(2003) Brides of year 2003

pucca

Hi abrinas,
of coz i rem u ... how hv u been?? seldom see u online hor .. ppl ard me oso keep asking whether im excited or not ... eh .. can't feel the excitment yet leh ... even though GDL is 2 days away ..:p

min

Meow,

I'm Ok with both friday. Saturady depends cos might have a lot of things to do cos lots of things not settled. If majority can make it on sat, then I try lor. Your wrist corsages materials get from where? Is it easy to make? Afraid I buy the materials and dun know how to make. Is it more cheaper to buy the ready made ones? Is your gown MTM or OTR? Most gals seem to have confirmed their actual day gown. I have not ler, am i late?BTW, how's your renov searching?

M

mt

Yay!
happy.gif
Finally settled my banquet venue after much ball-kicking and missed shoots ahaha.
Mandarin Court 171103
happy.gif

I bought some heart-shaped soaps (400 qty) now I realised that Mandarin actually might have less-headache favour options... I don't suppose anyone wants to buy those soaps for $150?

wen

Meow,
sob... sob... u missed me out leh!!!
Anyway, both friday is ok for me. If saturday, can only meet for dinner...

wen

Hi Min,
If your gown is OTR, then ok cos the bridal shop usually have new gowns each month.
If not, better confirm the design as early as possible. I took one month to confirm the design and my designer need about 4 months to MTM becos of his tight schedule. In the end, my first fitting only early or mid sep... very late hoi... a bit worried cos PS on 30 Sep... scare the gown turn out not what i want and there is no time to change...
if possible, settle asap... also easy for u to shop for shoes, accessories etc...

minx

Hi Happybrides,

Yup, according to my BS they only take 2 months to do up the MTM WG. My PS is mid Nov. Still in time.. No worries.

What about you? Which bridal did you booked?

seashell

thxs vivace

actually they told me abt 2 wks, they will call me, but waited for almost 3wks, anyway my FH called them up, chosen my photos, i'm quite happy with the ps, surprising, very nice, i thought i will very tired.

Hi babbit

me too curious, yr wedding in sept, ps only in july, isn't it too rush for u.

akira

leo, thanks. you're right, I work in a v big company. I think I'll do as you say.. just invite those I work closely with. wat colour is your shoes? same as your WG? I think I better start looking for mine too. guess its better to have it ready by first fitting. btw you went hunting all over and can't find anything good shoes OTR is it?

wen, first fitting early Sep is really cutting it close. But I guess since your designer is taking so long with it should be almost perfect by first fitting. man4 gong1 chu1 xi4 huo4 mah. so dun worry too much.

MT, good for you. managed to get banquet settled at such short notice. maybe you can still use the soap and get standard chocolates from MM instead? My hotel provides chopsticks as wedding favour but I'm thinking of getting some chocolates to stand by cos I think some of the guests would be hungry waiting for the dinner to start.

meow

Min,
Me too haven't settle my actual day gown too. So you are not alone. Mine is OTR. I got my materials(flowers from Thai). Now i only need to buy ribbon for it. Its very simple to make one, either glue the flowers on or tie them up. Mine need to tie since there's a wire from the roses.

Reno huh? Joseph sent me drawings that are those 3D ones. I dun really like it very much. If you wanna see, i can sent one to you. I went to the decormark as what Vera has mention in the forum. I'm stil waiting for the quote and will meet up with them this friday evening.

6 (Fri) - Meow, Amore, Besse, Leo,grace, Akira, wedsoon, Are, Min, Wen
13(Fri) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo,grace, wedsoon, Are, Min, Wen
14(Sat) - Meow, Amore, Yve, Leo, lkf,grace(after12.30), Wedsoon, Akira, Are
28(Sat) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo, lkf, sweetie(morning),grace, wedsoon, Akira, Are

Congrats MT
bounce.gif
you've finally settle your banquet now have to start looking for photographer liao.
I think its okay lor for $150 for 400pcs. Jus imagine, you dun have to fly $$$ over there and try to find the soap. Its not easy leh. Even when i try to find my ROM shoes that time, i also can't find those with beads one. Not to say those paper roses i bought back from there. Only happen to pass by then realise it.

