(2003) Brides of year 2003

yve

leo,
i also try not to buy products from facial place. But been using the normal products like cleansing milk and toner from there, and quite good, price is about 30 like other cleanser so i buy lor.. each bottle last about 2 months.. Need to buy this weekend when i visit her. Need cleanser, toner and moisturiser. Will try the cleasing oil too. So money will fly from my purse again..

I did not order the wine at carrefour just now. Too early lor and my banquet IC also say no space to keep at her office. So will have to wait till 1 or 2 months before the dinner. The wine that I am beo-ing is $19.20 now. If purchase is more than 200, carrefour will have free delivery. Another brand that i like is windham estate, esp bin 555. Goes for 20 plus.

pooh

Hi taddess,

ya i find the wrist corsage quite nice. Carol told me u bought from her. I get to "talk" to her in the HIPV. She having her wedding last yr there and i am having mine this yr.

Hi Abrinas,
Hi..hi.. Didnt get to "see" u for quite some time. Ya i am going for Aust my honeymoon. Will be going Gold Coast, Sydney and Melbourne. Luckily i have my hse done up last yr end liao so no worried abt reno.
happy.gif

Hi tt,
yup i am a Universal bride. How u know? U too?

pooh

Hi tt,
so u MTM ur gown? When u collecting your gown. I just went Universal today for my fitting. Have u collect ur album?

BTW i am not wearing kua also i feel that is very hot. So i ask for tea dress.

happy.gif

pucca

hi gals,
nx wk is june liao !! so fast ... yet hvnt finalize on a lot of nitty gritty stuff like march in songs ...

pooh, me same like u not wearing kua ... will be wearing a tea dress instead .. weather hv been v.hot lately.

ladies, must drink more water n sleep well ok .. keep ur stress level to the minimum to prevent outbreaks .. :p

J

jt

Hi Ally,

u wanna try it at some company? The corset is reali comfortable, got slimming effect and wears well. u can email me at [email protected]

As for my Jun hols, well, i got only 3 days left. Coz, 1 week go school continue teaching, one week use for setting exam paper, and 2 days for workshops and meetings. (there goes my rest time. Sigh).

S

shanice lai

Hi gals

Long time never posted anything here.. hope some of u still remember me... shanice - actual day 22nd june!!!
happy.gif
so excited!

Have collected wedding album (studio n outdoor photoshoot pics), chosen actual day gown, kwa and evening gown... but i no wedding dinner.... just lunch reception :p

Below is the url link to my online album.. i've scanned and uploaded some pics.

http://www.fujifilm.com.sg/html/publicBrowse.php3?id=3ed2450152a2c

Do drop some comments
happy.gif
Thanks!!!! Have fun on ur wedding day, everyone!
happy.gif

Shanice

besse

Aros gals

Hee.. it was a memorable weekend for me.. *grin*.. bf FINALLY proposed!! Lolz.. ya, he toe-ba-lek, now then propose.
happy.gif
tot he's never going to ask me marry him formally.. lolz..

GSS is here!
happy.gif
spent weekend shopping and walking ard too.. Robinsons sale.. can get your guys' cuff sleeves shirts there! just managed to get bf's shirt with matching tie.. wahaha.. make him wear red for wedding day!!

Leo29

Hee.. i oso kena scolding left right centre cos of overnite mj.. now like kena banned.. cos i oso look like xiong mao.. die.. muz start facial.. but i super lazy 2 go...

my PS on 18 July.. still way to go.. now looking forward to 2nd fitting
happy.gif

Yve..

Wah.. you ROMing soon!! now left me single only
happy.gif
seemed like all of you became Mrs oledy hor?!

err.. ask you gals.. our parents meeting in 2 weeks time.. what should be discussed ar? my mum oso a bit clueless.. advise pls!!

Thanks

N

novgroom

lkf,

Usually, divan will be stronger and more hardy than bedframe. As it is not wooden strips, it support the mattress better. Weather you want a headboard together with a divan is up to your choice. Some people may get the contractor to create some wall features to act as a headboard.

sweetie

Hi Besse,
How was your proposal like? Was it romantic?

My PS is on 12 July. More than a month to go... 2nd fitting on 7th June.

