(2003) Brides of year 2003

D

dk

Bombom,
WHo your designer for Silhoutte?

Jing,
Have U started looking for the banquet venue?
Your date same as mine...Better hurry cos when i stared looking for mine many places oledi reserve... let me know if U need any help.

Edde,
Mind to share info on your package wif Kai?

sue

Hi Kare: Welcome back. Must have enjoyed yr holiday. We are all left with 3 mths or less to our wedding so hv to start doing something like the songs, actual program.

Hi Vin: You've got lots of family members & frens, 300 boxes is a lot. I need to check with you something. For yr wedding dinner in Jementa, did you bring yr wedding gown & evening gown over or you rent another set over there? Who do yr hair & make up for you? My FH will be fetching me from Sin to Segamat so my morning makeup is ok but still wondering how abt the night makeup? U engaged another make up artist over there? We are so headache over the actual day program.

Hi Pausini: Hopefully you hv cooled down by now.
happy.gif
I know how headache it is to hv two wedding dinners, one already headache enough imagine having two. Talk to yr FH again & let him understand yr position or see if both of you can compromise. As for the 'an chuan' day, I think some will pick an auspicious day to do it. It might be one week before the weddding. I think I've read in the thread under 'an chuan' that it is quite impt to pick the right day. I'll ask my FH's mum abt this. My mum don't really know much about such things.

Hi May: My friend moved in to stay in her new house before wedding but she left her new mattress in another room. She got some cheaper mattress to sleep for the time being. Only on the 'an chuan' day then she replaced the old mattress with the new one & changed a new bedsheet. Better consult the seniors in the family, they shld know.

ally

Hi to all Sep 03 brides!
happy.gif

My name is Ally and I'm gonna be a Sep 03 bride too! Hope to exchange tips and chat with all of u here... and oh, I'm also an Edener! Really a pleasant surprise to find out some of u are Edeners too
happy.gif

sweets

hi all
happy.gif

Been MIA for a while... how's everyone doing ?

I've signed up with BV too but since I've already got my WG , only taking the rest of the stuff from them...easier lar..and cheaper too...
Supposed to be doing PS pretty late in the game, either end April or Bgn May...prob have to plead with photographer to have the album ready
happy.gif
I was told it should not be too big a problem
happy.gif

okie..will check in more regularly now

shook

Hihi Pausini
May b your FH have budget constraint or may b your FMIL heart ache dat he spends so much. Anyway she is kind enufff to give u si dian jin. My parents oso intend to get 10 tables fm my hubby. But they need 15 tables. My dad said he will pay for the additional 5 tables. If your mum needs more than 10 tables may b she pays 4 it lor. Bound to have problems in all these stuff. Sigh....

Hihi May
Luckily your plumber's reaction was very fast. Phew!!
Heard dat cannot lie or sit on the bed till the wedding 9. Otherwise the couples will b separated (death or quarrel). Of coz tis is the grandmother's tale. Better check wif the elders.

Hihi Vin
300 boxes of cakes!! Wow, u have many relatives ya. Your MIL is v v generous.

jady

serene : my EG outer layer is chiffon cos softer than organza. back is netting fr neck to waist.front is just a halter neck but tummy there is netting as well(so at least kinda transparent mah, not so boring but not too sexy cos still cover up..hehe).the chiffon layer will be fr waist down.can imagine?

i think my coordinator told me b4 my indoor ps wont be till so late, maybe done by 2pm. thus the 2 outdoor places i choose must be in same direction or else juz choose 1 location loh...
happy.gif

1027 : i heard that my makeup artist will follow me for outdoor ps too!hopefully it's true cos many of my friends also told me usu. makeup artist don't follow u out.

J

jingle bell

Hi all,

Have not come in for a long time. How's everyone?
How come all of you have already done your measurement and design of the gown.

Mine still got some time b4 the appointment leh. so excited to read all your thread abt it.

I have been also thinking of where to have outdoor photoshoot. Me too feels that those of esplanade/fullerton, labrador park & sentosa, Millenia walk are too common. It can be seen in most wedding album. Any suggestions?

