(2003) Brides of year 2003

D

delannie

Hi Beibei,

How was the outing last week?

Hi Pucca,

R you the same pucca in Simmon mattres thread?

pausini

Hi Hi,

Jan: i hope u are better now. that is really a bad fever. My youngest sister is getting bad fever too and it is like kep coming back after it went down. so on leave yesterday to take care of her. Dun worry lah, all brides are beautiful one. Shook sound very professional in the wedding pre now! All the items she listed was really something u really need to consider but is further add on. i list out mine later.

Jazz: my colleague used US$ in Korea and he spent a total of US$2k. so scare, dun know what he got! guess wat, my FH still havent settle his mind where he wanted to go for Honeymoon. *sigh*. How is ur wedding pre?

Shook: u sound very expert now! *wink*. btw, what does RSVP stand for. I never bother to ask till now! Did u check whether the chef have to cooked for the restaurant too? Some of the chef only do hotel banquet, there is alot of diff in the skill.

May: I think u only need to clean ur floor. after u got all ur furniture in u have any round of clean. the cleaning will never stop.

Guess what! after both parents have finalise the items for "guo da li" there is another round to go thru. this time round is the procedure.

1) FH side give 2 pairs of "Long Feng Candle". after that shld my mum keep only the "feng" or a pair candle. So there is this diff!

2) A pair of red lamp for the newly wed couple. who shld buy? the guy side or the girl side. My MIL version say girl side shld get it and give it to my FH during "guo da li"

3) Need to get a new suit of pyjama for both. Which my mum would give both of us during "guo da li". Luckily i dun have to get a new set of makeup which some parents required the girl to get.

4) some say the new wardrobe can only place new clothes. Now, i dun think so liao. At least my mum said never mind lah.

I guess that is all i can think of.

Oh btw, is anyone here making wrist corsages for ur Ah Yee?

Anyone going for food tasting? It is so expansive to go for it. we have scrap the idea since both parents have met up on diff session.

are

hi all... its FRIDAY!!!
bounce.gif

leo29... eh... my dinner will hv abt 26-28 tables still, is tat a lot of little? was hoping it would be less, but guess we can't help it coz there are a lot of frens of our fathers lor. but its juz nice for my restaurant, coz max can take oni 32 tables, so it will be quite spacious, and even if they take walk-in, its in a corner near the entrance. tat's wat i like abt the restaurant.

wat abt you gals, how many tables are you planning for? would you hv a problem if bride side has more tables than groom? my case is like tat, but so far MIL hasn't said anything, and i hope she wun! lucky my parents will pay for the rest, so i guess she can't complain too coz we are paying for all the tables on her side.

serene

Hi gals,
It Fri liao! Hurray!

Hi poki & 1027,
Hmm..thanks for the advice on where to source for the shoes, is Riccino open on weekend?
My colleague had her shoes made at Leapin Lizard, she finds it ok.

Hi Jady: Hmm..i scared my WG too simple liao (cos front part dun have much pattern or beads)..dunno whether want to MTM (but dunno how it will turn out)..if I want to MTM for PS(have to postpone my PS to July instead).

naturally

Erin,
My skin is also towards dry side, though now is better cos i use moisturiser more diligently. The collagen shd be good for u too, makes skin feel nourished, and really baby-smooth and so nice to touch!
happy.gif
But alas, the baby-smooth effect lasts abt 2 days only... it'll be good to do it prior to the photoshoot and actual wedding day. Why don't u give it a try the next time u go? Just need to top up $30 each time since u already got the package, btw i took the exact same package as u.
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi ecitedbride,

I have email you the link.
Enjoy viewing and feel free to feedback okay?
happy.gif

YAY !!! TGIF !!!

Time flies hor ... Feb over and going on to march already. Means countdown to our wedding!

Another 7 - 8 more months to go!

twinklets

Afternoon gals!! half an hr to lunchtime .. wish the knockoff time to come faster!!!
18099.gif

Are,
me minimum will be aro 34 tables. Maybe will have more. hopefully not till 38.
sad.gif

Ur MIL din give u afew tables?
We wud like to ask for 5 tables .. do u think is alot?

twink|ets ~

leo29

Are,

Base on your case, your tables is consider alot already. Me book 40 tables but don't know can fill up or not becos my parent don't intend to invite their friends. Ai yoh, they just have that type of old thinking that gal side should not invite too many ppl, guy side will gossip. Yesterday nite then I get to know if my parent want to invite their friends, they have to pay for that table. If they pay, ang bao they take?
I told them no need, we will pay.