Went to Tangs yesterday and bought a belt for my hubby. My anniversary is coming...
happy.gif

lkf

novgroom

thanks for the info. hais...me bought the bedframe already cos really like the design...

for those who r sourcing for mattress n divan, do take note of this useful advice from novgroom.

anyway gals n guy

do u all know where i can find nice candles as decoration. bought 2 shelves from ikea sometimes back n am thinking of getting some nice n colourful candles to put on the shelves.

for those staying in the east, spotlight @ tampines dbs centre is also hving sale. can drop by to take a look after work for those interested.

cherubies

Hi Elaine,

hee hee. mine was fun. i was wearing my 3 and a half inch shoes thru out my ps... was perspiring like mad until my makeup artist said "xia yu le" [it's raining]. hee hee... no problem, will show you and all when the pixs are ready. should be next week select pixs.
wink.gif

Hi flo,
don't worry, your ps will be fun. i went to sembawang park and chijmes. enough... seems so fast but my fh said got take a lot of pixs. hee hee...

i don't mind meeting up. let me know. i've got some polariods of the ps to share tho they are too small to scan in. hee hee.

feb

Hi Leo

Aiyo.....FIL is not my father in law lah..Is the name of the facial salon called FIL Skin & Body Intelligence at International Building in Orchard..Hahahha...You made me read your thread till blur blur...

Hi Yve

Your facial salon sound like good deal leh...Are they very pushy or not huh..

Well my trial turn out very well and i like both my WG and EG...At the same time also already selected for four other gowns for my PS in June.One of the pieces that i selected is a two pc one with the top revealing the belly..My mum see liao almost fainted..Also discussed the location for the PS..Keith is also very fun and nice guy...Think you also will have an enjoyable time with them when your trial is near. BTW did you ever mention that your makeup artist is Keith also?

Hi Amore

I dunno wat prodcuts FIl used leh..I signed up for both the FIL young and FIL white and the second time i went , they keep pushing me to sign up with wat ampoule for better treatment. Then i blur blur take lor...In the end burn a hole in my pocket...So now i clever liao whenever i go they keep pushing i just reject lor...Their service is so so lah but very difficult to book the slot..As for the result, i can see that my face mark got lighten a bit lah..

sweets

hi all...

finally got my invites printed...phew...Hi Tech has been great!!! They really did a good job and given that I only passed them the cards last Friday..I am sooo impressed *grin*

trying to breathe still...so bz...argggghh

Shanice!! Nice pix
happy.gif
love your EGs ...very classy...

Privilged/Big Bird..Have you all gotten the OK from your pastors for the ceremony program ? I'm still stuggling with the vows...kekek...

T

tt

Hi Pooh
Me yesterday was @ Universal till abt 9pm.Looking for my tea dress.Still can't find any.So u had ur tea dress chosen.
tt

ava

Hey Novgroom!
happy.gif

need your help... i need to buy a king size divan. dun need a very ex one...any gd place to go buyt this from?
happy.gif

yve

Feb,
Nope, Karen is not pushy. I tell her in the face that I don't want to buy product during one of my visit and she is okay.
Keith is the make-up guy uh? Who is the photographer? I have not have my trial. It is suppose to be for my ROM next Fri.
Did you see my ROM dress? Do you think my MIL will faint?

leo29

Besse,

Must be smiling all the way on the weekend! My PS also in July, 23rd. I think quite a nos of us having PS in July. I can't advise you fully what they should discuss but base on my frds info., so far i can remember are

-Ping Jing
-Qty of cake/biscuit for Guo Da Li
-Other item for Guo Da Li, eg hard liquor, orange, roast pig(You cantonese right?)
-Items for acutal day.
-Table qty for bride side.
-Acutal day timing.....etc
-Request for Si Dian Jing if either side is teochew.

Feb,

Me so sotong, tot FIL mean Future-in-law. Hahaha..... Si Li Si Li. I remember during our last gathering, your hubby not really approve of going honeymoon. Did you manage to persuade him? So you going to New Zealand?

So far any of you had confirm honeymoon place?

yve

leo,
MIL wun faint. heh, but I think I will be able to keep myself cool on that day.. Whole back exposed..
What is the rate for ping jing now?? It is from the groom to the bride right?

Besse, how did he proposed??

