(2003) Brides of year 2003

hong

Hi Yi,

Wow, so nice in your album....hey, your look in the photo named 'In Kwa' look like the female boss of 'Bai Li Xiang' in 'Mei wei qing yuan'(Channel U, 9pm). :p

Your love nest look so cosy too...btw, why take so much photos for your house? Sending it in for the 'Open Sesame'??
happy.gif

vio

hi gals....

taken note of the dates u all had poured in - we shall have it on 18th Mar (Tue)!!

so far 6 of us - jady, serene, 1027, poki, HF & myself!!!

wat abt e rest huh? rhs, fishball, cookiecorgi u gals coming?

tingting

wow! mrs quake, you are moving so fast with your gowns preparation! It does sound very exciting indeed! Did Dang say whether you are in comfortable time frame or just in time? Also, did you choose which designer you want to work with? hehe, must say that your EG sounds rather sexy! I would never dare to have a low bareback.. how did you decide on the design of the gowns in just one day?

peabrain72

hi gals... how's your weekend?

Well, as you all know I was at the flea market, trying to 'earn some $'. Biz so so only but had fun
biggrin.gif

cat(mao)... yes, exactly 2 mths to our wedding.. scary hor cos I've done much except go for my bridal appointments... yet to find a caterer, videographer, start to DIY invites and favours. Oops...
crazy.gif
intend to take a week's leave to seriously do some work...

How's your PS? Had fun? Yet to take mine, it's on 19.

pausini... it's ok if you don't want to share your pix with everyone... it's your right
wink.gif
do what's comfortable for you.

shook... 2 inch of stem is about right, won't poke the wrist cos it's wrapped with cotton wool and foil. Will try to get hold of a pix to show you. If you like it, can help to do it
happy.gif

bortei

hey seiko and snoopy!!
mine is also on 31st august!!!
ya, i heard it's a pretty popular date too!

wow!! at first i was abit apprehensive about this date which my folks and PILs choose as it falls on malaysia national day!!

bortei

hi seiko
what a small world. my banquet is at oriental! we booked last yr july during their promotion. however my co-ordinator has left now and i yet to meet up with the new lady. i heard mandarin orchard is quite good too.

hi snoopy, guess you and i will be pretty near each other on our big day.

K

kk

Hi Yi Jie,

Yah, i managed to get to ur link. Hubby was curious and asked me whether u are also working in air force.. hahaa.. he can recognise it straight away as he was once in navy and can remember the various uniforms. Then i told him i dun remember u working in the air force although i do remember that ur hubby is. kekekee...

Hi Jady,

Hahaha.. to enjoy the process, guess u should always walk in the middle between flowee jie and yi jie :p

Gals, btw, i won't be joining in the dinner as i have to accompany a galfriend to pop down her bridal shop to select her rom gown if i dun have tuition session that evening.

Y

yi

hi flowee,

timing shd be okay.
happy.gif

why not just settle for either delifrance or any cafe at city hall then.
happy.gif

hi jady,

i fell in love wif my EG during my 1st fitting.
hubby loves it too.
happy.gif
itz something different and daring for me.
happy.gif

pulau ubin is nice for ps as we went on a Mon, itz very quite and also no sun that day.
happy.gif

hi cherubies,

itz okay.
actually hubby asked me to go dow to the fair but i lazy and also the pple from SA told me that if I'm booking for a package tour then i shd book nearer the date I'm gog so as to get a better price.
happy.gif

as i've been travelling with SA all along, I trust them lor. hehehe
glad that you have settle your HM.
BTW how much is it hah?

pausini

hi pple,

How is monday? Thanks for commenting whether i shld share out my gowns. At least i feel better, there are some wanted to view and i doesnt know whether they are really the JLC brides. Some even commented why i can let a few view it and not her. Sian! i dun want to reply them.

Kare: the detox program suppose to work but it fail on me cos i didnt rally follow to eat apples only for 3 days. haha... I think i just have to resign to my faith. I am a FAT bride. hee hee... Congrat on ur coming ROM.

Jan: i spotted one shop in Parkway centre that sell all the wedding stuffs. Cos my mum need to get the teapot set so i am asking ard. Heard Chinatown quite exp. For those in the East or who is interested can drop by and see.

