(2003) Brides of year 2003

leo29

Feb,

Hope so! Actually I'm quite confident with my designer lah. Just hope he don't let me down. I will take some photos and show you'll.

I know how you feel. Just imagine, my PS is in Jul 23 and i'm already feeling excited now. I think me got problem lah, hahaha... Enjoy your PS! And if possible take some photos for us to see,
happy.gif
. Meow PS oso next friday. Maybe you 2 may meet up when doing outdoor shooting!!!!

Yve,

So romantic of your hubby to book a hotel room on your ROM day. You must be enjoying with such a nice scenery plus jacuzzi. When is your PS? You same bridal shop as feb, rite?

are

thanx amore & grace... at least i know i hv 1 less thing to worrie, cos i never tie my hair & dun noe wat is nice or not. i did mention during trial make-up tat i want natural make-up cos i dun usually put make-up. & since i oni doing outdoor PS, she also agree lor.

leo29... have fun at your fitting! rem to show us pics leh! ;P

eh.. juz realised that next wk got 3 PS hor... & crayonshinchan is 1 day before me. ;P

feb

Hi Leo

No lah...You just feel excited mah..Believe all of us here is like tat lor cos this is our zhong sheng da shi mah ...

But hor must admit you very free liao...Hahahaha...
biggrin.gif
Cos you can remember each and everyone PS date and which bridal boutique we have signed up(Just kidding hor..)

shook

Hihi May
Oh yes I separate light color n dark color clothing when washing. I only wash laundry once a week. Light color clothing I have to accumulate for 2 or 3 weeks to fill up my washing machine.
Last Sat n Sun, my hubby chased me to hurry up to leave the hse after he took his breakfast. Boy, I woke up at 5+ to boil porridge 4 him, after dat went swimming. Came home served him breakfast, get ready for lunch, I haven't take my breakfast yet. I boiled
23862.gif
when I heard dat. He said if it is too difficult, dun have to cook 4 him. Boy, I wz so sad n upset upon hearing dat. I woke up at 5+ during weekend to cook n got tis fm him. I refused to talk to him. He v stubborn n refuse to talk to me oso. I had no choice but to wake him up after I cooked lunch 4 him. He wz very happy n start talking to me since I started calling him. Men!!
My hubby never buys me flower except the bouquet for proposal. And dat wz when I said I refused to marry him w/o flower, ring n him kneeling dwn.

Hihi Pausini
My hubby iron his own clothing. He din iron clothing 4 me coz he doesn't know how to iron lady's clothing. Last wk he tried to iron my clothing. Half way gave up liao. Sigh....
U take tis opportunity to make your hubby help wif hse work. Next time no chance liao. Men r like dat one.

Wu la la, now we switch topic to complain abt our hubby. My hubby comes into the forum at times. Die liao. Hack care.

leo29

Feb,

Ya me indeed bery bery free lei. What to do market no good so no need waste my time do sales, hiak hiak hiak ..... My boss sure fire me if he saw this. But tomorrow busy liao, got 1 customer in Singapore so have to bring him around, sian.....

Are,

Ya, Jun quite a nos of you are having PS.

feb

Hi Leo

Then u have to make full use of today to post in this forum lor..Or else tmolo no chance to do tat...kekeke...

But come to think of it, it is good that your PS is in July 03 mah cos you will have more than enough time to get prepared. Mine is like next week then I still have not gone to highlight my hair and doing the facial leh..Very jia lart..Then somemore I have two big pimples on my cheeks..Sian leh...Dunno how I can hide it liao...

jus

Hi Amerline,

Ya-lor…
Sometimes they just bully us, esp when they have nice photos…

How about opting for smaller pix?
Ask for those 5R/4R sizes, just the photos
Then, you can paste them into a nice scrap book/ photo album
(I saw some nice albums at CitiLink, but not cheap (~$64 per album – can’t rem the shop’s name though)

flowee

ladies

flo is back from my ps...
been a pretti fun n tirin daz yesterdaz...
had a bad headache after my ps...
sad.gif

went 2 robinson rd n changi...
happy.gif

keepin my fingers cross 2 view my fotos in 2/3wks time...
hope it will turn out fine...
happy.gif

cherubies

wow confirmed ur europe trip oredi...
happy.gif

gd 4 u...

elaine

hows the gatherin date comin along???
18th or 19th ah???

yi

hows ur paris trip comin along???
any gd news???

hi sweetbuns

i m a sep btb...
nice 2 koe u here...
happy.gif

do feel free 2 tok abt weddin preparations n other stuff...
btw mind 2 do some intro???

pausini

Hi Shook:
He help me to iron also.. i dun have alot of clothes to iron one. most of my office wear is none iron kind. Guys lah, their shirt need to iron mah and he change his shirt everyday so if he dun iron at the end of the week then will have lot to clear the other week or not shirt to wear lor..

