(2003) Brides of year 2003

ava

meow meow
happy.gif

enjoy the fitting tomorrow
happy.gif

akira

leo, 5-inch shoes how to walk? plus the wedding gowns are heavy. 4-inch still looks v siong leh.

btw anyone knows what shoes to wear with cheongsam?

sweetie, I hope wat your bridal told you is not for all.. else I'll have no accessories to wear.
happy.gif
told my mother and MIL not to bother with buying jewellery cos I prob won't wear.

leo29

Meow,

Sunnyling can make it on 6 only, not 13. You blur liao hah! Too happy over tomolo fitting!!!
Yesterday read too fast lah, so cannot remember properly. Today is you going out with grace they'll.

6 (Fri) - Meow, Amore, Besse, Leo, Grace, Akira, wedsoon, Are, Min, Wen, Feb, sunnyling
Total : 12

13(Fri) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo, Grace, wedsoon, Are, Ava, Min, Wen, Feb
Total : 11

14(Sat) - Meow, Amore, Yve, Leo, lkf, Grace(after12.30), Wedsoon, Akira, Are, Ava
Total : 10

28(Sat) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo, lkf, sweetie(morning),Grace, wedsoon, Akira, Are, Ava

Sweetie,

Y, they don't want to lent you their accessories or you just checking only

Wouldn’t be buying jewelry so early. Maybe 2-3 mths before wedding. Like Feb, hoping the gold price will go down. Now very ex lei, 23.5
sad.gif

leo29

Akira,

Was quite worry oso but what to do tall wear gown then nice nice mah. I'm collecting my shoe late next mth so i still got 5 mths to practise walking on that shoe, hahaha.....

shook

Hihi Kare
I went to Kinokuniya Bugis juz now. Can't find French Without the Fuss by Living Language. There were 3 different kits tho. I bought French for Beginners or those who want a thorough view by Living Language. Happened dat someoned opened 1 of the boxes. I browsed thru the course book n find it pretty simple. Bsides it is the cheapest among the 3. Both Pausini n u v gd. Can pronounce French. Do u speak French in Singapore?
Many ppl told me French r v stuck up. U gotta speak a little bit of French (broken one ok) then they r willing to help. U v lucky to meet so many kind soul. Muz b bcoz u have a sweet n friendly look
happy.gif

Sure sure we meet in July after I come back fm honeymoon. We can share photos wif each other. I went 4 health screening tis morning. Met a nurse fm Belgium. She advocated me to go Italy. She said Italy has many beautiful places. Wow, u going there 4 honeymoon. I drooling liao.

Hihi Pausini
Ai say man, I drink mineral water only. I dun drink coffee n wine. Cham liao.
Gd dat u tell me the plastic bag practice there. I muz remember to bring lots of plastic bags fm Singapore. I love bread mamamia
kiss.gif

Pls pour in the tips u have on France-Paris.
I thot of bring Tshirts n jeans. Looks like I gotta bring something more presentable huh. My hubby always wears Tshirts n jeans when not working. Oh boy...

M

mrs

Hello Everyone!

Sorry! Haven't been checking this thread for a long time! Good to see so much updates here!
happy.gif

Sandgirl, both my hubby and I are fine now. Thanks for your concern!

I'm due for my 'final' fit with trial makeup at Dang this Friday at 6.30pm by Kelly Chavel. I hope everything will go well! Let you ladies know when I finish with that.

Sunshine and Renee, don't worry too much about your gowns and ps....it's still early actually. Plenty of time.
happy.gif
I'm the one who is early in doing all these stuff now. Hope that I didn't frightenyou all too much!

Jbride, must concentrate on you house now or else the reno don't turn out the way you want it lagi jia lat! Remember, whatever you do is more or less permanent and so this is definitely more important than your dresses for the moment.

Happybride, you are right in avoiding the same color of the waiters' uniform...don't think you want to look like their 'captain', right? Hehehehe....

