(2003) Brides of year 2003

vivace

hi ally,

tks for ur comment!
happy.gif
fyi, me also went to beach for my photo shoot... i wear the platform to the studio, so wear the same for the outdoor loh! my wedding shoe is only for the indoor PS... even for my FH, i oso ask him to wear the actual one for the indoor and the norm pair of shoes for the outdoor shoot...
happy.gif

ya! i heard tat too... they say when the maltse grow old... the fur will turn brown... when my Baby was still baby... the fur of her ears are brown... then turn white when she grow older... now, seem like starting to turn brown again...

sweets

Hi,

Cin, I'm with Conrad, so probably will have to email them to check what printers they use. Pooh, thanks for the offer for Hi Tech's contacts, I'll check around first to see if I can liase with them thru email/fax first..

D

dk

Ladies,
Do remember to check on power consumption when buying elect appliances esp when it comes to Air-con. Itwill have U save electrical bills.

I'm jus being KPO...

shirsweetiepie

Vivace

Congrats! @ last.. u had ur PS!! It must be real fun & enjoying for u,rite!
happy.gif

yo! me,still awaiting 4 my day too.
happy.gif

Sure,I'be had 2 meet up wif u for coffee or makan.
happy.gif

yes, ur studio works FAST, must remember 2 share ur pics wif us hor!
happy.gif

saw ur trial shoots,both of u look natural and happy.
happy.gif

like ur gown's front design esp @ the top part. veri unique,izzit make of diemantae? sorry leh,din get the spelling right!

just had my facial done yesterday.kinda of a little late hor! anyway,will sign up the package and will go frequently till the wedding day comes.
happy.gif

wanna look nice & radiant,tat's every gal dream.
happy.gif

dear all

I had yet to gotten my PS & actual day shoes.
sad.gif
sad.gif

dun know whether is it too late for me?coz worried i might not find the shoes I like.
sad.gif

shld start to go shopping tis weekend,too engrossed in shopping 4 hse furnishings for the nest liao. :p

cin

Hi girls,
Need your help. I am in major panic mode... i don't know which dress to wear for ROM next tuesday!!! I have one which is on loan from the bridal studio, it is a formal dress that is long, with a short train. I have another which is short, simple and sweet.

For me, the long one looks more glam, but it is quite inconvenient as it is long, more difficult to walk about. Also, i think sitting down in the dress will be uncomfortable as the bodice is tight ie. there is some boning in the dress

i prefer the shorter dress but i think it is less formal leh. It is a simple sheath, but i think paired with the right assessories, it should pass. Of course, it is not as glam as the long one...

how?heeelp!! what were your dresses like? formal or semi-formal? long or short? i think it is too late now to go and source for another dress right?

When i tried on the long one in the studio, it was fine...dunno why, now i think i look fat in it...oh no....

BTW, is it absolutely crazy to wear a white suit? ie. jacket and pants...

meow

Leo29,
Take care ok?
happy.gif
How come Chin Leng also receive a letter?

Min,
Yeah, i've receive the letter. But i think i need to listen to the songs inorder to select which to choose. But as for the background music, i think those by Kevin kern(piano) are good and soothing. Sure, I can sent the quote to you.
happy.gif
Can i do it tonight instead or maybe lastest by this weekend? Cos there's some changes for the quotes yesterday and its with hubby, not me.
sad.gif
I've also added some other things like changing the MBR door.
As for flooring, tiles will only be homo or ceranic. As you may know ceramic when chiped is clay colour and for homo is the same colour throughout. But disadv of homo is the warp loh.
Darwin, i have a colleague who has his house done up by Darwin some time back(1-2yrs). I didn't see their work and that lady has also left the workplace too.

Thanks DK for reminding.
happy.gif

M

may day

Hi all,

I have been busy trying to look for a videographer.....major stress.

So looking forward to a break.

Shook: as I was looking for a videographer, we saw lot of montage...they usually used jazzy, classical or ballard for their montage. Have a look at Fabian work, listed in singapore bride. I like the music he used.

shook

Hihi Pausini
I received your mail. Thx
In case I dun have the chance to communicate wif u b4 3rd May. Wish u everything sun sun li li on your big day n b a mei mei bride
kiss.gif

Oso wish Oso32, Peabrain72, Woodstock, Cat,Coca a mei mei bride on 3rd May

Hihi May
NUTC @ Hougang Festival Walk is dat the largest NTUC in Singapore? I m buying 20 bottles. Do u need to cut newspaper to get the offer?