Jady, normally the makeup artist don't follow you for the outdaoor shoot. They will do touch up after your studio shoot abd b4 you go out. Only the photographer and an assistant will go.

twinklets

MORNING GALS!!
17989.gif

Leo29,
we on the rite frequency liao.
happy.gif
Hope my mum will give, cos me & FH very broke by then.
sad.gif

17990.gif
Hey me also damn kiam leh ... hehehehehehee furthermore my bridal boutique provides the car NOT nice 1, i dun think i'll give them SO much if tat's the case.
Sighs, maybe I'll rent the London Cab for my wedding car. Weird or not hah???

YES YES YES, very siong for both of us.
17991.gif
Just by the tot of their grandchildren coming hah .. make me pant & sweat like mad liao. Going to really lose money from my side here. However FH claims tat his side wont lugi $ 'cos he is the only treasured son mah, & all relatives dote on him. & ME LEH?? sobs.. nobody dote on me.
crazy.gif

U the only daughter? Your parents must be very excited
happy.gif

I juz hope my bosses here give me thick angbaos.. hahaa damn .. i sound so realistic & material hor
biggrin.gif

Meow,
ehh let's put Teochew lor, since he's gog to practise his mum's culture (his dad passed away).

twink|ets ~

pausini

Hi girls.
Thanks cooled down. I still have my "Si Dian Jin" but is gold cos she dun like anything white as she said white gold sound like for the death. Anyway fine will me.

Vin: 300 boxes of cake is alot. My "An Chuan" tradition is to get someone elderly . may be his grandma to place the new bedsheet for us.

Sue: same here, having dinner in malaysia cos my mum hometown is quite far away. i think i will get two dresses. one for tea ceremony in the day and one for the dinner at night. May be asking cousins to help me out on the makeup and hairdo. It just a get together dinner to me. infact, i did my survey last dec and my aunt actually introduce a bridal shop to me for the makeup and hairdo. Cheap is abt $100RM but the dress is very "chin na" so i still dun know shld i rent it there. I havent talk to my bridal shop to see whether they allow me to do so.

BTW, anyone here have collected ur wedding cards?

vin

Hi Sue,

Your Segamat wedding is your Actual wedding day??? Mine is on my "Guo Da Li".. I didn't bring in my wedding gown or any evening gowns. I'm worried it will dirty up as you know the restaurant's floor is not carpet, much more easy to dirty up our long long gowns. I just bring in my on evening gown for the dinner.

As for the make-up, I engage the make-up artist from Segamat...
sad.gif
yucks... I think we can do better natural make-up then them... this is comments by my IL relatives who very very close to me....
happy.gif

If you or your sister can do make-up, maybe you can bring your own stuuf and do it yourself. NOt worry, in Segamat.. is not that "long zhong"...
happy.gif

Hi Pausini,

Like what you consider, I also bring in my own evening gown. Actually my bridal wanted to borrow their gowns for me to bring back but I don't want.

vin

HI Sue, Shook, Pausini,

I don't hv much relatives... As I don't hv "zhu jiao", so you just gv 2 boxes each for our relatives, and one box each for our neighbour and parents' friends and my friends (which my friends took up less than 10 boes coz not enuff), the cake is very nice, I ordered it from Batu Pahat.

Basically we didn't ask much from our IL. Even the cake also like wanted them to gv ang pao only w/o asking for any amt but my IL just gv us the amt for what we pay for the bakery shop lor.

"An Chuang" normally is done by the good life (hao ming ren) woman who has children, don't need to work hard, husband still around etc... FOr mine, we also ask my hubby elderly to do it for us.

S

sept 03 bride

Hi Ally
also hope to be able to exchange pointers ...
So have u confirmed majority of those required, like bridal package.. wedding venue etc?

pausini

vin: u mean the hubby must be ard? then cannot liao. his grandfather all passed away. Can ask his parent to do it but they all very young. MY MIL not yet 50. FIL abt 50++.

leafy

hi morning!

missed the last outing...when's the next coming up?
happy.gif

To update: I'm selected my gowns, fixed PS date.

One question: Will u all take traditionally costumes e.g. Jap, Chinese...etc for PS? I can't really decide. And advice?

vin

Hi Pausini,

The best is find someone who hv a complete family such as husband still ard, children all very "guai" etc...

Actually my husband's grandma also quite old, ard 70++ but we didn't ask her to do it for us as my husband's grandpa just passaway.