What about a nice shimmering blue for your EG? It should bring out your fair complexion? I like the color blue a lot and so my EG is also blue. *hiaks...hiaks*

min

Meow,

Txs. Saw picture. I dun like either. Too woody feeling.
Just to update you, I can't make it for gathering on 13th. 6th no problem. If majority opt for Saturady, Then I try to arrange to accomodate lor.

wen

Hi Leo29
I went to International Plaza during lunch. Hoping to find a nice pair of silver shoes in Paradox London. Too bad, their silver look very dull. Like their ivory wedding shoes but dont know what to do with them after wedding.

Also went in to Leaping Lizard. According to them, for 4 inches shoes, need to have platform. If dont want platform, can only go for max 3.5 inches. What about yours?

cath

Hi kk,
ya.. must stay in tip top condition... i'm so desperate to lose weight now...
sad.gif
am now trying to find kaki to accompany me to take up the amore package.. im so scared that i will turn up round round in the photos for my PS... sigh...sigh..
sad.gif

Anyone interested here?

sandgirl72

happybride, since U got fair complexion, perhaps U can try lilac color which is quite close to light purple color.. i had this color for my ROM dress.. it does compliment with our complexion.

sunflower26, wat defects is there to yr new house? have U inform HDB about it? don't get so stressed up my dear friend.. relax, ok. U still have time.. don't worry..
mrs quake, long time no see U around.. U r welcome.. nowadays maintaining good health and strong body is very important. U must be excited about yr 'final' fit with trial make up.. do keep us inform.

glad to see this thread moving again!

lkf

leo

me really "pei fu" u, can wear 4 inches. me very clumsy, walk on flat sole also can sprain my ankle. am still thinking how to cope with the 2.5 inches shoes which i intend to make from pedal works :p

sweetie

i think u can still loan the accessories from the bridal shop for ur actual day if u really like them although it may be the norm that brides wear their own on the actual day. but must u pay for loaning the accessories from them?

anyway dun hv to worry so much abt not having sets of earrings etc. u will find something u like when u go shopping with ur mom...

meow

happy gown fitting tommorrow. remember to ask ur hubby to bring camera n take pictures for us 2 see..ya

happybrides

hi mrs quake/sandgirl72

thanks for the advise...
i really can't decide which one, it's seems my thought still lie on bright red! arghhh... i thought abt gold, beige, brown or light greens perhaps???

anyway jus wanna know where are all the dec brides going for honeymoon??? share if u wan..
happy.gif

amore

wahh... today soo many posting... see until eyes "hua hua"...

sweetie.. hmm thot normally bridal shop will loan u the accessories? if they say actual day u need to get ur own... wat abt PS?

meow... enjoy ur fitting tmrw...

sweetie

Amore,
My bridal shop will loan during PS. I am not sure if I need to pay if I want to loan for actual day.

gals,
my house is ready and I have not shift in. We can arrange to make corsages at my place.
happy.gif
Its at sembawang...

stressed

Wah! I oso MIA for sometime and when i came back wah..so many messages! Everyone seemed to have gone for their PS. I haven't.
sad.gif
Mine is oni on the 14th July. Now I'm worried that the album cannot come out on time. Must check wif my bridal. I have gone for 3 fittings now. The dresses look ok.

Jus, have u contacted Sharul from Raffles? I have not arrage anything wif the hotel.

KK, I love ur CS. Very "chio".

wendyl

hi everyone,

Me not sure whether gtg for honeymoon anot?

By the way,how many jie meis do u intend to have on actual day?
I am thinking to have 2 frds,but dun kn it's alright to have 3 persons in fotos( cos plus mi mah)?

Wendy

vivace

hi seashell
u welcome!
happy.gif
happy for u oso! glad tat ur photo turn out to be good as well... btw, which bridal u sign up wif?
happy.gif

hi minnie
i went to sentosa... within an hour, i went to 3 spot... the old building, the beach and the tree... so, when is ur PS?
happy.gif

sunflower26

huh..........no $$ to go lah.....thnk save up next yr then thnk again loh......
hi sandgirl...
havn inform yet...thnk hav to reply to them by next mon...cos 1 wk to sort out the defects loh...
got any good tailor or seamstress to recomd??
me got a low budget..bt would like to sew a dress for my sis n mum for the dinner.. n dad a suit n for my bro a pair of pants.... =P

christmas

hi sunflower,

Daniel at Men's Tradition #03-27 Peninsular Shopping Center is very reasonable price and great worksmanship. We made the men's suits there.

