(2003) Brides of year 2003

meow

Shirlynn,
My condolences to you 2. Feel free to let me know if you need any help too.
happy.gif

DK,
I've sent the mail to you liao.

Feb,
Same same, me also hope it won't rain. Rain also hope it rain in the morning like today.
happy.gif

Lkf,
Thanks.
happy.gif
Yeah hear comments on the hood is quiet(true, i hear it lor) and suction is strong. Technogas is an old brand. Me still looking lor. But if i dun take package, it won't be very cheap leh, especially if its 2 diff company

hmm, actually i think the main things would be guest list, programme, buy wine / liqour, song list, appoint photographer / videographer, helpers list of things to do, appoint caterer (lunch / church), honeymoon etc. maybe start to prepare the ang pows also?

some things that can be done in advance should try to do first, else last minute alot of things to do.

at this point, some of us may be interested in doing montage, so got to start looking for friend / professional to work on it early, or else DIY lor.

i thot must start looking for honeymoon already.
actually looking at my wedding expenses, i may just end up in kusu island for a day-trip honeymoon! hahahahhahaha!!!

stressed

Jus ahh...

Allure at Raffles City got sale and their dresses are very nice. Some are nice enuff to be ROM dresses or fancy dinners. If not for the ga-zillion people in the shop, I would have walk way wif some meself !!!
biggrin.gif

1027, hee hee ur rite. Ah Lau is the oni child. hee hee....but when they're old, we have to take care. hiaz...what to dooooo....

cherubies

ok. july's brides:

sparrow - 5 Jul (australia), 10 jul (singapore)
LT - 6 July 2003
sleepy - 12 July 2003
Maya - 17 July 2003
Mae - 21 July 2003
Cherubies & nite gal - 26 July 2003

let me know if i left out anyone.

leo29

Feb n Meow,

Touch wood lah but if it's raining, you can ask them postpond to other day. Just that have to compensate them abit of $$$.

feb

Leo

Dun want lah...If postpone still have to prepare again like gg for mani/pedi then still have to take leave...Very troublesome leh..Somemore compensate them for wat..Not our fault mah..Is the weather wat...

Amore

So you mean you got went to Changi beach n sentosa for your PS ...Got time to go to these two places huh...

leo29

Feb,

Don't scare me lei, so big reaction. Guess you will give me a kick if i'm standing right in front of you. Hahaha.... just kidding!

jus

Hi 1027,

Yeap, I m also trying to plan for my honeymoon,
Wanted to go somewhere further, but sigh… no more money liao, esp after buying so many extra things…
I m also getting EG for both my mom and MIL…
Just a token of appreciation…
But, that also increases the expenses… sigh…

It’s Monday…
Feeling blue… ; (
Can’t wait for the weekend to come…. Hahaha and it’s only the beginning of the working week…

feb

Leo

Hahahaha...No lah...I wun be so bao li one lah...Me so xi wen ....Hee Hee..
embarrassed.gif

But come to think of it hor..If postpone I really faint leh cos is like still have to rearrange everything again..So pray hard it wun rain lor and like wat meow said if want to rain also in the morning lah...

leo29

Feb,

Halo....., spelling mistake, shld be 'Si' Wen not 'Xi' Wen. Ai yoh, now then i know you so thick skin one, really Buay Pai Seh huh!

Ya lah, it's true nobody want to go PS 2 times. Very troublesome-make up, hair do..... Ok, I will pray hard for you two.

maya

who's sparrow? Next earliest is LT, wow, quite near hor? Somehow I don't feel the heat yet, maybe when Jul comes then panic...

cherubies

hi maya,
sparrow used to come in earlier. now she's not around. see earlier thread (archived).

ya first on the list is LT. that's why she's stressed.

min

Shirlynn,

sorry to hear abt that. Take care.

Leo29,
The current promotion is in addition to the Citibank card promotion ler

hi jus: yah, me too! can't wait for the weekend!
terrible lah .... economy is so bad yet all i can think of is weekend & wedding preps. sigh ... still got 4 more days to go.

what do u have in mind for honeymoon?
read in the papers that US is having monkey pox now.
Initially wanted to go US but coz of (A) monkey pox (B) weak S$ and (C) broke , maybe not going...
but still must think of somewhere interesting to go yet cheap. Hmmmm......

