(2003) Brides of year 2003

priscilla

HI Shirlynn,
Just like to know y u wanted to know when is my wedding date?

Sweetie,
Me thinking of taking my outdoor shootings at Esplanade and Raffles Marina.

All,
Sorry for not coming in to the thread for quite some days.

priscilla

Hi Shirlynn,
Sorry n pls ignore the msg I send above cos I just went the M hotel thread n found out that you are actually the lady that got the date I want at M hotel. Just hope to clear our misunderstanding between both of us, hope you are not angry with me. If u can't find me or want to look for me you can feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]
happy.gif

kare2711

Hey Pausini, how was your detox program?

On my side, my parents and Future in laws will only talk next Friday, on my ROM. Hopefully when I join you all then, the topic hasn't died
sad.gif

Vin: Wow.. 8 ah yees? I'm only having one bridesmaid. Hmmmmm... By the way, how much are you paying Eric? Is what he do good? I'm also searching for an affordable videographer.

Y

yi

hi jady,

thanks for your compliment.
yap, i'm 1.71m tall and flowee is 1.73m tall!
ya lor, hubby is abit shorter than me so studio pics, he wear shoes, I never. hehehe

we paid only $88 extra for shoot at pulau ubin i.e. ferry to and fro and transport within the island.
happy.gif
we were actually deciding between sentosa & pulau ubin but decided to choose pulau ubin instead coz hubby likes the nature!
happy.gif

yap, that silver gown with full-laced is my actual EG and everone commented that itz very sexy. hahaha

hi feb,

I have emailed you the link already.
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi jan,

thanks for your compliments.
hubby and i oso prefer the outdoor shoots, tatz why our album mostly outdoor pics.
happy.gif

as for my house, those are old pics coz we have made some changes like painted the walls another colour etc.
happy.gif
we got the house fully renovated in Jan 2002 and officially shifted in this Jan.
happy.gif

we spend abt $30k+ in our renovation.
happy.gif

we loved our love nest alot too. :p

hi shadow,

I have emailed you the link already.
happy.gif

shirlynn

Hi Priscilla,

Of course I am not angry with you. Actually I did not came across your message at this thread. My hubby was the one who tell me.

Anyway, just want you to know that I might be changing my date to 9 Dec 2003. Diana told me that the couple who got this date up to 80% will be changing their date. Now I am just waiting for their confirmation.

So the bad news will be I am still holding onto this date, but the good news is I might change if can. So lets pray togther the couple will let me have the date of 9 Dec 2003. Then both of us will be happy.

So we are almost getting married at the same time, can exchange news and information hor. My e-mail is [email protected].. Keep in contact, bye!

vin

Hi Kare2711,

Am paying him thousand plus including the wedding day highlight. I paid S$300/-, haven't settle the balance.

Eric is not the cheapest in the market and of coz not the most expensive one. As I don't hv time to source for it, all last minutes things, so once I got his contact and I just engaged him...
happy.gif

Yeah, me got 8 Ah Yee and my husband got 8 brothers as well

ally

hi sep03... maybe u can call up the lawyer to check? our deadline for paying the stamp duty was today as TOP is in mar.

priscilla

Hi Shirlynn,
Glad to hear that you are not angry with me.
But did Diana inform you when she will let you know whether the couple is changing their date?Because if I can't get on the 27 Nov 03 I will mostly change my wedding date again cos heard that alot of couples are getting married on this day n also scare lots of my guest cannot turn up to my wedding n I am afraid can't book any hotels cos will be mostly full n me don't like having my dinner at restaurant.

But if you can get the date u want n let me have the date that u are holding now then maybe I would consider having agin having my wedding on 27 Nov 03.

meow

Hi Pris and Shirlynn,
Glad the two of you can be friends. Shirlynn, since you may or may not be a Nov bride, you are always welcome to chat with the girls here, even to meet up with us.
happy.gif

Shirlynn, may i know how old you are? I happen to have a polyfriend who has the same name as you or maybe its jus a nick.
happy.gif
You started looking for your photographer? I believe you should have already started right?

sue

Hi Pausini: Nothing wrong with not sharing yr photos. You've the right to choose who u want to share them with so dun feel bad abt it. For the wrist corsage, saw a friend made them with artificial flowers from Spotlight & they look gd. The method is just like what Peabrain described.

