(2003) Brides of year 2003

tingting

Hi naturally, when are you expected to collect your keys? think my flat is the furthest away from the rest of the town, at least for the next few years..

rinoa, sometimes bridal shops can do a good replica of a vera gown..show them a clear picture of it and they can do it up for you. But it won't be exactly the same bcos of copyright issues. They may change minor details here n there, but the look is there.

yve

Meow,
Me - Hakka
FH - Hokkien
Actual day - Albert Chua, Everafter

I think $60 for driver is reasonable if it is his own car and he is paying for the petrol.

M

mrs

Tingting & Naturally: I have been staying there since May last year. My blk no is 175. Very near to the coffee shop and the primary school.

Rinoa: I'm working in an audit firm....only holds the UOB credit ard though...hheheheheh

pinkapple

flowee!

good choice! heels with smaller base more elegant.
happy.gif

pausini

hi,

did anyone mention abt a thai catering service here before?

Now looking for a caterer for the actual day.

My MIL say it is "their" traditional to have the tea ceremony at my new hse so we are not having it at my MIL place. everything will be held there.

abrinas

Hi Priviledged, ya, me too will file on line. I called the helpline b4 tt if file on line, they will give us a date to collect the blank cert n don't hv to go down twice. Must put pastor's name n i think IC no. 2 when filing on line. Will check with him when i see him this sunday n let u know. Think he will know better than us what to do - they r more experienced than us - not in terms of getting married but marrying ppl
lol.gif

mexx

Hi Wendy,

there is no such thing as too early. It's better to have some buffer time right ? ;-P
I'm gonna confirm my bridal boutique this weekend too. Already confirmed my wedding venues and videographer.

may

Pausini: not stress is good. then u can be relax and b a pretty wife. How's your detox diet going? I ve not started on my wedding preparations yet. Still busy with hse. Will take some pixs this weekend to show u. Furniture coming in on Fri. Most of the carpentry are done. I now only wait for my kitchen glass door to be instal and this may take abt a mth. Sigh...
Looking foward to a big house wash and scrub this Friday. House is so dirty.

Shook: asking my hubby to check with his mom. I ve decided to let MIL handle all these rituals. Things have not been going smoothly for my hse reno so decided to play safe and go thru all these good luck rituals. U wont even believe that my plumber was helping me to drill my kitchen stainless steel bar and he hit a concealed water pipe. Water was gushing out at my wall. Thank god it is fixed now but it was a terrifying experience. Sigh.

hong

Hi all!
havent been here for a long time...have been busy with work, and staying at my mum's place since my hubby is away for reservist
happy.gif

Have seen quite alot of postings here.
Jan, we happen to get married on the same day, seems like 11 Jan quite a popular date?
happy.gif

All talking abt photos, me still trying to get the wedding ones up. Sigh, din manage to scan them cos scanner still at MIL's house.
Like Yi, once i complete, will let you all know!
happy.gif

are

twink|ets... eh.. i dun think its v gd to get your dad to drive, coz wun your relatives go to your hse & wait for you to come back to 'jing ca'? doesn't you dad hv to 'dress well' & 'look pretty' too? maybe get a fren to drive better lor.

i guess the angbao shd be more if the driver (not from bridal) is using his own car, & paying for petrol. last time my fren drove car from bridal, he got slightly more, coz driver v 'siong' leh, gotta rush always, and carry things. ;P

i think i will oni give the driver from my bridal a small token as appreciation lor. besides, he's also getting 2 free lunches!

pinkapple

hi flowee,

don't worry. on that day u will walk properly..

me clumsy oso.. somemore my shoes were so high!

oh. do u have heel straps?

roro

Hey... my aunty and a friend stay @ 175D too..
me staying at 171B - near the shopping centre..
We can arrange a brides gathering @ PG21 hehe..

twinklets

are,
hmm yah lor .. then how liao ..
think i give him 2 roles tat day.. haa.. kiddg lar ..

Ok gals, so for driver from Bridal, how muz u wanna give?

Ok for fren/driver - I'll give $60 then.
happy.gif

twink|ets~

K

kk

Hi wenn,

yah, i do agree. Silver shoes can match both WG and EG nicely
happy.gif
Now i am thinking maybe i could really wear my silver shoes for the whole of actudal day
happy.gif

K

kk

Hi Gals,

I am thinking of going to the esplanade area and changi airport for photoshoot. Anybody any ideas whether we need to have any special permit to have photshoot in esplanade and changi airport?

