(2003) Brides of year 2003

jazz

Shook, oh no, I selected abt 40 over picts for the album. I get to keep all the 180 over proofs, so I buy a stick-on album and select about 120 (that much that I can put into the album) and stick them into the album.

Kare, dropped by Italy for one night's stay in Como to meet my colleagues, wow, it was super hot. I heard that Italy was hot but I didn't expect to be that hot. We sweating like crazy there and worse, the B&B that we stayed in didn't have air-con so it's lagi worse. My colleague told me it's very unusual to be that hot. Then this week, my colleague told me the storm finally came and the weather became better (28 deg in the day, and abt 20 deg in the night).
sad.gif
Ok lah, at least I know next time I want to visit Italy, I'll avoid summer period.

shirlynn

Hi Amore,

Good if you can come with me.. Btw, how long is each session? And does it means that I cannot cut my nails before going or else not long enough??

Hi Meow,

Thanks for your advice.

amore

leo... erm think mine is $120 per session.. cant rem.. my package is 10+1 i think...buy 10 get one free... i oso forgot how mcuh i pay liao leh.... half a yr ago...

shirlynn... if do both mani n pedi abt a hr+.. can get them to trim for u... if u cut yourself.. dun cut too short. French mani looks nicer with long nails.... think I should be in office on 24... so i go together with u... but after office... wat time u wanna go? i can help u make appt...

naturally

Hello piper,
How abt a drinking straw? If your face tends to be oily, u may need pressed power for touching up after blotting. If not, the makeup shd stay til end of PS. If u wear contact lens, u may want to bring eye drops in case eye feels irritated, though i'm not very sure if this is a good idea, cos the mascara may run! Just take note lor...

Ok, will wait for your update on your PS, have fun!
happy.gif

may

Jazz: hey you r back too. Good...now forum more active. Sounds like you and Shook really enjoyed europe...minus the sun burnt.

Thanks for sharing yr studio photos before u left. It was really nice. I will email you the link to my actual day.

Shook, Jazz: yah, i saw on the news that Italy is experiencing the hottest summer this day. i can imagine..when i was in Japan last summer, i also buay tahan... hate to be sweating profusely when on holiday hor. Cant wait to c yr honeymoon pixs.

Shook: hey, free trip to Bintan so nice...enjoy yourself and bring sun screen...
i will be in KL for a week..so boring.
The third week july is fine..lets do it on a fri or weekend..then the mood more relax. Where har?

kare2711

Jazz
Yah!!! It was 33 deg when we went! I was perspiring like crazy. And what's worse is that the humidity is low there, so ugh, burning hot. I also saw the news over there and found out it's a rare time that it's so hot in Italy during summer. I guess it was a shock for everyone including the locals. Of all the 3 hotels we stayed at, the cheapest one was the only one with hotel. Actually the other two provided fans. It's ok, with no air con as the night air is very cool. Just that we didn't see ourselves going back to the hotel during the day time. And the sun sets at 9pm didn't help matters :p but it's over and I'm sure heat or no heat, we enjoyed ourselves.

pausini

Hi shook & Jazz,

both of u are back finally....

I am better now, appetite start to get better...
Hope u girl, enjoy the trip.

oh btw, sorry to ask, did anyone of u get the TOPI cream for me???

Wah shook: going to bintan again.. so nice... i hope i can go too but hubby now cant take leave cos his mgr is on 3 weeks MC leave...

Have i sent my actual day pix... let me do it.

Kare: i didnt bring my notebook to office today. i send u my bb scan the other day. So sorry...

So we will wait till May back from KL and we meet up lor ..

jazz

Pausini, what happened to your appetite? You fell sick?

Shook, is the cream that you talked about the TOPI cream that Pausini was referring to?

May, thanks! Looking forward to receiving your actual link? I have not got my negatives/CD back, so cannot upload anything. Will try & upload the honeymoon picts first to let you gals talk a look.

