(2003) Brides of year 2003

kare2711

pausini
yah when I am financially ok .. I will be quitting teaching. I have no more passion for teaching anymore. So I guess it's time to go
sad.gif

Shook
Thanks! I don't mind the coughs really
happy.gif
but I'll be drinking lots of water to make sure I'm at least well that day. Everyone's asking me if I'm excited but I don't feel excitement, only panic that there are still so many things to do !

lkf

leo

i think it shld be ok to ask married fren as ah yee lah. me too thinking of the no of ah yees to hv, must this be even no too? initially i thot of 4 but "4" in cantonese mean "mati" so i am thinking whether 1 can hv 3 (3 means alive in cantonese) which sound more auspicious.

Serene

can u change the driving test date, maybe to a later date or something? personally i myself dun like having PS during the seventh mth. usually the older generation will not like having wedding preparation, house moving during tis period...my mom is not superstituous, but she always feel that it wld be good if we can avoid doing things during this period, unless we r really left with no choice, just to make us "an xin".

just my $0.02. but remember u two must be happy with the dates ultimately...

totoro

talking abt stress..
i am so stressed today. I have friends who actually called and said his wife and baby coming la..then asked me to book room for them etc..
when i called them before i send the card, they said they will be alone..now they changed their mind..so irriated. started to wonder if they are there for my wedding or holidays.

stressed...

lkf

leo

wah saw the honeymoon places u hv shortlisted. really romantic. i thot of canada before the sars outbreak, it's a much cheaper option compared to US but i think i hv to give that up. so hubby n myself shortlisted australia (self drive either melbourne n tasmania or perth) n Korea, cos they r cheaper :p n more or less sars free...but if i hv the budget (which i think it's unlikely becos of the strong euros
sad.gif
), i dun mind going to France n Switzerland again. those european cities r really charming...

akira

Serene,

guess if your hubby is not comfortable then its better not to have PS in the Chinese 7th month. Else could have psychological impact for years to come. For myself, we are doing PS in Aug -- reason being most people won't so service might be better. also its the only month in which both of us have a bit of spare time. anyway we ROMed two years ago on the 14th day of the seventh Chinese month (no choice -- had deadline to get hitched). But so far everything has been ok, both of us happy and doing fairly well at work. anyway I was told tat our ROM date happened to be auspicious for Indians. Case of one men's meat is another's poison I guess.

good luck for your driving test.
happy.gif
I'm also belatedly learning driving at this grand old age but not near test date yet. hopefully can pass b4 wedding. crossing my fingers

lkf

ava

switzerland is beautiful...peaceful, clean and scenic. it was a free n easy trip few yrs back to France, Holland, London with 2 other friends, so we didn't really spent a lot of time in Switzerland only to Zurich n Lucerne. can't remember the cost but we bought the youth eurorail pass as we r under 26 then so we save quite a bit on transportation. Things r not really cheap there n bulk of the expenditure was spent on food n accomodation.

erm, not sure .... you want to try webshots?
Webshots quite reliable, can use as screen saver also, but i'm not sure if it can take >50 photos.

kk, thanks for sharing your photos! You look good & v slim too!

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

Thanks for your advices!!!! Feel much better after hearing it...
happy.gif

I think that i might change my test date but there is a additional charges.. Dun know how much??? Anyone any ideas...???

leo29

Me too assume it to be ok but oso heard some of them said better don’t. Don’t care lah, just go ahead becos out of my 8 gd frds, 4 already married. Four very little lei! Me very headache, if according to my plan, I will ve 11 Ah Yee. 8 gd frds+2 younger sister+brother galfrd. Cannot lei! Must be even nos.

Lkf,

I have answer your quiry above. So you been to France and Switzerland! Hao Ming huh! But my frd told me Switz nothing much, sight seeing and ice skate only. I planned to take 2 weeks leave so can go to further mah. But still have to depend on hubby, afraid his company only give him 1 week.

Serene,

For me I will go for my driving test becos the next test date will be quite sometimes, right? Me too was avoiding the lunar Jul so I bring forward to Ang Mo July. Try talk to your bridal shop to arrange another date. How about Sept? At first I tot sept will be too late but we have a few gals here having their their PS in Sept.

meekoo

hi shook

is alan from WL too? when u leaving for your honeymoon?

me planning japan/korea or australia. wanted very much to go europe but very expensive

hi kare
why the sudden lost of passion for teaching? i know it wasn't easy to inital stage during your training as teacher rite? y give up now?

i thot it a pity. anyway follow you heart which will lead to happy life.
happy.gif

lkf

leo

me not hao ming lah. i think some of the gals here had travelled to much more places compared to me. me only a bit here n there, so not comprehensive enough.

i dunno why i like Switzerland maybe it's becos that's the 1st time i saw snow mt n that left me with a deep impression...suan ku... If i hv the $$, i will definitely go there again.

yah...now come to think of it, nov is late autumn for the northern atmosphere, so the weather cld be very cold n the daylight is very short lei.

meow

Serene,
Maybe you can try to ask the centre what's the charges. Else i think you can get your bridal to change to a slightly earlier date.

