(2003) Brides of year 2003

jazz

Hi Maya, I've got a calendar here with the info. The animal that 'chong' on 21st May is mouse. If you need any other dates, let me know.
happy.gif

Hi Pausini, I'm not sure abt US$. Only see US$ at the airport. The only thing that's bad is some of the shops, the moment I opened my mouth, some of the salesgirls quote me super high prices 'cos I'm a forigener. So most of the time, I just shut my mouth and walk around to compare prices so I wun get cheated.
sad.gif
But shopping is really a paradise there. Pardon me for missing out but have you confirmed your gowns already? Just managed to take a look at the picts. Quite a number of them matches you well. I loved the pict in the bright blue gown, you looked extremely good in it.
happy.gif

Shook, Korea's very nice. I stayed in Seoul for the whole week, it looked very like a city in the states, just that all shops have Korean signs. I hardly see English words around except for the street signs. It's definitely a good place to visit. I can name you all the places that you can shop. There're just too many things until you dunno where to start and what to buy. ;p I did a little shopping and bought some winter stuff for my honeymoon. How's your prep for your honeymoon? Have you decided on where to go?

May, Korea's great! The only sad thing is I din get a chance to travel out of Seoul to see the country sites and snow. But I think I'll go back there again if I have the chance.

Gals, wanna check with you, if my fren just gave birth, eg. a mth before my wedding day, can I still invite her to my traditional ceremony? Will this pan tang?

shanice

Hi Abrinas..

yeah lor its me, i started a discussion called: Shanice's before and after-diet pics

haha... wah i didn't realise that preparing for wedding is so tough, so hectic... keke.. rather stressful hor? somemore i'm the one doing most stuff... hubby too busy with work.. dun wan to stress him..oops actually feel that his ideas abit not-so-creative lah eheheheh men! too logical... wahhaah

hmmm dunno leh my MIL checked n said its a good date for us lor, according to date/time of birth etc... hehe but doesn't mean its a good date for everyone i guess... depends, but frankly i dun really care! keke...

hi yvonne n jelutong

glad that u two are newbies here too! this forum is very addictive n guess wat, i'm hooked! do u gals log in here every nite? i do... keke... "shun bian" check email mah :p

okie think i too lor-sor liao... keke... pen off here...

Shanice
happy.gif

vin

Hi Jazz,

Is up to you, if she don't mind and you are not pan tang at all then no problem. But better check with your elderly at home....
happy.gif

How's your trip to korea????

leo29

Twinklets,

Use london cab, ok. Something special. How I wish I'm the only daughter but .... no lah, me the eldest daughter/grandchidren. That's why, it's our family first wedding. Funny lei, I don't see them feeing exited. Maybe still got mths to go. Lugi $, never came across my mind lei. Guess may breakeven becos I'm going to invite business partner.

Don't worry, boss normally will give you big ang bao. At least $200.

Wendyl,

I also never came across,

Y

yi

hahahah
really all over but luckily myself, jan and fionau are all west gals!
happy.gif

btw, i'm trying to upload my pics.
think shd be completing by this week but only my wedding fotos coz actual day too many lah.
360+ pics how to scan! hehehe

meow

Twinklets,
London cab isn't a bad idea. Infact its nice. Have many colours to choose from, even red ones. THe rental is $500.
happy.gif

shook

Hihi Pausini
I actually received the invitation card samples on Valentine 14 Feb. Juz dat I dun have time to go to the hotel to confirm which card we want n collect the card
U collect early better. At least can settle another thing.

Hihi Jazz
Wow, next time muz go Korea. Actually my hubby wanted to go Korea for honeymoon. I said Korea is nearer n cheaper. Next time can still afford to go there if we have kids. Europe 2 ex to go wif kids. So we plan to go Europe for honeymoon.
No progress on honeymoon thing. Wz busy wif sourcing carpenter n shift-in ritual after CNY. Euro keeps appreciating against S$. Sigh.... wondering if I shld go somewhere else.
I have an x-colleague EDD Apr. I invited her verbally. My mum said cannot. The 2 happy occasions clashes. Come to think of it, she is weak n tired during confinement. So I won't b inviting her.

S

sept 03 bride

Hi Ocean,
u hv just confirmed your wedding dinner venue? Where will that be? 20th Sept seems like a hot date... alot of ppl are getting married on this day. I do hv a fren who is getting married on this day.
I really do like Chris Ling's work, quite unique and his style is different.

