(2003) Brides of year 2003

taddess

Hi Cin,

My dress was formal but if I could choose again I would want it to be less formal. Got weird stares when I went to the hotel to have a meal after that with my relatives and friends. On the other hand, when I went to the ROM, there were many people dressed very formally. If you don't mind feeling the odd one out short one will do.

Anyway, now I m goin for my EXAMSSS! NO confidence at all! Need all the luck I can get...:p

J

jan2003

Vin: all of you so nice. i feel so much comforted. stress. still don't know where to go for honeymoon and so many things to do! u so nice, tomorrow flying off still "visit" us here. you and hubby have a great trip yeah!

May & kare2711: yeah. trying to relax. too late to exercise already. wedding too near. plus nowadays because i so stress i get more too. worried cannot fit gown.

Pausini: my email [email protected]

may

Pausini: nail art is that bad lah. just tell them it is for yr wedding and i m sure they will take care of you.

Anyway, i got an email from Nail Works, they got this evoucher that entitles you to $10 off for pedicure or medicure. whoever is interested let me know, i can forward the email to you. They got 2 outlets - one at Holland and the other at Wisma.

Mayday: u very cool leh...if i were u i panick liao. But glad that u found a videographer. Good luck tomw and be beautiful ok.

grace

meow, when u all going?
me manicure still okie.. mayb u should go see jane to repair the nails. they can u know.. last time my nail broke in the middle, they did a silk wrap for me for $5, lasted till my new nail grew out.

amore,
ah yah, i went to mani n padi last sat.. din know u going this weekend. anyway i got to work.. so oso cannot.... =(

btw, i dont know u u all remebered, when we signed up the package, they gave us this free body treatment thing... did u all go? i went with my gf but too bad my "m" came so i din get to do the treatment. my fren was wrapped in plastic n in the heating bag...she say after tat quite shiok..

babbit

Hi vivace,
I'm wif Tan Yoong, suppose to pass some stuff he requested this month (ya.... juz realise its the end of the month oredi) but havent done so yet :p Yep, both my gowns r MTM, only got the design confirm at the beginning of this month. Think i'm taking everything very easy........ Ok, think better buck up now.

Hi cookie,
I think its ok to have fittings done in 7th month. Its juz a fitting. In fact, for all of us.... alot of preparations will be going on in the 7th month. Its one month b4 our actaul wedding, it impossible to say suspend all preparations at that time.

meow

Amore,
We are going down tomorrow right? The sale is only for tomorrow mah. So i'm afraid we can't see you.
sad.gif

Grace,
That's what i thought initially to use silk wrap. But i worry the glue think will stick onto my flesh so i didn't due anything but plaster it. Till one night, it was so painful when the nails bend when i didn't plaster it. So the next morning, i just cut them away to save all the trouble and pain. Yeah, i haven't use the treatment yet. Maybe later bah...

Are,
Thanks. Wil take note on that too. Hopefully i'll remember everything too.
happy.gif

Grace, Sunnyling, and Yve:
The sale starts at 10am. What time does everyone wish to meet? 10am/10:30/or 11am?? Maybe we meet at Bugis MRT?

shook

Hihi May
Can I have Florence's contact no.
I go gym only once a wk. Try to go more time but too busy.

Hihi Jan
Try to relax. Dun get tense up.
Enjoy your ROM on Fri

Hihi Pausini
Wow your actual day schedule is v comprehensive. I nervous after seeing it

Hihi Vin
Have a great honeymoon!!

C

cutie22

Hi Cin,

Dun b so stressed.... Wear whatever will make u comfortable. For me, i wore a long blue dress from the bridal boutique. After that went for dim sum at a restaurant. Didnt bother (and didnt notice) abt the stares. Anyway, let them stare. U'll look gorgeous that day!
proud.gif

I even saw someone wearing the korean traditional dress. I confessed, i stared too.
lame.gif
But so long as the bride is happy, just go wif it.

Hi taddess, GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR EXAMS!!!!
wink.gif

ally

hi all,

thanks for ur feedback. guess i'll just buy 1 pair of shoes then and try not to dirty them during the PS
happy.gif

shir... i've yet to buy my shoes too, so we're in the same boat. when is ur PS? dun think it's too late to go shopping for them cos can buy over one weekend ya?
happy.gif

hi babbit... hang in there. work may be tough but we r all rooting for u!
happy.gif
take care. hmm, i've haven't gone of my PS yet. like u, my WG/EG r still in progress. will be going for my fitting in early jun, PS in late jun. ur gowns must be very beautiful
happy.gif
i've checked tan yoong out before and his gowns r gorgeous. too bad i dun feel too comfortable with him. so did u get a variation of his swan design or something else altogether?

hi cookie... agree with vivace and babbit. tough to avoid preparations during the 7th mth since our weddings r only 1 mth after that, plus it's mostly our parents who r the ones who'll mind that.

amore

grace.. huh got body treatment meh?.. mine no leh..

meow sorrie deen ur previous question... hmm KL sales no more liao.... but hor i everytime after work sure go walk walk see got anythings to buy anot... so everyweek sure bring something back one.. hehehe

so I cannot join u all liao... will oni be back on friday nite this week...

babbit

Hi Ally,

Mine is neither..... Signed up wif him initially bcos we loved the swan n poeny. Then when the designing process started, he got more interesting designs. So me n my hubby decided to be guinea pigs n tried out his new design that he is going to launch later.