Wen,
Berry Berry Sorrie. I dun mean it. Last few days, this place is flooded. I can't catch up lah. Me now not as free as then. No internet to surf. Only morning and end of day. Very sorry lah.
sad.gif

wen

Hi Meow
Just kidding w u. Actually, should thank u for going thru the trouble to organize so that we can all meet and have a nice chat over dinner. Thanks!!!

wen

Hi Akira
I am a bit worried cos the last time when i was there, I saw another gal trying her wedding gown and still have lots of pins on it. And my friend, she only had her final fitting one day before her PS. Stressed right???
Anyway, nothing i can do now... Wait lor...

min

Meow,

send me the drawings lah. See if nice? Can take as reference. Where is decormark? Sian with finding renov, hope to finalise soon. Ivan from El-fa follow up quite promptly with us but we still holding back to give them the project, we want them to reduce price.

ava

MT
happy.gif

oppss ;)

hee hehehee

made a mistake
happy.gif

if you have a pic of the soaps
happy.gif
i'll love to hv a look before deciding?
happy.gif

thanks
happy.gif

elaine

Hi gals,

ok...so who else interested in the 18th june outing?

you gals wan to see my wedding album or actual day ablum or honeymoon album?

meow

Ava,
Why you want to use soap as well huh? Eh you haven't tell me which day you wanna join leh.

Min,
Okie, i'll sent one to you. Me still not very pleased with the design. First look, not bad. Subsequent look, dun like it anymore.

shook

Hihi Pausini
Hmmm....the serving of mac same as Singapore. All along I thot the food serving in Europe is v much more than Singapore. Last time when I wz in UK, I asked 4 starter serving coz the main course serving is 2 much 4 me but the chef insist on cooking the main course serving 4 me. In the n, I took the ingredient n wasted the pasta
sad.gif

Thot of bringing instant noodle, bbq pork, peanut butter spread there. Buy bread fm the supermkt there. Gotta save $ mah. Bsides, my hubby dislikes Western food.

Hihi Kare
Wish u gd weather n smooth sailing thru out tml, our last bride in May
kiss.gif

Today is SLK's big day, oso wish her gd luck.

jbride

hi ladies,

me too...my WG & EG design are not out yet...
have been bz with my house reno recently...but shld be completed in 2 weeks time
22847.gif

leafy

<FONT COLOR="orange">Hi Elaine, </FONT>
Can make it on 19 June anot?
happy.gif

Will it be too heavy to bring ur album out?

<FONT COLOR="orange">Hi Cherubies,</FONT>
precisely lor... mine is a bustier and since the train got wet, it weighed down the whole gown lor...so always must pull up n adjust the bustier part before every shoot.

Have u seen ur photos? Able to take back some? just like kk?

<FONT COLOR="orange">Hi yi, </FONT>
Have u upload ur actual day pic?

<FONT COLOR="orange">Hi kk, </FONT>
yeah man, it was like a "one day tour to sentosa". hee hee... I also dun mind taking another photography package too.
happy.gif

Besides sentosa, we went to the old chinese temple near amoy street. Took some black n white pic.
Which shop r u from? they actually give all the photos to u ahh? How much extra did u spend?

I think i also got used to not having rice liao leh. hee hee... hopefully can slim down further.

<FONT COLOR="orange">Hi wenn, </FONT>
Merchant court food is one of the ichiban one. yum yum. How's ur ROM preparation? We r all experienced... any questions for us? ahah haa...
proud.gif

M

mt

Hi hi
happy.gif

Yup I have a pic of the soaps, let me dig the email and send Ava.