S

shanice lai

hi lynnie

the outdoor location is Tioman
happy.gif
part of the package by the JB studio...

glad that the pics turned out well! a load off my mind!
happy.gif

Shanice

lkf

leo29

haven't really thot of honeymoon places. will depend on the budget n how the SARs thingy develop. my hubby and i hv decided to wait for the NATAs fair in Sep to see if there r any gd offers available.

note that most of u gals r going for PS in Jul. my fitting will be in Jul n PS on 4 Sep, can't hv it in Aug as it's the seventh month on lunar calendar. do remember to share ur PS experience ok...

leo29

Yve,

I think 2k-3k. But our parent cannot take all lor, still have to return some to guy side. Just for your info., if possible try to do facial 2 weeks before any big occassion especially our wedding day. Just in case out break. If so at least we still have 2 weeks to cool our face down. Your facial is only a week b4 your ROM.

S

shgong

Hi Shook: Dinner in msia is terrible. the food taste really horrible and we are paying way much for it. My mum wanted to scold the restaurant but she said she didnt cos my PILs are there. When i am back spore my PIL also said the food are bad and suggest we should said them. Sigh my mum shld have gone ahead.

My uncle friend didnt drink alot. thanks! only 7 bottles for beers is consume and my MIL herself consume one black. My unlce bring 3 packets of 5 litre of red wine and only 1 packet is fully consume and the other one is open but not finished so my hubby and BIL enjoy it later.

Travel is ok, i travel to penang for a short holiday. At 1st thot only two of us end up with my mum, my sis and my BIL. ok lah.. we treat this as a family outing. penang is also very hot, the traffic is terrible....

good things is everyone dun allow me to carry heavy things so i very relax lor...
My dad didnt turn up for my wedding. god really bless me. May be he still dun know i got married. he keep calling my HP but i just dun want to talk to him. Cos all call from him means he wants $$ from me. So sick of all his stupid excuses.

Shook: when are u getting ur photo from Alan? One of my hubby's friend is also getting him for their actual day. there are some shots is very well taken. i think i can enlarge it and frame it up...

Kare:
U must really take care. U seen a doctor???? How come didnt get better?? Did u still go to work? drink more water, take more fruit that give cooling effect. Actual day wedding, u will be very very exhasted one.....

U still have fever? heard of the chinese medicine call "Ling Yang" it is the strip of the deer horn, boil it in water and it help to cool u down very fast. dun get those bottle one, not effective. Get those packet type that u need to cook them. Veryy good, my sister also very heaty and fever. My mum will cook this for her and her fever will go down very fast.
Try OK!

yve

leo,
Return how much of the ping jing??

My beautician knows about my ROM date. It was she who suggested the date. She would know what to do as most of her customers are brides-to-be. Like she wun squeeze if big day is near.

feb

Hi leo

Cannot remember my hubby say he not going for honeymoon during our last meeting leh..Or is it he tok behind my back while i toking to the other girls huh..My hubby and I both agreed to have honeymoon lah if we are not so ties up financially ..Yap we intend to go to New Zealand depending on the date available lor cos we are going to take the tour package..If not Tasmania is also not a bad idea...Where did you intend to go?

Hi Yve

No lah..Dun think your MIL will faint lah...Anyway is once in a lifetime mah..so must show our assets while we can...
lame.gif
. You mean you still do not know which make up artist is being assisgned to you huh...Think they have two lor..One is Irene and the other is Keith. But alot commented that Keith is good and I dun deny the fact cos his make up is really very natural. Guess wat..He show us his profile and he actually do make up for the TCS artists as well....So more confident lor...The photographer is Kelvin - A very soft spoken guy..But A bit disappointed in the sense that the location that i want at Punggol where there are lalang is no longer available as it has been develope by LRT...

grace

hi amore...
me oso went indulge on thurs evening..yap they told me u were there in the afternoon..me din now u went for photoshoot...
i went to sentosa oso ah.. i din see u... they have sooooo many couples there for shooting..i saw 6 couples ah at least.

my photos nt out yet lah... got a poloroid.. no scanner leh...

meow..
me not yet go spotlite..when the sale end..??
they closing down ah.. so sayang..
miffy went with me for the shoot... but he berry tired..hehehe...

Have fun gals at the photoshoot.. it was fun for me.. =)

W

whitely

Shanice,

I am one of the 22 june brides, too

viewed your photo in detailed
happy.gif
I like your photo of studio 1. the hair style is simple but with the deco on it looks very elegant! Is this your actual day hair style?

I am searching for my hairstyle for dinner. Thinking of getting a princess-look, any suggestion or where I can have more reference about hairstyle? Headache~~~
sad.gif

lkf

yve

not too sure how much to rtn but i heard from my fren that the amount shld be auspicious/even. dunno whether this is correct or not.

i guess the rates is around what leo has mentioned earlier.

