(2003) Brides of year 2003

are

meow/amore/grace... chk with you, wat time does your manicure place close? i may need to work pretty late on the eve of my PS so need someone who can take an appt at maybe 8 or 9pm. me trying to find 1 in tpy oso...

minx

Hi all,

Wow... I envy all of u who had your WG and EG all done up already.. I have yet to go for my first appt and that is in July. Very excited about it too.

Hi sandgirl72,

My actual day photographer is Albert from Everafter.
happy.gif

freesia

Hello everyone....
happy.gif

Hee...everybody seems to mia for so long....including me... :p hope that everybody would be back here.....

I oso would be going for my first fitting this wkend!
happy.gif

meow

Are,
The last time we went there the lastest i a group is about 730pm. Of course you can check with them if they are willing to open so long loh. If you're not in a hurry, i can check with them on thursday. I've made an appt in afternoon. But you must remind me again on Wednesday or sms to remind me but not after 2pm. My hands will be busy then.
happy.gif

grace

kopibean n are...

me, meow n amore go to Indulge at mohd sultan there, above illusion. (previous Orange)
they open quite late... the other time i saw this couple of gals start at 9.00... are, u try to ask them.. most prob they are okie..

u call n ask faster...hehehe =p

min

Hi, meow,

Isit expensive? What are the charges for Manicure? How long does it take? What they do? Have to do it the day before PS? Sorrie, me nvr go manicure before.

leo29

Grace,

I don't know that 3 of you go Indulge for mani and pedi. Orh......, i remember liao, last time one of our gal-can't recall who is that, have free trial coupon and quite a nos of you go with her, rite? Indulge seem to be very popular for brides. There is gals from another brides forum go there for mani and pedi also. Did you signed up their package? How much? I heard their 1 time service for Mani and Pedi is quite expensive.

M

mt

Politely butting in- Are,
Manicure/ ped takes quite long for it to dry properly... if start at 8pm maybe still possible- wear open-toe slippers and be very careful on your way home. Why not 2 days before PS you do it, at least it's nicely shaped. If you "ruin" the nailpolish, then DIY night before PS.

Remember to use thin layer of topcoat for more shine, even with Essie or OPI brands
happy.gif

What I did (for my ROM) is paint them night before, next morning coat with topcoat for more shine. Great! If you are worried about not painting a good job, PS can't tell, as long as nicely shaped and good enough nailpolish job
happy.gif

W

whitely

cin,

sorry for the late reply. my jie mei will make angbao box for me and she hasnt finished making yet :p sorry cant provide picture
happy.gif

Hi all,

thanks for the contribution, my wedding is just on this sunday, YEH!!!

sandgirl72

Hi Renee
thanks for sharing.. how much does he charge for actual day? is it convenient for U to share with me his quote?

Hi Freesia
all the best to your 1st fitting this weekend.. do share with us yr experience, ok

may

pausini: a bit...very sian...these few days the weather so good to sleep in and not come to work...

u must have a hard time waking up to come to work?

i also saw Jazz photos nice studio shoots. i have not time to scan in my studio photos to share w you all. Later...hopefully got time.

pausini

May: I have send u all the link to my actual day pix.

I cant scan my studio pix, cos there is a plastic sheet on the surface of all the pix. Once i scan there is alot of white dot. so i think i show all of u next time when we meet up.

Yah lor so nice to sleep these few days..

meow

Min,
If i didn't remember the price wrongly, its about $20 for normal mani, if use french mani, add another $5. Time huh? Will depends, if its me who can't sit for long and move around, then may take longer. I'll stay there till the nail polish dries up completely(3hrs), else if you need to go ladies huh(that time i did) spoilt one of the nails. You can do 2days before too, but i kiasu, scare it peel off...so one day before for its beauti rather than later i scratch it when working. Eh, they use OPI products also.

Leo,
Amore was the one who has the free trial cupons. Grace and i signed up their package. $100 for 5 session plus free 2 session(mani only).

grace

haha.. i signed the pedi oso.. 7 sessions for $150..
so total is $250 for 7 full mani n pedi.
which comes up tp $35.70 each time.. quite cheap loh.. but tat is becos i sign package. otherwise its $50 or $45 for a full.. call n check.

i did it before my ps n rom oso...takes abt 3 hrs.. as for the late session, Are, u do need to be careful loh.. tats all..

i did spoil my big toenail when i went hm at 10pm n rushed down to redo at 11pm at nite..they still open loh..cos got last customer..

are

grace.. ya, i rem u said tat b4 during the gathering, abt rushing back...

meow/amore/grace... thanx for your advise. i hv decided to take half day & do a slow & gd one, cos my ROM one also din dry properly & din turn out well lor. hubby says want to go with me wo, i doubt he can take the 3hrs! ;P

can someone give me their number? i dun think i'll take the package, cos i probably do it one more time for actual tats all.