Silly me, what happened was all along I only knew the hotel had chocs OR pralines, then last night before we signed, there were other NEW favours just in. Yeah worried about my guests being hungry too, so will prepare own chocs during cocktail.

jady

hi gals!!!

went for my 1st fitting yest &amp; at the same time choose ps gowns &amp; had trial makeup. no digicam so can't show u all the gowns i tried..now still thinking of which ps gown to take...
i'm quite happy with my actual EG but think my WG design v common..haha

i'm fine with both dates but prefer 18th jun.

think i got to slim down cos i can see my fats bulging out around my waistline when i wear my EG..cry!

jady

hi gals!!!

sorry for MIA..busy lah, though reno finished but hv abit of headache abt delivery of furniture. i'm trying to hv housewarming in july but then all electrical stuff &amp; kitchen stuff hvnt buy yet..

went for my 1st fitting yest &amp; at the same time choose ps gowns &amp; had trial makeup. no digicam so can't show u all the gowns i tried..now still thinking of which ps gown to take...
i'm quite happy with my actual EG but think my WG design v common..haha
but then i got to slim down cos i can see my fats bulging out around my waistline when i wear my EG..cry! but i'm really super lazy!!!so angry with myself!

serene, our gathering bo liao ah??:p

kk, u going for the 2003 gathering?

ava

Hi MT!
happy.gif

will be waiting to c the pic
happy.gif

Meow
happy.gif

looking out for my friend who is also getting married
happy.gif

Updated gathering namelist :
6 (Fri) - Meow, Amore, Besse, Leo,grace, Akira, wedsoon, Are

13(Fri) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo,grace, wedsoon, Are , ava

14(Sat) - Meow, Amore, Yve, Leo, lkf,grace(after12.30), Wedsoon, Akira, Are, ava

28(Sat) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo, lkf, sweetie(morning),grace, wedsoon, Akira, Are, ava

leo29

Wen,

Yes I went to paradox but nothing much, not many choice there. I choose silver so can go with my WG and EG.
happy.gif

Akira,

Silver color! Ya, I can’t find a shoe OTR due to the height. My bridal shop ask me to get a 5 inch shoe, me short lah but after much consideration I decided to take 4 inch. So far those OTR i saw max height are 3 &frac12; inch. If you are tall then getting a shoe OTR is no problem. You can try Taka, Metro, Isetan and Tang(Not much), got many. But I find MTM more worth becos some OTR cost as much as $150, cheapest I think $90.

6 (Fri) - Meow, Amore, Besse, Leo,grace, Akira, wedsoon, Are

13(Fri) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo,grace, wedsoon, Are , ava

14(Sat) - Meow, Amore, Yve, Leo, lkf,grace(after12.30), Wedsoon, Akira, Are, ava, Feb

28(Sat) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo, lkf, sweetie(morning),grace, wedsoon, Akira, Are, ava, Feb

kare2711

LOL! Thanks all for the blessings.

Shook
That's a good idea of Pausini's. Let me help where I can remember:

Chicken: hmm.. poulet (iirc).
Can't remember the name of fish because I hardly eat fish. Beef is beauf or something like that. Good evening: Bonsoir.
Good night: Bon Nuit.
Can you speak English: Parlez (par-lay) vous (voo) Anglais (ong-glay)?
Yes: Oui (wee)
No: non (no). ()
Excuse me: Excusez (excusay) moi (mwa)
toilet: toilette (twa-let)

I really don't think you have to worry because most French speaks a little English. If you are not sure, always approach the younger batch.

If you still have 2 1/2 weeks and can spare at least an hour every day to study, then I really highly recommend you pick up French Without the Fuss by Living Language. I saw many of them at Kino in Ngee Ann City.

ally

hi JT... reply your email liao
happy.gif
hmm, mebbe consider sentosa for hol then? they got some package offers, quite worthwhile.

hi Babbit... i haven't gone for my PS yet. it's next month. have u gone for your fitting yet?

pausini

Hi Shook: I thot so too but then i realise not for pple in french lor. they serve soup 1st without the bread then come the bread after that the main course then the dessert or the coffee.