K

kk

Hi Gals,

Forgot to drop a line here?!

U can access the following link for my photos:

http://photos.yahoo.com/kerenelu

But this website is sometimes up and sometimes down leh. Not reliable wan. 1027, u know other more reliable websites?

These are the photos which i have "sacrificed" cos i can only put 50 photos in my mag album. The other 50 have been sent for processing, so can only share in Aug
happy.gif
These photos will be in another smaller album.

Hi Serene,

Do exert self control! hahahaaha... now then i know it is very difficult, so i top up a $1800 to get back all my photos and upgrade to mag style. Now it all depends on u already.. kekekee...

amore

grace... aiya... my appt in the afternoon oso leh.. hmm... maybe i go back liao u there... ya saw alot of couples leh... esp the big tree and those pre war houses... dat day was super hot!!

ur legs ache anot huh the next day?.. my legs was aching the next day... hubby oso...

soyabean

hi gals...
good morning...
happy.gif

shanice... u 22 jun bride? me too!! ur photos are very nice...
happy.gif

u know gals??? i had my first wedding nightmare yest.
sad.gif
i dreamt dat my bridal shop did a very lousy job for my photo album. they jus simply put the touched up sample photos into a slot-in album for us and said dats our album. i was so angry and sad dat i kept scolding the bridal shop and said if dats the case i shldnt hv paid for my extra photos at all, and i cld hv bgt a normal album and put in the photos myself....

i woke up feeling wuite lousy though its a dream.
sad.gif

abrinas

hi priviledged

My cards are already out and some has replied. Quite glad that my bosses are turning up
biggrin.gif
Felt very honored. Now just a big question mark regarding the attendance of my CEO who is flying in. If he's coming, then I need to order more wine
lame.gif
Don't worry, i m sure yr photos will turn out nice.

Hi pooh

U r going to 3 places then? That's nice. I will be going to Sydney but hse comes first. So good that u done it up last year liao.

Hi beibei

Glad u r trying not to be too excited. My best friend keeps reminding me to keep cool too. Me think i m 2 cool now .. now like waiting for the date to come to be able to do something
lame.gif

Hi pucca

Been a while. Hope u still remember me. Me done with songs already ie. all burnt onto CDs, now listening to them quite often cos I quite like them all cos I did all the selection
lame.gif
I have 3 CDs in total, 12 songs each. Think it shd be enuf rite? I was thinking if not enuf, ask them to play one of the CD again.

Hi totoro

I m collecting my gowns 2 days b4 cos day b4 we cannot meet.

HI Sweets

Glad u like yr cards.
happy.gif
I like mine 2, they turned out quite well. My church programme also confirmed by my reverend liao, and i finish printing both the chinese n english versions liao. Hv to finish early cos we printing ourselves.

kare2711

Pausini
Hmm.. I'm now better, just still need to blow my nose and the occasional cough. But as long as I don't feel weak, I'm very satisfied. Really busy these few days. Moving my things over to the bridal room, as well as running errands (collection of gowns, collection of photos .. ) and I'm only on leave on the actual day since I can only take 3 days marriage leave and I took it for Friday, Saturday and Monday. I hate teaching. Really hate teaching. The only good thing is the salary.

meekoo

hi all

i believe all may brides must be very tired after all the hassles.

me also fell sick with flu and fever last 2 weeks and just recover. i tink the wedding stuff really tired us out!

must rest well okie!
happy.gif

ava

lfk
happy.gif

is there really a natas fair in sept?
happy.gif
okie i'll wait to check it out also
happy.gif

we are planning to go to Tasmania also
happy.gif
happy.gif
but just to cradle mountain area & Horbart 'cos only 1 wk
happy.gif

or else we might want to go see snow ;) or hawaii ;) see the sun sand & sea
happy.gif

lkf

ava

i think so :p usually they hv 1 in Mar (Jun school holiday) n 1 in Sep (Nov/Dec school holiday) unless they change their schedule this year (let's hope not).

pausini

Heh, dun know why my nick got change...

Kare: take care ok.. u dun like ur students?
Teaching is tough, if u dun have the passion, it is hard to continue..

meekoo: u take care too... How is ur wedding??? going to honeymoon?

