(2003) Brides of year 2003

shook

Hihi Kare
How u now?
I still thot of picking simple French b4 going to France. Unfortunately I dun have a Palm top
sad.gif

Hihi Jazz
I went to Popular yesterday after our meeting. Saw a book on learning French Colloquial. The book is supposed to come wif 2 cassette but the cassette r not there. Another one is CD rom. I dun have a pc @ home. In the n, din buy. Lee n me going to Travelex 29 to gather info.

Hihi Pausini
Welcome back!!
How wz your dinner? Wz the travel hectic? Your uncle n gang drank a lot? Did your dad turn up for your wedding?

jus

Hi 1027,

Thanx… just got a copy during the weekend
Wow… Andy Lee’s charges are really on the high side
But, his make-up is very nice yea?

Hi Amerline,

My photographer offers journalistic shoots as well, but the price is a little higher (1,500 – 1,600 for one whole day)
If I m not mistaken, the 1,600 includes the multi-media presentation, something like a montage. This presentation includes the photos taken during the day! (and he can also include your own photos taken from the bridal studio, childhood photos etc etc)
So, can save on the montage if you are getting one done!
He is actually quite flexible with the hours, not much restriction as long as it’s reasonable
He’s using digital cam, hence, I doubt there’s much limit/ restriction on the number of photos taken…

wah, sounds expensive leh .... i'm engaging Choon Huat. $850 for 8 rolls of edited photos...

huh? you all finish reading the HW Brides already?
I'm still in the first few pages! Weekend busy doing housework, by the time i finish i got no more strength left !

4 months to Oct !!!

lynnie

Hi all June brides

I am a June bride too. My wedding date is drawing near but last Saturday, I trip and fell, my knee and hand are hurt. Sigh..........I do not know what to do now. I cannot even walk properly, so sad. Many things have not done yet but now I cannot do much of the things, only my hubby doing all the things now.

pooh

Hi gals,
how everyone? I having my Guo Da Li this coming sun.
happy.gif

Decide to go for my honeymoon liao. Recently me and hubby very busy with work. Not much time to prepare for our wedding things.

Hi taddess,
u bought ur wrist corsage from Carol is it? I bought mine from her also.

T

tt

Hi,Priviledged my wedding date is 17 June 2003 lor very stress still lot of things hvn't plan yet .

T

tt

Hi Pooh my Guo Da Li oso on Sunday.But some of the things hvn't buy .A bit confused dun noe wat to buy...

cin

Hi Pooh, Taddess,

Are your wrist corsages real or fabric flowers? Me also looking for wrist corsages... but so far the fabric ones that i have seen are not that nice leh... any to recommend?

lynnie

Hi Priviledged

My wedding date is 1 June which is why I am so stress. I think my knee will not recover by then and I cannot kneel down to serve tea to my parents and parents-in-law.

leo29

Hello gals...., why all disappear???? So far, anyone had any achivement over the weekend, I mean buy anythings for wedding or home? Me very lazy, stay at home over the wkend.
sad.gif

Me start to count down already, 6 more mths to my wedding,
happy.gif

serene

Hello gals,
I am back
happy.gif

Hmm..yet to select my fotos cos I went for a short trip to Banyan Tree last Thu (3D2N), couldn't resist the good offer
happy.gif
The Seafront jacuzzi Villa was splendour
happy.gif
A nice place to go but ex (everything in USD)

Will be selecting my photos this coming Sat...dunno how it will turn out..will try to keep within budget cos my package already cost me $3988..hope just need to fork out additional 1K.

I engage a videographer & Photographer for my actual day ($1300), fotos will be taken using digital camera (think 350 journalistic fotos), we find him quite a nice man to talk to..

So fast ..left 4mths to our wedding...house almost done...left the utensils etc...
happy.gif

How u gals doing?

lkf

hello leo29

i'm around but hv nothing much to post...monday ...xianzzzzzzz

i went out on Sat but didn't buy anything. i'll wait for the GSS n see it there r any gd bargains. it's starting this week rt? hv drawn out a list of things that i need to buy but so far only bought a few items like lamps, pillows, bolster. i'm thinking of settling the more simple stuff 1st by end June and then concentrate on the more difficult ones like guest list seating arrangements etc.