My hubby and I went to esplanade last weekend to ask about the permission grant thing. The security guard say no permit is required, but then we got to drop by in april to ask again as the management will change by then.

vin

HI May,

Find a boy to roll over your bed in on your "an chuang" day. Normally is a week b4 your wedding. You can ask the person who choose your auspicious date to choose a date for your "an chuang" and "guo da li"

jady

hi kk,

tats wat i think i will do. buy 1 silver pair to match my WG & EG on actual day. maybe another pair for ps...see how.

vin

HI Pausini,

Do you need to "bai shen" on your wedding day at your MIL place??? If yes, then you can hv your tea ceremony over there lor.

I've a friend like your case, as it's a new house, so she don't really want to hv her tea ceremony at her new house coz she dun feel like dirty up the place and she need to clean it the nxt day aft her wedding.

pausini

vin: I am all out to not to have it at new place but the old pple insisted. No "shen" in the house, i dun need to "bai shen" Anyway, i wldnt clean the hse, since FH want to follow his mum way, he will have to do it after the wedding.

rhs: you take good care ok?

hmm, gotta start thinking where i want to go then... but i worry that labrador park may dirty the gown and shoes leh ... gown can dry clean but mud on shoes is disaster!

evian spray ??? how?? after spraying, won't your face be wet wet ? then pat dry ah ?
somebody please teach me !

sweat-proof make-up? must i tell my make-up artist ??

anyone of you getting your make up artist to follow you to outdoor? I thought of asking, so that in case i ruin my make-up, at least she's there to help me touch up...
only thing is that i dunno how much more she'll charge.

poki

kk

Esplande area is quite a nice place for photoshoot.. Have seen some pics taken at Esplande, very nice... Dun think a permit is required cos you are taking the pic at the vicinity, not in the theatre...

I have not thought of any places for my outdoor PS but I'm very sure not Sentosa... Probably will discuss with Travis...

rhs

Glad to hear that u are ok.. Do take good care...

shook

Hihi Pausini
I got all the furnitures in. Only need some carpentry works - headboard,side table 4 my bed, cabinet under the sink in 2 toilets, convert studio to wardrobe, dish shelves in kitchen, mirror in my rm. May need to buy a book shelve.
Do u need to pray to ancestor in your IL's hse. If yes, then carry out the tea ceremony there.

Hihi May
Phew, dat is really a terrible experience. Wz your kitchen flooded? Did the water get into your kitchen cabinet?

naturally

wow... so many dec brides at p21, maybe after we all settle in, we can pop by each other's house?
happy.gif

Tingting, i guess we may get the keys in 2nd qtr, i think for u, shd be very soon right? U must be very excited!
biggrin.gif
Are u sourcing for interior designers, contractors yet? I may start checking out ID firms soon, btw, do u think it is possible to have a walk-in wardrobe in the master bedroom? Someone told us it's not feasible, cos will be too cramp... but i'm still hoping to have one...
happy.gif

Oh rinoa, i heard from a fren that her fren tried to replicate a vera wang gown, but the bridal shop was apparently not skillful enough, so the gown didn't turn out good... just a reminder for u!
happy.gif

pausini

Shook:
Dun need, they have none in the hse. so no praying just tea ceremony so all will be done in my new house. I wasnt on with the idea. My mum just told me to let them have it. if not becos of my mum, i will insist all my way not to have it at my new house. I cant imagine, how much cleaning i wld have to do after the wedding. My FH have a expansive home theatre system, what happen if other playing ard with it. these system need correct tuning to give the best effect. Ahhhh dun care liao. going crazy! Just now FH called to tell to ask my mum not to add anymore table. So now is only total of 18 tables. 18 tables OK! not 40 or 50 tables. initial booking is 15 tables now add 3 more. I am so feedup with him. He make me sound as if I am asking alot. I didnt ask for "si dian jin" his mum willing to give it to me.

My mum ask for 10 boxes of cakes, 8 cans of trotters, and pow for my uncles, grandma and a new suit for my brother. 10 tables in malaysia. Is that lot. thinking that the ang pow for my uncles and grandma are all in RM. the banquet in malaysia will only cost abt Sin$150. Comparing to asking 10 tables in singapore. i am saving half of the amount for him.

I am really feedup, i hate mummy's boy!

tingting

naturally, my latest update is tt i'll be getting my keys in 1Q 2003, so latest by end of next month! i'm now actively looking up home n decor, on top of bridal mags!
biggrin.gif

the master bedroom will not be spacious enough for a walk-in wardrobe, unless u connect to another bedroom. was quite disappointed with the small kitchen..although i dun cook, but my kitchen is so small tt it'll be too cramped for my to buy a clothes dryer... but otherwise the house is really nice..

good idea to go visiting around PG21! but prob got to wait till next year when we've all settled down..CNY may be a good time..hehe..

