(2003) Brides of year 2003

leo29

Besse,

sad.gif
sad sad, cannot see you tomorrow.

Meow,

I post the venue liao. Afraid some of the gals may be busy to come in here. So where shall we meet, entrance?

fishball

hi all,
so sad to see our thread become so quiet. Last tym really 'happening' ah?!!

I'm thinking hor... we'll be even busier later months, so why not have a 'last' gathering b4 our weddings this month? Oso, we can take advantage of the many good dining deals out there b4 they're gone in July! (Drooling...
happy.gif
)

So what u gals think? Any suggestions? Me thinking of HRC, cos of their 1-4-1 offer.

poki, cookiecorgi, vio, RHS, Jady... long time neber hear fm u liao leh...

vin

Hi Shook,

Yeah, visa is acceptable in everywhere in Europe. Unless those budget hostel (sometimes they dun accept, just accept the cash).

But you can spare yr $$ fr shopping at souvenir shop if u want to buy anything, they mostly will gv discount if you pay by cash.. unless shopping centre and those shop run by big company.

meow

Besse,
Me can't go drink. Saturday working whole day from 8am.
sad.gif
You can check with others. But i think most of them very full liao. Can't drink hee

Leo,
We shall meet where Joaqium is. Since i go early, i should be sitting in there. Maybe Grace will be with me by then. So you all reach there, give me a call or all of you can gather near there.

Joaqium is located under the escalator walking towards Marina Metro. I hope everyone knows where the place is.

shirlynn

Hi Leo29,

Forgotten about the gathering... can I let you know tomorrow?? Have to check with my hubby whether is there anything...

hullo fishball

eh, HRC one-for-one offer ends today if i'm not wrong....

har? it'll be really funny to have a whole bunch of girls gather for a pig out session and all we have is salad !!! Most of us would have already chosen our gowns / tailor made the gowns, so we really cannot afford to put on any weight !!

RHS: have u had your photoshoot yet? Mine's next thurs!

priviledged

Hi Sweets. Take it easy. One thing at a time. Although we have had our food tasting, the rest of the stuff, like you, we are in the same situation.

My invites are not 100% out yet. Have a handful left to write - RSVP is supposed to be tomorrow
nono.gif
nono.gif
!

Church programme - we bought the covers but have not worked out what goes inside yet! Also printing ourselves.

Our guest book and corsages will be provided by our boutique. Our helpers have not been briefed yet (we haven't even thought about what to brief them about yet!)

Don't worry. Make a list of everything, then prioritise. Most of these things don't actually take long to do. Most of all PRAY!!

jady

hi fishball,

me, vio & poki still kip in touch ourselves though we don't come into this thread to chat liao. i dont mind gathering this mth but guess many gals will b having ps & who's arranging?

fishball

hi cody,

thanks for yr reminder. I'll juz hop 2 other places then. Me will juz pig out 1st, lose weight later!
lol.gif

hi jady,
oic, me dun mind arranging lah. but can c response not there liao. If u gals meet elsewhere, can include me oso lah. More familiar wif u all lor...
happy.gif

shook

Hihi vin

Gotta ask 4 discount or they give u automatically when u pay by cash? If need to bargain, how many % to bargain for?

ava

Hi Gals!

Sorry won't be able to join tomorrow...hv had a really rough week...and with F-BIL wedding this wknd I need to rest
happy.gif

So have loads of fun & hope to see u all soon!
happy.gif

take care
happy.gif

pausini

Hi girls, the cream i mention earlier is this "TOPICREM" sorry it is not meant for sretch mark is a moisturising cream and it cost Euro9.50 each for 500ml.

Quite good cos i still feel very moisturise when i apply this from morning till now. So up to u whether u wanna get it..

I realise this bottle is still quite full so dun have to get it for me anymore.. i think i can tahan till next year for me.

So just for ur info is u wanna get it at Paris.

meow

Ava,
How i pass the things to you then??

Attendance(11 Person): Meow, Amore, Leo, Grace, Akira, wedsoon, Are, Min, Wen, Feb, sunnyling

Un-confirm: Yve, DK, Shirlynn

Time:7-730pm

Venue : Joaqium(Suntec)

Agreed on Joaqium(9 person): Meow, Amore, Are, Leo, Akira, Wen, Grace, Min, Wedsoon

ava

Hi Meow
happy.gif

since you'll be early
happy.gif

can i meet you at City Hall? at 5:35? control station?

i will call you 29 lah...forgot my HP today...AGAIN!! getting old & forgetful *sigh*

A

amerline

hi ladies,

don't 4get me.....heehee i have been real busy looking for a job, so do not really have time to come in here for the past 2 wks or so.

i selecting my photos on mon.....hope that i have self control! i am on a super tight budget.

jady

hi fishball & jus, me,vio & poki met for lunch in raffles place area cos we wk around here..
think few of us can do dinner.
happy.gif

we msg each other k?

jus

Hi Jady,

Alamak… I also work around Raffles Place area…
Can meet up with you girls as well…
; )

Hi Amerline,
You would be selecting your photos this week right?
Dun worry, normally the groom would exercise more control (just like my FH!)
You are looking for another job?