Allure at raffles city quite nice, but sometimes their stuff can be quite un-wearable. Dunno ... maybe its just my taste that differs from theirs. I think it depends on the season; sometimes i can get v nice dresses fr there, sometimes nothing suitable, not even one.

feb

Leo

Ya hor...hahahaha...dun like tat mah...Monday blue wat...Eyes still not fully opened mah..Hee Hee..I where got thick skin..No lah...If thick skin hor..I wun have those two big pimples popping up liao mah..Now left a mark there..

amore

feb... ya went to the two places for my PS...er actually 3.... coz the lallang field and the beach beary near... yup got time... we left the studio at abt 3+... back to studio at ard 7...

jus

Hi 1027,

Yeap, that’s what my FH told me as well…
Fancy thinking of me spending money when times are so bad…. Hahaha

Actually, I should really get out of this cycle…
Before we decided to get married, I have always warned myself to fall into the ‘wedding’ trap (as in wedding focus, but not marriage focus)
Somehow, now, I find myself just concentrating on the wedding prep…
Should really work on building the relationship instead of merely preparing for the wedding…
Sigh…

Do you face this problem?

hahahahaha jus! My exact sentiments!!!
the wedding is supposed to be a celebration of our getting together, but i'm trapped in the craze of perfecting the wedding!

i think i'm ALREADY in the trap.
some expenses are totally uncalled for, but becoz its once-in a lifetime, i end up succumbing!

jus, you went to Penang for your PS with Albert right? have you chosen your photos?
what was your damage on additional photos?

B

bride-to-be

hi shirlynn

My deepest consolences to you & ur family.MY FIL oso passed away on march this yr,then my MIL wanted me to marry within 100 days.i was so lost at tat moment.then i went to the geomancer you long zi to get a date for the big day & he actually told me tat dun need to be in 100 days as long as we r wearing "ha" after the funeral & no tablet place at home(we put it in the temple)
Anyway..my advice is dun get to anxious abt wat to do.it'll end up like me having 2 wedding package
sad.gif

hi sweetie

not the fitting is the PS

hi leo

we'r the 73 gang..hahaha
24307.gif

sorry...which 1st one u r toking abt?the one b4 BV & TC?tat's bcos.....sigh....dun say it here..

hi lkf/yve/leo

now...i dun need to feel like a "old" bride anymore

hi meow

where did u get the ang bao box & the cake topper???

hi amore

the PHotos r worst then wat i expected!
24308.gif
not properly taken,my hubby's face is so "white",overall..it's is terrible
24309.gif

chicory

Hi Mrs Quake and ladies,

Me too long time did not post here. Mrs Quake, today is your final fitting, so fast. How was your trial make-up? I have completed my gowns designing, waiting for first fitting in July. You must be really excited about your PS on wed, must share with us your photos, really keen to see Dang's designs for you and Andrew Choi's works too.

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

Been busy reading all postings... *almost got a headache*
You guys seem to be getting things done but not me.. so sad...
Why you guys dont go for aqua aerobics?? I have joined & starting on 9/7/03.. Maybe you guys can consider...
My first fitting is on the 10/8/03... got 1 & 1/2 months to lose 10kgs.. hais...

Shirlynn,
My deepest condolences.. Please take of yourself

leo29

Min,

It's our luck! Too bad!
sad.gif

Bride-To-Be,

Can I call you Bride? Your nick very long lei, lazy to write lah. Orh.... so not BV or TC, i mean the bridal shop that you originally signed up with and not satisfy with them. Maybe you can pour your anger on the Novas-Yahoo.

ava

*HUG*

Shirlynn I'm sorry to hear the news, my condolences and sympathy to you.
let us know if we can help you anyway.

take care okie
happy.gif
*hug*

jbride

hi gals,

yeah, this thread has been so quiet for a while...i guess everyone's bz with fittings & PS ya
24319.gif

My gown design is almost done & will be going for measurement soon...My 1st fitting will be in Jul too...

btw, enya..have u decide on where to make the men's suit? are u going to tessuti?

yeeks, i just sent my gowns for dry-cleaning.
suddenly it dawned on me that i have just given the laundry man several thousands of dollars worth of clothes, and all i get from him is an invoice.

worse still, the invoice clearly states that the max liability of the dry cleaner is 10times the dry cleaning fees or $200, whichever is lower.