Kare, yes although it was quite hot, I did enjoy ourselves. Hehe... that gave us the excuse to have ice cream. I loved the gelati. My colleagues brought us to a very nice restuarant (supposed to be the best around) and we had very nice pizzas there. Even the pizza that we buy from the town's small supermarket store is very good too. I believed that there're other nice Italian food but we didn't have a chance to try 'cos we stayed only one night. What food did you have in Italy?

kare2711

Jazz
I didn't have a chance to try the nicest pizza or spaghetti though I have both. Cause hubby doesn't take cheese nor pasta.

Yes, I simply love the ice cream. In Rome, my hotel was very near to one such gelatari (but they're everywhere anyway). I ordered two scoops and as you know, they have the biggest scoops around, and it was only 2 euro!! So cheap compared to good ice cream around here. I had ice cream until I was sick of it ah!!!

Pausini
Nope! Sorry..I didn't get any for myself too. I forgot to bring the name.

C

*cynthia*

Hi Jazz, you're back from your honeymoon??
happy.gif

I have delivered my girl. You can see her picture here.

sandgirl72

Hi Sunnyday
after yr trial make up, U will know the skill of the make up artist better liao.. don't worry la.. they will doll U up till mei mei..
happy.gif

Hi Piper
besides those U n naturally hv mentioned, perhaps U can bring lipstick/compact powder/face towels (if any of one tend to perspire a lot)/a pair of sandals (in case not use to high heels all day)..

since U mentioned mini-fan, is it those type batt operated? do remember to bring along the re-chargeable battery..

will love to hear from U yr PS experience..

meanwhile, do take good care of yrself.. and have fun on that day...remember to SMILE ALL THE WAY!
happy.gif

B

bloomsbury

Hi all Sept Brides,

I am also holding my customary wedding in Sept. The date is 14 September.

I have yet to go for my first fitting... will be some time at the end of July... seems rather late, right?

As I have not also booked my make-up artist, could anyone gimme some comments/feedback on who is reliable and good? My budget is less than S$750 (inclusive of trial).

Also, does anyone have a good lobang on actual day photography for less than S$400? It is a bit of a tight budget.....

piper

hi all,

i really hope i'll be able to enjoy myself tat day...now i got a big ulcer near my lips & it look swollen...hopefully by monday, the swell will go away..

i still dunno if i want to wear my contacts that day...i can still see fairly well w/o contacts..i'm worried that with the false eyelashes, mascara, strong lighting, etc etc...i'll rub my eyes & then look like a panda...

I'll pray really really hard for good weather as well...

me also going to pamper myself on saturday...going for mani/pedi to make my nails look nice nice...

cookiemz

hi aiyoyo,

same here, i have been taking things really easy for the past 2 months and now suddenly realised that i only have about 2.5 months left, take away the 7th month and oh oh.. left with 1.5 months..

right now, i'm going thru my ever growing guest list before printing my invites. my plan is to settle all the GDL items, buy bed frame, review album layout, book caterer, food tasting and order cheongsum before 7th mth. When is your big day? mine is 17th, so sending out the invites after 7th mth... but i'm notifying frens and relatives now.

hi bloomsbury,

i do not know much abt make-up artists, but my fren was quite happy with Eric Tan who did her ah yees' makeup. think u can read about him in some of the other threads.

sorrie, unable to help u on the actual day photographer! :p gals, anyone?

besse

Meow.. don worry k, your photos will look good la, since u so sweet and pwetty and hubby so hansum!! Let us know after you select photos.
happy.gif

Amore, ya. thinking of french or nail art for PS. hmm. now my nails in the gartner red color.. but i v chor lor.. so kena some scratches here and there liaoz..

wah. u & Leo v happeniing n discipline le.. go gym so regular. me signed up with the unlimited package since march and oni go there twice.. hehe.. tonite bought some gym clothes.. hoping that will motivate me.. tomorrowz hope to go for NB in TB branch

Shirlynn.. hee.. your PS falls on my Bday! ;) don worry, that day will be bright and SUNNY!!