As for their free flow of plain water, their mineral water very expansive. If u visit some of the supermarket there remember to bring a bad alot cos some of the supermarket charges u for the carrier. They very environmental lover one.

Wah, the bread there nice, must get in it early morning like 8am where it is freshly done. wonderful i tell u of course not as cheap as spore lah.

We save $$ mah so only go to those restaurant offering on the food and none we tried is nice one... very disappointed lor. those very nice one very expansive where can afford. if u have time can try those same alley u may find some chocolate shop or bakery shop and the cake they made very nice... oh i dun find France chocolate very nice. U going to SWISS? i think the chocolate there nicer.

I can only give u some tips on France-Paris cos i never went other part of Europe lor...
But the french very cute, whether after they have finished giving u anything they will end will "wah lah". i think it mean "that it". Got to ask Kare she more expert in this ...

Oh, bring some nice clothes there to wear. I was very surprise how ugly we wore in France. Al the pple there really dress up even in winter and they all put on make up!!!!

sunflower26

hi gals....
me jus got the new house keys...so v stressed over the defects....
my gown designs are finalised.....pending 1st gown fitting in july or early aug.. cos PS in late oct n weddin date on last day of the yr.. =)
hope me not rushing like a mad woman loh....

feb

Hi Leo

Sorry my mistakes. I cant make it on weekend but can make it on weekdays..Pai say pai say

6 (Fri) - Meow, Amore, Besse, Leo,grace, Akira, wedsoon, Are , Feb

13(Fri) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo,grace, wedsoon, Are , ava , Feb

14(Sat) - Meow, Amore, Yve, Leo, lkf,grace(after12.30), Wedsoon, Akira, Are, ava

28(Sat) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo, lkf, sweetie(morning),grace, wedsoon, Akira, Are, ava

leo29

Did I miss out anyone!

Gathering Namelist :

6 (Fri) - Meow, Amore, Besse, Leo, Grace, Akira, wedsoon, Are, Min, Wen, Feb
Total : 11

13(Fri) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo, Grace, wedsoon, Are, Ava, Min, Wen, Feb

14(Sat) - Meow, Amore, Yve, Leo, lkf, Grace(after12.30), Wedsoon, Akira, Are, Ava
Total : 10

28(Sat) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo, lkf, sweetie(morning),Grace, wedsoon, Akira, Are, Ava

Meow,

Enjoy your fitting,
happy.gif

sweetie

Hi gals,
I was told by my bridal shop that during banquet, the bride normally wears own accessories or jewelleries. Is it true?

My mum will be bringing me to buy some jewelleries. Have anyone of you started this already?

M

mt

I uploaded some pics of favours, not all mine, pls email me for their contacts.

Go to novas > photos > MT
Prices EACH are reflected as title of pic.

Ok, I'm in 2 minds about selling my red soaps (mine are WITHOUT bags, 400 qty for $150- the pic shows bags which can be obtained from Spotlight), but let me know if interested (I still have the contacts).

minx

Hi happybrides,

Yup.. actually is in Oct but my hubby got reservist so have to change to a later date.
happy.gif
Kim (Studio D'fia) is taking my PS. He needs only one month for the album. Heard that the next day after the PS can see the photos.

I'm with Bridal Veil.

feb

Hi sweetie

During my trial, my bridal did mention that I can bring my own accessories for my PS..Think depends on individual lor. If you do not mind taking the bridal accessories, then go ahead with it. Noone will bother if you are wearing your own or not. As long as you wear n look nice can liao mah..

My mum already bought for me some gold a few months back cos I spotted something that I liked lor tat time..As for the si dian jing, my hubby bringing me to see see only in the lunar 8th month..Hope the gold price will drop...

elaine

Hi gals,

I'm ok with 19th june too...but how about others?