Emei Houseware Centre
Blk 82, #01-618 marine Parade Central
Tel: 63453611 fax: 63448229
Email: [email protected]
Mdm Yeo Swee Chin (96876164)
(Closed on Monday)

Cat: long time no see u. where have u being? njoy ur PS session? i will be having mine this friday. so wldnt be replying from thursday to monday. I got 4 ah yee only, and guess what my FH call 8 brothers! I have confirmed my guest list and have start calling them whether they can make it. KiaSu or not? haha . cant help it. 01 May is a public hoilday and is on thursday, alot of pple may take the chance to apply leave on friday for a long weekend or go oversea. So better to play safe. wanted to hit 100% attendance!
happy.gif

vin: I have tried making one corsages, have took some pictures. will share to all here. I think i will still give but only to those who is close to me. all the ladies helpers will get it. will not be giving to the relatives, all aunties. they wldnt like it. well, it is still my " Xin yi" it is up to them whether they wanted to keep or throw.

Shook: very easy to make lah but i am using ribbon flowers that i got it from KL. As i may be giving to my guests. i may be doing two types. i have made one, send u the end product.
Not going to use fresh flowers.

Peabrain: I have considered using fresh flowers but i wanted something with combination and not just one type of flowers. I have searched the wedsite, not easy leh. they used the wire to hold the flowers, twist and turn. really hard. Have to keep the flower fresh so cant do too early. So many factor and i think, silk or ribbon flowers last better and they can keep lor. Still can machine wash! hahaha...

Sue: thanks! just want to share the gown with those really communicate.

cherubies

Hi flowee,
yes, but the week after my wedding cos there's no departure till aug 3. we have to leave sing by aug 1, spend 1 day in london.. hopefully no cancellation...

hi yi,
hee hee... ya. mine is with insight vacations, chan brother is the agenet. if you book 4 mths b4 departure date, got 2.5% discount. mine's abt 6k per person (including taxes but excluding tips, certain meals, shopping etc etc) - but also subjected to the US exchange rates as the packages are in US$. my london hotel faces buckingham palace. so i can greet the queen b4 i leave... hee hee.

Y

yi

hi hong,

Thanks for your compliments.
happy.gif

"Ba Li Xiang" is who hah?
I never watch the show leh!
I watch Channel 8 9pm show instead. hehehe

My love nest looks cosy? hehehe
Thanks. Think that shd be what our home shd be so that we wld want to go back everyday.
happy.gif

Oh, I took the pics immediately when my love nest was ready coz excited at that pt of time, not taking part in Open Sesame lah!
Actually hose pics were taken last year, now got some chnages liao. hehehe

Do you all take pics of your love nest?

hong

Hi Everyone,
Finally managed to get those scanned images from my wedding album up.
Apologies for the long wait, but promise to bring in more from the Actual Day and even honeymoon ok?
happy.gif

Click here to view.

abrinas

Hi friends

MIA for a couple of days cos I was back at HQ as my CEO is here.
happy.gif

Hi dream, welcome to the thread.
happy.gif

Hi sweets

As what beibei say, i don't think only hokkien does it nowadays. Think most dialects does it now. I m ok, rather not hv them cos I by also nvr wear. Anyway, I told FH not to waste money buying for me. Like what my mum says, I not only hv si dian, I hv a lot of dian already
lol.gif
She's been buying.

Went to shop with MIL yesterday n bought 1 pair of bangles n a pair of earrings. This is for tea ceremony. She's cantonese.
happy.gif

Hi pucca

yr PS coming soon rite? Enjoy it n praying good weather for u
happy.gif

**Praying good weather for pucca**

Hi beibei

Tt's what I want 2 when I c my photos but all turn out quite well so in the end, i bought extra 30 pcs. Very siao hor but FH says once in a lifetime n they r for memories, so buy lor. But still very heart pain but very happy. *dilemma*

My photos only coming out 1st week april n hope I can show u all by then
happy.gif

Where's pooh? Not seen her for some time.
sad.gif

Cannot write some more liao, very long alreali.

seiko

Hi Bortei Khan!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Wow this is amazing! fancy 'meeting' 2 other brides-to-be sharing the same date here! when i 1st hung out in this forum, i wasn't able 2 find any1 wif this date... yet now there's 3 of us!