I just finish reading your posting n notice your dad pay for his invited guest. If this is the case, what my parent said is right lor! Then cannot tell my MIL that we pay for the tables, sure gossip my parents one. If your MIL never said anything, then pretend lor. You can ask your hb to test her out. But I guess they will discuss this during the Ti Qing.

Y

yi

hi hong and maro,

I have email you the link liao.

hi gals,

Please ignore the www of the link coz with that cannot connect to my photos page.
Sorry, me sotong!

vin

HI Pausini,

Wow, your colleague spent US$2k in Korea. Gosh!! That’s a lotz! I went there for a week, spent much less than your colleague. I bought a tix from Asiana Airlines (ard S$850/-, is not the cheapest, MAS is S$300/- cheaper but run out very fast). Then stay at the motel in the city center which quite near the subway cost me US$30/- per day per nite, is outlook is not as grand as the hotel but the room is pretty good, clean with TV and phone. You know what, they even allow us to make local calls fr free that make me very very surprised. I didn’t take cab, just took bus or their subway. So save a lotz as the train tix is very cheap. Then eat their local food and spent a bit on shopping lor.

Last yr me went to Europe wif my bf (hubby now), we spend less than S$8000/- for two of us for a mth over there (including air-ticket, car-rental, accommodation, food. Shopping etc)

RSVP is stand for reserve in French. Is better to do so aft you send out your invitation card. I insist my PIL and Grand-PIL to do so as well. Then end up is nearer 100% full. Just less than 10 seats didn’t occupied which consist of 4 pax of my videographer & photographer. Then there’s a guest reserve 4 tables but just got one turn up because of one of them sick. Especially if you have overseas guests, is better to do so (the best if double confirm a few days b4 your wedding). I hv a overseas guest but last minutes his mum pass away and he can’t make it, so we can re-arrange the table sitting again.

Yeah, you are rite, normally for hotel, the chef who doing banquet is not from their restaurant, so far I knew the chef from grand-hyatt, four season, raffles, orchard hotel, fullerton, mandarin etc is not their in-house restaurant chef.

Fr your “guo da li” procedure:-

1. Your mum need to return one pair of the phoenix candle to your IL.

2. The red table lamp is gv by the girl side on “guo da li”

3. Pajamas, buy one pair, one for you and one for your hubby. We even get a pair of in-house slipper. Mine is red one, so when I wear Kwa, I wear the red soft in-house slipper. Then you know what, my bf house got two set of sofa, one set is those leather sofa, the other one is those very china type of sofa (with wood and red cushion), then the pix for the tea ceremony turn to be “ang kong kong”. Quite nice. And my MIL and some female relatives also wear red red…

4. Make-up set, not a must to be nowadays. If you really wish, you can buy a bit if you need to use it lot. Else, save your $$ then : )

5. New clothes for your new wardrobe?? Can hv a few new clothes if you want. Don’t need to be all new laa…

Fr the corsage, actually I’m thinking of to ask the florist shop to do it fr me. But the florist I prefer, their flower is import from either Europe or Australia, so the flower very expensive. I skip the idea then coz is my last minutes idea, I don’t do it myself. If you hv time, you can do it yourself. You can buy forget-me-not or rose or others small flower and use a ribbon to tie it. Think put on hand is very nice….
happy.gif

We went for food tasting. Is free. You can check with your banquet coordinator is that any free food tasting.

shook

Hihi Pausini

I m not expert lah. Learn all these fm the forum.

Ans to your question
1. Your mum keeps long candle coz she gets son-in-law (long). Your FMIL keeps feng candle coz she gets daughter-in-law(feng)
2. Red lamp to be given by your mum
3. Your mum has to buy silk pyjamas for u n fh. If u doing the saw tao (shu tou), your mum gotta buy comb for u n fh. The comb muz b the type wif a sharp long handle
4. U have to bring new clothing (even no of suit), put in a new bag n bring to your love nest during guo da li

I wanna make wrist corsage for ah yi but dunno how to make it. Can teach me?

