(2003) Brides of year 2003

lkf

bride-to-be

my hubby will be buying new shoes but he said he may still wear his other shoes for ps. for myself i hv already bought a pair, around $43. wondering how not to dirty it during the ps,dun really want to waste $$ on shoes cos i dun really wear such high heels for work.

putise baby

nice pixs...i really like ur tea dress, it's so sweet. btw my flat is in punggol too, 101 side opp the econ minimart, will only be moving in after my customary.

meow

did u manage to source for the cooker n hob? i bought rhoyxan (oops, forgot the exact spelling), so far so gd.

B

bride-to-be

lkf
yah lor..i seldom wear heels too.Did u buy a open toe?my PS shoes is a open toe & 1 colour fit all colour gowns :p
if u r going to the bride,buy a pair of sandal/slipper cos if u need to walk on the rock it's very slippery & dangerous..maybe u should ask ur hubby not to wear new shoes or maybe just at the studio cos if the photographer ask him to walk on the water then u got to say bye bye to the shoes.

B

bride-to-be

lkf
sorry wrong spelling

if u r going to the beach,bring a pair of sandal/slipper cos if u need to walk on the rock it's very slippery & dangerous..maybe u should ask ur hubby not to wear new shoes or maybe just at the studio cos if the photographer ask him to walk on the water then u got to say bye bye to the shoes.

jus

Hi ladies,

Like 1027 n sammi, i m also on the splurging side... now thinking of getting a dress for my Guo Da Li... sigh... my FH cham lor... hee hee

Just went with my future MIL to buy jewellery yesterday...
As my own parents and relatives on my side gave me jewellery in white gold, i opted yellow gold for jewellety
yeap, it's true that this is somewhat for show
but also for membrance sake... though money $$$ is really more practical hee hee
i chose a necklace and bracelet set...
My MIL asked me to choose one more item (earing/ ring), but couldn't find anything i like... so opted out...
hee hee

Amerline,
would be going to TC later in the evening...
can't resist... hee hee

meow

Lkf,
Oh, no lah, i jus came back home at that time and finish bathing after a whole day event.

I think i prefer Fujioh hood. As for hob, i'm lost. I will prefer to get those hob that when turn to smaller flame, the bigger ring will go off ones. Think Fujioh and Techogas can do that. But i dun really like the hob from fujioh cos its too silver. The pan support is silver instead of black

cookiecorgi

hi hi gals...

sorry i have been missing in action for so long... been really busy at work past few weeks.. so didnt have time to come in to the forum. (i normally surf during work.. keke).. glad to see the forum so busy and i guess most of us are getting really excited and counting down to oct 03!!

okie.. some updates.. i changed my wedding date to 15th oct.. it was initially on 9th oct.. so glad i finally settled the date... it was really stressful sorting this out!!

i went thru my fittings and trial... and my photosoot will be on 19th June...this coming thurs!! i am really excited.. cos i dont really know wat to expect... anyway, will see how it goes... i haven chosen my locations yet.. maybe jus let the photographer lead the way...

Wish me luck for next thurs!!

cookiecorgi

oh yes... if you all going for lunch near Raffles place.. count me in too! I work in Sin Land Tower...
happy.gif
)

sleepy

Hi LT

Me cannot bother with bridesmaids dresses...they wear what they like... Still have not book for honeymoon...any good lobang?

Still headache over flower girl dresses...sigh...just came back from Mustafa..still cannot find... I now still finishing up my photo montage..hope it will not cock up on that day...scare powerpoint very slow then the guest will be sleeping half way...hehhe

I also having a speech...I will be saying it instead cos FH said he is shy...hee...as if I'm not...
sad.gif

Still thought of having a gift for my parents but maybe not presenting during dinner...cos my FH not giving to his parents...

wedsoon

Hi MT,
you need not worries as my 1st fitting is on the 30 jul and I am still veri relax..... Maybe I leave everything to my designer...

Bride-to-be
Welcome to this big family.. everyone in this forum is very nice and helpful...perhaps you can join us for the next meeting.

Hi leo,
I think I have a sickness as I think that I am FAT and that's why I will try to go to the gym twice a week.... Your WG and EG is really sexy and it brings out the best of you too.....not fat...

shirlynn

Hi Everyone,

I have to change my wedding date again... now need to change to 28 August 2003.

Meow,

Please help me to do the updating. Thanks!

jus

Hi cookiecorgi,

Glad that you are back!!!
Of course must be excited!!!
Just make sure you get enough rest, yea...
For me the day before, cannot sleep! kekeke

I actually told my photographer the locations that i wanted to have my PS, but of course, he gave some suggestions as well...
we opted for places that we frequent... actually took photos at billy biombers!

eh, how come you have to change your wedding date?

cheers

amore

meow.... ya seen my photos... and I like the ones taken in the beach very much...the beach is dirty... i must admit... the shore is dirty but not the seawater... so the photographer oni take us with the background with seawater.. so wont see the dirty shore...

shirlyn.. wah soo early?... 2 more mths to ur wedding!

meow

Shirlynn,
What happen? Why push your date forward? Is it got to do with your dates or venue of banquet?