To all,
No doubt we can't avoid the 7th month, but wat about guo da li??? That one muz choose auspicious date. Have it in 7th month ?????

pausini

Jan: i have send u my schedule. I hope it helps u so u dun have to do it all over again.

Shook: Ok lah, i try not to be too detail to scare my helper away and but Jas77 keep remind me this and that. so just in case lor. i end up add in alot of things. but i guess i do keep my day and nite schedule program within a page so i can do a print two page in one page and Ah yee and brothers can view it easily.

want to clean window but it keep raining.. hope it dun rain in sat noon.

may

pausini: can u also email me yr actual day schedule. I am working on mine bit if can have yrs to follow that will be good. Thanks.

Shook: i dont have NTUC number with me now. Can you check w operator? Ask for the Hougang Festival Market one.

sunnyling

meow

Ya loh no reply from the rest leh but if we meet in the after issit too late for all the gals here cos i use to sleep late on holiday and weekend leh. kekeke
21188.gif

meow

Sunnyling, same here. Me also very lazy, but i'm jus afraid things will be sweep out very fast lor, that's why i ask for that early then we go for lunch after that.

kare2711

Pausini
Most probably you just need to relax. If possible, just tell your dad that you're financially tight now, and could only spare money after a few weeks. Tell him you'll call him a few weeks later.

hmm .. seems like all are very stressed. Think we all stress in our own ways, reacting to different things. For me, I just kept on thinking about all the past. Siao, I know! Sometimes, I find that a little 'me' time helps a lot too. That is .. don't care about anyone and just be with oneself for a while. It really helps evaluate your own thinking and feelings.

vivace

hi babbit and all
happy.gif

my guo da li is also in the same lunar month of my wedding which is 8th month... my MIL want to avoid the 7th month...

pausini

May: Sure.. Have sent u the file to ur hotmail or yahoo acct.
Hope it helps...

anyone need it willhave to get it from Jan, Shook, May, Kare, etc cos i may not be accessing the forum till monday...

Cheers!

may

Pausini: Thanks so much. Will wait patiently for you to come back next week and share w us yr great day. Stay happy and beautiful ok.

Shook: No, it is different. The Hougang Festival Market is located at Buangkok. Near us in Sengkang.

kare2711

Pausini
Since I won't be seeing you until after your wedding, here's a congratulations going your way! Enjoy your day and be happy and revel in that day!

may

Shook: i found this ntuc hotline # for you. u can call them to ask for Hougang Festival Market # and address: 1800-552 2722

pausini: u r so detailed. Very helpful schedule. Thanks.

Jazz: my bridal just called me to go for final fitting on Sat pm. So i might not be able to pop by yr house. Sigh...
I will c if there is another better timing. will get back to u.

naturally

Wendy,
Allow me to answer on behalf of the gals, they will be having their solemnisation just before their wedding dinner, at their dinner venue instead of the Fort Canning ROM. That's why they need to look for JP (Justice of Peace) to come down to their wedding dinner venue for the solemnisation.
happy.gif

Oreo,
Are u still fixed on going to Sentosa? I've just seen pinkapple's outdoor pics, and i quite like this spot at Pasir Ris (though i dunno where exactly) which she called "mangrove"... lemme try to describe, it's like a nice quiet riverbank, where tree branches stretches out above the still water, very peaceful and tranquil feeling... hmm, how come my FH never bring me there to pator before? heehee! Oh, u're having your PS in exactly 2 weeks time, excited or not?
happy.gif

shook

Hihi May

I searched phone directory and found 6 NTUC in Hougang. I called Hougang Mall and was informed that Festival Mkt is @ Hougang Point. Called Hougang Point, no one ans the phone.
Thx for your help. Dat saves me a lot of trouble.

may

Shook: u poor thing. Went to c ard my office and luckily found the friday's paper. Here is the number - 68810013. Hope it is not too late.

leo29

Are,

Fever 37.7, Xia Si Wo! But not sars lah! At first sore throat with flu then fever come along. Fever is gone but still have sore throat and flu. Very irritating! Just imagine I have to have the strepsil inside my mouth the whole nite if not cannot sleep.

Meow and Yve

Thanks for your concern! I'm better now.