Grace,
the sale ends this saturday 31st May. Its true Tampinese Spotlight is having a sale too. Also till this saturday. See which one convient you go lah. Too bad i can't mmet up with you at most i go with you. I think your photos will look great with Miffy around. He's soooo cute.
happy.gif

amore

leo.... wah soo many ah?... i oni plan to have 3 ah yees....

so fast u all tok abt honeymoon liao... anyone plan to have honeymoon in Y2004 instead of rite after wedding??

elaine

Hi Cherubies,

Looking forward to see your pics
happy.gif
Ok, let's meet up after 2nd week of June, when flowee is ready.

How about 18th June (Wednesday)? Anyone keen?

bigbird

Hi Sweets, my program booklet is done already but have not sent out to the priets yet. Should be ok lah, follow the sample he gave me, most probably will pass to him this weekend & also see him for my marriage preparation stuff lah...

I'm in the midst of sending out the cards and now realise I don't have enough... inviting too many Singles already..... so looks like good friends will be getting e-cards instead....
biggrin.gif
...hee...heee...hee.... safe money....

Have not gotten any RSVPs.... & have yet to settle church flowers & caterer... food tasting will be this Thursday.... SIGH... so little time so much to do...... stress... lucky now hse reno...if not I will go crazy.... Ha..Ha..ha..
lol.gif

kopibean

hi leo,

wow...u plan to go italy,switzerland and france.
Me also thinking of going to france and italy too but scared tat time, the weather might be cold...is it true?

hi amore,

me plan to have honeymoon rite after wedding so at least i am still in the mood...heehee

hi all,

me plan to hav 9 ah yees plus 2 of my cousins n 1 small gal kid...so will be total 12.
the more the merrier mah...but of coz the ang bao will be bigger loh...haiz

leo29

lkf,

Ya hor! Liao lah! Have to ask opinion from my frds again, they are stewardess so been there quite often. If not then have to postpond the honeymoon to few mths back,
sad.gif
. Amore, I may join you.

Amore,

Ask ask check check by the time i confirmed, it will have travel fair so just nice mah. No lah, i just want to settle those not so important thing first.
happy.gif

The more the better mah, more Re Nao. Hubby oso call many brother. Now he is cracking his head to reduce them. He had too many grp of close frds.

Gals,
Is it time for us to arrange another round of gathering? The last gathering is End Mar. 3 mths once so just nice, june.

leo29

Kopibean,

I think should be winter by then. I have to check with my frds. Actually winter is not very very cold unless there is wind. The coldest is when snow start to melt, that is freezing!

Last year end when i went to China, Chengde, temperature is minus but i still can take it lah. Strong hor! Gee.... becos I wear 2 sets of thermal. hahaha...

ally

hi JT... thanks for your help
happy.gif
i will send u an email to get more details.

wah, even jun hols not spared for u
sad.gif
look on the bright side. mebbe can go for short trip to bintan/batam with your FH for those 3 days to relax?

serene

Hi ladies,

kk: thanks for sharing the fotos! You look very pretty in the fotos..hope mine will turn out fine..can't wait for Sat to come..haha
happy.gif

1027: Yup..wil lbe very busy for the whole of June..so tot I need a break...long time never been for a long break liao...badly need one to re-charge..hehe
happy.gif

N

novgroom

Ava,

Normally you will get 2 single size instead of a king size divan. Most of the lifts and staircase cannot accomodate a king size divan. I think the cheapest should be made of PVC. What's your budget? Maybe I can check with my company.

Grace,

That's why I didn't choose sentosa for my PS. There are too many couples selecting that place. In the end, everybody is taking the same pose.. haha..

Anyway, I have finished my PS and have chosen the photos last week, don't have to think about it anymore.
happy.gif

flowee

hi elaine n cherubies

so i will b able 2 view both of ur nice pix rite??? :p
mi fine with 18th june...
we can arrange when the date get nearer...
happy.gif

strawberry

Hi hi,

i am also a 22nd jun bride...feeling stressed..cos my hubby is so busy..n he got not much time to get things ready..including the Guo Da Li items...

btw,just would like to check, according to chinese customs,is it tat for the number of jie mie's, it must be even number? both my hubby n i like the number 3 lei..pls advise. thanks!

pausini

Hi Meekoo:
I dun think Alan is from WL. I havent been for my honeymoon. Look like cant go anywhere now. will have to wait for next time. Also we spend alot and need to save up for further trips...

shook: same here got alot of shots i wanted to enlarge too. i bought some of the photo frame that able me to place 3 4R together in more frame. may be getting that else do some computer effect to the photo and make them into a montage and get it develop and make it as one pix will do.
How many rolls did Alan took for u? He took 11 rolls for me. I also got a small gift from him...
Every moment is very well capture, i am very pleased with his job. All my relatives like him and they also said he charge very cheap.