Hi Vin: Thanks for the infor. Yah, my Segamat wedding dinner is also my actual day so I'll be married out fm S'pore then stay there until night for dinner. I tot of not removing my make up & just do touch up @ night. But the face will feel horrible. I'll check around & see how.

seiko

Hi Snoopy !!!
happy.gif

wah so excited now cos you're the 1st person i know sharing my date *heheh*

Im having my dinner at Mandarin Orchard. How bt yrself?

snoopy

Hi Seiko,

I'll be having mine at Pan Pac
happy.gif

How are your preparations coming along? We still have about 6 months to go, hehe.

snoopy

cat

Hi gals,

Long time no "see".
It'already Mar now. Hope everybody is looking forward to their weddng in May!

Pausini,Peabrain and Woodstock - 2 more months to go for us. Have you gals taken you PS? I had my 2 weeks ago.

Seriously I have not started to do anything yet.
Haven't confirm my Ah Yi's, and "xiong di" for my FH. Have not finalize the guest list, etc. My hotel also have not called me to collect my invitation card. If I am not wrong I shd be collecting my Invt. card now rite? Anyway, think I better start doing "something". I very terrible hor??

shirlynn

Hi Priscilla,

Thats the reason that I wanted to find out if you are really eyeing on that date.. If I should be changing my date, I can let you know so you can call up M Hotel to book it. Why not check with M Hotel first, call Diana, my co-ordinator to reserve that date for you if I should be changing. Think she should tell you that I also 80% will be changing the date, but due for confirmation.

To all Ladies,

Of course I will continue to come in and chat even though I might change to a Dec bride, but since it is that, I will be the last between all to be a bride, can get all the details from everyone here, so make sure you all help me out with it hor. So if arranging any meetings, don't for forget to leave me out, okie??

Meow, I am born in 1977 and I never attend Poly before, so it definitely not be the same person.

Not really started yet, the week before, I am still busy with my house reno, this week with the customary of shifting place, last night suddenly find that there is leakage at the kitchen cabinet, still do not know the problem.. most probably have to tear down some parts of the kitchen cabinets as we have the pipes box up...*sigh* one thing after another...( I am thinking that my neighbour who is staying an floor above me might have not done their water proofing at the kitchen properly too, as they seems to have just done it, then I see this leakage, my cabinets just finished not too long too, previously do not have this problem)*Headache*

But since everyone is saying that YK is good, so might consider to take him if my wedding date should be on 9 Dec which he is still available, any other good recommendations??

kare2711

Pausini, like Sue, I think the photos belong to you and you have everything right to show or not show.

Cat, I'm in the same 'position' as you. Haven't confirmed my bridesmaid. I only have one. Is this ok? FH is settling the other side. I have not finalised my guest list. Did it once but now too lazy to do anything. My hotel has not called me. My photo studio has not called me although my photo taking is 2 weeks later. Now I most kan cheong about my ROM which is next Friday. I'm very lazy and restless now.

seiko

Hi snoopy
happy.gif

wah countdown time *heehee*
I think Aug 31st is quite pop, cos Mandarin hotel will be having 3 weddings at the same time ( including mine )... hope guests dun wonder wrongly into another wedding :p

ive visited my bridal studio Santiago once so far. Instead of having a mtm WG, will take an otr since i love that particular gown. haven discussed the Eg wif my designer as yet. How bt yrself? which studio r u wif?

regards

priscilla

Hi Shirlynn,
Ok, maybe I will give Diana a call but I am afraid she will give those who are on the waiting list instated of giving me you date.

Thanks by the way.

flowee

hi ladies

juz wana 2 check again who's goin 4 the gatherin on wed???

jady, popples n yi

the venue will b @ cityhall mrt @ 645pm ok with u gers???
mi knock off onli @ 6pm need ard tat travelin time 2 get 2 town...
btw where wld u gers suggest 4 dinner n chit chat???