cin

Hi Whitely,

Mine is this sunday too!
happy.gif

So you all prepared yet? Me still have many little little things to settle...sigh

genie

hihi,

I'm new here.. my wedding day is 27/12. Anyone with the same date? Me only settled on my WG... still shopping around for my EG. Most probably will get a seamstress to sew. Unless anyone has recommendation as to where to get nice EG

tingting

hi everyone,

i'm another mia girl who's come back! been quiet recently cos not much development...now busy with the house reno...finally gone for my measurements for the WGs...think it'll be quite some time before I can go for my first fitting! been taking leave to do the housing stuff...think my boss must be really surprised to see me taking so much leave...
lame.gif

meow

Are,
Their number is 6732 6698/6732 3661 I prefer Jane, her french mani is good. Got steady hands. She's also a small boss with the company along with Sarah Tan and cannot remember who liao.

are

hi meow... thanx, i intend to do french mani also, but toenails too short so juz normal lor... will ask for jane tomorrow.

gals... i need a favour. would anyone still hold an antique calculator, Casio MG-880? it has a game that you hv to solve with multiples of tens, and give out a funny sound when you score. its pretty old, abt 15yrs ago. i'm willing to pay for it also.

D

dk

Shirlyn,
Greatest Condolences..

Besse,
Thanks for the info. Ay yah, I've been busy lately with work & haven got time to go grab for GSS..i must really find some time to do shopping before all the prices go back to normal.
Heard that GSS will last till end July ...is it?
(Hee! i'm really lost...cos i've been so busy at the office by the time i reach home...it about 12am...)
I'll try my luck for the shoes over this weekend .

B

bride-to-be

hi kopibean

so sorry miss ur msg earlier :p
i had the 1st PS & the 2nd will be on 26/9 with studio d'fia & u?

freesia

Hi Sandgirl72,

No problem....shall update u gals next week!
happy.gif

Actually, I have postphoned my first fitting many times already....Now quite excited....Dunno how the gowns would turn up.....

kopibean

hi grace,meow

thanks for the info on the manicure.
wow,have to sit for 3 hrs?
if the manicure is done, can i just leave the place?

hi bride-to-be,

my ps will be on 4/7...very soon..;-p

clyne

hi gals,

It's been a long, long time since I came in..
I'm going to be jobless soon..my company closing down..=( Now looking for jobs..
sad.gif

amore

are... heee i deen come in yest leh... so did not see ur question on manicure... so deen help u on anything leh hehehe... but for me.. i would prefer to do oni the day b4... which is what I had done... i took leave just to do mani/pedi.. and u shld give the thing to dry completely.. b4 u go to sleep... else will spoil the nails...

kopibean... preferable sit there and let it dry as long as possible.. coz normally the top is dry.. but not inside... as they apply like 4 coats... 1 base coat, 2 coats of colour then 1 top coat... if not completely dry... when u knock on something or scratch it, it will spoil the nail....

clyne.. ooh dear... saw SY the week before... but nebber hear her mention anything leh...

P

putise baby

hi girls...

amore.. you go to indulge also ah??
happy.gif

meow & grace... me also go indulge... the other owner of indulge is amelia.. i got to know her at FBO.. alot of FBO brides go to indulge
happy.gif

when i go for my mani+pedi, i usually ask for clara... she's v good in french too... and so sweet.. really knows how to take care of me
happy.gif

clyne.. wat happened?? how come your co closing down?? have you started looking for new job?

P

putise baby

amore.. next fri, wat time?? me also thinking of going to do mani 'coz going for fren's wedding next day...
happy.gif

clyne

due to some core biz issues..we knew it abt 1 month b4 and now everyone busy looking for jobs, playing games, chit chatting etc..everyone now like bo chap liao although need to hand over projects to whoever(companies) interested in taking over..

so sian..dunno whether can find a job in this current economy situation..=( worse come to worst, just concentrate on wedding preparations and house 1st...

amore

putise... i had made the appt @ 6:30... my SIL oso getting married the next day leh! dat is why i going for my mani and pedi...

P

putise baby

clyne...

yeah.. job market still v tight now so will be harder to find..
sad.gif
but you never know, so dun give up
happy.gif

P

putise baby

amore...

wah!! 28 June must be a good day for wedding then
happy.gif

me haven't made appt yet... who you asking to do your nails?? i may arrange for same time, then we can go together
happy.gif

erin

hi gals,

sorry for not coming in for so long. been very busy recently with work (posted out to school liao. finally, finished my course. yeh!) and meeting up with friends.

have just went for my photoshoot on sat. went to tanah merah (lalang and some trees) as well as the beach near it. it was enjoyable. photographer kept on cracking jokes. Relieved that it's over. can focus on other stuff such as reno liao.

vin

HI Pausini,

My hubby put on on b4 we married! worse rite?? and me slim down a bit on and off... or maybe is bcoz my hubby put on weight so I look more slim...:p

Hi May,

How are you??? yeah.. weather is good to sleep yet need to wake up early... me alwys late these few days...

grace

hi putise baby...
me oso have clara...
she very good with french... there is this new girl called rachel.. she did very nice french as well for my girlfren...

pausini

HI Vin,

both of us put on b4 married but after that i lost 2kg. My mum said my face look thinner now. However, hubby never put on weight on his face he only put on at his tummy and wist.