M

mrs

Hi erin!

Let us know your experience with BI. I'm also searching for a goo Beauty Salon for facial since my PS is in June. My friend will be bringing me to one in Bugis on Friday. Think a package of 5 facials is about $300++.

erin

hi mrs quake,

can i check with u what discounts can we get when we sign up for the sb card? me thinking of signing up too if i can get discount at beauty salons?

Thanks.

mvp

My frenz booked a london cab for her wedding and it's champagne gold. Find it veri impressive and becos is big in size, so hv a posh kind of feelings. But the timing is quite restricted and yap, reasonable price.

wendyl

Hi
Thanks for replying,when u loggged on to the website,on top of the page,will appear a small portion of cocoa colour n a lady wearing WG stated bridal show n sometime they will switch to LEE HWA Jewellary too.

Wendy

J

jingle bell

Jady, so lucky to have the m-up artist for your outdoor.

1027, what is the designer bridal sales about? You mean they'r sell their gowns?? Where is it?

If your gown are MTM, do you leave it to your designer to design or you will be involved? Hehe, I am preparing for mine, so need some ideas from those who have already done theirs.

I think I might be able to join for the next meeting. Hopefully no outstationed during that period. will keep you update.

M

mrs

erin, you can check it out on the page under the card member ship page. If I'm not wrong, for new joiners we get a $50 voucher and another 50% off vouchers for two of the SB merchants (a spa and beauty salon) among other stuff.

One of the merchant is BI. I guess I'll use the vouchers as well when I get them. Too good a deal to miss. Because of the card, I also go to keep the tea dress when I sign up with Dang. Good deal isn't it?

beibei

shanice
welcome!!really admired your determination!!!
Hope can meet up at June brides gathering!

So gals how?meeting up?hope no disappointment..

me seeing si dian jin this sun with PILs and hubby.hope can find something nice
happy.gif

jady / vio: dun change the date just for me lah... let majority decide which day is most convenient for them.

Jingle Bell: the designer bridal sale is going on this weekend 11am - 9pm at the Grand Plaza Park Royal ballroom. Basically a few bridal boutiques are getting together to sell their gowns, prices start from $199 i think. There'll also be some photographers etc who'll set up a booth there.

I'm going there to scout for my bridesmaid dress.

I left my MTM evening gown to my designer entirely. He drew a few for me and i chose one that i took an immediate liking to . I already knew the design of my bridal gown right from the beginning, so we skipped one step.

naturally

Hi gals,
Just to share, i went down to BI 2 weeks ago, it was my 1st time there but the facial was the best i've had so far, so erin and mrs quake, not to worry, u'll be in very good hands!
happy.gif
But the prices are quite expensive, i guess it's because they use dermalogica pdts. Actually, it was because of the February promotion where each couple (i assume must be of opp sex!
biggrin.gif
) pays only price of 1, that's why i went there with my FH... So erin, u can bring your FH there for free facial! Or another bf also can, heehee, just kidding!
lol.gif

M

mrs

Nautrally: 2 for the price of 1? How much does the facial cost? Too bad. i'm going to miss it. February ends tomorrow!

twinklets

Hi Leo29,

no lar, i think now the date is still quite far, tat's why they havent feel the excitement yet. Wait till u see the happy smile on them by then.
happy.gif

Yup my bosses here are generous type. I just hope their angbaos can cover up some of my loss from my relatives..

Meow & Mvp ,
wow $500 for london car is considered reasonable hah? Including Petrol & car decorations? U gals any idea? Cool! so many colors to choose... red sounds retro to me, i like. hehe
Wat do u mean by restricted timing? can elaborate... ?

Wendyl,
ehh.. u mean the Graceful Image Bridal show?
I think the cutting maybe a mermaid or Sheath design .....