wah liew, each of my outfits cost more than $200!!

my only consolation? that the dry cleaner was highly recommended by my bridal boutique.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong with any of the items, else i'll be left high and dry (and naked too!) for the wedding day.

jus

Hi 1027,

Yeap, I m with Albert..
Nope… have not choose the photos yet…
Dun dare to… hahaha…
Have look at them… quite happy with the result…
Dun dare to think the $$$ hee hee

Agreed agreed…
Once in a lifetime kinda thingy…
But my mom always remind me that there are a lot of other once-in-lifetimes (first kid, first house etc etc) sigh…
See-lar, mom also trying to curb my spending kekeke

besse

Shirlynn

Sorry to hear of your mom.. take care. . and don hesitate to gimme a ring to ask for help if you need. k!? take care gal!

Amore

Wah.. go so many places and so far apart1 ;) hehe.. siong le.. i lazy, think will take in my hotel suite (indoor and aircon) and then one more place enuff liaoz.. i hate the hot weather

Meow..

Howdy?! chosen your gown? ID how? we prob decide to go for WhiteSpace.. whew..

DK

I just bought my shoes for the WG on Sat.. white satin covered toes shoes. Got from Paradox.. can try there if you want.

Gals.. so go PS muz take another pair of shoes isit? hmm.. open toes sandals can hor? haiz.. so ma fan!!

hawhawhaw! your mum seems to know what you're thinking huh?

wise advise actually. we have many more once-in-a-lifetime things ahead of us.

yah, i'm also kinda putting off my photo selection coz i know its going to be tough. sigh ... i want everything yet i can't afford it. headache ah! the $$$ is the BIGGEST headache!
if i had a wish now, its to have all my chris ling photos in the album!

(see how shallow i can get over vanity?!?!??? i'm trapped!)

amore

leo... aqua aerobics is done in the water.... so u kick and punch in the water....

besse... hehe photgrapher deen complain leh...

meow

Bride-to-be,
The angbao box is from Thailand. The caketopper i make myself beside the figurine which i buy from ebay.

Besse,
Haven't sign on the dotted line yet. So is Whitespace good?

leo29

Me just down went down to Leapin Lizard to have my shoe fitting. Look nice! Will be collecting it next Monday. Will post and let you'll see.

Amore,

You expert lei! Can tell me the different. No wonder you call Amore, the fitness center you got share or not. Hahaha......

jus

Hi 1027,

Yeap yeap…
Must find ways to cut down on other things liao…
Otherwise, both our FH very cham… hahaha

tiara

Hi All

I haven't been in this thread for some time..... howz eveyone? Seems like all quite ahead of me, my first fitting of WG is early July but have yet to decide on the color, material and design of my EG
happy.gif

B

bride-to-be

hi meow

too bad my SIL went back to bangkok liao can't let her noe how it looks like.i oso like the wrist corsages..how to do it?

meow

Bride-to-be,
Your sis frequent go to BKK is it? Wrist corsage is pretty easy. Jus prepare the ribbon and flowers either glue them on the ribbon or sew them on.
happy.gif
You go prepare your materials first lor

B

bride-to-be

meow

i just went to the other thread n i think i have a rough idea on the DIY
happy.gif

o..yes.She's a thai

sunnyling

Hi gals

Been quite bz to log in and left msg but I do read all the msg here. Keep the thread moving ok . But if you gal talk abt MJ you will see me here again ahahaha.

Shirlynn

Sorry to heard abt the new, take care of yourself.

jbride

hi babydoll,

yeah, my WG will be a variation of the grecian style gown & I luv the EG design too
24351.gif

When's your fitting? ya, i'm getting very xcited
24352.gif

sandgirl72

hello everyone...
our tis thread has been quiet for some time liao.. great tat it's coming back alive...

i hv went to try on my WG n EG some 2 weeks back.. going down 2molow nite to see the design for my MTM WG and EG.

Mrs Quake..
how was yr final fitting last evening? can see the finished WG n EG.. must share with us yr photos when ready, ok?

juz curious, who did U engage for yr actual photography?

pausini

Hi girls,

how is everyone.

Saw Jazz pix, very nice...

I got problem uploading my pix file in the hosting website. Once ready will send all the link.

Meekoo: changing job. Good luck to u..

Vin: Normally guy will put on weight after marriage.

May: U busy har??