Hihi Jan
I m getting the one May recommended. Thx 4 your offer to help.
I largi worse, skip dinner, go gym, stress yet weight still maintain. V v sian.

shook

Hihi Mayday

Is there a website for Fabian work where I can look @ their montage?
Errr...memory searched me, your wedding on tml rite?

akira

girls,

I just got advice from frens on the dreaded 'S' word (as are has put it) -- it doesn't look too good though it can potentially be settled with minimal costs. So please be careful not to name names -- unless its facts.

sleepy

Wow...cookiemz...glad u had fun during your PS. I also enjoy my PS very much. Did u go for one location only? I actually thought of Fullerton but my FH want the sea so we went to Changi Beach instead.

Will you ladies be going for a short photoshoot on your actual day? I'm thinking of Mohd Sultan. What u gals think?

J

jan2003

Hi all,

May & Shook: at least u went gym. me not exercising unless u count sleep. hahaha! so tired after the long hours at work, all i can do is sleep. getting rom this friday but only bought dress yesterday and only can pick up tomorrow because got to alter. so sian. i put on weight because stress then i eat alot. very sad because all these while was hoping to be a pretty bride, now... wanted to ask you all, ROM ring must it be a new ring? must it be a wedding band? can solitare be wedding ring?

Jazz: when u engage sandy, how u pay her? i got her for rom but my mum now insists i pay her abit more than what was the agreed price and must be in red packet. can share with me how was yours done? i also very sian. now don't know whether to confirm tickets for canada or not. toronto already lifted travel advisory by WHO. how? got advice? very frustrating. it's like prolonging my agony as long as i haven't make a decision. very sian.

pausini: can share actual day schedule?

yve

Leo29,
Take care. Drinks lots of water.

Meow,
When are your gng to Kool sale? Near Arab street, can go look for corsages material there. I would like to tag along if I can.

I went to KNail at orchard delfi to get a pedicure and manicure on Sunday. Quite well-done as the color has not chipped yet. Best amnicure that I have had so far.

vin

HI Jan2003,

What make our Jan2003 so stress??? Dun stress yourself. your wedding is coming soon, everything will turn fine...dun worry, be happy yaa...

babbit

Hi Pie n Ally,
Thanx for all the enocuragement. We really need all that and lots of understanding from the public. Especially now, visitors r not allowed, work load increase even more, cos we need to call every family to update on their loved ones' status.

Riccino can be found in Orchard Towers....Is that the correct name for that bulding??? U know the building next to Centrepoint where Spotlights is. Its on the 2nd floor.

To wear the same shoes for PS n actual day??? Well, wat u can do is..... Wear slippers, sandals etc..... to the site, then when u r about to take the pics, wear your actual shoes on. Then u can save $$ n yet not dirty your shoes. (",)

Everybody gotten their PS done already??? My gowns r still in progress, pretty surprise so many people r already preparing for PS.

may

Pausini: dont worry abt the crack nail. The experts will be able to do something.
So excited for you...you must be calm and relax ok....and all the best and wish that everything will turn up fine for you.

Shook: i dont know if the Hougang Festival Mall has the biggest NTUC but they have got cases of the wine. You might want to consider buying 2 caes = 24 bottles instead. This way, you can carry away 2 unopened boxes. I didnt cut the coupon. I called to check the price and spoke to Florence and she asked me to go look for her that evening. So when i was there, she told me the S$15.30 still got 3% discount and buying 6 bottles and above got 5% discount also. She asked me to tell the cashier that Florence says got 3% + 5% discount altogether. So to play safe, i think you can call her and ask her to reserve 2 closed cases for you.

I also intend to play jazz music for my montage. Went to Gramaphone yesterday and spent closed to $80 on cds.

u very disclipined, got go gym and skip dinner. i have not done any. If fact, after ps, i felt that i have gain some weight tat i lost. Sian....so the coming weeks, i will be cutting down on my meals.

