(2003) Brides of year 2003

D

dk

Meow & ladies,
i will not be attending the gathering...
Pls enjoy yourselves....Keep me update...
Cheers!

Btw Novgroom MIA? He has not been around lately...

Hi to all fellowship,
I think we should give Meow an "Applause" for doing a good job in this section of the Forum...
Keeping us started & update on all our particulars...Thanks Meow!

shook

Hihi Vin
I tried 10WG, 9EG yesterday. I like the 2 WG dat White Link KIV for me. None of the EG they were KIV 4 me suits my taste. They had a fashion show on 21st Feb, I wanna try those gowns but the designer said I m v petite, the gowns r 4 taller brides. Only let me tried a few pcs which I dun like. Quite disappointed.

Hihi Pausini
My mum asked the designer to let me try red color gown. I wz given only 1 red color gown to try n it doesn't suit me.
Gd dat now your FH agrees to have an emcee.

Hihi May
White Link doesn't allow me to take pictures of the gowns.
Stay in the hotel n relax. Let your hubby does the supervision. May b u tell him wat to look out 4.

Hihi Maya
Thx 4 the info.

wen

Leo29,
I gave up kua already. Too heavy to walk around in kua n those from H.O.E. a bit too short for me. Hubby said i look funny. Now thinking of getting a kebaya. Saw one bride in red kebaya n it is v nice.
Since you dont have to pay, get tea dress and ask them to lend u kua for PS. Then u have tea dress to keep n kua for photo.

Priscilla,
Must take lot of photos and show me. What about the last outing? Any photos? If have, please email me @ [email protected]. Thanks!

beibei

beanie,
COOL IT!
happy.gif

for GDL thing it is difficult for us to give you advices cos different dialect has different items to purchase.Why not go down to Beauty World and ask the shop owner?he shd be in a good position to know wat items to buy but of cos you dun have to buy the whole set if u are not those traditional type.

For beer,wouldn't your hotel be providing it??For wine,we will be getting 2crates,24bottles of wine each..I think 10bottles of hard liquor is more than enough since nowadays more pp will take wine than hard liquor but also have to depend on the profile of your guests.

taddess,
you are lucky cos the weather is turning good since beginning of this week!
I had mine at Changi Beach to shoot planes flying above me but twice I wasn't lucky to capture it!
sad.gif
also sentosa,labrodor and fullerton.
How about Club street where they have those old shop houses?Singapore Art Musem?Punggol Lallang?
I think your photographer will know where the better spots to take photos.
My guest list has already been done since late last year but these are just estimated guests so nearer the date maybe early april then can I announce my wedding to them and seek a verbal invitation.for songs we already have in mind which ones to use,actual day programme ald done up.
honeymoon will be confirmed and booked by end of march.
Taddess,dun panic!just draft out a list of task and prioritise them one by one.just do those which are more time consuming and do things step by step.
happy.gif

shanice,
I am on for june brides gathering!!If we can't have all June brides shall we come out if there is about 4people??
happy.gif

flowee

gd mornin ladies

nice 2 c u gers once again ( wenn, yi n elaine ) n veri happi 2 meet u ( jady n leafy )

i supposed coz we r the noisiest grp ard tats y the boss keep lookin @ our direction... :p

vin

Hi Shook,

Warrua, you bridal at least should let you try the gowns maa... how can they just said that the gowns is not suite you but fr taller brides only??? Tell them you haven't a bit no "si xin" lor....
happy.gif

Luckily my co-ordinator very good.. she will just said "oh.. nvm, you can try if you want, if not suite then choose others lor..." Everytime they will KIV their gowns to me or ask me what I want then they will in from Taiwan fr me. And my photographer also help me a lotz when I choosing my EG for photo shoot and actual day.

Emm... Try to talk to your co-ordinator see whethers/he can help up to reserve more EG fr you to choose. Tell them you really dun like the gowns. If you dun like, you won't willing to wear and won't feel pretty on your big day. And when you are not satisfied, if happen your friends relative ask you which bridal shop you sign with, you are pai seh to tell them as well.. so indirectly they will lose potential customer....
happy.gif

wen

DK,
If you like low back, Divine Coulture is the right place. Fit and cut is good. Served by Kim. She is very nice n friendly. However, my hubby said no low back, too revealing. He is so lao tu right???