So whenever, he wore a singler i will tease him. He said i never eat always push the food to him so he put on alot..

So quite these days. really hope all the girls will be back soon.

Now even not raining i also dun want to wake up.. So nice in bed..

leo29

Amore and Putise,

You two very Ho2 Mia3 hor. Attend wedding also must go and do Mani+Pedi. I always do it myself,
sad.gif
Bo2 Rui1 lah. So far I only do it when ROM, next will be PS and actual day only.

So many tumb up for indulge huh. Thinking of going but.... very far lei.

amore

putise... ya think so...coz my SIL got look for date one...... me now not in office leh... in Boon Lay... oso dunno 6:30 can rush down anot... hmmm... mine first mani there was done by Sarah.... then later by Pauline... my PS french mani+pedi was done by her... not bad oso...

leo... not ho mia... is already sign package mah... paid already... so must use... got event just go lor...

are

amore... i agree shd let it dry lor. so finally decided to take half day to go in the afternn, less ppl then.

amore & putise baby... maybe you r attending the same wedding??? ;P

hv already made appt for next wed. thanx gers! ;P

crayonshinchan

hey girls.. sorry to butt in ah... haven been coming to the forum for a long time.. having a headache trying to read the posts....
anyway, if u pple are lazy to wait for the nails to dry, i have a fren who does free lance mani and pedi.. she goes to ur plc to do for u.. of cse since its house call, of course dont have all the frills tat they have in the shops la.. i tried her out and the skills are not bad lor... can give u all the contact if u want.. ur hubbies will be happy to be able to sit at home and watch soccer while u do ur nails.. ahhahaa...

btw, where to get cheap and good wedding shoes now? hehee... lazy to scroll up and check... and wat else have u all done? I HONESTLY THINK I AM THE LAZIEST BRIDE HERE!!!
embarrassed.gif

bride-to-be,
i signed up the same bridal shop as u, is it really tat bad? i am worried cos i will be doin my PS next wed...

P

putise baby

leo... me same as amore.. sign package leh, might as well use rite :p and not far leh.. v near to jit's place... go before you collect your gowns for your PS lor
happy.gif

amore... your SIL not call candy rite?? my fren who's getting married on 28 Jun is called candy
happy.gif

you know pauline has left indulge... heard she went back to her banking job...

Grace... my fren tried rachel for pedi before... she complains rachel too rough... nearly scrapped her feet bare
sad.gif

may

Hi Vin, i wish mu hubby will put on weight like yr then i dont have to be so conscious abt my weight...

He belongs to the skinny gene and he doesnt really eat very much...sian...

me..lost weight for the wedding and now trying to maintance the weight...which is really difficult...after wedding, i just want to snack on the things that i have been abstaining b4 wedding...sigh...

Pausini: ya lor...very quiet...really u lost weight?

I got to post my ROM pixs for u all to c, my face was so round. I was actually very surprised. I didnt feel very round then leh...but if u compare w the studio photos ..can tell diff man...but hubby looks the same...sigh...

very upset to learn that the NEL they not opening Buangkok station...how can they do such thing...Buangkok station is actually very near me. i am one of those few pple living there...so sickening...

B

bride-to-be

hi crayon

which bridal shop u mentioning??

hi all

May i know the address of the place for meni

kopibean

very kan jiong now rite??

amore

putise... hee nope my SIL is not call Candy... diff person liao... where is ur dinner? mine @ RTP.. ooh deen noe Pauline left... coz the last time i went down to indulge was the day b4 my PS... hmm maybe the working hrs too long lor... hmm dunno who will be doing my mani+pedi next fri...

leo.. i tried doing it at home oso... but i duck legs duck hands... dunno must redo hoooow many times then nice nice... so aiya pay pple to do for me... hehehe

ava

wah
happy.gif

all the novas getting ready to be pretty pretty
happy.gif

i go for al chepo DIY pedi & mani
happy.gif
'cos budget budget budget ;) but envy lah
happy.gif
those who can do it ;)

hey clyne *hug*
if you can afford to take it easy for a while it'll be a gd idea to just concentrate on the reno and wedding prep
happy.gif

remember to stay focus and know what's impt for you okie
happy.gif
only you will know
happy.gif
and of course... Pray Pray Pray
happy.gif
it really work ;P
take care
happy.gif