My Mom & future MIL bought the same material and would be making similar looking outfits for our wedding
happy.gif

I'm sort of intending to sew the bridesmaids dresses and flower girls dresses myself if I've the time.

jus

Hi Jady,

Glad your fitting turns out fine!
Now, must be waiting for PS rite?
Excited? Would be very fun!

Wah… Finally finished with all your reno stuffs…
Considering the timing, you are pretty fast!!!

I wanted to paint his room, but still have yet to do so…
; (
just a question, is there any diff between ICI and Nippon?
Which is better?
We are thinking of DIY (save money!)

Hi stressed,

I have not meet up with Sharul yet…
But, I supposed now’s the time to get the invitation cards ready
Have you choose yours from AWT?

stressed

Hi Jus,

For my home, we were not particular abt the brand but we made sure that the paint is washable one. To us, that's super important!

No leh. I have not choose the cards yet leh...u leh? Maybe we should both go and meet Sharul together, scare him wif our guerilla tatics and bargain for more freebies.
lol.gif
Wait he buay tahan us!
rofl.gif
But seriously, when are u planning to call him? Me planning end of June. What do u think?

leo29

Wen,

Ya, got platform. I don’t like it also, look very Chor Lor but no choice lei without the platform, our leg is going to have a tough time. I think maybe by dinner time, you already have difficulty in walking. Ai yah, you’r tall, 3.5 inch is ok already lah.

Sweetie,

So you mean they don’t want to loan you? How about actual day, morning becos u mention dinner only. That time my frd married, her set was from her bridal shop. But not sure FOC or need to pay renting fee. My bridal shop told me they will provide me so I assume actual day also include. Must check with them when I go for 1st fitting.

Lkf,

I very hiao, wear high heel can Niu my Pi Ku mah. So my normal working shoe normally 3 inch, addition 1 inch shouldn't have problem for me
happy.gif

K

kk

Hi Leafy,

I am with Wedding Affairs. yah, got back all my photos and i top up around $1800. 50 pics in mag album. This is the main album. These 50 on the web will be in another long mini album
happy.gif

Didn't regret topping up as i can't sacrificed any photos! i like them a lot
happy.gif

wen

Hi Leo29
My skirt is v big so must wear higher heels then wont look round round... at least must have 3.5 inches (9cm). If more than 4 inches, must ask husband to wear platform shoes liao... ha ha..

sandra

ME AUG 03 too!!! my wedding is on the 29th.

And boy is it scary!!!! only 3 months to go.....

all the planning is driving me mad.....

minx

Hi Sunshine,

Nice to know another BV bride here ;p. Who are you taking for PS? I'm with Kim.
happy.gif

Hi Mrs Quake,

I'm very excited about my first appt in mid July.. actually I am not that worried but can't wait... hee hee...

meow

Oops, Sorry Sunnyling. My eyes tired lah thou i know you dun wan 13th. Pai seh.
blush.gif

6 (Fri) - Meow, Amore, Besse, Leo, Grace, Akira, wedsoon, Are, Min, Wen, Feb, sunnyling
Total : 12

13(Fri) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo, Grace, wedsoon, Are, Ava, Wen, Feb

14(Sat) - Meow, Amore, Yve, Leo, lkf, Grace(after12.30), Wedsoon, Akira, Are, Ava

28(Sat) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo, lkf, sweetie(morning),Grace, wedsoon, Akira, Are, Ava

Sweetie, Are, Min, Grace,
You wan to make corsage together is it? Please get your materials ready first hor. Grace, maybe we can spray colours on that day too huh??

MT,
You wanna join us??

Min,
Decormark is located at IMM 3rd floor near playground. Me will meet them tomolo, Monday meet El-fa. Feedback to you tomolo

min

Meow,

managed to get your materials for cosages this afternoon? Maybe I see how you all do the cosages first, then decide if I want to do myself cos I haven't got time to go shop for materials ler. Dun know what to buy.