Oriental din not have my other date Sept 14th... so i 'hopped' over to Mandarin instead *hehehe*
My coordinator oso left last wk, but ive spoken 2 the manager who is taking over.... sounds okie *keeping fingers crossed*

hows yr preparation coming along?

M

mrs

Tingting: I have to move fast because my FH wants PS in June school holidays because he's a teacher. I'm actually just in time to start the prep work for all the gowns. If I decide any later, the bridal shop may have to rush a bit.

I didn't really choose who to work with and Dang just told me that it will be herself. Actually, I'm a bit uncertain about my EG as well at that point when Dang proposed the design and I kept asking FH and his colleagues for opinions. I think why Dang proposed this cut was because I'm quite busty. I hope when I see the end product, I'll still be confident enough to carry it off!

FH did not object and just smile in agreement when he was told how low the V will be. His 2 female colleagues were just concern about how thick the straps on the shoulder will be. Dang propose a 1 inch width for the shoulder straps. Now I'm thinking if I should propose to Dang to have the straps made from 2 strings of crystal or beads or not.

I managed to decide on the gowns fast because I started looking through magazines and going to Bridal shows before I went shopping for Bridal packages. I also tried on various cuts at different bridal shops when I was shopping. Dang helped as well when I tell her what I like. She took out mags and drew different styles for me to see.

may

Hi gals, i am aching all over after an intensive 3 days of cleaning. i have to say that my contractor did a good acid wash of the floor - coz wheni mop it - it wasnt as dirty as i tot it will be.

But it was hard work cleaning e cabinets and wall tiles and MIRRORS. Sorry, i was so absorb with all the cleaning that i forgot to take pictures. Soon...

All furniture came and there wasnt any hiccups. Except that my two dinning chairs from Cellini had to be brought back. We didnt spot any defects - it was done by the delivery man - so he brought it back.

My coffee table was huge..man...dont remember it was so big...

In the end didnt an chuang on sunday. The bed is setup with the mattress pop up on the wall. We were told we cant sleep on the bed till wedding day. So sian...so have not move in yet. Must go buy mattress and sleep on the floor for these 2 months. No chance to test my bedframe and mattress after so much hype.

It feels good to have the house settled. Now, i need to worry abt fitting on wed.

bortei

harlow seiko
wink.gif

yes, this is really something. i also feel the same way as you...

i signed up with JLC and my trial is next week and PS in april. for banquet wise, so far yet to touch base with oriental, think april or may we will contact her.

this yr is really a bz year!! work and wedding!!!

how about you? you signed up with santiago? hope your preparation are going well!!!

meow

Besse,
Welcome to our family. Yeah i think we do have 1 fullerton bride. Tonight i sent you the details of our brides and maybe you can chat with her?

Clyne,
you are always welcome.
happy.gif

erin

hi naturally,

so your skin also on the dry side. Will consider whether want to change to collagen or not cos still have to top up $30. Quite ex ah. Me now student, no pay only got stipend so have to cut costs lah. perhaps next time we can arrange to go down together.

hi mrs quake,
wow, your gowns sound good. I'm choosing my gowns this sat and i still have no idea what i want.
sad.gif

Your fh a teacher ah. Where's he teaching? I'm still in nie. doing my 4th year liao. will be posted out in May.

M

mrs

Hi Erin: Not to late to start looking at mags now to see what you like. Eg. if you like bustier, look out for the shape you like,

MY FH is teaching in Edgefield Primary school. This is his second career actually.

pooh

Halo abrinas,
i am here. I dun have to buy si dian jin. My MIL will buy me a pair of bangles. BTW i dun like those stuff also. So the less the better.

My album can only collect in mid Apr. Cos we delay to see the delay in Jan due to my hubby busying with his work.

besse

Meow

Thanks.. have emailed you my details oledy. hv u rec it?

