(2003) Brides of year 2003

sannie

hi tt77,
WOW.... your wedding must be soon! i will be seeing my fh the night before the wedding and possibly in the morning before going to do my hair and makeup.... then again, we're not having any of the traditions and customs.... but this not seeing the fh before the wedding day is a tradition all over the world.

hi cherubies,
i will only be having one wedding so some of my immediate family and very close friends are flying over. I would love to do something in singapore but we don't have time since we are using his one week break (he's pursuing a course now) for the wedding there.

Aiyoh, i just realised i used two different nics here. one sweetbuns and one Sannie!!! sigh.... so blur!

meekoo

hi shook

i love that pix of the doggy! so cute....! i bit shopping crazy one... depend on mood also... usually only shop if there is sale. if no sale, no shopping
sad.gif

hi may
u must really love kids a lot.
happy.gif

hi pausini
like my friends always say must follow me shopping during sale and c how i manage to get good buy
proud.gif

P

putise baby

morning girls...

leo, 7pm a bit late for me leh :p but i'll try to go... stay a while also good, can see you in one of your sexy gowns, also happy...

amore, can you go today?? if can, we can arrange to meet first then walk there together...

hi are, hi akira...
for manicure, my bet is still on french... classic! in fact i'm going for mine tom... fren's wedding this sat :p

A

amerline

thanks ladies.....

i will try to 4get abt my photos....it may be difficult but i will try....my sis say if i really like the pix so much, they are willing to give me my dinner angpow now to pay for the photos.

they really dote on me hor? heehee but i won't take up the offer, i rather they pay for my honeymoon...hahahhahahah

wise of you amerline! but thank goodness for siblings who love you right? me too .... *touched*

sammi! nice stuff there! but expensive leh ... i went to look at the pricing .... wah, expensive!!! plus got to pay for international air freight, and prob need to re-pack into prettier boxes. Those plastic bags they provide - quite unsightly as wedding favours leh.

i calculated ... the qty i need will easily cost me more than $1k !! too expensive .....
no thanks, pass.

are you thinking of getting it for your wedding favours? It's nice!

by the way, anymore lobangs for other unique wedding favours?

leo29

Putise n Amore,

I guess i will be there b4 7pm lah. Me knock off at 6pm, need 30 min drive to jit place, provided no heavy jam. But today oso nothing to see lah, just plain gown.

Amore,

Wow..., you go gym. I think putise oso go gym. Same work out location? Which gym you go?

sammi

Hi,

I tot of but the qty is too much for me..its about 12 candies per guest..Ideally i want to pack about 6 candies per person.

So still sourcing....might go Bangkok next month to look...

shook

Hihi May
Hmm..your old clothes loose so u loose wt yar.
I m not exactly excited but fatigue. My hubby n I have been staying till midnight every day (last 9 slept @ 2am) to look 4 info. Due to some transport connection problem, hotel stay @ Geneva still not confirmed. Luckily my hubby book free & easy package fm Holidex. Or else worse still. We only have a rough itenary for Switzerland (my hubby did) n Amsterdam (I did) but not Paris. No time liao. I dun have time to learn French oso.
I bought travel insurance yesterday. I haven't change currency yet. My usual money changer doesn't carry Euro and SF, u have any contact to recommend?
My hubby wakes up early though but sleeps in between the day.

Hihi Pausini
I will b travelling by SQ. I always check in by phone then reach airport early to get good seat. Jazz booked the ticket thru internet dunno whether can check in by phone or not. I told her to reach airport early then we have higher chance to get our desired seat. Tis is very important since it is a long flight @ such weird hr. I always ask for the 1st row of the cabin window seat.

Hihi Meekoo
Besides a shopping queen, I suppose u r oso good in bargaining

may

Pausini: the last tine i flew air france. they allowed smoking at the back of the flight...
pity the y class passengers at the back.

it is also norm to lose weight in the begining, i was told. so u got start shopping for your needs?
ur MIL is concerm which is good. must take a lot of bird nest...yr mom cook for u?

i have been w my hubby for close to 7 years liao so i educate him really well...hee...

Meekoo: i like kids??? hmmm....ok lah...but i not getting younger so got to start early...but i also want a breather from work.

Shook: poor thing...i can understand the stress of checking out the info...try to get soem rest before flying if not you will be really tired. We spent quite alot of our time sleeping when we were in Paris very tired and jet lag. how many days will u be in Paris. Just make sure u go to the famous tourists spot loh... enjoy Effle Tower and be prepared to q to go up ok. The whole world will be there...

Actually, try to take things slow for ur honeymoon, if not u find very stress and u cant enjoy yrself.

For the last 3 days in Seoul, me and hubby just took it easy and catch up lots on our sleep. We started each day late...after the hectic wedding and the package tour, we just want to enjoy each other...hehe..

peabrain72

Hi gals...