Hi stressed,
How’s your negotiation with Sharul?
Managed to reduce the min table requirement?

pucca

taddess,

we are on the same day .. but i'm opp. of ur situation .. last min got an elder distant relative passed away, so her kids whom we hv invited all cannot attend .. 1 full table empty!

my 1st march-in song - most likely Looking Thru Your Eyes by LeeAnn Rimes (still pending)

Sweets,
dun worry too much lah .. i still hv 3 invites with me .. :D

cherubies

Hi maya,
oic. but no choice cos mom wants it, like me.
so i will have to take off or leave during last week of jun to do it..

it's true. less things less headaches. i don't have dinner but still seems to "procrastinate" to do things. wonder why???

jady

hi jus,

i'm along cecil st. vio in tanjong pagar. poki in dbs tower.
vio actually accompanied me to go for my selection of ps gowns & she's the 1st 1 to see my actual WG(but tat time not fully done up yet, just skeleton) cos Poki got course tat day..
happy.gif

jus

Hi Jady,

So fun… ; )
How is the gowns?
And when’s your PS?
Have the rest gone for their PS (poki, cooki, vio)?

leo29

Shirlynn,

Ok, let me know tomorrow.

Feb and sunnyling,

Where are two of you? Still waiting for your acknowledgement of tomorrow venue lei.

joyful

Hi ladies,

Yeah, me also feeling like got 1001 things to do...but FH seems not so kan chiong. But as all my frens tell me, no matter how well u plan, something's bound to go wrong, just sit back, relax and enjoy the limelight for the day.

Hi Taddess,

Mine's opp of your situation. After rsvp, my tables hit the min no. Quite dangerous. Just pray that all who rsvp will turn up. My wedding's next week!
crazy.gif

taddess

Hi Joyful and Pucca,

Normally after rsvp the tables will shrink but mine increased till packed...I wanted more space now like HK style packed like sardines! Pucca is that song nice? I have fixed it at Dana Glover, It is you (I have loved) . Bought the CD already, don't wanna change otherwise will waste $

D

dk

Meow,
I afraid U got to count me out for this meeting.
I'm dun really know it's safe to eat steamboat with my weak stomach now...but better be safe than sori..
I'm so probia that for the pass few days i've prevented not eating if possible...
I've literally took only toasted bread with jam
whenever i'm hungry.

Do enjoy yourselves ladies! I hope to meet U guys soon.
I'll be going off again to Bangkok next week (outstation), hopefully they give me a PC so i can still keep in touch while i'm away.

Cheers & Enjoy!

D

dk

Wen,
TW does the Man Suit himself if i'm not mistaken.
My 1st fitting is in end July & PS in end Aug.

Yap, i really agree with U about the hassle!
With abt 6mths to go...time will really fly.
I'm starting to feel the tension now.

Finding ready-made shoes for the wedding but not really an easy task too yah? I've tried Tangs, keneth Cole, Hue, Charles & Keith, etc. I'm trying not to custom-made it.Hmmm! Maybe can go Thailand find but that's means got to squeeze some time from the really packed work schedule.

Hey enjoy the Steamboat.

Bye for now.

kare2711

Shook
Thanks for the pic of the cream. I'll probably still get one bottle and try, even if it's only good for moisturizing.

wen

Dk,
Yeah, totally agree with u. I went to a few places, cant find the design I like. When I found the design I like, they dont have my size anymore. **Fed-up** No mood to look around anymore.

Let us know when u r back. Maybe we will have another gathering...

Remember to take good care of yourself when outstation!!!

shook

Hihi Pausini

Thx 4 sharing the photos u took in France. Noticed u appear in 2 pictures. U only took pictures of scenery?

I love going holiday in Spring, autumn or winter but not summer.
sad.gif

Is Lourdes, Arcachon far away fm Paris? We will stay in Paris. Wonder if there r other places we can go to.

jady

hi jus,

gowns ok lah, but i feel tat i look fat loh(bottom half so big!)...then of cos i saw other designs on TV & i wish i had done tat...keke
my PS 3 wks later.

shook

Hihi Kare

Hmm..not me lar. It is Pausini who posted the photo of the cream.