Are,
I think most of your frens will buy u gifts lor ... it is always the case for young couples i guess..
Geeezz if tat fren of urs comes empty-handed, let her drink plain water can alreay lar!
biggrin.gif
*bu hui zhuo ren*
18048.gif

Btw how u wanna decorate the beach party? So envy u guys.
happy.gif
How abt adding seashells around the boundary of the beach party?

twink|ets ~

abrinas

HI beibei

I bought my si dian jin liao. Just left a pair of bangles (for giving to me during tea ceremony) which I don't see anything nice yet. Maybe better luck this sun
happy.gif

Very happy cos me n FH almost done with painting of our hse. Just left some touch ups and ceiling for living rm. Quite glad.
happy.gif
Only during this time do i realise the good friends tt i hv - they offered to help us paint the hse n they really did help.
happy.gif

Hi Sweets

Glad u will be checking in more often.
Getting album out shdn't be much of a problem if yr photographer's fast. I chose my photos 1st wk of this month n i m only getting them 1st week of april. Maybe they r taking their sweet time cos i m still early. they actually want to drag until 2nd wk of april until FH tell them tt we need the photos for our church invitation cards then they say 1st wk.
happy.gif

Hi jetluong

Welcome to the forum. No worries, still got 4 mths to go. actually, sometimes the comments r just for info n might not be what u might encounter at the bridal shop. the one tt i went to - ie. seletar broadway, too hv a lot of negative comments but when i went there, it's actually quite good. so it all depends. the ultimate trick - be chin chai a bit if can compromise. but if impt things but cannot compromise, then persist. they will normally accommodate. We all had packages fm different shops, maybe u can check with them.

As for the hotels u shortlisted, sorry cannot comment as mine had ard 25-30 tables n mine's at orchard parade hotel. Unsure abt the food 2. Sorry
uhoh.gif

Sorry for the long posting - i m so glad tt there r postings
lol.gif

maya

Hi Jazz thanks for the info!

I guess I better sort out all these an chuang and tea ceremony biz, now that I know I must watch out for them. Saw in papers JL having 9.30 special and saw the rice cooker which I just bought at Courts early this week going much cheaper! aiyoh, heart pain! But then, I must find leave/off to join the crowds at JL......

mvp

Hullo twinklets,

Think they have standard timing as it does come with chauffeur. So if happened that your event hasn't ended and u still need the cab, u will hv to pay extra. U can check their website for more infor. Considering $500 for all that should be quite alright.

sunshine

Hi Naturally and all Dec brides-to-be,

Good day to all of you!

Naturally, you can really give up on your walk-in wardrobe. The MBR..it's really really small. I've actually gone into my unit and checked it out myself... mine is real pathetic. I don't know if you follow the 'Punggol Blk 643 - 652' thread under 'Home and Decor '... i did some postings there. We also went into one of the 4RM unit and the MBR is slightly bigger than the one in my unit... so i guess diff dimensions for diff units... hopefully yours is bigger. But sad to say, it is still Not enough for a walk-in. After looking at the condition... i'm confirmed gonna hack one room.

amore

twinklets... big and spacious... if u have big gown, the cab will be good... car deco by her bridal... becoz her bridal dun provide car so she booked a london cab...if u book full day i think the timing is something like 7a.m to 12a.m... she actually use the cab to pick up and drop her parents and PIL from and back home... I think in normal case... the banquet shld end by 12... unless your parents/PIL help u count angbao? My fren say must book early so u can get chinese driver.... hmm i think the booking is 6 mths in advance... so for us will be ermm. Apr?... something special and unique lor... red london cab... hehehe maybe by the time our turn... red london cab common liao?...

are

twink|ets... dun think i will do v much to the decor, maybe some netted ribbons ard the premises. can't do the seashells thingy coz its not exactly on the beach. its a pub tats built on a platform above the sands, so we wun be actually standing in sand. but they hv a pointed marquee, and hubby suggested letting go of balloons into the marquee, with long ribbons hanging down. think tat shd be all, coz i'm sure we will be damn tired after 1 full day of activities before tat! ;P

i think if i rem correctly, the london cab is from 6am - 12midnite. plus 2hrs on the eve for the bridal to do the decor. the cab doesn't come with decor, but the price includes chauffer and petrol. i oso wanted @ 1st, but hubby din like, so gotta use bridal's car then.

sweets

Hi
happy.gif

Shanice, must agree with the rest that I also admire your determination ;) and you look great now
happy.gif
I'm trying to kickstart and lose more weight as well...kinda overate all the weight back when I was back home over the festive season..bad bad...

Abrinas
happy.gif
its nice to be back in the swing of things
happy.gif
First must design the EG first...than can do PS...heee grin Wow, you've bought your 4 dian jing already ? ....you move fast...my FH and I are only getting the family together to chat about "dowry" stuff only first wk of May...yeeks!