My hubby also come in and read my posting when he is free. Sometime when i methim after work, he will complain i complain him in the forum. So i told him that is a place for me to vet my anger mah. If he dun like dun go in and read lor..

Wah u wake up so early to cook for him! Sometime just speak without actual goes thru their brain. U also very good, u start to talk to him 1st. *sigh* still need someone to give and take. we cant expect much like we are in courtship time. My hubby also only buy me flower once. I think on one of my bday. He ask the florist to send it to my office. He said getting flower is a waste of $$. He didnt even get me flower when he propose but he get me a gold necklace that i like very much.

at 5 am i think both of us are still sleeping. we normally wake up at 10am then he will rush to wash the clothes to catch the 12pm sun as the SUN will shine just direct at our clothes.

May: u always very hardworking. always cook for him. I talk to one of my colleague who got married last year. She told me she quit to be a superwoman after a few months. it is too tiring for her to rush back to cook and do all the household chorus. She only iron the clothes she wanted to wear. I thot i always cant do it but after we move in, live together, and till now where i cant tired myself too much. i really understand why she said that...

So i admire u..

yve

Amore,
Yeah, Ritz's view is very good! That's not a jacuzzi, just a bathtub.

Leo,
Hotel I book one lah, with hubby's approval of course.

Got the rest of my ROM pics today. Need some time to shrink them for the internet. Or wait till the next gathering to see lah.

akira

feb, better do your facial asap or not do at all.. cos 2-3 days after facial normally get breakouts esp now everyone is stressed and excited and hyper.
happy.gif

leo, are you getting any galfrens to help you check out your gown? I'll bring at least one good fren with a good eye for detail along to help.. so tat everything can be perfect mah

P

putise baby

hi girls...

hee hee... me MIA for so long, i bet no one remembers me liao...
happy.gif

hi amore, hi leo...
leo, tom you going for fitting ah?? i saw your WG last time when i went for my EG & teadress fitting... very sexy your WG... jit told me all your gowns very sexy one, low back, low front
happy.gif
but he says you very sexy girl so can fit...
can i go down tom to peep during your fitting??

meekoo

hi gals!

been busy over at the other thread... so all may brides married by now!
happy.gif

read some of the latest posting... i agree all men is "pig" and blockhead... hahaha... cos mine also
happy.gif

seldom cook stay about 4-5 bus stop away from my parents, so almost every nite will go back and must c my doggy otherwise i will miss her so much and of cos my parent too... only about 1 or 2 days stay home after work...

i do the washing. i didn't separte the clothings, i use laundry bag to separate them and wash at one go! no problem so far...

iron.... he does his own and sometime help me on some of mine clothing cos i never seem to get some clothing straight! he is grumbling why he get me as a wife.. hahaha
proud.gif

try to learn some cooking through those cookery book now... only 1 or 2 dish lah...

flowers... once - the day before we rom! cos i grumbling never got a single stalk of flower from him before....

feb

Hi akira

Ya lor..Maybe will do my facial before the weekend liao cos me very scare of the two big pimples still there for my PS leh...Have heard of girls saying wat ampoule to be apply during the make up for PS, is there a need to do tat huh?

may

Pausini: i dunno where the rest r. so quiet...Jan has not come in for a long time wonder how wedding went ...she probably honeymooning in canada.

sun is good. but i hardly get any sun for my clothes. plus, my flat is so new that some floors are doing reno that i dont really like to hang it out coz of the dust.

actually yr hubby very good leh...at least he is willing to help you now that u tire easily...let him do the manual work u must take care u know...
anyway, how u feeling har.

really u go back so often to yr IL's place...i think i m the worst. hee...

looks like we all married the unromantic men...

as i say, i enjoy cooking so it is ok. but it will be good to get some praises for the food i cooked. but hubby i must ask him nice or not..he just eat n watch tv...for all the effort put in sometimes it is nice to get praises. but he so stone...
anyway,i dont cook everyday..will run out of ideas what to cook man...

well, when the kids arrive..i dont think i will have the time to cook anymore.