I convert food tasting to a complimentary table on the actual day.

Sent May_Bride.xls to u liao

maya

Hi ladies, I went for food tasting last nite too which was offered free by my hotel/restaurant. 1st time my mom met my ILs. Luckily all seemed ok. We thrashed out the things my mom wanted for guodali. I saw the invitation card sample already and shld be getting my cards in abt 2 weeks time.

JL/Tangs came out more sale today. I had bought this stockpot in Tangs when it was offered as a 1-day special. Sold out so fast! Abt 15 mins after shop opened. Grabbed one even tho had some stains inside but thot nvr mind lah, so cheap! Then papers today saw it again, another 1-day special this weekend! Aiyah! so frus leh!

Been feeling a little down lately, purely bec of the green-eyed monster. My brother was successful in the ballot scheme for ToaPayoh. He will be selecting a 5-rm flat soon. I'm so upset! I shldn't be and I am happy for him. Just that I had wanted to try for the ballot too but somehow so many things happened along the way to prevent me trying for it. The ballot thing came out quite late too and I cldn't wait then, so went hse hunting and got a resale which is much further from where I'm staying now. Thinkng bk abt the events, it seemed fated that I won't be able to get a new flat in a matured estate. Arrgghhh! sometimes feel life is so unfair.....must try to stop feeling this way.....
sad.gif

vin

HI Shook,

The candle.. that Il send 2 pairs during our "guo da li", tot shld return 1 pair fr them, rite?? This is what the ppl who sell wedding stuff teach us??

As for comb fr "shu tou", there's 2 type, according to them person, one is for your male and one is for female (the one who help you to comb your hair).

You want to make wrist corsage, I think I hv the guide that I saw from a magazine. Try to find and send to you then.

shook

Hihi Pausini
RSVP stands for repondez s'il vous plait means pls reply
For my hotel, the restaurant chef cooks for the ballrm as well.

Hihi Vin
Wrist corsage uses real flower not artificial flower?

vin

HI Maya,

How’s your food tasting???

What hv you buy from the sale lately?? Me poor thing, didn’t shop for long..
sad.gif

When is your “guo da li”

Sorry for being “sua ku”. What is gree-eyed monster and what is ballot ballot scheme???

Life is beautiful. Don’t let this minor things effect your emotion yaaa…

Cheers!

shook

Hihi Vin
The candle n shu tou thing is wat my MIL told my hubby.
Yes pls send the instruction to me. Thx

Hihi Maya
My mum went to JL sale tis morning. I told her Straits Times advertise bedsheet set dat comes wif quil cover cost $29 for all sizes(S,Q,K). She said so crowded. She can't find the $29 bedsheet set.

vin

Hi Shook,

MOst ppl used real flower.. like small rose, forget-me-not, and there's one small white flower like little star where ppl put it togther if you buy a bouquet of roses..

But I saw ppl using some others decoration stuff as well..

pucca

Sweets,
i will keep my fingers "X" for that ... hee

beibei,
same date ? 8th March ah ?

Delannie,
nope, i oni use pucca here ...
happy.gif

maya

Hi Vin, bought various sized pots/saucepan/stockpot, knives from JL and Tangs. If you still looking for kitchenware, Tangs/JL still having sale.

My guodali is 6 May.

Food tasting ok lah. Told them that some fo the food a bit salty and the noodles got a lot of MSG!

Green-eyed monster - jealousy. The ballot scheme I was talking abt is HDB flats for matured estate. I was waiting for it last yr but it only came out abt end Dec 02/Jan this yr. Cldn't wait bec something that I thot wld happen or affect me was drawing too close and I had to make a decision abt hse soon. Long story and sorry if it doesn't make sense. Anyway, after got flat, the event (that will affect my purchase of hse) that was supposed to happen did not happen. Just really not meant to be for me, this flat purchase things.....

pausini

Vin: My mum will keep the pair. she didnt say she is keeping the "dragon" candle only. Yah my MIL will give 2 pairs and we take one pair and return one pair. oh yes, talking abt slippers, we wanted to get one too. may be can get it at the sametime, althot mum didnt mention anything abt it.

So RSVP means to reply. thanks girls.

I think i will get simple things like nail polished, colour n one lipstick as i need one anyway. Hee hee good excuse to buy things for myself.