U leaving on Mon yar, wish u a happy n enjoyable honeymoon.

jus

Hi Jady,

Dun worry… I also think the same way, and sort of ‘regretted’ the design that I have chosen after seeing other designs… hee hee
But my FH tried to assure me that the design I chose is ok… ; )
Hiya… what to do… my gowns are completed oledi…

Your PS is 3 weeks away…
Must get enough rest and sleep… so that you’ll be fresh on the day of PS ; )

pucca

taddess,
i juz found the song yesterday! am looking anxiously for the CD even though i got the mp3.. but I don't think the player can take mp3 format.
Will be going to look got the CD during lunch time 2day. Hopefully can find ah ..*pray hard*

last night was doing the sitting arrangment with my hubby, we found out tt we have hit the min no. of required tables. hopefully no one did not turn up last min... :p

kare2711

Shook
Haa .. me blur liao ah. Sorry! Well, I wish you would have a joyous honeymoon too, and somemore with another May bride *envy*

kare2711

To liven up this thread a little, a little poll. So now .. everyone's Mrs .. ?

I'll start the ball rolling with mine:

kare2711 - Mrs Soh

feb

Hi Leo

Sorry leh...Busy with my work this whole week now then i manage to log into this forum..Pai say pai say...
blush.gif

Tonite got gathering huh...Can I tentatively confirmed or not huh..Scare I last min got work to do again...If not able to go then i sms you can?

Y

yi

hi cherubies,
never mind, we will be patiently waiting for your nice pics. Btw, my europe tour pkg with Chan Brothers also cancelled due to insufficient heads. Hiaz! This is the 2nd time it was cancelled liao, 1st with SA(UIC) and 2nd with Chan Bros. Sianz man!
sad.gif

taddess

Pucca,

Actually I just wanted to use MP3 and convert it to audio files but when we tried it out at the venue, there were disturbances....so was advised to buy it Wonder why so many brides could just burn from mp3 and I couldn't
sad.gif
but nevertheless, found it so glad. If the song's so old, wonder how to get it...

cherubies

Hi Yi,
huh, you also ah... really terrible. now i have to wait for next week cos the 2nd tour is still not yet confirmed even tho the depaarture date is the same as the first cancelled tour. seriously think may be cancelled...

if cancelled, then we have to think if there's any other place to go.

pausini

Hi Shook:
Lourdes and Arcachon is quite far away. we need to take an internal flight to bordeaux and 30 min - 1 hr ride to arcachon.. Dun recon u to visit that place during ur honeymoon.. hahaha..

Arcachon is along the coast, if u look at the map of france. u can find it. There are alot of visitor during summer cos they can go swimming there. France is a Catholic country, and there is some historial story abt lourdes on mother mary, I guess and we collect holy water there. I still have a bottle at my mum place....

Kare: look like someone is very proud to be promoted to MRS har....

OK Pausini = Mrs Wong.
My surname is Gong so i only need to change the "G" to "W". hahaha...

meow

Attendance(10 Person): Meow, Amore, Leo, Grace, Akira, wedsoon, Are, Min, Wen, Sunnyling

Un-confirm: Yve, Shirlynn, Feb

Time:7-730pm

Venue : Joaqium(Suntec)

bonnie

Hi everyone

help your help. my hubby will be going overseas and i amd left to take care of the wedding. he will only be back 10 days before the wedding. Just want to check with you all what are the item that i need to take care besides the following :

(1)printing of invitation card
(2)guest list
(3)Si Dian Jing
(4)Food tasting
(5)????

can you all please advise?

may

Vin: i did buy some cosmetic in korea. the local brands..they are cheap. agree w you the locals spent alot on their face and accessories...but dress badly...

i wld love to be a spoilt wife too...so ur hubby got his own business?

i dont really like the korean instant noodle when i was there. dunno why...in s'pore i like but over there no ...cup noodles are cheap though...i eat alot of cuttlefish when i was there...very yummy...

Pausini: me soon...no lah...i m still adjusting to the new lifestyle leh...housework itself is already killing me...and i try to cook at least twice on weekdays and on sat.

who's cantonese in the May bride and an expert in brewing soup?

Shook: i also have a friend like u that eat seafood and veg. So u done cook meat at home for hubby?

Kare: oh enjoy your honeymoon on Monday...
When r u coming back????

BTW, i m Mrs Cheong...