Maybe you can check out from both side parents. From what we heard is better find a "hao ming ren" lor

yve

hi all,
on lugi-ing.. I am prepared to lose about 5K. Budget this in already, so wun be surprised by this extra cost.

maya

Vin, 300 boxes??!! wow! I thot the cakes only for relatives and not friends? ANyway, cannot imagine ordering and delivering 300 boxes.

Now that everyone is talking abt it, didn't know that an chuang is so impt and where to have tea ceremony. Must check with my IL abt this anchuang thing. Is it the same as "auspicious house entry" day where you need to fill up rice container, cook/boil water?

This tea ceremony thing, is it if you have a new hse then you perform it there? Wat abt at your mom's hse and your in-law's house?

Been thinking when shld I hold my hse warming too. Hse is almost ready. Better to hold hse warming earlier or later? b4 or after wedding?

maya

Anyone here have the CHinese calendar where they tell you what animal will "chong" on each day? I'm trying to check what are these "inauspicious" animals on 21 May bec mom wants me to ensure my jiemeis will not chong with me. Then cannot invite them.....jialat!

jady

hi jingle bell,

i've confirmed tat my makeup artist will follow me thru the outdoor ps.
happy.gif
of cos together with my coordinator, photographer & assistant.

hi leafy,

nxt outing shd be 20th march(thur). i dont think i'm takg traditional costumes. i prefer WG & EG.
happy.gif

wendyl

hi,

Slthough i am dec 03 bride to be,but i need u all to giv mi ans.Did u noticethat when u log on to singapore bride website,got a lady appearing saying bridal show 2003,the WG is it a tight WG?
Thanks.

Wendy

ally

Hi Sep03... my big day is on 27 Sep
happy.gif
when's yours?

Hi Sept 03 Bride... I took my bridal package from Bridal Zone and my wedding dinner will be at Hotel New Otani. the only thing i've not confirmed is the church venue and i'm starting to worry.

btw, are both of you the same person?? a bit confused cos of the nicks used
happy.gif

K

kk

Hi Serene,

My coordinator told me that my indoor ps will end at around 2 pm and will start around 11 am. We only talk about ps locations on ps day itself. The assistant photographer advised not to go to esplanade too late. Should reach there and take photos around 5-7pm. At nite, we never know whether all the lights on the durians will be on or not. They most likely on only when there are concert performances that nite.

hong

Hi!

Wah, arrange an outing? Think ealier on before our weddings we wanted to come out to see our wedding album right?

Are we staying around the same area? If yes i think having a gathering should not be a problem right?

Me staying at Seng Kang...what abt u gals?

may

hi gals: hubby went to ask his family abt an chuang. will be doing it this sunday after his sis checked for us the date. MIL will be buying the stuff for us and we will be getting his sister and brother-in-law to do for us. They already got 3 kids...so in a way quite how ming. i guess...
And his little nephew will be jumping on our bed.
i was told that when the mattress arrive, i cant place it on the bed. must wait for sunday.

are

yve... we oso 'planning' to lugi abt $5K, esp from my beach party. a fren actually commented 'tis kind of party no need to bao ang bao one rite?'. oh my... free food and free flow of ALCOHOLIC drinks, and yet dun even give an ang bao... some ppl...

vin

Hi May,

Yeah, you can't place it on the bed. If you insist want to do so, then you can place it slant instead of straight...
happy.gif

N

nicloe

Hi Ally

Hahhaaaaaa i m oso a sept bride n my dinner is @ otani oso ..... my date is 12th sep 2003.

peabrain72

vin... sell clothes, shoes, bags, furnishing magazines lor
biggrin.gif
Whatever I don't want anymore. Sharing stall with cousins and friends so will be more stuffs. Come look see look see if you're round the corner
wink.gif

pausini

May: there is alot of version of "An Chuan", we just do what the elderly said.

Oh yes, btw just like to check can the Ah yee be married one or have to get single. My FH friend "warned" me dun called those ah yee that is attached or married! Cos he is not attached.

vin

HI Pausini,

It can be whoever that you wish them to be your "ah yi". Married or attached doesn't matter if you are not "pan tang" abt this lor.

Tell your FH "brothers", if they hv the "quality", attached or not is not a problem laa... **just kidding**..