J

jan2003

Hello everyone!

Finally back in action. Haven't been visiting this site for a few weeks already. Many thing have been happening that's why didn't log on. Have been sick, was hospitalised for 3 days because of virus, bad case of fever. Then FH rushed back lor. i rested a few days and then push myself for the photoshoot. Since he is back we thought might as well and i was feeling much better although on the day of PS, I wasn't really in top form. The staff at bridal were all very nice and concern. i had a great day. took many pictures but didn't last till late at night because they know of my health condition. ended around 7.30pm just in time for us to go grab dinner.

I miss talking to all of you but was following a strict program of sleeping early. FH insist i sleep early every night! Following days after PS was busy buying bedroom set because FH won't be back until 1 to 2 weeks before the wedding. finally bought my bed, very happy but very expensive
sad.gif
we burst budget to get bed so end up buying a super cheap unbranded mattress. sigh. now just need to settle invitation cards, wait for photo to be developed and buy bedlinen and also my rom dress. anything else i miss out? please help to fill me in yah. back to one man show for me. hahaha! if i didn't get sick i really wonder when i will take my PS.
now worry pictures not nice because i look sick. sigh.

now i got question. saw all of you talking about an chuang. must i have one? my side and his parents didn't mention anything about it. so when the bed comes how? i cannot sit on it? how to test that mattress is ok then? then i also worry bed will collect dust, how? can cover with plastic sheets?

beibei

abrinas,
you bought gold gold?me will be going to LeeHwa si dian jins.MIL give me a budget of $4k..dun noe if i would exceed the amount.Would buy white gold then get them to dye to gold gold then after the 'presentation'dye back to white gold.

Both parents will be meeting first sat of march!looking forward to it!
happy.gif

vin

HI Jan2003,

Welcome back!! hope you are fully recover now.

When can you choose your Photos??? Do you hv polaroids to show to us?

As for "an chuang", just ask both of your parents lor. Normally ppl will hv it lor. Aiyah, think you can sit and test the mattress laa... not worry. "An chuang" process is like you put on your new bedsheet, everything and sth that require you to do by your dialect custom lor. Check with your erderly first.

vio

hi 1027,

i've sign-up for e designer bridal sale - shld be there on sun lah ;p

as for our next meeting, how abt tis..... we'll set 18th(Tue) & 20th(Thur), u gals pour in with ur preferred day - will confirm tt day with e most vote!!

lin

Hi all June 2003 Brides,

I'm a 22nd June 2003 bride to be. Hoping to share the joy with more friends in this thread.

abrinas

hi beibei

me bought gold gold. If don't like, then i dye to white gold. just a suggestion - buy gold gold then dye to white gold better cos think white gold not much value. can consider this option.
happy.gif

hi sweets

no worries, si dian jin actually quite easy to buy one, if just for presentation. they sell in sets at most jewellery shops.
happy.gif
early may still in time.

leo29

Twinklets,

Get a spacious bridal car so your hb will not seat on your WG. They said if he seated on it, he will control you after married. Hahaha...., you believe?

Gals,

Did you hear any old tales that what we need to do on our wedding day so we can control our hb instead of him control us? I know a fews but don't know should I mention here. Wait the guys will come after me. Will you Novgroom?

serene

Hi gals,

Hi Jady: Wow..your design sounds quite sexy
happy.gif
Hee..mine is rather simple one as I dun like to have lots of details plus I dun look nice with Halter neck etc. Tried one OTR but does not look nice on me. My make up artist also do not follow us for outdoor shots..btw, how much is yr package?

Hi vio,
I am ok with all the date
happy.gif

Btw, do you gals know Leapin Lizard website?
Me thinking of making two pairs of shoes, one for WG and the other for EG. Hmm..now abit regret didn't MTM my WG..but dunno how good is my designer lor...sigh* too bad I sign up without comparing boutique..if not, I will choose one that offers nicer bridal gowns..

playful

Hi Leo,

Say some of the stuffs leh.. Novgroom should not mind.. he should know some too...in case the FMIL should be teaching his wife and he know how to avoid.

ally

hi nicole... that's cool! i really like otani!
happy.gif
very impressed with joseph who's very accommodating and friendly. attended my friend's WD at otani 2 months ago and the food was fantastic. on the whole, really good value for money. btw, who did u liaise with?

sep 03 bride... lol, ok. both of u are 2 different people! hmm... quite a few people taking from HIPV.