Kare: No passion for teaching liao..
wah how to tahan like that, got to have alot of love for the children leh... i guess teacher is a hard job.

amore

more ah yee and xiong di means more ang bao... then hor oso need to take care of their transport leh....

hmm my day time ah yee and my dinnr recep. diff group of pple.... u all the same group of pple?

akira

leo, I think your suggestion of another gathering is a good one... I missed the second cos of last min work and didn't get to see some of you. :p

amore, for myself, dinner recept will prob use different group of people cos need help from colleague to recognise my colleagues and my own sister can recognise all my frens and relatives. anyway not a v big wedding dinner...

girls, btw have you roughly decided on your guest lists? I'm having a hard time trying to decide on the guest list for my colleagues. dunno who to include or exclude cos I actually work with a lot of people.... dun want to offend anyone.. and also dunno how should I entertain the bosses.. haiz.. would appreciate advice. thanks.

nicky

Hi Strawberry

me oso a 22 june bride.

tink even or odd doesn't really matter as long as u, yr hubby and both yr parents r ok wif it.

dun b so stressed k.

cheers

jazz

Shook, my colleague told me he has a palm translator. Will check out with him on the software so that I can upload into my palm top. He says have french, german & italian or something like that.
happy.gif

Pausini, Shook, you both used Alan for your actual day? Can I have his contact? I thot of recommending to my friends if his work is good and charges reasonable.
happy.gif

Kare, must take care, your wedding is just around the corner rite? Wish you to be a very beautiful bride on your big day!
happy.gif
happy.gif
Btw, where can I download this Metro program from? Thanks!

Meekoo, Japan and Korea will be nice! If you have not been to New Zealand, you can consider that as an option for your honeymoon. It's a very beautiful and nice place. End of the year will be just the right time 'cos it's summer and it's not cold.

J

jt

Hi Ally, u r welcomed.
happy.gif

aiyo, all teachers are not to go overseas w/o boss permission leh. Dun say bintan, even JB or cruise also must get permission.This is due to SARS la.

meow

Gals,
Anyone still need free emcee? Epsilon is still available on certain dates in Nov thats 18,22,25,29?

You all wan another gathering huh? Okay lor, then i need to plan. Any ideas you all one to use this opportunity to make corsage together or jus a meetup dinner or both? If both, then it'll have to be sat. Go somewhere(hopefully someone can sponsor their home) and make corsage, after that go for dinner. i'll post 4 dates and see response.
Fri(eve) - 6, 13
Sat(aft/eve) - 14, 28

Akira,
Somehow i've already started drafting out the namelist. I invite those who are in my working place say room or level in your case? Then others who i'm close to and or when i have lunch with them, i'll jus ask if they free to come or not.

amore

akira... ya my "experienced" fren did tell me for recep u need someone whom ur guest recognise... like maybe sis/cousin for relatives... then a fren for frens guest...

me oso got abit of prob for my colleagues.. but diff from u... my company is small... 20 odd pple... so diff proj get to work with diff pple... but hor some dun click some can click... oso dunno shld invite those cannot click anot... coz in such a small company this kinda things sure whole company noe one.. dun invite oso cham... invite oso like beary 'xu wei'...

then another thing is we oso get to work with colleagues from other countries... dunno shld invite them anot... if invite them shld I pay for their stay in SG... *headache*...

yve

Meow,
I can make it on 13, 14 and 28.

My guestlist is still evolving. Added more from the office as my team merged with another, so better invite everyone. My Jiemei will be my recep gers too, cos they include 2 gers from my office. My cousin will help out for the relative side. FH's bro and my bro can help out with relatives too, but wun be sitting at the recep table.

pooh

Hi tt,
wat time u reach Universal? I left at ard 7pm. I havent choose my tea dress yet will be choosing this coming sat. As well as going for my 3rd fitting for my WG.

besse

hi gals..

wow.. so many postings in a day *faint!

Yve, Sweetie..
Just took me to dinner by the beach at Safra Ctry Club, then after dinner, opened boot on pretext of asking me put my stuff in, then i saw the sunflowers he got, and he got down on his knees, took out the ring and ask me to marry him!
happy.gif
simple, but i was so surprise and happy that i was speechless for a few mins.
happy.gif

What abt you gals.. how's your proposals like??
happy.gif

Leo

Thanks for the input.. but will the time of marrying be decided that early?? wat abt guo da li date? when will that be decided??