How's everyone? You gals are talking about kids now huh
biggrin.gif

Me still busy with honeymoon... looking for accommodation
sad.gif
Would like to find out from those who've been to Paris, which part of Paris should I look for accommodation. Want to stay near city if possible to avoid spending too much time travelling. I've only 2 days there. Previously been there but was on biz hence everything taken care off
lame.gif

Thanks in advance
happy.gif

P

putise baby

hey leo... you gonna be at jit earlier than 7pm ah??? good good, then i'll go there to wait for you
happy.gif

amore, i used to go to amore, but now i'm going to planet fitness... love their combat classes, but dun seem to be working much thou... hahahaha!!
amore, you let me know later if you going down or not... pm me in FBO can??
happy.gif

amore

leo... think me will drop by for awhile.. hehe wanna kaypoh...

putise... meet u @ ard 6:15 to 6:20?.. then we walk over??

wedsoon

Hi gal,
After a few days, there are so many postings.

Leo29,
Guess that you must be excited to see your gowns. Take more photos for us to see
happy.gif

Amore,
Me also go to gym (different from yours) , just to burn out the extra fats that is in my body....I still think that I am FAT and just refuse to go on diet..... As me, I live to eat..;p

amore

heee just hope Leo wont be caught in the jam and is able to reach Jit's place by 6:30 ... hehe

wedsoon... ya.. me wanna tone up... burn those fats away... ya lor... cannot stop eating leh.. esp junk food!!!

P

putise baby

amore, so you going lah... good good... me meet you at "our" lobby at 6.20pm then
happy.gif

hi wedsoon... me also Nov-03 bride... 22 Nov-03 to be exact
happy.gif
one day before leo... and same BS too
happy.gif

A

amerline

i am going to KL next weekend to look for some stuff too! i want to get my tea set and some traditional stuff there. They sell quite cheap and must take advantage of the exchange rates!

i like the candies but its simply too much and too expensive.

pausini

Hi Shook:

SQ, shld be quite good too. Enjoy ur trip ok!! take more more pix!!!

HI May: Will ask hubby to get me bird's nest. actually i dun like the taste of it....
7 yrs! tat is very long... me only 3- 4 yrs.. hahaha..

Meekoo: may be next time i shld also follow u to shop..

Peabrain: when u leaving for honeymoon.

taddess

hi all.

my wedding is over too! I think that my wedding was chaotic. Glad that Daniel managed to help me in my table photo taking. Without his help, it would otherwise be disastrous! He was really great pity that due to the number of tables we can't afford much time to actually make the wedding more memorable for ourselves!

meekoo

hi shook

enjoy yourself!
happy.gif

hi may and pausini
got bit confused... y need bird's nest? pausini got bb already??!

hi pausini
sure... email to me okie
happy.gif

P

putise baby

yve!!!

me too!! mebbe next time we meet up there?? me supposed to go for Ah Ben's combat class on tuesday but DYM came... think will be going to Maverick's combat class on thurs
happy.gif

you leh??

cin

Hi Taddess,

Congrats! you are now a Mrs
happy.gif
11 more days to mine...

So what songs did you use for your walk-in? Oh, and what did you use for your ang bao box?

Where will you be heading for your honeymoon?

yve

putise,
oh, u go suntec too!!
i try to go at least 3 times a week, but nowadays cannot make it anymore. Try once during weekday and once on Sat.
Used to go to the classes to, but now cannot make it to the classes. so just go and run and do weights. Used to go body combat, pump, balance..

yve

putise,

No problem with meeting up at the gym if we happen to go at the same time lor.. I think I am just gng through a phase when I dun like to go to the classes.. For 1 thing, suntec classes are always very crowded..

cherubies

Hi Sannie,
no problem. just let us know which nick you prefer to use.
happy.gif

well at least don't have to worry abt two times the prep. have fun and enjoy for it's your special day.
happy.gif

wen

Hi Akira & Leo29
Yeah, I managed to buy the pair that I want. I was so lucky. The salesgirl was v helpful. She took the silver shoes from the mannequin on window display. By right, they are not allowed to do so especially window display until the season is over. But she managed to get approval from her manager to exchange the shoes becos i told her it is for my wedding. So nice hor....

elaine

Hi Gals,

ok, let's make the outing on the 19th June (Thursday) instead. Anyone interested plse let us know.

So far here're the ok ones:
Flowee
Cherubies
Me

leo29

Oh.... so many of you go fitness class. Confirmed actual day all look very pretty and tone up. Me juz too lazy to go to town and do work out after work, very tire. But hor…. now die die must go oso becos when I put on my gown I saw fat around my waist area.
sad.gif
Got fat wear bare back not nice liao.

I’ve post my fitting pix in our Yahoo-Novas.

When my mum saw my EG, her first reaction is why green color.! Hahaha…….. Old ppl don’t like green color, scare i Ming3 Qi1 Qi1-face green green

Last nite my hubby told me, my MIL show him the Si Dian Jin she bought for me-She bought long time ago I think 2-3 years ago, some are already outdated. But she ask my hubby to bring me go and change if I don’t like it. That moment the only thing flash thru my mind is is she going to pay for the addition. Hahaha…, me very bad hor!

Wedsoon,

You so small size still got fat meh. Don't give yourself pressure lei.

Wen,

Lucky you! So in the end you still get your dream shoe lah.