I agree it is very tiring but i still do what i can now loh...later...ask me again 6 mths later...maybe i also same like yr colleague.

Shook: u very good...wake up at 5am to cook breakfast! i would have asked him to go buy himself... i am like pausini...dont wake up till after 10. before marriage, i sleep until 12 pm on weekends. now sat, must go marketing so we wake up at 10 am. even late already...

i really admire u ... u so good... sleep very impt to us...we very piggy...most of the time i wake up before hubby...i have to kick him to wake him...

ur hubby like mine...sometimes we fight ..i got to make the first move to talk to him coz my temper sizzles faster than him...but if i am really angry...i wont talk and then he will email me to say lets end this cold war and ask where to go for dinner...

mine hubby too busy to come in to read what i post so i can complain and complain.

Think i lucky...coz he irons all my clothes..so no complain...

pausini

Hi meekoo,

yah lor, sometime i saw the couple with flowers. I wonder why my hubby never get me one but only after numerous grubble from me. However, it doesnt work sometime too..

U have doggy! i also like doggy but i never own one. Haha .. i think the guys now think they are still marrying the old style of wife! i think they better change their way of thinking.. Sometime got to get them to do the household chorus then they will know how hard is a housewife.

So girls, anyone start shopping during this great singapore sale???

akira

feb, I dun really know abt the ampuole stuff leh. haven't gone to PS yet.

leo, wow, after hearing putsie baby describe also want to see you WG. but now work quite siong.. must take more photos tomorrow okie
happy.gif

akira

Hi putsie baby, long time no hear. dun worry we still remember you.. in fact the other day someone (I think it was leo) mentioned at the gathering tat haven't heard from you in a long while..
happy.gif

amerline, dun be too upset ok?
i think jus gave a very good suggestion ie rather than to print everything 15R, why not buy the extras in a smaller size eg 5R?

to save money, just put the 5R into normal albums lor. 3R and 4R albums easily available from large departmental stores.

what does your husband say?

leo29

Feb,

Then u better hurry loh. As what Akira had said try to do the facial by this week. Me very kiasu, already planned my facial and hightlight date. Don¡¯t worry about your pimples, 10 more days to go. By the time your pimples will be gone. Drink more Liang Cha.

As for the ampoule, it's not a must. Depend on bridal shop and make up artist. They told me it is not true that with ampoule, make up will last longer.

Akira,

Oh..., you oso very free today hor.

Nope, only my hubby will go with me. I'm not so kiasu as you, hahaha¡­¡­ just joking! I not really particular on the workmanship lah, as long overall look nice and I look mei mei on it, that will be fine with me. Anyway the gowns is still belong to the bridal shop. When you going for your fitting?

Hi..... Putise_baby,

Ya, long time never see you here hah. I was just thinking maybe I should drop you an email to tell you my gown is ready and you appeared. Yes, 2moro going for my 1st fitting. Can¡­, no problem you can drop by. Oh you very fast lei, WG,EG and teadress all done liao. When is your PS?

Me sometimes oso drop by FBO to read SL thread. Really want to join in but I still can¡¯t access to the forum. I already have 3 nickname. Maybe I don¡¯t know how to register. Give up liao!

feb

Leo

Thank you hor. At first tot of getting wat ampoule from my beautician but think I give up the idea liao cos never hear my make up artist mentioning this to me leh.Somemore scare put so many stuff on my face more outbreak and worst got rashes. Hahahaha..see you so well planned so think when your time come, sure very "zhai3" one lah...

Enjoy your fitting tomolo hor...