Jan: why r u upset??? dont be ...cheer up.... it is normally to be stress...i am too.... good that u have bought the wine. I bought mine already at NTUC for $14.07 per bottle. So very happy that it is within my budget.
ROM the ring dont think need to be a new ring and yes, you can use a solitaire ring.
Actually, it is not nec to pay the make-up artist
more. This is not actual day ... only ROM...i think actual day, you need to give make up artist a small ang bao as a token. Dont let yr mom stress u ok.

Take care and i hope that all will be well for yr ROM. Hey, dont sweat...it is just a small and short ceremony....i think the actual day is more stressful...for my ROM, hubby and i cldnt stop giggling...and we got to contain ourselves...so scared will be scolded for not taking it seriously....but it was very funny.

babbit

Hi Pie,
When do u need your shoes??? If u r not intending to get MTM shoes, which takes up to 3 weeks, i think u r still quite safe. I got mine settle over 2 weekends.
I'm preparing for my house too!!! Where r u getting your furnishings from?

blackcurrant

Hi everyone,

I was wondering after collecting the wedding bands from the jeweller, who keeps them before our solemnisation? Does it matter? Or he keeps mine and vice versa? Thanks!

meow

Yve,
Not sure who else is interested in going to the sale beside Grace. Well i dun think i need to get any materials for corsages as i've already bought them.
happy.gif

meow

Blackcurrant,
It doesn't matters who keeps the bands. Jus as long as one of you remember to bring it along for the solemnisation will do.
happy.gif

amore

morning ladies..... how are all of u!... better take good care of urself k?!

meow n grace... i going manicure this sat leh...have appt with them @ 5p.m

the problem looks kinda serious huh...

hmmm habent get my keys yet... so habent really go hunt for appliances so cannot comment hehehe

kare2711

Jan
Oooh... I don't what to say, but I hope you'll be able to be able to relax a little more. I think now the most important thing is to relax, take a little breather once in a while, do what you like, and forget momentarily of the wedding, and your work.

For me, I'm quite switched off at work now. So much so that going to work is stressful for me as I would rather do anything than go to work
sad.gif
Not a good sign too.

For myself, one way of de-stressing is to exercise. I'm now running every morning and that gives me a little more energy and +ve outlook. Also, my SO helps a lot. He really puts up with my tantrums and almost always accompany me when he can. Maybe you try to explain to your SO, he would do the same? I think at this difficult period, support from spouse is also very wanted.

Mayday
I wanted to get Fabian too, but at $1500 for his videography, I think I cannot choose him afterall. Too ex. I know with much persuasion, my SO will relent and let me choose him, but I don't want to spend so much on a videographer. In the end, I got Fenn. She's really nice to talk to. Videography plus highlights cost us $1k.

meow

Amore,
I can't go and have mani with them. My nails broke(index finger thats injured) and out of anger, i cut them off. So its pretty ugly and unsightly. I didn't put a plaster on it too. Hopefully by mid June, my nails can grow back else will do an extension.
sad.gif

sunnyling

Hi gals

I was also on MC the last 2 day and come back only 2day not feeling very good but super busy and got meeting in the afternoon so need to rush alot of report before meeting
sad.gif

Btw I want to go to Kool Sale who is going please let me know I want to join please include me leh.

M

may day

Hi Kare2711,

We did not have time to shop for one, too last minute to arranged. We met up with Ken from Wedding TV, v. good idea, however the camera work was not as good as Fabian, a bit blurr at time. We don't have the time to meet up with anyone now. V. high price to paid when there is no time to shop. Last day! Picking and cleaning the home around before everyone come.

Cross my fingers and hope it will workout.

M

may day

Hi Shook,

Look under directory, for videographer, thenclick for Fabian Lim production. You can get some music idea. Good Luck.

are

meow... 1 more thing abt the cooker. hubby insisted on models that have this safety feature, that the gas will be cut off if the flame ever goes off. models with this features are more expensive than normal ones, but got peace of mind lor...

cherubies

Hi all,
thanks for your bday wishes.

cookiemz, glad you enjoyed your ps. bring snacks - think i want, cos i sure hungry one. hee hee...