6 mths is actually not a lot of time, so i hv to buck up after seeing that some of the gals hv already done so much : P me very lazy one...

yve

hello, I am around too!!

My achievements, hehe..
1. Watched Matrix Reloaded. Enjoyed X-men more, but Matrix is more intelligient.
2. Walked about great world city. Simmons having offer but still very expensive.
3. Bought sofa set from Brighton at GWC. With TV console and table, 2100. Off-white with light green. L-shape sofa with synthetic leather.
4. re-painted one wall of FH's house (cos dirty) and painted over the new cable covering. FH painted the door frame to match the new door that was installed by HDB.
5. went shopping with MIL for a dress to wear during ROM. 200plus, sponsored by FH.
6. Tasted a wine from Carrefour and FH gave go-ahead to buy that.

less than 2 weeks to ROM!!

lkf

wow Yve, u spent ur weekend well...

anyway which wine u r buying n how much? will be going to fine wines at sunset way to take a look this coming weekend. can pass some tips to me? me n hubby know nuts abt wine...

leo29

Hi lkf,

Not sure when GSS will start but I think very soon. Same same, me also waiting for GSS to see got better bargain or not.Also a whole list, going to have a big hole in my pocket liao.

You are beyound me, I only bought a bedsheet that all! Me too was worry when I see some of the gals had done so many thing. It's time for me to lecture my lazy hubby, he still so care free lei not kan chiong at all. Don't want to go out on weekend, like to rest at home. Now think of him can also let me vomit blood.

Today lunch time suppose to go Int'l Plaza with my hubby to see shoe but have to cancel becos his boss want my hubby to accompany him go appt. So angry with his kuku boss!

yve

lkf, ha.. did so many things, now i got backache. I getting Rosemount diamond series, granache Shiraz for $19.80. It is a red wine from Australia. I hope the sale is still on at Carrefour today. FH insisted on tasting it before buying 2 dozen. Luckily, it tasted smooth and easy and he liked it. Otherwise have to buy another bottle to try. On wine, it is all about personal preference. If u drink it and find it nice and within budget, it is fine. Explain that to the wine shop pple, they should be able to recommend. Dependable brands from Austalia are Lindemans, Rosemount, Jacobs creek and Wolfblass. The first 3 is about $20 and the last is more ex at 20 plus.

leo, but u got your house ready already lor.. I have bought my bedsheets a few months back. 2 sets somemore, ks anot?? I saw my bedsheet is 50% off at aussino now, but only got singles, no queensize. u planning to go see paradox or leapin lizard?? u work around tanjong pagar?? we can meet for lunch!!

yve

lkf, GSS has started for some shops already. Bought 2 tops at U2 women for $39.

For diamond lovers, sookee is having buy 1 get 1 free.
happy.gif

leo29

Wow... yve, you really make full use of the weekend. So envy! I always felt very bad when nothing ve been done over the weekend especially when our big day is getting closer and closer. Must buck up liao!

Just curious you gals talking on kingkoil, simmon... is refering to the mattress right? Or you'll refering to the Divian set?

yve

leo, usually refering to the mattress. Though they do come with the divian too. Simmons offer is mattress + frame (divian) + 2 pillows and mattress protector for 2K.

next week should aim to relax leow.. go facial and etc in prep for my ROM.

pooh

Hi tt,
actually i also didnt buy much things for my Guo Da Li. Wat the elder say then we buy lor. Weleft out alot of things like sewing things and basin etc. We use Ang Bao to replace.

My wedding just 2 days brfore u. I will be flying off for my honeymoon on ur wedding date.
happy.gif

Hi Cin,
mine is fabric flowers. i took some pics of it if u interest i can send u the pics.
happy.gif

Can drop me a email at [email protected]

leo29

Yve,

Ya lah, less burden as compare to those doing reno. now but I still have to buy new sofa, new bed....., intend to make new curtain also. No..., you not ks, me also thinking of 2 sets bedsheet. Went to Isetan Aussino dept last friday but never found any bedsheet I like.