P

putise_baby

hi akira, hi leo...

actually me log on FBO more often now 'coz got quite a few Silver Lining brides there
happy.gif

i've met amore oredi 'coz we work near each other
happy.gif
but have not met the rest of the girls here...

leo, wat time is your fitting tom?? all my gowns are ready but the details not done and they dun really fit well (too loose, which hopefully means that i've slimmed down :p)
my PS only in Aug, so dun noe why jit did my gowns so fast...
happy.gif

amore

leo... haha.. then i can go kaypoh oso?....

me and putise working beary near each other and beary near Jit's place oso... putise's fitting i oso go kaypoh hehehe...

meekoo

hi pausini

i have a lovely and stubbon doggy. now my mun treat her like princess man! haha
happy.gif

GSS! i bought some mphosis and GG5 items but only few not much of good design this time
sad.gif

so bought few mango singlets! very nice design although no sale but the price is reasonable for singlet so bought 3!
rofl.gif

hi may!

u so good cook for your hubby! me hardly even breakfast is prepared by himself! cos i always slower than him then he got no choice but to make himself
proud.gif

we mustn't pamper our men okie! we are the new age women! hahahaha

pausini

Hi May:

Yah yah.. get my hubby to do all the work.
So not all the unit is occupy, then u really have hard time, it can get very dusty. Do u have problem will dusty flooring?

Me now ok! hee hee!! thanks for the concern. But i lose my appetite very easily. I only have appetite to eat in the morning then noon and nite is terrible just cant eat. When i saw fish, it turn me off. Dun know why....

"When kids arrive" are we expecting good news from u soon????

Same here i always have to ask my hubby whether the food is nice especially when i feel it taste horrible. He will tell me can eat dun worry...

Shook: u leaving this sat??

A

amerline

hi 1027

he is the one controlling the wedding budget, if i am the one, definitely blow it a long time ago. he say no point spending so much on photos, rather defray the wedding expenses.

i was complaining to a frd just now and he says photos are non-living, he say he is sure that i will have more valuable photos to keep in future like my honey moon, 1st baby and even 1st grandchild. Photos are just to help us remember/recall the past. Its the memories in our mind that is more impt.

but easy said than done right???

hi jus,

i will try loh....dunno they will let me take majority in 5R or not....sigh....

P

putise baby

amore,

so onz lah... we both go and peep at leo tom then
happy.gif

leo, wat time is your fitting???!!??

leo29

Putise_baby,

I think i will be there around 7pm. To be frank, I was quite worry, afraid he cannot make it. My ps is next mth and he still haven't take my hubby's suite measurement,
sad.gif
. What you do is correct, settle early and you don't have worry.

Amore,

Can.... welcome. You go FBO and chat oso har? I saw your nick there.

amore

leo... dun worry... my hubby oso got his suit done w/i 2 weeks... we collected his suit 1 day b4 PS!... hhmmn 7 p.m ah... will cfm tmrw... ya i oso go FBO chat sometime....

M

mt

Hi Ladies,
I'm very excited too (but HB gets very bored and commented such a huge difference between guys and gals haha, he just can't wait to get it over with).

Just settled,
* More household items (from my mum... she kept ovenware sets for years and never used... dunno whether now then put in oven will explode). She got so many things stored up, like free shopping!
* Guo da li requirements. Only need to convey to MIL. My mum only wants 2 cans of abalone hahaha.
* These tentative dates:
230603-290603
Japan pre-honeymoon trip- HB going on work, thinks can wrangle flier miles for my tix, I have tiny bit knowledge of photography, so will just lug my tripod, camera and DIY an overseas photoshoot! Need to study camera manual to refresh, rusty! And send camera for check-up!
Now sourcing for a heavy elaborate kua complete with chinese headgear.
Cos my MTM gowns don't think can rush in time. The WG train, erm, too long, if I'm going to be running to and fro the tripod. The EG too much work they can't rush
sad.gif
Can't ever find any OTR gowns to fit me, hmm, maybe I "copy" one of my boutique's photo style where the "bride" runs around in jeans, the can-can and a white T.
Actually no point- most shots will focus on the couple against the buildings, end up, more emphasis on the composition and the buildings rather than clothing lah.
=> First gowns fitting! *cross fingers, toes and eyes*

jus

Hi Amerline,

Dun worry so much…
Normally bridal shops would give a bit of discount…
Otherwise nobody would want to buy extra photos…
My photographer told me that the printing cost is less than $15!!!
See how much they earn! – so, I would think that there would be room for negotiation

I think it is important for you to give your bridal shop the impression that you are ‘trying’ to spend more money there – if they dun let you have smaller pix/ or to negotiate further, then give them the impression that you won’t spend a single cent extra there (can give reasons like too many big photos, no use… on tight budget etc etc)
At least, they would not be so resistant to you negotiating for a better price!!!
Hope this helps!!!