hi ocean... thanks for the welcome
happy.gif
i'm catholic and will most likely go to Queen of Peace for my wedding cos that's my parish church. i'm currently undecided cos i prefer st joseph's church (at bras besar) as i attended that church since my school days.

sep 03... i will be having my wedding solommised in church and everything else on the same day
happy.gif
spoke to the lawyer from WLAW last time and he said can get deferrment from HDB easily by producing relevant documents to show that my marriage date is after TOP. he said can even defer up to 9 months. that reminds me, i better get the lawyer to write to HDB soon!

leo29

Are,

Which beach you having your beach party? Don't you feel siong(Maybe I shld said tire) to have dinner and beach party(Xtra preparation)? You going to have your dinner on your actual day? How about beach party? How much you need to spend for your beach party?

twinklets

Yo gals,
i see i see .. big & spacious is nice .. cos my train quite long & mini can can inside.. But sighs.. car decorations not included ahh..
sad.gif
Think i better check out their web site to noe more details.
Hope due to the downturn of market, their rate will also lower too.
crazy.gif

Amore, hmm i duno by the time red london cab is common or not .. hmm but anw most importantly is whether my FH can accept the bright color or not...
18062.gif

Are,
cannot put seashells ahh? hee cos i think seashells kinda romantic feeling..
happy.gif
Can dance there or not? I havent attend a beach wedding before. Think must be real stylo cool
biggrin.gif
Then wat u wanna wear? Any idea yet?

Leo,
hehee no lar i dun believe in old tales like tis.
biggrin.gif
the most I step on his shoes when he sits on my gown.
18063.gif

ok curious.. tell us abt it ????

Ok juz wondering .. how many of you will expect your hub to give you all his $$ to control???? & U just give him mthly allowance??

Wendyl,
I think hor the mermaid designs all along have leh.
18064.gif
Maybe u wanna check with Doreen @ Fashion advice?
But for me hor, i dun care whether it is popular or not lor, so long i look great in that .. can liao ....

twink|ets ~

are

leo29... i noe two.. to step on hubby's shoes when he first bring the bride out of the room, and to sit down when reaching the groom's place rite? hahaha... my fren actually did the 2nd, coz she was feeling a lil tired, and wanted to get out of the MIL's way as they were preparing things, but she got screamed at & they made her stand. she wondered why and oni later on, another fren told her. and she confessed tat she accidentally stepped on her hubby's shoe before tat too! hahaha... so she shd hv ultimate control then!

are

leo29... the pub i'm having my dinner is @ elias park, fisherman's village, called the reef. we are expecting to be real tired, tat's why i will not hv photoshoot on actual day. will just finish the ceremonies, then rest till the relatives' dinner @ nite. then rest all i can till next day, then proceed to the beach dinner.

we are budgeting abt $50-60 per pax, coz we can oni estimate the alcohol part, coz we hv to buy our own bottles of hard liquor.

not sure wat i'm wearing, but will enter with my gown lor. then aft tat change into something easier to move around, cos there will be loud music, drinks, BBQ food, and everyone's invited to dance the nite away! ;P

are

twink|ets... think i've answered your qns in the above posting rite? ;P actually, i oso never been to a beach party, but hv always wanted. maybe i watched too much beverly hills 90210! hahahaha... so far, everyone tat we tell are equally shocked. ;P

abt the $$ part, i know my hubby will never give me all his money. and i dun think its fair too, coz i oso wun give up all my money to him wat. think tats why joint account is gd rite? ;P

leo29

Any good recommendation for marriage check up? My friend told me NTUC have this package, cost $400-500. I find it expensive lei somemore I not their member so have to pay full price.

What I know is,
1)Stepping on his shoe when you step out of your
house.
2)Do not let him seat on your WG through out
the day.
3)Be the first to step into your/MIL house
when you arrived.

Are you gals aware that we are not suppose to take out our shoe on our wedding day when we enter the house? Get to know this when I was ah yee for a friend but never ask her why. Ai yah, never notice the Groom.

Oh no..., it's seem like i'm an old auntie,
sad.gif
with this cannot that cannot.

Twinklets,

Definitly not my hb. Even he want me to do that, I also wouldn't agreed. He is a man! But will force him to hand over some money to save lor becos he always like to anyhow spent money. And take some Jia Yiong from him.