Any particular design in mind? A-Line, Ball Gown, Straight? Material-Duchess Satin, Organza or chiffon? For me, looking for big ball gown & must be organza cos i like the gown to look soft & flowy.

Bridals i visited
1)Silhoutte; 2)Emanuel B; 3)Bridal Veil 4)Julia; 5)Milan; 6)Dang; 7)Le Galleria 8)Divine; 9)Ted Wu; 10)Kelvin Seah; 11)Frederick Lee; 12)Kai; 13)Irene Creation; 14)Blush Blush; 15)Tan Yoong; 16)H.O.E. 17) Vanity
Lezen is busy preparing for their fashion show when i want to visit them. So in the end, didnt go.
Shortlisted - Bridal Veil, Irene Creation, Silhouette, Kai & Tan Yoong.

Photographers visited:-
1) O Studio (nice work; reasonable price).

Thinking of visiting:-
1) Leonard; 2) PictureBox 3) Andrew Choi; 4) Chris Ling

Cheers!

shanice

hi beibei!!!

oki... i'm quite free cos not working now
happy.gif
i dunno the gals here very well, if its u + me, then + 2 more will make 4....
happy.gif

we can go suntec olio dome... rite? that place quite accessible n comfy. next week would be good... pls contact beibei or me if u gals wanna meet for a din din or coffee.. then we can ask all the questions we want... keke.. saves time too rite? haha...

Shanice
happy.gif

leo29

DK,

I believe you will like Divine gown. They have many different design of low back gown that you can try on. I tried 4-5 when I visited them.

Yah, I know birdnest good for skin but very ex lei. Normally I take tonics. Wow…., you visited so many bridal shop? Not make you blur meh?

tingting

hi gals,

i had quite a fun time at Dang yesterday. The shop was pretty crammed with some other customers, so me n my colleagues had to wait for our turn to try on the gowns. This time, i tried on some other different cuts, and i have a better idea of what suits me. Overall, i think Dang's style is quite suitable for me, elegant without being loud. I tried on a cheongsam (full length) and was quite impressed with the slimming effect it has on me! haha! I'll most likely sign up Dang, if my budget allows and i can finalise my studio photographer and make-up artist.

Besides Kelly, does anyone have an impression on the other make-up artists that are with Dang?

Also, are Dang's prices inclusive of GST?

wen

Hi Meow,
You are using Nick Goh for Actual Day Photography. Journalistic photography? How much does he charge?

wenn

good morning gals!

it's great to be able to meet up with u all
biggrin.gif
i really enjoyed myself
happy.gif

yi, nope, u din disappoint me... in fact, u looked great
happy.gif

leafy

yoi! Good morning!
happy.gif

Yes indeed. Yesterday's meeting was great!!

eh...group gathering is like this one lor...must learn to get used to it!
proud.gif

Jady,
I've told me sis about 5Oct liao. Hope she's able to see/contact him asap.
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi flowee,

ya lor, i think we are the noisiest, most talkative and sit there the longest customers they ever have! hahaha

hi wenn,

i really enjoyed myself too!
happy.gif

finally get to see u in person.
you going to be a west gal after your wedding too rite?

may

Hi Gals, in the end i didnt go for my fitting and trial last nite. The hotel had a blackout - yep. So it will b tonite instead and i remember to bring my digital camera.

Shook: Is there still time for you to go for another selection for the evening gowns? Dont b disappointed. Agree with Vin try to show your displeasure & disapptment. Insist tat you want another round of selection n ask them to KIV those suitable for you. aiya, why u also cant take photos...so strict like Jan.

Actually petite is good, u shld look good in many design and cutting. Unlike me. I only got the height ...

M

mrs

Hi Tingting,

I'm glad you had a good time at Dang. Did you try on a peacock blue cheong sam? I love that piece very much and I'm doing mine in the same color but only till knee length.