Yap, the 2 shop that you mentioned. How I wish I work in TP and can have lunch with you. My work place is at Paya Lebar. Very far lei!

lkf

hi gals

back from lunch n the weather is really killing...think this will continue till jul or aug???

yve

thanks for the info on wine. yup, rosemount is a gd choice, one of the brand which my aunt recommended. my budget is also around $20 plus (lower end). will drop by carrefour this weekend if i hv the time. btw how u keep the wine? I thot they must be stored at cooling temp n our climate is hot n humid. me very ignorance...paiseh

u r not ks at all. i also bought 2 sets of bedsheets, 1 for the wedding and 1 normal use. I bought them during sales to save some $$.

leo29

Simmons, king koil r the more reputable brands of mattresses. there's divan set (mattress + normal divan or storage divan) or bedframe set (mattress + bedframe), so u can choose whatever u like depending on ur budget. i heard from my reno contractor that he had 1 client who built a platform bed, bought the mattress only and put it onto the platform (no divan, no bedframe).

totoro

Hi lynnie

tell ur in laws lah..not necessary to kneel if u are hurt..poor thing..
remember dun peel the skin ok..

anyway, if ur gowns are long, no one will see..

;o)
cheer up ya

kare2711

Pausini
Welcome back!!
happy.gif
So when can everyone meet up?? Huh? Huh? I've been asking this question many many times !

Preparations .. very busy lor. You've been there, done that, so you should know :p

Worse is I'm ill now. Down with gastric last Sunday and then flu later on. So now I'm still feeling groggy, blur blur. Sniffling and coughing. Wish I could get well on Friday or if I still continue to feel groggy, then I would really be living my dream, all blur blur!

ava

Hi gals
happy.gif

Rosemount red wine & Jacob's Creek's white wine are my favs
happy.gif
easy to drink and goes well with most food
happy.gif

looks like all our wheels are being put to full steam ahead soon huh ?
happy.gif
so we can rest at least 1mth before the Big day!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

i'm getting excited too
happy.gif
and a little anxious
happy.gif
'cos really want to finish the home reno by July so that i can concentrate on the wedding preps
happy.gif

Keeping on SMILING!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

W

whitely

Hi cin, tracy and taddess,

thanks so much for your advice. I dont know only cantonese wear kua. I am Hakka, so never mind. hehe. Moreover, I dont think I look nice in wearing kua too (looks fat :p). Well, tea dress will be more suitable for me.

I am also at the stage of writing cards. Wow, now we only know there are alot of xue2 wen4 to write a chinese invitation card. English is easier when you invite a couple, just write Mr and Mrs XXX will do. Chinese's is more troublesome. Well, learnt something new
happy.gif

Hi Lynnie,

Dont worry about the kneeling down, some of the brides dont kneel down when they serve tea, Really!!

by the way, did anyone of you postpone honeymoon to latter date because of SARS outbreak in other countries? Anyone of you choose Canada for honeymoon?

leo29

lkf,

I see, so i think most of you are refering to the mattress not divian set. Me will not buy divian set, not suitable lah. Will buy those make of wood(Don't know how to describe)

Platform? You mean like japanese style where there is steps?

wow! the banyan tree offer sounds soooooo good!
i feel like i need a good rest now ...
very weekend has been so hectic!!

last weekend my in laws came over for lunch & steamboat dinner ... so i was busy cooking, cutting & cleaning! Spent the entre saturday and sunday doing housework!

Seems like as the wedding draws nearer, the more things we need to rush out eg on weekends, after work or even during lunch hour!

*tired*

taddess

Hi pooh,

Ya I bought mine from Carol. How do you know? Her wrist corsages are quite nice hor...