Leo .. me oso going trial end this week.. ooi.. which Class and Amore branch you go ah? can partner next time.. hehe.. call me leh..

aiyoyo

hi bloomsbury,

u can call photographer Simon (90297780). c what u can negotiate with him. he's one of the photographers for Bride n Groom magazine.

how about makeup artist sandy from www.makingfaces.com.sg

hi cookiemz,

why ever growing? mine pretty static leh...

matka

Just thought i'd say "HI". Am also an Oct bride. Photoshoot will be in August. Kinda late, huh! Nice to see all you gals *wave*

shook

May
I din go to Italy. Jazz n me were tog in Switzerland. After dat we split. I went to The Netherlands to meet my colleague. The weather there is the nest among the 3 countries I visited.
Fri or week n is fine wif me. We meeting in someone's love nest or outside? Can have a show of hand who can make it on 3rd wk of Jul?

Kare
When I wz in Lausanne, it wz 35 degree. Sun set in Paris wz 11pm. I stayed till 11pm to watch sun set.

Pausini
Gd dat your appetite is back to normal. At least u dun have to worry dat u may feel uncomfortable when we meet.
Oh dear, I thot u dun want the cream. I bought 4 my dad n myself. If u want, I can spare u a bottle.

cookiecorgi

Hi Gals...

Jus wondering if any of you signing up for the Women's Day out eveny organised by Amore and SSC... at Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza on 19th July... I thinking of signing up...

Go to www.ssc.gov.sg for more info...
happy.gif

leo29

Besse,

Me so far went for Pilates, KB and NB, at BJ and Cineleisure. Will chio you but you sure you can? You busy women! Me going KB this fri. Either at Cine. or BJ, want to join me? But KB really very siong lei. Last fri nearly collaps.

Must take photos for us to see your trial lei.

Amore,

So did you go for class yesterday? Me went to BJ for NB and pilates. Never see you lei. Me so blur lei, loss my blouse there. Notice it when going for bathing but cannot find liao. Who the hell will take my blouse. So smelly, hahaha....

Me have change my plan to unlimited. This 3 mths want to exercise until jia lat jia lst.

amore

shirlynn.. i knock off at 6.... u will be on leave? or u will still be working... coz mohd sultan here abit ulu... oh ya.. now got NEL.... align at clark quay station...

leo.. i went EP for SS yest.. wah u even more siao on than me ah.... change to unlimited... hee i dun wanna spend so much to change to unlimited.. coz my work beary unpredictable... sometimes need to work long hrs... or even go overseas... wait change liao waste $$..

babyvon

Hi Shook,
I jus came in to say HELLO & Welcm bk! Great to hear tt u enjoyed ur trip! Cheers & hv a great day!
biggrin.gif

Btw, i met up with Daniel...He's great!
happy.gif

kare2711

Shook
Heh...yah I know! It was horrible, wasn't it? I thought it set at 10ish though, since the sky darkens around that time.

kare2711

Shook
Going to someone's place is also nice. Otherwise, I'm also all for meeting outside. 3rd week is ok for me. As long as hubby is not working :p Sorry girls, but my hubby is working shifts and it's getting very difficult to have the whole day with him, cos if he's not working then I am
sad.gif

female

hi ladies,

me also september bride! (hello again, cookiemz). bloomsbury, mine is on 13 sept, and im gonna pull the whole jing cha/solemnization/dinner reception in 3 months. haha! watch me. even the 7th month is impt - im gonna pretend it does not exist
happy.gif
. but really, it can be done one. just have to shortlist 2 or 3 vendors, and make decisive decisions. i conclude the more i see, the more blur. so if see something you like, just get.

on photography, i met up with Nick Goh yesterday. he charges a very decent $485 on journalistic wedding dinner photography (fr 6.30 - 11.30pm). and since im not doing any studio photo, he offered to take some before the dinner itself for an extra $100-200. very decent. 93806946. Sok Eng of BerryHappy is not available during that time (away in switzerland).

im also still looking for makeup. Sarah Tan 94302452 (popular here) quoted me $465 (including trial) for 1 dinner makeup & hair. its above my budget. meeting Daniel Than 96865343 next week - he can do for abt $150.

and vexing abt the invite. want cheap, look good somemore.anyone heard of favorangels? they have similar cards to Craft-Inc, but cheaper. Those printers mentioned here - T-Dragon, Focal Ad etc: do they design specially for you, or you choose fr existing designs? How much per pc? Do they do embossing?

lastly, lets say i be bantang a bit: what are the things to avoid in 7th month? eg. dont book anyone? dont send invite card? dont GDL?

sorry ah, so chiong hei. see you girls around
happy.gif

leo29

Amore,

Must make full use of my package mah. I'm typical singaporean, the kiasu type hahaha..... The classes is one after another so still ok lah. Somemore it's only 1 hr per class, not siong lah. Are you aware that you can extend your package if you go oversea? Just need to show them your passport.