Vin, u have the instruction to make wrist corsage? can send to me at [email protected]
I wanted to make for my Ah yee and they can keep it as a sovenior. My friend got the bridal shop to do it. at $10 each, it is fresh flower and it only last for the day. we cant resue it at nite. So this time rd, i am thinking to get silk flower or artifical flower. I went down to spotlight yesterday and some of the artifical flower is quite nice, a pick silk flowers of 3-5 is abt $3. so not expansive, it is only the effort to do it.

Where did u get the red lamp? do they have battery operated one? i dun want to get those with kerosene.

shook: Thanks for the info. jas77 got her wrist corsages from WL at $10 each if i am not wrong. Exp leh and cant last till nite. I dun have "Shu Tou", i dun think my side practise this but will still ask mum abt it. we are so inexperience cos 1st time lah. My FH even joke that he is going to document it down for my BIL. I told him to keep one copy for ourselves so we know what to do next time when we married our children. hahaha...

Wait a min, how come all of u have free food tasting. I dun have? becos i got only 18 tables? they only gie us 20% discount for food tasting. so unfair, the restaurant manager also not ery nice to negotitate with leh. *sian*

Maya: dun be sad becos u didnt try for the balloting. U lost something u gain others. dun think too much. we still have alot to prepare

beibei

pucca,
yup 8th march!!u too right?!

Gals,
will be choosing my photos next wed!!very excited!dilemma...hope it is not nice so that i dun have to spend so much on extra photos but on the other hand hope i can be mei mei...
sad.gif

jan

Yi, Wow your pictures beri nice. Those outdoor shots very well taken.....

Hey, your house oso very nicely done. Just shifted in onli? How much you spend on your reno and furnishing cost? Mei mei leh......

shook

Hihi Vin
I always think dat wrist corsage uses artificial flowers. How to sew real flowers onto the ribbon har?

Hihi Pausini
$10 wrist corsage v x. Can buy few stalks of flowers. I always think dat wrist corsage uses artificial flowers so thot of making it for my ah yi for sorvenir.
Your hubby v cute. Ya gd to document the process. I asked my hubby to take pictures of the things we had for shift-in ritual we did last sat. Oso think of taking pictures of the stuff for an chuang, guo da li.
Food tasting depends on each hotel. Amara hotel oso dun give free food tasting.

How many ah yi do u girls plan to have?

pausini

Shook: is yahoo mail lah.
[email protected]

I have 4 Ah Yee, one married. 2 attached, one feel free to date. hahaha..

wanted to try to make a few sample 1st and see which one is nicer then start production. Will be making 8 to 10 not only for Ah yee but my reception ladies at nite also. If budget really allows then i will made more as a gift to all the ladies friends invited by both of us. relatives no need lor. May be next time freelance wrist corsages maker. can earn some extra money.

U know wat, actually i just want to talk picture so u girls can help me to comment on the gowns. Now under the Jazreel Low posting, pple are asking to view the picture. I given up, apologised that i wldnt be sharing out anymore.

Did i do the wrong things to share out the pic? The bridal shop agree to let me take pic cos i have signed up package with them. Send to u girls cos all of u have already engaged a bridal shop.

are

twink|ets and leo 29.. sorrie, think i confuse you all liao. hope tis is clearer :

- my dad side will ask for 6 tables from groom (i.e. us).
- rest of tables (abt 7-8), they will pay.
- they will collect all ang baos and pay us a 'token sum' for the 7-8 tables

- MIL side we will be paying all. and hoping damn hard the ang baos will come back to us too!

ya... i oso dun noe why she's not mentioned anything at all abt our wedding, the dinner or pin li. maybe its coz i haven't been to her place since CNY!!! ;P bo bian mah... too much reno things to settle liao... but me and hubby wun ask her lor, coz it is a bit too 'early' to them anyway.
lol.gif

jady

thks yi, juz got bk to office. will chk yr pics now.