Went Robinson just now. They having sale. I got third revised quote from El-Fa ordei. Each time there is an increase in amount cos we keep changing the design we want. Although I like their workmanship, I still find the costs too high. Going to negotiate further with them. If they can give us a acceptable quote, we will sign with them. They are the one FH and me spent most time among all the ID we have got. Went to dicuss the design a few times, then Ivan brought us to three of the houses which they renovated to look at their workmanship.
Will keep you informed.

mint

Hi sweetie,
My boutique loaned me the accessories for both day and night. But I found some of them too "kua chang" so used my own in the end.

sweetie

Hi Meow,
Yup, But what should I get? Buy from Spotlight?

Hi Mint,
Ya, if their accessories is too kua chang, I would rather use mine...
happy.gif

Gals,
My first anniversary is coming... Do you celebrate?

meow

Ava,
Robinsons having sale again. Now beside the 25% off, they got addition 15% off for purchanse above 1K plus 5$ for card members.

Min,
Yap, Grace got her flowers finally. Hope you enjoy her session with me yesterday. But we do have a fruitful achievement right Grace?

Me too spent most time with them. I hope to let them do too. We've drag for 3mths liao. If this still continues and draggy, i won't let them do. I dun have so much time for them too. What designs you want. Mine is a bit to resort so you see all the wood stuffs lah.

Besse, you leh?

Sweetie,
When Grace and I was at spotlight yesterday, most of the items are cleared. Think you need to try other place for the flowers. Let me think where you can try hor. Maybe ava can help too.

besse

yo morning!!

Meow babe.. today fitting ar? hehe.. take meimei pictures and show us.. sneak your cam into the fitting area so they won't know.. ;) hehe. cos last time went with Lynn they don let us help her take picts of her WG.. *grumble*

ID wise, we still ding-doining.. haiz. oso dunno how to settle?! a bit sian liaoz. we shortlised 3 - first designer v young in job, oni 3 mths, so no confidence to hand project to her altho she's v enthusiastic and full of ideas. 2nd designer v professional and gave good advice, but their workmanship was v disappointing. We asked for a 2nd house/site visit to have a 2nd opinion before throwing them out. 3rd ID is ELFA. price in the middle, but we are quite lukewarm to the designer.. hmm find him quite contractor like mentality. Their quote to us on the 1st cut doesn't look too way out, but guess can cut down if we negotiate hard enuf if we decide to take them.

bf suggest go two more to decide.. will update ya.. Then what you gonna do if you dowan to let El-Fa do it?? hmm.. you already looking for alternatives?

Leo.. today i going play mj at 5pm.. wahahha.. hehe.. anor, i quite lucky, can have v flexi hours.. but sometimes oso work like dog.. :p

jus

Hi stressed,

I have called Sharul (regarding the cards thingy) but yet to fix an appointment with him to discuss the itinery…
Now busy-lei ; P
Haven’t even tot of the full itinery yet… hee hee
How about you?
For the cards, you can just go to AWT and select the design that you like
Printing costs would be borne by us ; (

ava

hI Meow
happy.gif

so u had a gd time shopping huh ;) i'm still thinking *wink*

anyway, when we bougth mattress we had 25% + 100 + 5%
happy.gif
+ pillows + mp
happy.gif
so i'm quite happy
happy.gif

i think all these shopping centres quite smart
happy.gif
they play around with the % and $
happy.gif
but if you add up
happy.gif
it's abt the same unless you really spend a lot more
happy.gif

anyway, when shopping buy when you think it's a good buy and must not regret ok
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Sweetie,
i think the best place to get ribbons is at Arab street where they sell almost every type of ribbons. as for flowers, just look around the neighbourhood shops when you walk by sometimes there are some pretty flowers at a gd prc
happy.gif

what flowers are you looking for? maybe we can help keep a look out
happy.gif

cherubies

Hi all,

i'm ok on either 18/19 june.

hi elaine, i'm ok with either of your albums.
wink.gif

hi leafy,
not yet seen my pixs. will check with them if i can bring back my pixs (those that are not in album). But i have some polariods to show you all for the ps (they are too small to be scan). =p

hi kk,
good for you that you like your pixs so much!!!