Gals,

That day I went to metro, saw one bedsheet set with quilt cover quite nice and sweet. Come with
4 pillow cover(I oso don't know y), one side red one side grey.
1 bedsheet, grey color
1 bloster cover, can't remember the color
1 quilt cover, red color with a love shape on it.
I think $80+. Very sellable! I saw it on friday, sunday go no more liao. Especially suitable for those that parents or in law insist red color bedsheet.

wendyl

Hi naturally,

Sorry hor,also dun understand,so they haven't ROM lah,so they dun wan to held at Fort Cannig instead at their wedding venue?

wendy

enya

haven't ROM. actual day is already so packed, where can we find the time to go down to fort canning for the actual ROM? besides, it's very common for couples to solemnize outside fort canning, more options, and i think it's more romantic too!!

sweets

hey all,

Taddess, this probably comes a tad too late, but hope the exams went well!

Cin,
Which do u feel more comfortable with ? Just wear whatever makes u happy and go with your instincts...
happy.gif

totoro

u gals finished with the cards aleli?

my cards got a problem, trying to convince myself it doesn't matter...

the month was type wrongly, it stated march..so what i did was to stick over it with a sticker stating June..trying to tell yslef its ok..dun kill trees..and no onw will keep the card

sigh

taddess

Hi all,

Thanks for the luck but it wasn't enough! *Sigh* haven't been able to concentrate recently so went I went into the exam hall experienced a mental block couldn't write fluently...hopefully I can pass the exam...

Totoro your cards had an error? You pass it just over June? Would you think it is better to stick over the whole date? Maybe use a sticker with a different colour so it may seem you are trying to make it outstanding...you know beautify it a little.

minx

Hi jbride,

Thanks for the summary update... I have change my bridal liao... no more Julia Wedding News... Now with Bridal Veil... can you change the update? *Hugz* My wedding date is 22 Dec (only bride
sad.gif
)

sweets

hi

totoro,
Dun fret, u are rite, no one keeps the cards anyway. so just do the best u can to ractify the problem lar....I've yet to print my cards....u are making me panic!

Taddess, will be crossing fingers for u
happy.gif

K

keropi

Hi Jbride,
Thanks for the summary! I know that 7 Dec is a hot date and I never thought that I could actually get to know some of the brides getting married the same day as me! Hehe!
happy.gif

Oh, BTW, I've decided to go with David Lim Lee now. In fact, I am meeting up with him today to discuss abt my wedding gown. My darling likes the idea that I get to keep my gown.
happy.gif

My banquet will be at Ocean Garden, paragon.

ann

Hi everyone,

I am a JUNE bride too..
My big day: 18 June 2003
Bridal: Whitelink
Banquet: Grand Copthorne Waterfront
Actual day photographer: Yew Kwang

I have taken my bridal shots.. waiting for album to be ready..
Going to see the wedding cards and print it next week..

i think there are still quite a number of things that i need to do, such as getting GUO DA LI items, march-in songs etc..
I am scared that i will forget to do something..

cin

Hi Taddess,
What exams are you taking? Don't worry, i'm sure you will pass with flying colours!

Hi Ann,
Welcome
happy.gif
Don't worry, i think most of us haven't chosen our march-in songs, and are in the midst of printing our cards also...

taddess

Hi all,

Need the luck for the next paper...hahaha and till now haven't started studying for it. I will only start preparation after the 9th...cause of exams...I wonder who's the first to get married among all of us...so that the person can share the experience with us and what to do...hehe

shook

Hihi May
I called the hotline u provided n wz told the one u mentioned is in Hougang Point. I dunno where is it. I told myself, go to Tampines. If I can't find, then no choice. Afterall I m then suay lately, come wat may. I wz v v happy
21240.gif
when I found Lindeman Merlot in Tampines n there were 20 bottles left, exactly I no. my hubby wanted!! I pd for the wine n left them in their office. Collected them yesterday. The whole process came so smoothly n suprisingly. It really boost up my moral.
Lindeman Shiraz Carbenet is on sale tis week @ $14.80. Actually the sales promoter asked me to get dat as I told her I want 2 cases. But I dunno whether it taste gd or not. I trust your advice.
Thx a zillion. U bright up my day. I start to c rainbow n sunshine after a heavy storm.

Kare
Can't agree more. Meekoo is slender. Dun need to go on diet.

sunnyling

Hi Leo29

I go Aussino to buy my wedding bedsheet is red color with "double happiness" wording and is not like those very old fashion type of design. Is very suitable for wedding night I brought at $150 during the sales. Those interested must go and buy faster cos is very sellable. The last time I go that branch only left a set of King size.

Meow

Sorry cant join you yesterday last minutes, hows the sales? anything worth buying?

meow

Sunnyling,
Aiyo, nothing much to see and buy leh. Things not really very cheap too. Only Grace bought something from there loh. How's your MIL? In the end you got go down or not?