How much is you budget? I can't remember if GST is inclusive or not. Must look at the invoice again!

elaine

hi flowee, wenn, leafy, yi & jady,

Ya, yesterday's outing was great!!! I guess we're the san-pat po(s), auntie stage already. Talk also the loudest, sit also the longest...those super kiasu auntie kind
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="orange">Yi</FONT> - I let you see more pics once I finish my website, ok? Didn't have much time to do these few day, but it's finishing soon
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi wenn,

sure can get used one coz i also from central to west side mah! got used to it liao and now mostly hanging at JP. hehehe

hi elaine,

thanks alot.
u take your time as i know you shd be busy with your wedding stuff now.
happy.gif

enjoy the wedding preparation stage ok?
and be a happy and beautiful bride

are

shirlynn... hmm.. never heard of tis shop. wat's the address?

meow... well, we were considering post-form VS solid top, until my fren psycho us to use granite cos he selling us cheap. &amp; since its cheaper than solid surface, &amp; supposed to be more lasting since its natural stone, we will prob use it.

priscilla... well, if you could help to make reservation i think it would be best! then dun hv to worrie of stressing the waiters to prepare a big table. thanx!

thanx to meow for tracking too!

flowee

wow so many postin 2daz...
keep up the spirit!!!
happy.gif

perhaps we can arrange 2 hse visitin next time round instead of goin out 4 dinner...
wat say u gers???
happy.gif

popple

weddin is ard the corner...
dun b dampen by ur mum...
enjoy ur weddin preparation n also ur big daz...
btw when r u headin 4 HM???

are

oh ya... forgot to update that my PS will be on 26 June, thursday. was told by bridal tat thurs is less 'crowded', so a gd day to take pic. &amp; happens to be hubby's birthday, so his celebration tis year will be a torturing afternn of PS! ;P

hmm... meow, maybe we shd add tis into our list as well?

sweetie

Hi are,
Your bridal is Tokyo right? My bridal boutique is having the same designer as your shop. Having any mtm? She is very good.

tingting

Hi Mrs Quake,

i think that was the one i tried..it's next to the fitting room rite? if i decide to do one, must make sure it's not the same design as yours...never know if any of our friends / relatives will be attending both weddings! haha!

pls let me know if the prices are inclusive of GST. Thanks!

bortei

hi snoopy.
wow, you are in UK now. so exciting.

yup, seiko think they will contact us in may. But i will be going down next week or so to take a look at oriental's new stage decor and their colour scheme. There's 3 weddings next week.

Lilac, dun worry, i guess dang should be able to rush it out for you. So far, how do you find the service there?

Hi WhiteFloral, welcome! have you selected your bridal boutique?

btw, need to ask you gals this question. It's actually about An Chuang. It's usually 2 or 3 days before the actual wedding day right?

hee hee...We are 178 days away from our big day!
lol.gif

beibei

shanice,
I just contact some of the girls but they were asking which date.so shall we choose some dates and vote??!!!

M

mrs

Sure tingting, will try and let you know tomorrow. I don't think Dang will produce identical ones lah...she'll probably do different beadings and embroidery and different designs for the chest area for each one.

sweets

hi hi hi ...

got outing ah ? wait for me ? I'll be back in SG from 23rd onwards...pretty pretty please ?
(playing the cute card...dunno will work not )

beibei

hi all,
is 19th march ok??

sweets,
hard to wait for u leh..cos if postponed too late..then gatherigng will have tendency to be cancelled..
sad.gif

leafy

today quite free.... *touchwoodx2*
proud.gif

elaine,
ya. Since u know ur mom has her one kind, no point getting upset. Stay focus on ur wedding preparation and be a happy and pretty bride!
happy.gif

eh...when ur website is up...i also want to see!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

sweets

hi all
happy.gif

Shanice, which branch u go to normally ? Is the French Mani done by air brushing ?

Taddess, I also not done a thing yet....but not yet panic...3 more months ...haha...think SHOULD have enough time lar .... so if I panic later...u all must ren ok ?

We are not getting beer nor hard liqour, only red wines...this is my FH's "duty" list...think he decided to only get reds ...what's the average budget for a bottle of wine ? Your hotel allows u to get beer from external sources ? Cos I know most hotels use beer as one of the main "revenue source" ...think I was told can get beer from APB for abouter 2-300 bucks a barrel, but hotel normally marks up to 6-700 bucks.

beibei...add me to contact list too ? [email protected] thanks
happy.gif

poki

Hi HF

I'll call her if I have not heard from her by week. My PS is in Jun. Yalor, quite anxious to see my gowns.