H

hf

Hi Vio

I would like to join the gathering too.. but I have class on the 20th. 18th March will be fine with me...
happy.gif

flowee

ladies

saw some white closed toe shoes @ charles n keith...
if u gers r checkin ard 4 white bridal shoes, no harm checkin them out...
furthermore they r hvin sale nw...

shirlynn

You are most welcome Priscilla...

I can sense that you really want to have your wedding on that date.. I am sorry that I cannot just give it up to you ..Hope I will have some news from Diana this coming week.

meow

Shirlynn,
Have you meet up with Yew Kwang before to see his works beside looking those in his homepage? You can't confirm a photographer without looking at his portfolio. I've choosen Nick Goh instead. I prefer his works(very nice borders) and albums. His price should be around the same as YK for the higher price one. I've got both quotation of them.

Great you have started your reno, me still looking for one. Any good recommendations? Who's your contractor and how's his carpentry?

Could you sent me your details to [email protected] with the following details:
1)Nickname
2)Real Name
3)Birthday
4)ROM date
5)Actual day
6)Venue of banquet
7)Email address
8)Contact No.
9)New home location(area)
10)Name of bridal
11)Actual Day photographer
12)Dialet(bride+groom)
I put you with our list and ask you along when we gather ok? Maybe i can chat with you regarding the photographer thingy.

cat

Hi Kare2711,

Hahaha... Both of us same same ah! I have also did the guest list once, but have not touch it since then.
I roughly have got abt 5 Ah Yi's but some not confirm yet. Personally I think 1 is too little lor. At least must have 2, otherwise will be abit quiet. I am those very noisy type, so I think I would want some noise on my wedding day too!
Oh you ROM is next Fri, Congrats to you! Nah don be kan cheong, just relax yourself. Afterall it's just a few hrs event only. Leave your "kan cheongness" till your wedding day, which is gonna last you for the whole day!kekeke...

besse

Hi All

Me going to be a Nov bride. Am finalising my banquet soon... going to discuss details with my coordinator on this tomorrow evening. Anyone having Wedding Dinner @ The Fullerton? Can share what's your package like?

Appreciate!

snoopy

Hi Seiko,

You're right. 31/08 is very popular. A lot of other hotels are also fully booked for weddings. Perhaps you can highlight your ballroom to your guests when you hand out the invitations? Which ballroom have you booked?

I'm using Universal's bridal package. We've already had our photo shoots and I've had my WG and EG designed. As I'll be abroad for a few months, they serviced us in advance else we won't have enough time to have the stuff done. However, I'll only get to see the album and my gowns when I return. Wonder how's the results...hmmm
uhoh.gif

snoopy

seiko

Morning Snoopy
happy.gif

Initially hubby n i shortlisted Oriental n Mandarin, but aug 31st was already booked in Oriental. Mandarin had only 1 ballrm avail by the time we asked so we grabbed it.
will prob remind my guests bt the ballrm as u suggested, when i hand out the invites
happy.gif

Ive booked Belvedere room as i only have like 30-32 tables
happy.gif

You'll be stationed abroad for a few mths? will it disrupt the planning then? like food tasting, invites etc? ill only be having my PS on 5/6.. kinda rush i think....

shook

Hihi Peabrain72
Leave 2 inch of the stalk for wrist corsage, wouldn't it b poking on the wrist? Or is it place slanted?

Hihi Pausini
U dun have to feel bad lah. Your aim is juz to let us vote 4 the gowns but not 4 sharing to the public @ wide.
Wow u selling wrist corsage. Muz b expert in making it. Teach me can?
Sent u the file.

Hihi Kare2711
Dun feel kan cheong. Most urgent thing have your ROM dress, bouquet n shoes 4 ROM

jady

haha, yi & flowee, then during the dinner this wed, i'll be like having 2 female bodyguards walkg beside me cos i'm so short!!!hahaa

yi, me & hubby likes pulau ubin cos not so common place for ps & hubby too like the nature & kampong there. but i think my bridal charges extra few hundred to go there..cry..

as for my EG, i've nvr tot the idea of full netting behind will look sexy cos stil considered covered up mah...but now i see yours, wow! wait till i go for my 1st fitting, see how hubby react! keke

vin

Hi Pausini,

Nothing wrong for you of not and dun wan to share your photos.