LT,
enjoy your PS ya!!!

hi sleepy,
mohd sultan will definitely bring a unique angle to your pixs as it's a rarely explored place for ps (as far as i know).

i should be going to chijmes for my ps and perhaps marina south or ecp. haven't decide yet. =p

cookiemz

morning sleepy,

are you awake now??
happy.gif
i only went one place coz the photographer hinted that he didn't work beyond 7pm! we finished around 7:40pm.. hope the outdoor pics turn out okay, else all the pics will have to be studio pics.. kinda boring hor..

yes yes, i am planning for an outdoor shoot on the day before my dinner.. haven't thought of places to go yet.. mohd sultan? the buildings or the bridge around robertson quay?

cookiemz

hi cherubies
happy.gif

i treated my PS like a picnic outing.. heehee.. only felt very tired when trying to wash off the makeup and hairspray... :mad:

my makeup artist offered a tip on removing the hairspray.. remove the black pins, dun comb thru first, massage on loads of conditioner, rinse thru then wash with shampoo, if the knots still remain, slather conditioner on the ends and repeat shampoo.. hope it is of use to you gals
happy.gif

pausini

May Day, dun mention it

jan: Got to relax. i think some pple may have this kind of sympton. when all the stuffs just like to come together at one time... I will send u my schedule. hope that will help.

Shook: thanks u! u are so sweet.. Wah u so on! althot want to be a slim and beautiful but i am too lazy so i didnt slim down or anything. i told my colleagues n friends i just want to be a fat and happy bride.

Kare: look like u are very well prepare for ur big day! I called Fave Nail yesterday and the girl who talk to me is very unfriendly that give me a very bad impression. They doesnt have off peak promotion anymore so i called Nail Art.

may: i called Nail art for appt at 2pm. yah they say will try to save my nail else have to do nail extension.

cherubies

Hi cookiemz,

pinic outing, that means you are relaxed. don't worry pixs will come out well.

thanks for the helpful tips. i can imagine the amount of hairspray my makeup artist will use cos my hair is always messy... hee hee.

amore

meow when u all going huh? i oso wanna go...weekends maybe I can join u guys... weekdays is out for me b4 10th May..

cookiemz

hi gals,

was juz wondering if it's alright to have gown fittings during the 7th lunar month? or not supposed to do anything relating to wedding? anyone can advise? thanks ;)

cookiemz

cherubies, you are welcome
happy.gif

u can imagine the amount of hairspray used if the makeup artist changes your hairstyle for each of your PS outfit... kekeke

vivace

hi all,

i agree wif babbit... wear 2 shoes on the PS, so tat not to dirty my actual wedding shoes....
happy.gif

yeh... my PS juz over... at last... i completed 1 more thing... at the time being... i juz pampared myself to go for facial & massage
lame.gif

hi shirs,

i dont really know wat kind of materials is tat actually coz i often mix up the terms they use...
ya! is really fun... but oso quite tiring... and v.lucky tat when we went for outdoor, it is windy and no rains...
happy.gif
my PS was quite fast also... i started my make-up at 10am and end the whole session at 5pm...

hi babbit,

may i know which bridal u sign up wif? u choose mtm the gown izzit?

vivace

hi cookiemz,

think u better to check this wif the parents...
i think most of us not really "bendang" but the parents are... so may be u can discuss wif them and decide...
happy.gif

elaine

Hi Cherubies,

Got alot of pics but haven't scan them yet. Even my actual day also got alot.Think of scanning, I abit slack liao
happy.gif

btw, when your exam starting? Then when izit going to end? All the best to you.
happy.gif

pausini

Kare: How i feeling now? i also dun know.. a bit excited and a bit worry. excited abt the actual day, worried becos my dad keep calling me these few days and since i didnt invite him for my wedding so i dun want him to find out. just afraid he will find out lor.. SO i am crossing my fingers he will not find out anything.

He is really a blood sucker, keep calling me for money. I didnt want to pick up his call. so that is my only worry... very sian lah!!!!!!!!!

Jan: u change ur email account? can u give me again?

cherubies

Hi Elaine,

my exams: one next wed and the other on 16 may. after that no more exams. yippee..

take your time to scan in. i'll wait... hee hee..

K

kk

Hi Cherubies,

My exam over!!! Hooray! I finally graduated from my course after 2.5 yrs of efforts
happy.gif

Good Luck for ur exam!

And of course i am now looking fwd to my ps on 13 May
biggrin.gif