How was your 1st fitting? Do you like your gowns?

beibei

June brides gathering
19/3/03

Yes--beibei
--Shanice
--Priviledged
--abrinas

No --Pucca

the rest?? hope we can go ahead when confirmed 4 of us!!

cath

Hello All

Sorry that I MIA for sooo long..very bz with sch project as term is ending.

Reading back the thread, seems like almost all had already gone for gown selection.. I skipped mine last Fri cos I couldn't decide what design to have for my WG and esp EG. They told me that their next available slot for me is only 3 weeks later :eek: I hope I'm not too late..

Im also sourcing for videography for actual day. Anybody has any recommendation? Heehee.. I'm also thinking of doing a pre-wedding MTV..

Saw that there will be an outing on 18 Mar izzit.. Thanks vio for the email too! Count me in and I'll be there. =)

are

sweetie... eh? i din noe they are 'freelance' designers? nope... me on tight budget, so not taking MTM. but i do like some of the gowns there v much. i had a hard time confirming my gowns! ;P

tokyo actually came from easac in IMM. they had a prob with their tanjong pagar shop, so hv moved back to easac. which is such a headache for me coz jurong is so faaaaarrrr! ;P

Poki: my first fitting was postponed to this coming sunday. I will get to try on my gowns, accessories, hub's 2 suits and have my trial make-up. Looks like i'll be in the boutique the entire sunday afternoon and evening!

Honestly i dun know what to expect from the gowns. The first fitting is supposed to be quite skeletal ie no beads, no embroidery etc. I hope the gown looks good on me, otherwise i'll be panicking to get an OTR gown before the wedding day!

That's the problem with me. I can't try on OTR gowns coz i am a size L (with local boutiques like G2000, alamak, size XL or worse). Most of the bridal boutiques only have dresses for small frames. So MTM .... now my worry is whether it'll look good on me. Sigh ...

Cath: maybe ask your actual day photographer to recommend you some of the videographers who he's worked with before?

Vio: wow! our attendance list at sketches is growing longer and longer!!

okeanosmao

hi meow and fellow gals here,

guess u've miss out me in the list for those who cannot make it..i'm having exams for that whole week so cant join u all.

so sorry miss this meeting again.
enjoy urself for the meeting.

priscilla,

if u see this, can pls update for meow? thanks!

are

hi all... since i'm here, might as well update.

22/03(aft/eve) - Meow, Pris, Besse, Are, Yve
28/03(eve) - Meow, Pris, Shirlynn, Besse, Are, Leo29, twinklets, Feb, Jing jing
29/03(aft/eve) - Meow, Pris, Shirlynn, Besse, Are
Not attending - Wen, Sunnyling, Clyne, okeanosmao

btw... are we bringing hubbys tis time round?

wendyl, its on your actual day, after the 'ceremonies'. i dun think i will do this, doubt anyone will bring their kid over to my new place with the whole entourage.

okeanosmao... good luck for your exams! ;P mine will be a mth after yours!!! ;P

leo29

Wen,

Too heavy? You very small size? If that is the case, I also cannot lor. When you go to H.O.E?

Wendy,

I will! Roll on the bed is the nite before. One more is actual day ask a small boy to enter our room before we step in.

Y

yi

hi flowee,

ya lor, so happy 2 c this thread so active, must keep it alive ok!
happy.gif

hi elaine,

i must have missed out the topic on your wedding preps last night coz we are sitted so faraway!
sad.gif

what happened?
no matter what, you must say cool and be a beautiful bride in 2 weeks' time.
happy.gif

are

leo29... hmmm... quite different hor? but i tot the eve of wedding couple cannot meet? i would like to do it tho', if i can. its to signify that 1st baby is a boy rite? i really want my first kid to be boy leh, but hubby's colleagues all hv girls, so they guess its due to their work environment. i hope hubby leaves tat dept soon!!! ;P

are

okeanosmao... not early lah, when i need lots and lots of good luck!!! last subject for me liao, so really hoping to pass the previous and tis one. my class now quite interesting, taught by the ex-DJ pamela wildheart. she's so hilarious. where/wat are you studying?