Sigh, dun know what I’ll do when it’s my time to choose the photos (seen the photos, but yet to choose them)
There were so many shots that I like…
Like you, my FH would be the one ‘jaga’ the budget!!!

akira

leo, ha ha. today v stressed ah... so gotta take time out from work. not KS.. girl frens will notice the little things then you'll look even more mei mei on the actual day. lucky amore and putsie baby all going by to take a look at your WG. my 1st gown fitting this Fri.. actually also pai seh to ask my frens along cos everyone is v busy with work. but today a good fren actually asked and volunteered to help. *phew* else I blur blur and absent-minded and won't notice if the folds of the gown doesn't fall nicely etc....

leo29

Amore,

1 day b4 your PS!!!! That time you not worried meh? But anyway, your ps is over. I just too kpo. For me i sure scream at my designer.

leo29

Akira,

Is your hubby going with you? Remember to take photos for us to see hor! When is your PS? You never update in the list, huh.

akira

leo, thanks. dun say KPO.. you're just being nice and helpful
happy.gif
hubby will be going but you know men lah... everything also nice.. not nice also dun dare to say cos scared we angry..
biggrin.gif
I'd much rather hear the bad things now then on the actual day! cos will still have time to change. tomorrow if I can get off in time, will go over to your bridal to KPO also. will sms you if I can make it. Oops must have forgotten to update the list -PS on 1 Aug

are

hmm.. so nice, you gals got frens to go. i asked my buddy the other day, but when she heard IMM, she 'err...' & i noe lor. but lucky i still got my lao gong who will give comments, & he is the sort who will not say nice even if i insist its nice! ;P hehe... but thanks to him, i found a nice EG cos he rejected 1 tat i tot passable... like wat wen said... i really bo chap! ;P

btw, amore & grace, wat manicure did you gals do? i can't decide wat colour to use, was thinking of probably doing french since its easiest to match. but i also fancy those stick-on flowers leh...

sannie

eeeiiiii intro.... hhhmmmm let me see... what would you like to know?

my wedding is on 29th Aug 2003.
I am getting married in France (my finace is french)
i will have the ROM in the afternoon in the townhall and the reception in the evening.
the church wedding is probably on 5th or 6th September (one week later)...
There is no PS except the actual day pics.

anything i missed?

shook

Hihi Pausini
I have no choice but to break the cold war as I wz afraid the food will turn cold. I started off by using a twister to pull out the hair on his chin. He woke up wif pain. I laughed n asked if he wanna eat lunch
rofl.gif

My hubby oso said buying flower is a waste of $
sad.gif

Both my hubby n me r early birds. I wake up @ 5+ he wakes up @ 6+ then we go swimming.
I din go shopping. Search for info on Europe everyday till midnight. Very tired.
I m checking in to the airport on Fri 9, flight takes off on sat wee hr.

Hihi Meekoo
Agree! Agree! Agree! Men r PIG! PIG! PIG!
U love doggy
23911.gif
Me too. But I never keep a dog coz my mum v scared of hairy animals.
I separate the clothing as I m afraid the light color clothing will not look like it's original color if I wash all of them together. Dat's wat my mum thot me.
Wow u r a shopping queen.

Hihi May
My hubby oso same kind. I gotta ask him how's my cooking then he praises me. I ask him every meal. I oso dun think I can afford to cook when I have kids. Dat's y I make an effort to cook now.
I m a light sleeper. I wake up early even during weekend. I sleep whenever I m travelling on a vehicle
23912.gif
My colleague said vehicle rocks like a cradle so I can sleep well.
lol.gif
. Big old baby

akira

are, for me I'll stick to French manicure cos classic and goes with everything and you prob won't cringe when you look at the photos years later. those stick-on flowers are cute -- maybe you can save it for your beach party? just my 2 cents
happy.gif

may

Meekoo: yr hubby is very independent which is good. Agree cant spoilt the men. they will take things for granted. cook book is good step to learn how to cook, the most impt thing is interest and mood. but it is good that yr parents r near you. mine is too far to go home except on sunday.

seems that most men dont like to buy flowers. mine i am slowly educating so it is improving but he still refuses to get me flowers on v-day. but i guess it is ok, coz it is so xpensive.

pausini: me...no lah...still enjoying life with hubby only...mayb we will try later this year...dont know yet...hubby wants to enjoy freedom ...he lazy...but i have to tell him i not getting younger...

what u r feeling is the norm..i heard...appetite will improve later and that when u got to watch yr weight...now try not to walk too much...so dont shop too much...

i have been wanting to shop but got no time...i badly need to buy clothes coz some of my old ones are loose...only got some at the GG5 sale and yesterday while on my way to facial, i dropped by at Isetan and quickly bought 2 pairs of shoes.
told hubby this sat i want to go to town to shop...