Rinoa, yup you'll need to get someone who's skillful enuff and willing to "duplicate" the gowns...think some designers are very proud of their works and will refuse to do that.

may

Pausini: cool down....cold down...no need to get so work up. Hate is a strong word u know. even when i very angry with hubby..i only tell him i dont like him anymore. never use the word hate. Just explain to yr FH loh, i am sure if you communicate can settle one. u having banquet in s'pore and malaysia?

u having tea ceremony in yr new hse. oh no, better tell my hubby not to volunteer our new hse. i also agree very ma fun and u still need to clean up. but then the other positive tot is your own house - quite comfortable. Can go into room strip off wedding gown and go toilet. Ha ha...

Vin: i cant wait till one week b4 wedding to an chuan. i am moving in to the hse before wedding. i intend to ask hubby to ask MIL to see auspicious date and then we do an chuan first.

Shook: ya lor, i strike 4d or toto also not so accurate. The plumber's reaction was very fast. He ran out of my house to switch off the mains water supply. no water did not get into my cabinet and thank god my kitchen not flooded. Only my kitchen top was wet and some water on the floor. Luckily my top is solid surface so water cannot seep in. Now we got probia abt drilling stuff in our own.

rhs

Stitches? Got ... got ...
biggrin.gif
I just hope the scar will b gone when we do PS *crossing fingers* Otherwise have to put makeup on my armpit *aieeee*

I thot esplanade cannot take pics inside?? If outside i think shld be no problem, a lot of ppl/tourists also take pics there. Also dun think the photographer will ask u to pose in muddy places. Maybe can bring cheap sandals so when the feet doesn't show can use sandals instead.

1027: evian spray is like mist one so ur face won't be very wet. The main purpose is to cool ur face. Of coz u can pat dry if u want but most prob it'll dry by itself pretty fast. And make the makeup artist guarantee ur makeup won't melt :)

AFAIK, makeup artist will not follow us during outdoor shoot. My guess is u have to pay 1 extra session for that

vin

HI Pausini,

If sth goes wrong with your Fh expensive home theatre systems, ask someone come and tune it and he pay for it lor....:p

It's better to foolow what they want unless your FH support you as well, else your Il will claim that you going to "zao fan" with them... kekek..

Dun go crazy, just let them do whatever they want, you just be your good wife, then let's your FH clean the place the nxt day aft your wedding.. kekekke... a punishment of not listen to wife...**just kidding***

Maybe your Fh really hv budget of the banquet, forget it la.. as long as you both manage to invite your important guest then is ok...

If his mum willing to gv you "si dian jin" then you just take it lor, as a souvenir. My parents said dun need to hv a "si dian jin" but my PIL insist to gv, but luckily both them very open minded, they know I dun like those gold stuff, so they bought one set of platinum for me to wear and one set of gold for me to keep.

As for cake, we bought 300 boxes, then PIL insist to buy 2 dozen of trotters and gv ang pao fr my bro to buy new shoes.

Maybe you just say yes of whatever they say, then aft tat try to talk to your FH lor, maybe the end he will follow what you want..

Dun feedup with him.

pausini

Thanks May: Trying to cool myself down. *breathe in, breathe out*

Taking abt fitting the stuffs. My plumber is also the one that fix the bathroom accessories for me. Just that my kitchen ware is done by FIL cos he feel that the plumber didnt do a good job.

Do we need to find good date to "An Chuan" or a day before wedding will do?

vin

Hi May,

Dun be so "kan jiong" laa... you can move in first and stay there. For "An Chuang" day, you just buy a new set of bedsheet and ask a "mei poh" to put on the bedsheet for you lor...

I dun mind paying more to get her to follow me, at least she's paid to keep my make-up looking fresh and nice all day long.

rinoa

Hi

i just managed to fix an appt to see BV and to try out some of their gowns before i commit myself...

think i wun get anyone to replicate the gown...but prob will try to find one that feature lotsa clean lines...not too much details like lace or embroidery... i am into the simple clean look....will probably keep an open mind
lol.gif

oh...u pple are all staying near each other.... and we shd start sharing contractor details...
any good contractors to recommend???
lol.gif

naturally

Hi tingting,
Problem is i can't hack off any walls... need to keep the 2 other bedrooms for inlaws and future kids... sigh, really cannot do walk-in wardrobe?
sad.gif
I think i'll have to see for myself before can "si xin"...

rinoa,
Clean lines simple look? That's exactly BV style lor!
happy.gif

jan

Yi, thks for checking out on the hotel 4 me. Will go check it out.

Yi, Hong, looking forward to view your fotos.

K

kk

Hi Poki,

Sentosa out for me too, coz a bit too inconvenient
sad.gif

Yah, that's what the security told us. Can take photos outside, at the entrance and the whole concourse. And also the rooftop, as long as it is not raining and thunder. Cannot take photos inside the theatres.

leo29

Amore,

Me also using Andrew but is for studio/outdoor only.