Beibei,

can you tell me what do you talk to the AV manager about? Going to see him later tonight. Abit angry of him though. Made an appt last friday for today but when I called to confirm justnow, his assistant told me he took leave and then the assistant was so reluctant to take the appointment over. This meeting is not to tell him what will happen on that day right?

yve

lkf,

Think cold storage has some wine offers too. Carrefour has some lindeman on sale also. For me, I am keeping my wines with my Banquet manager. Getting Carrefour to deliver to Suntec Banquet office. So no need to bring here and there. And the Rosemount wine does not use wooden cork, it is plastic. So no need to keep the wine lying down. For u, think keeping them in the storeroom should be okay.

abrinas

Hello everybody

Remember me?? Been so so long before I come in. How's everyone's preparations?

I am now back at my office at Shaw that's why I can come in. If at kaki bukit, then cannot liao.
lame.gif

My Guo da li is on 7 June. That's Beibei's wedding day rite? If i remember correctly.
Beibei, excited or not? Yr wedding's next week. How's yr preparations? almost done rite? Me still in the midst of doing my wedding favors, hopefully to finish them this weekend. Will pack them only a couple of days before my wedding. U going for mani? Me only going for mani.

Hi priviledged
So long since we last 'spoke'. How's yr preparations coming on?

Hi pooh

Been a while since previous. How r u? Where are u going for honeymoon? Still going to Australia? I remembered u told me previously u r going there. Hope I did not get it wrong. Me planning to go Sydney but only after my hse's done. Actually wanted to do my hse now but all advice given to me is take one step at a time, so will do it after the wedding. Maybe I will go there in Sep.
happy.gif

beibei

taddess,
tonight meeting is just to listen to some of the songs listed in the list that's all.or u can bring along some favourite CDs to let them play and see how is the effect.That's quite bad for him to take leave since he made appointment with you.U see how is his assistance tonight.

abrinas,
Yup!long time no hear from you!U have good memory!My wedding is next sat!!
happy.gif
and your Guo Da Li is on my wedding day!!now still feel ok not too excited cos a lot of little details to follow up...yup will be going for both mani and pedi on 6th June.

Totoro,
My bridal shop ask me to get the gowns three days in advance.They said they can alter on the spot so no worries.

lynnie

Hi tt

Thanks for your advice and encouragement.

My gown has been with me since 2 months ago! Better keep it with you earlier.

Hi whitely

Thanks for your advice too. Now I knew that brides nowadays doesn't kneel. I checked with my in laws and they do not mind.

As for honeymoon, my hubby and I are going Europe, should not be a problem therefore still going.

taddess

Finally we are getting messages rolling. I haven't had done my rsvp yet as well as my table arrangements but strangely still not that worried leh. Hee!

T

tt

Hi Gals me oso dun like to wear kua as u say look 'fat' ,thought of getting a tea dress but still hvn't really decide wat to wear. Not to sure hw the tea dress should look like or mayb you gals can do me a favour if you hv pixs of tea dress mayb can email me.

Thxs

meow

Leo29,
Platform is a layer of parquet or laminate say 5in and above. Then they cut a hole at the area where the bed is suppose to fit in. No steps. Get it?

Me got another bedsheet and Sealy mattress(ava too) from robinsons last weekend.

priviledged

Hi Abrinas, welcome back! I'm trying to finish writing the church+dinner cards. Just the last 20 or so to go. Got some RSVPs already, some regrets. Hope we'll get our minimum no. Our church only cards are ready too, but I haven't written any yet.

My largest group of cards are not out yet - my colleagues. Want to do them all before handing them out.

Our renovations are just about done. Waiting for the curtains and doing a clean up this coming Saturday. Then it's done!! Can start moving things in already.