Akira,

Not very satisfy lei maybe the detailing, eg beads, lace, crystal strip ... is not up. But hor, I don't really like my WG back, not stunning. And i never aspect my EG front sleek is so wide open, hope with the strip on, at least can pull it closer if not I afraid my parent and in law will faint lah.

W

whitely

Hello gals,

anyone of you would like to contribute a checklist like what we should bring along to the banquet?

I have listed down few things but just scared that anything might left out:

1) accesorries for gowns
2) angbao box
3) CDs for march in
4) thank you speech
5) ring

akira

leo, dun worry you got assets to show in front. ha ha maybe the guests will be too distracted to eat. about the back, did you feedback to the designer? maybe he still can do something about it. will go and see your pics in Novas later..

kopibean

hi leo29,

wow, your EG front sleek realli veri wide open.
But you got the figure to carry the dress well!!!

Yup,for elderly ppl, they tend to want us brides not to be too revealing as dun wan to let ppl c too much flesh...hee

hi all nov grp brides,
me going for my fitting today...hopefully turn out well too...

amore

leo.. ur WG gown okie mah.... maybe details not up yet.. and thanx for allowing me to kaypoh ur fitting hehehe...

me oso trying to get rid of the FATS on my waist...

kopibean... hehe enjoy!

M

mt

Leo, your figure is great! Gorgeous back of the gowns and yeah, the EG very sexy in front you can carry it well only depends how your family or yourself feel about it lah.

may

where is every body today? so quiet.

Peabrain: you can try IBIS hotels...they r quite good try to stay near a subway station so that it is easier.

Pausini: bird nest is good...

Meekoo: huh...?

wen

Hi Leo29
Hee Hee... Very happy finally get what i want and still have discount becos of GSS. But was scolded by my sis for the whole day. As for my hubby, he said I am crazy to spend so much on a pair of shoes.

I like the colour of your EG. Good choice. Definitely wont make you Lian Qing Qing. Will be stunning after the detailing are added. The front opening looks quite wide. Must take precaution hor...

As for the back of your WG, look very nice leh... I think it is quite special. Usually it is one piece but yours has strings across, right? Skirt wise, cannot see clearly. Got layers?

So when will be your next fitting?

ava

va va va vooooommm.............

leo
happy.gif
ur evening gown more sexy than i expected!!! my eyes really nearly popped out!
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy for you!
happy.gif
all ur gowns turn out good!
happy.gif
dream come true huh
happy.gif

amore
happy.gif

ur's also rt ?
happy.gif
low back
happy.gif

can't wait for the rest of the novas to unveil their gowns
happy.gif

sweetie ;)
i saw urs too!
happy.gif
u live up 2 ur name!
happy.gif
so sweet
happy.gif

i think i will just never get over seeing a beautiful bride in her dream gown
happy.gif
*ahhhhh*
happy.gif

pausini

Hi may: me still here..
I tried bird nest again lor...
Will ask hubby to get it for me. Wanted to get those concentrated bottle one but hubby say dun want. He will get those dry one and ask MIL to cook.

May, u have pix of koren to show us???

Peabrain: IBIS is one of good source for chain hotels but it may not be the cheapest but since u need to pre-plan then no choice.

amore

ava.. mine not really low back... and got netting... hehehe "covered" by organza.. i dun dare to be bare... my EG 2 pcs show tummy... i already abit uncomfortable hahaa.. urs oso beary low back mah.... saw ur posting regarding the PS by andrew choi... u managed to get dat??

yve

leo,
*whistle*

sweetie,
gorgeous too!!!

I should be gng for my first fitting soon, PS in less than a month. Can't wait too..

amore

sweetie... saw urs too!... sooo sweet.. the colour of ur EG beary nice... two tones... blue and green... u had ur trial makeup as well?

shook

Hihi May
I slept at 2:30 am tis morning to finish the itinerary for Amsterdam. We haven't plan anything for Paris. Dunno where to visit. Guess another late night 29.
It is very strange that I can't get into tis thread since yesterday afternoon. Now then I manage to get in.

Hihi Peabrain
U haven't confirm your accomodation? There is an aero fair in Paris fm 13 to 22 Jun. Most hotels r fully booked. I will b staying in Londres Et D'Anvers hotel in district 10.
We booked our hotels wif Holidex in the end. My hubby said v taxing to find hotel ourselves wif such short time frame.

Hihi Pausini
I love bird's nest. Peabrain leaving on sat.

leo29

Hahaha, you'll so good lei, *Muiak*. After i complaint this thread is quite and so many of you start posting.

Kopibean, Amore, Mt, Wen and Ava,

Tks for your compliment!

Ava,

Not really lei! Not as what i expected. Hope i will have my eye and mouth wide open when i go for 2nd fitting with the detailing up.

Kopibean,

Don't forget to take photos for us to see huh.

Amore,

Yours is tomorrow hor! Panic or not? So how you going to get rid of the fat? Go work out together want or not?

amore

leo... har?? wat tmrw?? PS? mine already over leh... okie no prob... me usually go to East point... and now starting to go Bugis... coz of the gym.... going EP this evening... think need to workout and control my intake of food liao!!! cannot anyhow eat hehehe