Amore,
Oh...today i fill up the places i choose. Put a number of places and then jus let the photographer decide and suggest lor.

Feb,
Believe i'll leave for outdoor at abt 4pm. My indoor will start at 1030am

lkf

meow

oic. thot u r on nite shift.

my friend's hood is fujioh too. she said the suction was gd. unfortunately i can't advise u much on the brands but techogas is quite lasting lah cos my mom is also using techogas. how's the progress of ur reno work?

bride-to-be

mine is close toe, also one colour fit all gown type, so that can save $$$. thanx for the advice on slippers/sandals, muz jot it down in my prep list to remind myself...very impt still though i hv not decided where to go for my PS. i wasted another weekend again...didn't go shopping with hubby as planned, we r juz too lazy n the weather is simply too hot...haiz.

shirlynn

wow...end august. it means tat u hv 2 and half mths to prepare. how's everything so far then, like banquet, ps etc? let me know if u need help, okie.

are

leo29.. no lah, u mixed up liao. tmr is my last fitting for PS, 26 then my PS, but also quite excited lor. had a wonderful time with the tailor tat we made an extra shirt. & tis time we went @ the rite time, no other ppl so he tok & tok to us & gave us loads of tips, plus comments on how to improve my hubby's suit cos the bridal din do a v gd job. apparently, he was with bridal b4 he started his own shop.

oh ya wen.. juz realised tat the shop is actually on the left when u get off the escalator, then turn rite @ the corner, sorrie, mixed up... ;P

wedsoon... oh pls! you are way far from being fat!
happy.gif
think you abt my size leh... & i've been told by my doc to put on weight, cos too skinny not too gd as we grow older, cos women bones not so strong lor. dun worrie so much k?
happy.gif

B

bride-to-be

hi wedsoon

thanks for the invite!i'll be having my 1st fitting this thursday!!very gan jiong!
24243.gif

Have u design ur EG?who's ur makeup artist??

hi lkf

welcome!o..remember to bring along wet tissue cos go seaside,touching the sand & all get sticky hands.

just went to see my 1st PS photos.VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!!!!!!
24244.gif

now,i put all my hopes on the 2nd PS

enya

hi all!!!

so quiet everyone!!!! hey hey, it's less than 6 months to our big day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elaine

Hi gals,

I got a last min project to rush...so I also cannot meet up for the gathering. Veri sorrie about tat
sad.gif

Let's cancel this round since flowee also cannot make it. We'll meet up again when maybe more of us got photos to show...I think also better lah
happy.gif

ok?

D

dk

Meow,
Jus clear my mails please try again. Thanks!

Ikf & Bride-to-be,
Welcome! i'm a little late though...

Some mention Pilates?
Pilates is more on balancing. In Hatha Yago there's some Pilates involved. Dun think it's a fast solution to lost those pound.

Is anyone still looking for shoes for their WG?
I'm still searching...

B

bride-to-be

HI DK

nice meeting u
24252.gif

wat kind of WG u looking for?? i got mine from substance.satin material with some sequins.
all the best for ur WG shoes hunting
24253.gif

piper

sorry lah....busy shopping with the GSS on!

Got some bedsheets over the weekend though we have yet to book our beds...amazing hor.....

now i'm counting down to my PS which is in early July...hopefully the weather will be good...

shirlynn

Hi Amore /Meow / Lkf,

My mum just passed away the previous friday. We have to get married within 100 days or we have to postpone the wedding till three years later.

I am only back to the office today... Now really blur of what to do... I have to re-arrage everything..

Not too sure now what do I need...

jus

Hi Amerline,

Went to TC last evening n bought a CS!!!
(See my posting at TC thread)

Rick mentioned that one of the 2 gowns that you chose has been sold!!!
But the maroon one is still available!

min

Leo29,

You know Orchard Hotel have this promotion: Every 10 table, you get 1 free. When I sign up in end March'03, they dun have this promotion. This promotion start April'03. I called them up, ask them whether can accomodate for my package to have their promotion, they say can't. So disappointed and I am only a week earlier signing up when they lauched this promotion.

feb

Shirlynn

My consolences to you 2. Take care of yourself ya.

Amore

You have your PS at Changi beach so where is your second location. At first I intend to go Changi beach is because my photogrpaher told me there is lalang since Punggol has been redeveloped liao...
But if we were to choose sentosa , there will not be time to go elsewhere lor..so this is the disavantage

Meow

You set off at 4pm huh..then maybe there is a high possibility that we will meet each other..However I pray hard that it will not rain on tat day cos these few days keep raining in the afternoon..sian leh...

leo29

Oh no Shirlynn, very sad to hear this. But you must be strong, Okie.

Min,

Really! But me no heart pain lah becos I signed up last year mah furthermore that time I also signed up their promotion package-Citiback Cr card so I believe i cannot entitle to this promotion.

