wkend! Cheers!
bounce.gif

M

mt

Hi sunrise, mine is own concoction,
1. Groom fetch me at my mum's. Jiemeis troll and forfeit him.
2. We travel to his parent's for late breakfast.
3. We travel to our new place to change.
4. We travel to my mum's for lunch.
5. We travel to our new place to bring barang barang to hotel book-in. (Meantime, my Jiemei make 2 trips fetch other Jiemeis, my mum and his parents to hotel book-in. We have enough rooms).
6. Afternoon I will check banquet set-up, makeup. Mum, MIL and Jiemeis also make-up.
7. Pre-dinner cocktail.
8. Dinner (Tea ceremony halfway during dinner, cos mine weekday don't want relatives to take leave to be present in the morning).

may

Kare: u so funny... abt yr tummy.

Pausini: it is good that u can eat now so buffet will be good for you hor.

well, if we have odd number, we can always go somewhere else. Lets c the rsvp number.

what is a good time for dinner? What time can you all get to City Hall? For me, abt 6.20 pm the earliest.

I just called and find out how much it costs and it is a very really a good deal. For two persons, it is S$ 25+++ for one also S$25+++.

kare2711

May
On Fridays, I can reach City Hall at 5.30pm. So it's $25+++/2 if we manage to get even numbers? So it's $28.75/2 meaning one person pays around $15? Very good deal!

may

Karen: ya loh. cheap hor. dunno food nice or not thou.

for those interested to try out, it is available ervyday including weekends but strongly encourage to make reservations.

leo29

Yve,

Thank you very much for sharing the tips. Ai yah, this morning raining lei. Will pray hard for you to have a sunny day
happy.gif

Wen,

I normally go Bugis Junction and Cineleisure. But next week i will go Eastpoint. My package include gym. But their gym facility only at Bugis junction, Cineliesure and Tiong Bahru only. You may like to call Bugis branch at 63377333 to enquire abt the pkg. Originally i signed up once a week-12 session package that last for 3 mth. But had upgrade to unlimited liao, $330/3 mths.

besse

aros,

hmm weather starting to look better now.. Leo, u continue praying n i cont sundancing k? ;)

liew, ysday work whole nite thru for proposal.. oni slept 1 hr this morning.. now i look like shit for my trial and fitting later.
sad.gif

Amore.. i c i c.. what ERP s/w?? SAP or JDE?

kare2711

May
More questions hor. Where do you get the information from ah? I'm now very interested. I told my friend and she asked what kind of food is served. She funny ah, she said skali vegetarian food! But I think I may want to go and eat with my hubby since it's such a good deal. So hmm .. is it inclusive of dinner?

leo29

Sunrise,

I think your timing is abit too late? Base on your schedule, by the time you reach htl it's already 5 plus. You don't have time to rest.

My schedule is something like this. But still haven’t confirmed.
-8.40am leave my hse.
-To hubby hse, tea ceremony.
-To PS, if we want.
-To mother house for tea ceremony
-To new house.
-Go hotel.

Don't worry! Actually I also never prepare much. The true is there is really nothing much for me to do now. We will start busy 1-2 mths before our wedding for guest list, buy guo da li things, An Chuang.....

2 Female from guy side? I don’t think a must to be female and not a must to have 2. What I know, their purpose is to help carry things-Orange, roast pig(Some they ask groom Xiong Di to carry)...... to bride side.

Any car can be used to fetch parent and FIL to hotel. But normally, they will use bridal car-If no extra charge. Some bridal shop will charge you to send your parent/FIL thru and flo hotel but some provide FOC.

leo29

Besse,

Alamak, your job so stress one hah. Got proposal to rush. So ke lian....., sleep for 1 hr only. I can imagine how you look like now,
sad.gif
*tab tab*.

Heng....,count myself lucky. No project, no report and no need to crack my head for proposal. I'm doing sales for electronics industrial. Only let my boss crack my head if no sales. :p