Twinklets,

I was blur by you already. Can tell you but don’t know are we on the rite track or not. Ang Bao from us will be given to xiong di and ah yee on actual day when they reach our parent/hubby parent house. Actually ang bao hor, depend on individual family practise. Recent one, the couple never give, only ang bao from their parent.

No need to give so much to the banquet mgr/captain, I think $28 is enough, Bridal shop driver, $12 is enough. Hm ……, am I too stingy,
happy.gif

Do you think your relative will bring their grandchildren along or maybe I should said whole family? Then you siao lor! Becos sure lugi money one. My mum side relatives, normally only husband and wife attend. The most they’ll bring a child along. That why my relative tables is not many. But my dad side I don’t know becos this is the first wedding in our Tan’s family.

N

novgroom

Meow,
Sorry to tell you that I can't speak Hakka. At more we use more on mother tongue, which is cantonese. Well, my wife dialect group is not common is Singapore, so .... can't say much.. :p

Leo29,
I think CNY means 1st to 15th also. But my mother insisted that it is the whole of first month. haha.. Sunday me and my bride went to Causeway point and we saw a Maria Claria shoe selling at $9, quite nice. So she secretly bought it.. hhehe..

okeanosmao,
We are thinking of taking our studio photos just before ROM, so we better go and do some selection of gown first. I think the variety there is not bad, but if you are looking for some more sophicate design, maybe you have to top up. They actually cater more on common design. We nearly go for both WG and EG MTM, in the end my bride decided not to as she don't think it is worth while to top up another $300 just to wear the EG during dinner (maybe for about 2 hours hehe.. ) Do prepare to spend more time there (we took about 4 hours). Talk to the designer and she may be able to search the store for something that suits you. By the way, who close your sales, if you have any problems , just chat with that person.

tingting

naturally,
it will be hard to do a walk-in wardrobe. if you cram everything, perhaps you can do one, but it may not be big enough for you to walk around..but maybe your room design will be better..like the earlier punggol showflat which had a walk-in wardrobe, but it's linked to the toilet
wink.gif

btw, has anyone heard of this bridal shop Vanity? If so, please give comments. Thanks!

serene

Hi gals,

Hmm..heard from pple that by the time we finished our indoor PS, will be around 4-5pm. Think we won't have much time to go to a few outdoor places unless these places are close to one another. Hmm..haven't actually tok to the photographer abt where to go etc, is there a need to do so before PS or during the PS itself?

For me, most probably will be explanade area cos we have nite shots-think will be nicer as the fotos will show the skyscrapers
happy.gif

Recently, I just saw a fren's album, she took it at Botanic garden, it turn out to be quite nice!

Jady: I saw this Mega Store at BM central..wil be going to take a look. Let you know if I can find cheaper lobangs
happy.gif
Btw, is yr MTM EG organza?
Mine got two layers too
happy.gif

rhs: thanks. Hope that the MTM EG will turn out nice..

My house is almost done up..hope that it will turn out nice ...been renovating it since last Aug..hehee...very slow as we really took our time to select those things that we want...now sourcing for window blinds. Then, just left with some furniture to buy
happy.gif

jelutong

Hi hi..

I'm new to this forum. I have just got my wedding date confirmed and it's on June 18th, wednesday. Besides this, I have not fixed on any other things yet. Am I hopeless or what.

Need advice and comment here on bridal package and banquet. I have shortlisted Julia Wedding News intially but later chicken out after reading so many negative comments on this forum. Went to Milan but the girl is more interested in closing the deal and my fiance's braces then showing me the nice gown.. So I didn't see any OTR gown I like though my friend told me their gowns are pretty good. Very dissapointed even though the price is right.

Any good recommendation on bridal package out there? I know my album will not be out in time for the wedding, but that's fine....

As for the wedding banquet, I'm looking at 12-15 tables and have shorlisted Traders, M hotel and maybe Orchid Copthorne. How are they?

D

dk

Meow,
Me - Teochew+Peranankan
FH - Hainaness

Photography & Bridal : TBA/KIV...Hee... still shopping....

Y

yi

hi flowee,

my heels height not very sure leh, think shd be at least 1.5" and my shoe size oso 8.
happy.gif

I try to take a pic and email to you okay?
btw, i enjoy my afternoon tea wif my colleagues today. after that, we went shopping for awhile b4 heading back to my love nest.
had maggi mee for noodle just now as hubby having OT again but hez back early tonight.
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi jan,

me manage to upload a few today but not complete yet coz take such a long time.
sad.gif

dun mention abt the hotel checking, just helping if I can.
happy.gif

hi hong,

waiting to see your fotos too!
btw, why dun we arrange a gathering to see our pics then?
happy.gif