S

sept 03 bride

Hi Ally,
my big day is on 17th Sept....
dinner will be at Holiday Inn Parkview, bridal package is fm Yvonne Creative.
Heard that Hotel New Otani is quite a cool place for dinner.
Erm.. sorrie to confuse u but me and Sep 03 are not the same person.

shook

Hihi Pausini
I haven't receive the invitation cards fm my hotel yet.

Hihi Vin
Thot the cake is for relatives only. My mum intend to give to my dad's n her siblings, won't give to extended relatives. Otherwise we need abt 40 boxes of cakes. She said pai say to ask for so many boxes of cakes.
An chuang needs a boy to roll over the bed, girls cannot is it?
I had my mattress placed on the bed once it is delivered. Can place it slant now?

Hihi Maya
An chuang n shift-in ritual r different. U can choose to do both on the same day tho.
Whether u have tea ceremony in your new hse or not depends on your mum's n FMIL's preference.

pausini

Shook: Just called my restaurant, i can collect my card anytime now.

Maya: urs also need to be in new hse too? i thot only my MIL insisted to have it.

vin: Yah lor, but dun want to hurt his feeling. My friend all good quality, all attached except one. Just couldnt find someone in mind.

lucky u! i think its good to have the make up artist follow you outdoors coz that's when the make up is likely to be dulled by the weather!

are you taking their inhouse photographer?
is it albert chua from everafter?

erin

hi gals,

Anybody has gone for facial? I'm going down to Beauty Inspirations tomorrow. have only gone for facial once two years ago. so can anybody tell me what to look out for?

Which beauty salon do u gals go to?

hi ting ting,

i received mail from vanity regarding their $1999 promotion. Think this is the last week. If u want, better go bridal visiting.

vin

Hi Shook,

Yeah, cakes is for relatives.. but my parents bought extra for their friends coz am the only daughther they hv.. we never ask the $$ from our IL.. just my IL want to pay all.

Yeah, "an Chuang" must find a little boy to roll over.. is a traditional... as for me, we the person who advise us want us to try to find a dragon boy as my husband is dragon as well..

Think your bed can put slant now if you want. If your elderly never advise you like this, then should be no problem laa.. not worry... For me, we didn't change the mattress, so just b4 the "an chuang", we bring out the mattress for it to "sun bath", then you out it slant b4 "an chuang".

Hi Pausini,

Hhahaha... ^5.. you you are not "pan tang" at all, then you just invite anyone you like to be your "ah yi" lor...

jan

Hi Hi, It will be nice to meet up but... carrying the photo albums will be a chore...... unless you gals just wanna see a bit.

I'm staying at Queenstown.... seems like it is all over the place leh....

meow

DK,
Shall i put Teochew + Hainanese(yours + hubby) or Peranankan+Hainanese?

Yve,
you are certainly well prepared. Dun think i can come up with that amount of money then. After my reno, my bank sure dehydrated liao.
sad.gif

Wendly,
Dun think i encounter this yet.

ocean

to sept 03 bride,
heh... lucky you mentioned it... didn't know that the two nicknames are different too until ally asked. my big day's the 20th sept weekend. i;ve just confirmed my wedding dinner venue and my church wedding venue's confirmed earlier so that's really a load off my mind. haven't decided on the bridal package yet. currently deciding between bridal veil and flamingo for now partly because we like chris ling's work among others.

just looked through previous posting and realised there's one whole lot of 20th sept weekend brides
happy.gif

hi ally,
welcome
happy.gif
the church wedding venue will be a bit tricky unless you are considering your own church. what church venues are you considering? are you looking at a catholic or christian wedding?

vio

hi jady,

yah u're lucky to hv m-up artist w u for outdoor.
does any1 noes how much it cost if our pkg doesn't incl?

hi kk,

if u intend to take 'durian' for nite ps, can get copy of programme schedule fr esplanade which they usually print every quarter or so. if there's event on lights shld b on till late. I'll chk n let u noe if i can get a copy!

next meeting will b 20th Mar (thur)- 'show of hands' who'll b there
happy.gif

venue : tentatively @ Sketches (Parco Bugis Junction)

Oops, thursday again? I got yoga leh ...
Never mind about me ... majority votes wins.

Anybody going for the designer bridal sale this weekend?