M

mt

Careful if you are waxing your back or anything- I have very sensitive skin can't wax my upper lips (if DIY the skin comes off! if pro'l it'll still be very red and raw...). I use threading- they have whole face threading, can't recall cost but together with back waxing about $45 in the building opp. Excelsior Hotel (can't recall other details sorry).

I never waxed my back before, actually asked for threading on back but she said too much area to be feasible. Let her try waxing, I was fine even 2 days later on ROM (very nice on ROM actually)... then... 1 day after ROM, was wearing hubby's T-shirt, felt itchy, and broke out in very bad rashes. Whole back seriously affected like OVERNIGHT. Need to push myself to see a doc (calamine and Eurax don't help). Probably caused by sensitive skin unused to waxing and hubby's suspect T-shirt).

So, beware of any new treatments you wanna try just before
happy.gif

lkf

MT

thanks for the advice. me got very hairy lower arms and am thinking of going for waxing to get rid of them nearer to PS, dun really want to wear long gloves to hide them somemore me also quite short think the gloves will look funny on me. now must really be careful abt this as I also never try waxing my arms before.

better see a doctor quickly if those usual calamite lotions are not working on the rashes. do take care.

meekoo

hi pausini

thanks. quite smoothly. just got the actual day photo. i tink i look pretty tired...eyes very small the whole day!

honeymoon likely end of the year. plan to go somewhere further then got to save up again lor...

so when getting your actual day photos? remember to post up and send the link to us and view okie!

blessed us all happy and everlasting marriage!
happy.gif
happy.gif

leo29

Feb,

If I’m not wrong, I think we talking about honeymoon place then he just pop in and said no need to go lah. That leave me a deep impression, hahahha…. Just joking! Me still havene decide but already shortlisted France, Italy and Switz

Yve,

Yap, as what lkf had mentioned, auspicious/even amount in hundred.

Anyone here is going to ask frds that is married to be your Ah Yi? Will that be OK? Can we ask our sister to be Ah Yi?

S

shanice lai

hi Whitely

i dun think that's my actual day hairstyle (studio1 style)

but it wun be too elaborate, maybe a half bun and below let down some.... cos now my hairstyle is diff, i have black hair and a short straight fringe, like those china doll style ahahahahah

Maybe u can ask advice from ur makeup artiste cum hairstylist regarding which style suits u best?
happy.gif

thanks for all the compliments... yea many 22nd june brides
happy.gif
Hope that all brides will have a fantastic and memorable day!
happy.gif

Shanice

feb

Leo

Ya hor...I think I remember tat...Think he joking only lah...

One of my Ah Yi is married liao leh...think is ok mah..as long as we dun mind and she also dun mind can liao ...think i saw from one of the thread that one bride got all her ah yi who are married also...

priviledged

Hi Sweets, our church ceremony very standard. Haven't consulted the pastor on the vows. I should be doing that soon. *horrors!* Right now still trying to get all my cards distributed.

shook

Hihi Pausini
Gd heaven dat your wedding dinner went well except the food.
Your family members all sayang u dun let u carry the heavy stuff. Anyway u deserved dat treatement
happy.gif

I collected my actual day photos. Alan did an excellent job. He gave us a pair of porcelain doll as gift to wish us bei tou xie lao. So sweet of him. There r oso many photos dat I wanna blow up 2. But I oreadi got 2 portrait so no place to hang additional portrait liao.

Hihi Kare
Gotta take care n recover b4 your big day. Weather is terrible nowadays. Drink more cooling tea n sleep more.

Hihi Meekoo
Me oso like going to have sore throat these few days. Gotta drink more cooling tea. Where u plan to go 4 honeymoon?

lynnie

Hi soyabean

I think maybe you are too stress that is why you have such a dream. Just relax and everything will turn out fine.

yve

Hi all,

ZZZzzz.. Sleepy after lunch.. Another hot day.. I am having jie mei who are married too. I don't mind. More Jie Mei, more dun lah.. But of course must make sure that they get along with other. My cousin is gng to be one of them.

S

serene sng

Hi gals,

Need your advices!!!!
My PS suppose to be on the 29/8/03 (Chinese date: 2/8/03) but now my driving test date fallen on that date too!!! How har???
uhoh.gif

The bridal pple suggested on the August (which is the Chinese Ghost Festival) to take PS. Do you guys think is advisable??? (My hubby dont quite like it leh...)

Serene
sad.gif