Hmm.. honeymoon, we initially wanted to go either spain / france / italy, but Nov is either winter or late autumn.. days will be short, so don think will enjoy to the fullest.. in the end decided eith to finish up Melbourne (great ocean rd) and Tasmania or go Hawaii and Jap.
happy.gif
Saving Europe till next yr spring or summer - hopefully me not pregnant then..

Ava, Leo,

Swiss is nice, but darn ex. i feel so broke there.. a Mac meal cost us S$12. maybe i can suggest you gals to consider Germany - they have this Romantic Road in Germany.. lovely towns and fairy tale castles.. I loved it there!! It's a perfect place for self driving and honeymoon!!

Meow..

Wow.. gathering!! good good!! Can make it on all days except 14th, cos going for 2nd fitting and have to pei my bf before he flies off to US on the 15th.. other days ok! looking forward! you need help in organising??

meow

Those who can make it:
6 - Meow, Amore, Besse
13 - Meow, Yve, Besse
14 - Meow, Amore, Yve
28 - Meow, Yve, Besse

Dun think i have much time to come in here now. Anyone free just update for me will do.
But i do need the feedbacks whether all of you want to make corsage on the same day.

Grace,
You need me to join you down to spotlight? Say tomorrow? I need to buy some ribbons. Dunno there cheaper or arab St cheaper. The ribbon my sis bought is too light. Purple become white liao

shook

Hihi Meekoo
Me going honeymoon next mth. Package tour to Europe is v cheap now. The package sold at $2,788 @ NATAS fair is selling @ $2,188 now. U may like to think abt it.
Alan is not fm WL but tied up wif WL. I got him myself not thru WL

Hihi Pausini
I almost bought the series frame. Come to think of it, I got 2 portrait, 2 table tops. If I display more photos, my hse looks packed wif photos. So put away dat idea. May put a photo in my office
Alan took 13 rolls of photos 4 me. Can't agree more, he charged v cheap still give gift. I felt so pai say. Everyone including my ah yi praised him.

Hihi Kare
Can understand teaching is not an easy job. I have a friend who is teaching. She always says sian, sms oso says sian

Hihi Jazz
I almost bought a package on learning French dat comes wif CD, course bk n a dictionary fm Kinokuniya yesterday. I wz going eslewhere so dun wanna carry the package ard. Thot of getting it 2day after work.
Alan's no is 97591469

sweetcoco

Besse,
My proposal was a surprise too. He lied that he will return two days later than the actual day from his business trip and asked me to receive something urgent from his friend in town. Before I could see his friend, I saw him at the restaurant with a bouquet of flowers. He gave me the ring after our meal. Didnt kneel down though... but I was already very happy....
happy.gif

leafy

Nice to see this thread active again.
happy.gif

Hi flo, kk, yi, elaine, jady, wenn, cherubies.

kk & cherubies,
nice to hear about how much fun u had during ur PS cos I just had mine yesterday! We enjoyed ourselves very much. But I regreted choosing such a big long and heavy outdoor gown. If not, maybe I'd perspire less.
proud.gif

kk,
Nice pictures! finally "see" u. Both of u look so lovely... so fast collect ur album liao ah?

flo,
JIA YOU!!! Try to take out high carbohydrates and soft drinks from ur meals for these 3 weeks. Replace rice with with lots of soup, vege, plain water. Compliment tis diet regime with some light exercise. Guarantee will slim down. :)
I give u moral support!! flo go Go GO!
proud.gif

wenn,
6 guests is really too few. Where will u be holding ur ROM lunch?

jus

Hi kk,

Finally, managed to access the website…
The photos are beautiful and well-taken
You look very good in kua!

Thanx for sharing your photos…. ; )

lkf

meow

me free on the Sats only. hopefully i can join u gals this round. i missed the other 2 rounds due to last min work assignments.

me too started drafting my guest list. not only hving headache on who to invite, the seating arrangemt is also going to be another headache later.

ava

Hi Novgroom
happy.gif

thnks for helping!
happy.gif
i'm not sure of the prices so maybe you can help suggest.
brand is not important for us, just as long as it's realiable... maybe for starters, our budget is 500? i really don't know what the pricing.
THANK YOU!
happy.gif

Ok gals
happy.gif
i can meet
happy.gif
too bad my home not rady yet ;)

T

tt

Hi morni pooh
Me reached around 7 plus lor.so u hvnt choose your tea dress but did you take a look @ their dress hw it looks like.

cath

Hi Ladies, good morning...

kk: wow, seen yr photos.. so well taken... i'm so envy.. I have the same feel as Serene which is you look great in Kua... Sigh, I havent even taken my PS.. still a mth to go..

1027: you were saying that you have lots of things that you need to rush out? What are they huh? cos I seem to be idling since 2mths back.. nothing to follow up like that... can share share with me what have i missed? :\

Serene: remember to let us see yr picts too ok? feel happy for you...