Shook: oh so exciting u r leaving this fri...so u r all set w yr itinerary and hotels? must take lots of photos ok and do buy travel insurance. Europe flights the luggages always get lost...
so u adn hubby r one of those erly risers...which is good coz ur day is so much longer. the only time i get up at 5 am so early is to catch a flight...even now for work, i get up only at 7 am. and i rush to get out of the hse by 7.45 am.

leo29

Akira,

OK, if you are free pls drop by
happy.gif
Ya ya, my man oso like that. Ask him which is nicer, he will tell you both look nice, vomit blood man. Are is lucky as her hb can give her comment.

Are,

Me too will do french manicure.

yes yes! easier said than done!
my hubster also like dat .... but his control was very good. only ended up buying additional $1100 worth of pictures...

i was initally quite upset at not being able to get all photos in the album also, but you'll get over it and forget abt it quite quickly too. Just indulge in planning the wedding stuff; it'll keep you so busy that you'll forget abt the photos in no time!

try ...

pausini

HI Shook:
Look like most men are very logical especially issue on $$. Which flight u taking, Air France??? That time i when France also at the odd hrs and when they serve food, it is like supper liao. Their wine taste terrible on board. I realise they have instant noodles and normally have to get urself. passenger get to have own mini TV set..
Check in early to get a good seats!

May: u really can educate ur man, not bad. Mine still the same leh...Now i will see when he will get me flower the next time.

yah the feeling is norm but dun like the feeling. Simple exercise is ok lah.. I normally do walking lor, cant always sit or lie down. I dun know my weight yet, last week i weigh is 1kg less than wat the doctor have weigh me. So a bit scare, i didnt for two but i will still try to eat lor.. I think i am so much better than other liao. Now MIL wld call hubby everyday to see whether i eat, wat i eat. *hahaha*

Meekoo: wah u really can shop leh. I keep walking ard but just cldnt find the things i want.

amore

leo... men's suit diff from our gown.... b4 their suit is done they'll have a mock up... so ur hubby will have to go for the fitting for the mock up... so alteration is done during this mock up fitting... then go for another fitting when the suit is done... and their suit dun have beads ah or lace to add... so theirs quite fast....

are.. i did french for both fingers and toes... coz I wear open toes for all my 3 dresses... pink base and white tip... I'll put stick on for actual day... hee

aiya all man are all the same... mine during gown design... the designer drew a few design for us.. I ask me hubby which 1 nicer... he'll always say "Up to u lor.. u decide"...

cherubies

hi flo,
glad u had fun...
don't worry too much, pixs will be great till u not sure which one to select, too much to choose from...
happy.gif

hi sannie, welcome.
wow, france. are u having any wedding activities for your own relatives? have fun ya.

Hi tt77,
hoping to see my fh the night before the wedding day. but i know my mom won't allow =p

sammi

Hi gals,

Amerline, have been reading your thread on your photo woes...one way to save money is to get the smaller prints ones and then go to a normal kodak shop to develop into bigger ones..the effect is equally good. I think paying $85 for 15R is really cut throat. Don't get so upset.

Also, anyone interested to get ROC candies as wedding favours? They can do personalise candies, ie, with couple's name. Its from Australia, Perth..but quite ex, about Aus$500 plus including air freight for min order of 10kg. Check out the website for more info http://www.roccandy.com.au.

cherubies

Hi sleepy,

for wine, really depends on the guests... but i have a very good excuse for not having wine cos no dinner.. hee hee..

my basket is those bare rattan types so must decorate. i will do as simple as possible.

sleepy, how r you doing for your guest book?

stuck in getting one more song, i have : There is none like you, you are beautiful beyond description, in his time... found our pianist.. yipee..