Tonite, going to choose photos. Quite excited and nervous as well. Hope I don't look too fat or ugly
lol.gif

Quite busy still, but my Fiance is doing a lot to help me, including writing my invites for me because he's finished most of his side, and going to the flat to be 'site supervisor'.

lkf

yve

oic, it's nice that ur banuqet mgr can keep the wine for u otherwise moving the bottles here n there cld be quite a hassle. me will source around 1st then decide. I think places like carrefour, ntuc etc have gd offers sometimes, but i dare not really stock up cos i dun really know how n where to keep them. dun think i can keep them at the hotel for such a long period of time.

ava

guess all of us r working equally hard to get things in place. afterall it's a once in a lifetime thingy.

leo

ya lor ya lor those Jap type one. my contractor did mentioned that the couple spent quite a fair bit on the carpentry work to built the bed.

for me i jus bought the mattress n bedframe as i dun really like divan.

btw u wld need a headboard for the divan set, either those ready-made ones or custom-made it (as part of the carpentry work so that the wardrode n bed look coordinated) otherwise i think it will look a bit odd. the cost of the divan n headboard may not be cheap either depending on the materials used. so u may hv to do some homework before buying the stuff. the simmons's deal yve posted seems quite attractive, u may want to go to the showroom n get a feel of the mattress. the beautyrest series r in general quite comfy.

leo29

Yve,

You got sign course for facial? Me last mth just spent 1k plus for the facial course, so heart pain..... Actually the facial cost me $700 plus but I Ai Shui sign up another treatment course for eye so add up 1k plus, :p. I told my hubby about it and he reply me 'you play 1 nite mj, your $ will go into drain'. Hahaha...., it's true..... The week before we play mj until 5am, the next day I woke up, I look like Siong Mao again.

feb

Leo

Where did you sign up your facial huh...Me also started few months back with FIL..more heartpain than you cos the whole package is about $2k plus..Yours consider very cheap liao...Somemore whenever i go for facial hor, they sure promote their products one...Initially i blur blur,whatever they say i believe then sign up another treatment.Very regret that I sign up with them . Now i kiang liao..wat they say i just switch off lor...hahahaha...

yve

leo29,
Yep, i signed up a facial package already in Jan this year. 1K plus for 10 facials. So far, find her products good (got rid of white heads and the pimple solution is good). overnight mj very bad for health lah... try not to do it too often lor. brides need their beauty sleep to look good..

ally

hi JT... really not easy being a teacher. so many roles rolled into one. have to be a teacher, a counsellor, an administrator, a friend, a disciplinarian etc. please take care, at least will get a bit of a breather come the jun hols
happy.gif

hi all... got my bridal shoes yesterday. closed toe ivory shoe with a strip of diamante across it. so happy
happy.gif
fitting in 2 weeks time. getting quite excited
biggrin.gif
now, gotta buy shoes for EG.

just a question. anybody know where to get a lowback corset? i've seen those at triumph and wacoal and they're not suitable. found one at sorella with a nice design and it costs only $29.90. unfortunately, dun have my size
sad.gif
i have no idea where else to look and want to get it by my fitting time. headache, can recommend any shops?

yve

Feb, what is FIL? How was your fitting on Sun?

My facial is with Devotion, the one that is answering the face care questions in this forum.

leo29

Feb,

Oh..., your FIL also ai mei mei hor, just joking. Good hor, so close to your FIL. Yve also another fillial daughter-in-law that accompany her FIL to buy thing. Me lousy lah, only my MIL ask me to go with her to a places or drive her to a place then i do so lor.

At Hougang point, name Decleor. I used their product first, find it not bad so go for their facial. I find it xpensive loh, last time I sign up with another beaty saloon only cost me 600 plus. Is your facial shop very well known? Before signing package, i never buy any product from them but funny lei, after i signed i start to buy things from them. The last facial i spent $200 on their product,
sad.gif
. I think I just hope their product will have miracle on my face and I will look pretty on my wedding day. I told myself next time go facial don't bring wallet, heeeee....

Anyway, I never like to go this place. Their ppl are always so pushy.

leo29

I very free so have summarize those having their PS in June. Did I miss out anyone? Enjoy your PS!

June 18 - Clyne
June 20 – Feb
- Meow
June 25 - Crayonshinchan
June 26 - Are

Yve,

Have been trying my best not to play but when sat come, my mind will think of mj.