Ya, veri heavy to bring out all 3 albums so I wan to know which album u gals wan to see?

sunnyling

Hi

6 June shouldn't be a pro for gathering but not 13 cos I hate friday the 13 ah I pantang ah hahahahaha (I will alway remember tat is the day I kena accident) I cant make it for sat and sun is family day.

kare2711

Pausini
LOL! I think they said Voila (vwa-la). Hmm.. I got free water at restaurants though. And mineral water is actually comparative to prices here at supermarkets. At least the bigger bottles. But they are slightly more expensive. Everything is expensive in Paris. Wah.. I didn't know they charge extra for paper bags though.

I agree with Pausini that French can dress very well. Though the Americans say that Italians dress better, I think Italians dress very tai-tai while the French are very trendy. I love the way they wear
happy.gif
I also saw them in winter wear. I'm really excited this time to go in summer to catch their fashion tips.

Okay, this should be my last post until my wedding and my staying over at the hotel. So I shall 'see' you all on 2nd June. So when can we meet up ah? In July? Where everyone is done with their honeymoon?? Heh .. and then we can see a glowing Pausini :p
happy.gif

Shook
As I said again, you don't really have to worry much in Paris. People are friendly, in fact, very friendly. On my first day there itself, we met lovely people. We took the metro from the airport to our hotel. In one of the metro station, I was carrying my luggage down the stairs, and stopped halfway to wait for my friends. The metro station is really busy at peak hours, just like ours. It was around 8 iirc. A man actually volunteered to help me carry the luggage all the way down. I guessed he thought I needed help since I stopped. Wasn't that sweet? I don't think I've seen such people here in Singapore. On the same day, since we were not able to check into the hotel, we left our luggage at the hotel, and walked around the hotel a little. We got lost (even with the map), and an old lady came up to us and asked where we were heading to. Even after she told us how to walk, she still stayed close to us (on the other side of the street). When we made a wrong turn, she shouted across the street to let us know it's not the right turning. Very sweet people.

Overall, unless this new trip changes my experience, I had great great experience in Paris. No doubt there are snobbish people around, most of them are so friendly and so willing to smile. I had a delightful stay there, so much so that it's my favourite city!! I'm so eager to go back there. And the city is so beautiful, so nice and easy to walk, and so much things to buy :p Can you tell that I'm so in love with Paris? You will like Paris, really. And don't worry about the language.

are

hi all... tat day i saw some nice 'crystal' on silver/gold shoes that are ideal for EG at tangs @ centrepoint. maybe if you are around the area and looking for shoes, can go check it out.

i'm not buying the 'nice' shoes lor, using my ROM 'casual' shoes. cos i can't wear high heels normally and dun want to waste $$.

meow

6 (Fri) - Meow, Amore, Besse, Leo, Grace, Akira, wedsoon, Are, Min, Wen, Feb

13(Fri) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo, Grace, wedsoon, Are, Ava, Min, Wen, Feb, sunnyling
Total : 12

14(Sat) - Meow, Amore, Yve, Leo, lkf, Grace(after12.30), Wedsoon, Akira, Are, Ava
Total : 10

28(Sat) - Meow, Yve, Besse, Leo, lkf, sweetie(morning),Grace, wedsoon, Akira, Are, Ava

Min,
I've already sent you the pic. U see?

Leo29,
My fitting tomolo lah.
happy.gif

pausini

Kare: u really in love with paris. How come my experience not as good as u. the 1st day i reached there i told my project manager i feel like going back to spore.. hahaha...

the pple like never smile at us one... even the old lady is so rude when taking the metro. Guess just my luck lor..

yah yah.. got to meet up. July is fine with me lah.. after all came back from honeymoon???
Where got glowing, i feel terrible now. I have cant eat well, dun feel like eating at all. i hope all of u wldnt have this experience next time.. *sigh*

Enjoy ur day ok..

happybrides

hi renee,

ic..
happy.gif

Hi all dec brides,

i didn't know wat color should i chose for my EG, the waiter and waitress will b wearing something like light pink and big red uniform. at first i tot of using bright red to do my EG then now it's like i can't use bright red liao. any suggestion? i am fair in complexion...