You in IT line right?

pausini

HI Shook:

That is ok, just keep the cream for urself and ur father. I just asking lor if have then i take.Anyway, i still have one bottle that i got on my last trip quite a full bottle so i think can last me the whole term. Infact i dun used alot, only a little on my tummy to prevent stretch mark.

Till now i havent see any stretch mark yet so still ok. May be all the fats i have previously so i skin still have room to stretch and with the fat i have so no mark.

Jazz: Appetite no good becos of the 3 mths vomit sympton but didnt vomit.. better now.. can get it???

Wah, the ice-cream sound very nice to me so cheap also. I do agree that italian food taste nicer. Anyone tried the French Stall at Race Course rd which is open by a french??

I didnt find it great, however is cheap to eat at the french resturant.

3rd weeks of July i got a meeting with the bridal shop brides leh. Any date, and end of the week hubby bday, so I may not be able to make it. Can we tried end of july???

kare2711

Pausini
Yah end of July is great. How about the mummy's home? Is it available? Heh.,,and is this only going to be an old brides only meeting? Or brides+grooms?

shirlynn

Hi Amore,

I will be on leave on that day, so should not be any problem.

I double confirm with you one week before the actual day or do I need to confirm in advance for appt??

amore

shirlynn.... i make appt for u first?... if cannot go then i cancel for u... k?... wat time u wanna go?

leo... ooh Besse oso? thot is Yve....

yve

Amore, yeah. I am in IT..

Leo, me gng for PS tomorrow too. Weather don't look promising judging from these few days.

shook

BabyVon
Hello girl, so sweet of u 2 come here 2 say hello.
Yap I m back in black. I told my hubby I m turning fm Honey 2 Toffee, n him fm Toffee 2 Rusty (names of 4everfriends bear)
Daniel muz b v happy now ya. He gave a lot of tips to look out 4. He is of great help. He even briefed our oic on the wedding 9. V kind of him

Kare
The i-cream @ Italy v cheap leh. Ice-cream @ Paris is selling @ Euro4.
Can understand. Keep your hubby company. Afterall, newly wed muz c each other more mah.

Pausini
Seriously if u need the cream, I can spare u but a bottle only lah.
My mum doesn't have stretch mark. She said dat is the advantage of ppl wif fleshy stomach. More space to stretch
rofl.gif

N Jul fine wif me

Have a show of hand, whose bringing hubby? I dun mind bringing mine.

kare2711

Shook
I don't think I'll be bringing my hubby but I don't mind bringing if most everyone is bringing. Then again, it's already so difficult for us to arrange to meet, and now we have to accomodate our husbands' schedules, so I think it's easier for us to meet, no? Pro of having our husbands meet also can somehow build friendships. I know I am getting adventurous and a little mushy here, but from this thread, we've known so many friends and it'll be nice if our husbands know one another too.

lkf

yve n kopibean

do enjoy ur PS. The weather wld be fine with clear blue skies...have a gd rest tonite to prepare urself for the great PS tomorrow

may

Hi,

Sori gals - end of jul may not work for me. Unless it is 25th or 26th. Can u all make it? If we meet outside..after work on friday not too bad hor. If someone place then sat is better.

I have got to go New York for work. Just found out last nite. I very sian...it is such a long flight...trying to get approval for business class but not too sure.

I dont plan to bring my hubby...think it will be more fun to let us gals all meet first then subsequent outings we can bring the hubbys.

leo29

Yve,

You too! You never update the list issit that why I nvr notice you. Don't worry, we are all sunny.... gals. So during PS, weather sure very sunny one,
happy.gif
. Enjoy urself.... and pamper urself like a super star.......