piper

hi hi...

been quite a long time since i've last posted...

got sthg to ask u all...

i've selected my gowns for PS and 1 pc is a halter-neck, bare-back. I'm thinking that halters & necklaces don't go well & want to put some crystals tattoo on my back...the shoulder blade area...Do u all think that will look very cheapo/tacky or watever?

and do u know if i were to remove them after the shoot, will it be easily removed?

really appreciate some advice here..coz my husband dunno what it crystal tattoo.

meow

Ava,
I've you really do some calculation, think the diff is $100 leh. But i believe they will give all those items too lah. Well nevermind then.

Eh...you better think hor. Now i'm thinking what colour to spray on the letters. We bought a heart shape that fits nicely to the words. Very sweet leh. Hor Grace?

Besse,
I also dunno leh. That's why did try to look for another that's what Vera comment workmanship same as el-fa. So ask them to quote. Will get result today. Will jus drop by el-fa show them something i want. Ask them to produce by monday. See how lor.

abrinas

hi pucca

Me still the same. Dieting did not work at all so now just working hard to keep my current figure
lame.gif
n making myself look pretty
biggrin.gif
My GDL's on 7 June so still got 1 week. Anyway, most of things buy liao. O, your GDL's today. So maybe will 'see' u only on Monday then. Me will not be coming in for the next 2 weeks cos I will be at my HQ which made it impossible for me to log in at all
sad.gif

Was thinking that it is indeed a good idea to start early on my preparations 'cos now like nothing to do liao but wait for the date to come in order to do something.
biggrin.gif
They say stress will slim down. So maybe I am not stressed enuf
wink.gif

ava

Hi Meow
happy.gif

yep u're right it's abt 100 diff
happy.gif
but like i said
happy.gif
i'm happy ;)
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

so how much i owe u huh?
happy.gif
for the 'THINKING'? ;) i'll spray gold
happy.gif
and the heart red red
happy.gif
hee he ehe
happy.gif
call me lah!

christmas

Hi Sunflower26

I think suits and dresses vary a lot in prices.

My hubby's suit we chose top of the line materials. It's 3 piece - vest, jacket & pants plus they chipped in a shirt for us. $750. For a simple 2 piece with regular materials probably about half the price. I also asked for extra fabric from the tailor and dressed up my hello kitty similarly :p

Mom's fabric we bought from Arab Street. I think about $110 for 2 persons, mom & MIL. MIL has own contact for seamstress who charged only $65 per person.

Hi Piper,

Both my gowns are halterneck bareback. I think if you wear halter shouldn't put any accessories around your neck. Crystal tattoos is a lovely idea.

I've got real tattoos on my back and arm so won't need the crytal ones lah :p

stressed

Hi Jus,

I oso haven't thot of my itinery. I oso very bz now that I have additional baby to take care at home. The baby is my hubby who is cramming for exams. So I have to make sure he eats. Sigh...

If I make a trip down to AWT, how will the shop know that we are a Raffles customer? Need to show anything? Actually I'm more concerned wif the exterior of the cards. The cards at AWT nice or not? Think I call Sharul this afternoon. Think I cannot meet the minimum number of tables!
sad.gif
I have to act ke lian!

leo29

Besse,

So xian mu you,
happy.gif
. How come play at this type of odd hr?

Sweetie,

Yes, we celebrate our aniversay. Last year we went tour. This year I don't think so becos it's so near our wedding date.

lin

Hi Abrinas,

Long time,never seen U on line.

Oh! did the dietary plan work for U initially. Did U follow strictly?

I think last month, i saw U & your hubby choosing some accessories in Taka. Don't know whether that is U?? Scare to approach the wrong person. Did U buy any accessories (e.g.Tiara)?

I realised the SB doesn't provide nice accessories. I intend to buy some accessories. Where can U suggest?

Woww! U got nothing to do. That means U are good in organising your work and time. Any tips to share? I am stress.

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

Ikf/Besse/leo29,
Thanx... finally got a set of mind after setting this issue...

leo29,
We are thinking of some solutions to my "chionging" habit...still hanging there...hais