Bride-To-Be,

So you are another bride that is born in 73'.
happy.gif
, me too. When I go thru the list, I notice the two bridal shop that you signed up with, both are well known and can really produce nice gown. How come you are not satisfied with the first one that you signed up with?

M

mrs

hello...hello ladies!

Sorry for not posting for so long!

My photoshoot is on Wednesday and I'm really excited over it! We went to see Andrew Choi on last Saturday and decided to leave the venues of photoshoot to him. Most likely, I'll be going to the Kallang river and the areas around the Parliament house.

I'm going for my FINAL fitting (phew! This is my fifth!) tonight, complete with all the accessories. Will try and pdate you girls then!

maya

hi ladies, I think I'm most chin chye abt my preparation, maybe bec I really no time, and very very practical, so cut out a lot of frills. Bridesmaid dresses, let them wear what they want, no flower girl, no montage. Speech? I think will say something on that day but I am not going to plan for it, let it be spontaneous, think my FH may need to prepare his....! I got no prob with off the cuff. Haven't plan for honeymoon yet, can't find time, cannot agree with FH where to go and how much to spend, so that's on hold.
Only prepared song list, did wrist corsage, did some own cards (hotel didn't give enuff).....haevn't thot abt program for the day tho am trying to list it out.....

A

amerline

hi jus

good that its sold! less distractions.....can save my money for other uses!

P

putise baby

shirlynn,

my consolences to you... take care and remember, it's because God loves her which is why she's with Him now.
happy.gif

lkf

shirlynn

my deepest condolence on the passing of your mother. like wat leo said, u must be strong n take gd care of yourself.

leo, yve n bride-to-be

so we have more companies now...

jus

Hi Amerline,

Quite true…
Unlike me, have to spend another few hundred dollars…
Sigh…
Somehow just can’t resist…

How? Have you finally manage to choose the photos and negotiate with your bridal boutique?

hello good morning everyone!
start of a new week again .... xianz!

cookiecorgi: huh? can change date so easily ah?
why the sudden change of dates?
dun worry abt your photoshoot.
may i suggest something? collect your gowns 2 days before the shoot, or better still, collect the gowns the day before the shoot and immed bring it down to the studio. On actual day of shoot got many many things to carry!
oh yes, sleep early too!

amerline: yah, must REALLY control myself. he took so many nice pics of us! but really cannot afford $19k, so have to budget. sob sob!

stressed: hahahahaa, you are super funny! you must be marrying either the only son or the only child. either way, the ball is in your court indeed! good lah, at least you have your hub on your side regardless whether your PILs like you or not.

I think i won't be getting the si dian jin coz of all the traditions that i dropped. some more i think my PILs think that i am a very "no nonesense" kind of person, so maybe they think no need to give me si dian jin. Well, it'll be nice to have but not necessary lah (esp when they're paying for the banquet!). Too bad for me lah ...

jus: har? guo da li must have new dress ah?
sorry i dunno coz i won;t be having any guo da li (i dun even know what its all about in the first place!). But never mind lah, now got Great singapore sale. if you come across a dress on a great bargain, just buy first!

great singapore sale ... very tempting!

jus

Hi 1027,

No-lar, not necessary to have a new dress for the guo da li…
As I would not be ‘praying to ancestors’ on my actual day (in Singapore, hometown in KL), would be praying n guo da li at the same time…
Tot would be nice to get one…
Hahaha…
Just an excuse, in a way…
FH said, no more dresses for me! Hee hee…

Yeap, so tempting GSS…
Have not really been shopping, though…
Just buying all the wedding thingy…

amore

shirlynn... sorry to hear dat... my deepest condolences...

Feb... i told my photographer... I want lallang... and beach... so he brought me to the lallang field near Changi outside safra CC then the beach outside safra CC... initially he wanted to bring us to botanical gardens.. but becoz I wanted to go sentosa.. so he brought us to sentosa instead...

even wedding thingys are getting to me !!!
i already have so many outfits for the actual day, and i can still get tempted to buy more!
why? just coz the boutique was having a GSS !
argh .... so hard to stay away fr the sales!

jus

Hi 1027,

Tell me about it…
Same same…
Just want to get more dresses and things etc etc…
Sigh, what to do, girls-mah…

What else do we need to do?
Guest list, itinery line-up, anything else?

C

cherub

Helo girls
Very long nvr post here liao...Think u all forget mi liao....heheh
Mi going for first fitting tis wed...Excited coz dunno how i look like...wish mi luck!

cherubies

Hi all,

LT, like sleepy, won't be having coordinated dresses for bridesmaids. as long as "appropriate dressing" ok. hee hee...

for speech, my fh will be saying. for gift probably flowers. for flower gal dress will try to look around for them. if i can find one nice one this weekend.sleepy, i'll let you know.

my march-in, and recessional songs not done, worship songs, leader confirm but pianist backed out. so may have to resort to cds. program sheets only pending pastor's approval. honeymoon unconfirmed by chanbrothers... invites not out yet. *sigh*

so many things to do...