TGIF! hope u & flowee & kk & elaine & wenn hv a nice wkend, c some of u nxt wed!
yi, rmbr to bring yr wedding pics ah & ps ones.

jady

hi yi,

u r so slim!!! envy.... u look tall, u wear heels like taller than mike:p
r u as tall as flowee?
hubby actually wanted to go Pulau Ubin for ps but JLC say hv to pay extra few hundred dollars!we still deciding...now i'm going to show him yr pics & see can convince him to go or not..haha how much did u pay extra for going there? there got many mosquitoes? cos i'm v v v prone to mosquito bites!*scared scared*

the photos r v nice indeed. your EG with full netting behind till low back similar to mine. is this yr actual EG?

peabrain72

pausini... you thinking of making wrist corsages for your ah yee. I did it for my sis's wedding using fresh flowers. Went to Far East Flora, bought fresh daisy, about 10 stalks for $2-3. Cut the stems to about 2 inch, wet some cotton wool and wrapped with foil. Tighten with nice ribbons, long enough to go round the wrists. Hope it helps
happy.gif

vin... did you get Eric as videographer, how's his service? Still searching for a videographer. Appreciate your comments/feedback
happy.gif

vin

Hi Shook,

Em... so far the flower for wrist corsage that I saw is fresh flower. You can use artificial flower if you want. I saw ppl using others decoration stuff such star, diomand stuff etc. Is up to individual lor.

HI Pausini,

I got 8 Ah Yee. And the florist shop I approached quote me S$18/- per piece. That's why I skip the idea and last minutes I dun hv time to shop for the flower for wrist corsage.

Hi Peabrain72,

Yeah, I engaged Eric as my videographer. The service is good....
happy.gif

fionau

Halo everyone,

>I have uploded my pics, if you have a minute, please check out these photos from my link.

community.webshots.com/user/fionaufy

>Enjoy and feel free to give comment.

fionau

Halo January Brides

Just want to share my wedding pics with all of u. My have uploded my pics to my link. Anyone who wish to take a look, please check out from

community.webshots.com/user/fionaufy

Enjoy and feel free to give comment. Thanks!!

shanice

hello all!!!!

hehe hope i can maintain my weight lor... keke...
happy.gif
mustn't laff @ me if we do meet for outing ok? i'll be very paisey one hor... :p

22nd hot or not i dunno, but MIL say auspicious for us, so... u know... not much of a choice huh. keke. just respect them i guess, frankly hubby n me dun really care!
happy.gif

i'm quite sad cos 4 of my close gal frens will b overseas during my actual day, HOW?!!?!? sian liao! such a coincidence! 2 studying masters in london, n 2 working in US. still trying to get ppl to help out ...
sad.gif

This sunday going to select gowns! so happy... keke... Pucca, enjoy ur PS! mine is next week!
happy.gif

Shanice
happy.gif

D

dk

Meow,
Sori for the complications jus put Teochew+Hainaness (Me+FM)....

Wendyl,
Twinklets is right ...as long as U look & feel gd that's your gown...Dun care whether it out-dated or not...Who knows U might even help bring back that trend even it really is.

Wow, i happen to pass by Mandarin Hotel today so went to take a look at the Divine Coulture ...so many couples there....at least 4 couples...
Eventually i decided to jus passby it...maybe i shld consider striking it out my bridal shooping list..
With too many customers, i have doubts whether services will still be 1st class...

Tommorrow going to Flamingo then to Memphis West Photo Studio to take a look. My FH quite like Memphis photography works. Anyone been there?

ally

hi ocean... have to make my choice soon cos got to attend EE. think i will go for QoP in the end cos it's my parish church and nearer my place and my FH place.

nicloe... food tasting still some time away
happy.gif
think it will be a couple of months before the actual date.

sep03... then we'll be neighbours!
happy.gif
we've just received a call from the condo mgmt asking for our proof of marriage as TOP will be in March. anyway, told them we'll be getting a deferrment so they're ok with it. i've just paid my stamp duty to the lawyer. what about u?

hi calyx... lol, i know what u mean. the date is not supposed to be very auspicious as it's the lunar 9th mth. the date was 1 of 3 dates my MIL got from a fortune-teller (based on matching my FH and my sheng cheng ba zhi etc) and my FH and i decided on this date among the 3. i've got no special preference for any auspicious date or not and if choosing the date makes my MIL happy, then good for all
happy.gif
oh, i've checked ted wu out a couple of months back. the gowns are really beautiful but his packages are a tad beyond my budget. i'm sure u'll look an absolutely lovely bride in his gorgeous designs
happy.gif