Like mine as well, there's some bad comments in the JWD thread. And so brides also ask fr my photos, some unhappy brides tot am JWN staffs. Wah Piangz!! Purposely ask for the photos to proved??? A bit siao... so I just share with a few of them who I really communicate with.

Not worried, you hv your rite!!!

vin

HI Kare2711,

Agreed with Cat, more Ah Yi will hv noise, is better, else it's too quiet.

HI Pausini,

Emm... If you want to make wrist corsage fr your Ah Yi and gal friends of both of you, I suggested you better do it for your helper at reception only. Else if you gv all gal friends, then your female relative will wonder how come they dun hv... And is not all ppl will appreciate your "xin yi"...
happy.gif

Hi Sue,

Then your Sg dinner will be aft our wedding day?? Ya.. think your make-up colour will turn diff. aft long hrs... especially you need to make-up early and sit in the car fr hrs then reach segamat.

Where you FH fetch you from?? Sg or Segamat??

J

jan2003

Hello everyone,

wrist corsage i am very interested in but must see budget and whether time allow or not. both FH and myself won't be able to take leave except one day before wedding so i believe will have lots of things to rush on that day so flowers may have to skip. see how.

Kare2711 & Cat: don't worry. i haven't done much too and my wedding is at the beginning of May. Plus, there are so many gals here who can advice us that's why i not panicking that much. very comforting to know help is readily available.

Pausini: the bedside lamp are now all battery operated because kerosene too dangerous. those shops selling chinese customery products carry these.

Sue: think better idea to remove then touch up again at Segamat. Better for face to let it rest and breathe before you apply new coat. will look better and fresher too. you think?

Shook: fresh flowers look better but don't last that well lor. are wrist corsages supposed to last till dinner banquet time? if yes, tough to keep it alive you think? as for ah yee. i haven't decided yet. i don't have that may friends so i think maybe just 1 to 2 only. what about you?

May: How's the cleaning? keep us updated.

Went to JL sale after see advertisement in Straits Times. Out of stock was the common phrase. even the pillow protectors were out of stock. so frustrated with the same reply i just walk out plus it was so crowded you think everything is free. especially the more senior ladies, they were pushing and rushing. wonder what's the hurry. sometimes i just detest going to JL or Robinson's sale. the ugly singaporen side never fail to show. talk about gracious society.

M

mrs

Hi Ladies!

I just decided my colors and designs of my WG, EG, and teadress at Dang last Saturday. WG will be white duchess satin with details at the waist and hems. EG will be peacock blue thai silk with a deep V-neck in front and deep V bareback till the waist. Teadress will be knee length modern cheong sam either in purple or fuschia (?) color. I will be going to Arab street with her to purchase materials this week. Very excited now!

I met Kelly Chavel at her shop too andsaw some of her works. Very coincidental to find out that she did the make up for my FH's cousin two years ago too. I like the natural look she gives to brides.

Now I must try and control my weight and eating. I guess I must have gave Dang and Cindy a fright when they took my measurements. I guess I didn't look 'that big' before they measure me.

cherubies

Hi cookiemz,
hee hee. me also seldom come in. when's your rom?
so which did u choose in the end?

i have just booked my europe honeymoon over the weekend. looking forward to it.

as for nz, never been there, tho saw my fren's pixs. very scenic indeed!! been to gold coast australia in jul, very cold.

cherubies

Hi Yi,
apologies first!!! we went down to the Chan Brothers fair yesterday. After 6 hrs at suntec, we have signed up for the Insight european tour (20 days)[abt 50 days b4 tour agent will confirm if tour is on]. Flying air france. checked the package tour for chan brother, max only 18 days. was very crowded.

flowee

jady

aiyoh dun say until we r like giants lei
any suggestion 4 dinner venue on wed???

cher

cool so u confirmed goin 2 europe after ur weddin lor...
when is ur next fittin???

clyne

Serene,

u looking for me?? Went for my 1st appt liao..posted my experience in the bridal thread..

Meow,
thanks..

leo29

Good morning gals! Monday blue......

DK,

I went to Divine and try their gown before, like it very much, low back gown. Their designer is very prof. but I don’t want to spend so much on the bridal package so had drop them.