ANyway, any good bridal for recommendations? Me was quite keen on Bridal Veil, but went down and din feel v comfy there.. anyone have comments? BV vs Silhouette vs ??? haiz.. is it too late to book my bridal now???

maya

Hi Pausini, saw your WC, very nice. You don't mind telling me again how is it done and how much does it cost to buy the materials? Also, where can I get them other than Spotlight? Can I get them at those shops with sells button, cross-stitch materials? I know a place in Chinatown.
Actually, never thot abt doing such things but got curious after all the mention in the thread. Thinking if free (as if I am ever!!) I might want to try doing it....
My curtains came in over the weekend. Now the place looks so homey! So nice and patting myself for choosing the right colours (very thick skinned hor!), they blended quite well with the wall colour. Now thinking of how to DIY curtains/shades for the kitchen. The sun can be quite hot and am worried that my kitchen cabinets, those exposed to the rays will discolour or warp with time. Any ideas of DIY? And I mean really DIY, not thinking of buying stuff or drilling holes in the wall......quite a challenge here......

maya

BTW, any of you bought furniture at those shops in housing estates? I went to Courts yesterday, saw some shoe cabinets. Went to a HDB furniture shop, saw in their catalogue they have the SAME shoe cabinets! Cost cheaper too. Are they copying from Courts or they all get from same manufacturer??
Am thinking of getting my other furniture from these shops as the price seems reasonable and you can bargain them down a little too. Can trust them?

naturally

Erin,
yeah, maybe we can arrange to go together next time!
happy.gif

Mrs Quake,
Your FH is teaching at P21 ah? That's so near your new house! Next time can send your kids to the same primary school!
happy.gif

leo29

Sweetie,

You mean discuss the gown design? So fast! Mine will be in April. Me not worry of the design but I have to make a decision whether to give up bustier or low back, so sad..... Bustier need fabric behind to hold it and low back need sling to hold it.

Besse,

Welcome! When is your wedding?

Never shortlist BV and Silhouette, so no comment. No, it’s still not too late for you search for bridal shop now. But… you have to act fast if you are looking at MTM package. Sweetie is going for her first appt tonite already.

pausini

Hi Maya: looklike most of us have our new nest up. it is ok to feel proud of urself. My FH always say he made the right choice when the items got in and it goes well with the house. haha...

What kind of shades are u thinking? those that paste on the windows? it helps but i heard from my contractor that it will never abt to take out the shades after pasting it. ever if u can, the glass window will be totally spoilt and over-exposure of the shade to the sun will strink the shades (cos made of plastic) may be u just want to consider.

For the Wrist corsages. i think u can try those shop in chinatown. Mind telling me where is it? i wanted to look ard to see if i can get much more pretty flowers. Silk flower is very nice too. I saw one at spotlight, it cost abt 2.99 Aust dollar but i dun know what wld be the price in sin$. May used to buy her crystal beads at Arab street. Dun know do they have any of these silk flowers there? I got those flower from KL. so it is abt RM$6 for 10 flowers. Silk flowers is nicer. The ribbon i used got pattern on it so may cos more. can get those plain one which may not cost that much.

As for how it was done. how do i describe leh.
I try to get a step by step picture up the website. next week, this week have to prepare for PS. Is that OK?

I'm going to try to make a few more. using diff flowers. see which one is nice then start production. hee hee...

shook

Hihi Peabrain
Yes pls show me picture of the wrist corsage. Only need daisy n nothing else? Will it last till 9 time?

Hihi Jan
I intend to have 4 ah yi to match the no of brothers my hubby has. Now confirm 3, looking 4 another 1. Thinking of getting my x-colleague who is coming alone coz the other one hubby got lung cancer. Think she can't make it. Haven't inform her yet. Actually I have a friend who wanna b my ah yi, but she is taller than my hubby n me. Rejected her 2x liao. My cousin oso wanna b my ah yi. C how.
Can't agree more, JL sales is always packed.

Hihi Sue
Changed your Segamat wedding date to 25th May? Wz set at 17th initially rite?
Your hubby coming to fetch u @ wat time? Tea ceremony 4 your relatives in the morning when your hubby fetch u?

Hihi May wow, can relax a bit lao huh.
U moving in b4 customary?

Hihi Pausini
You wrist corsage v beautiful. I oso wanna try. U staple or sew the flowes to the ribbon? Flowes @ Spotlight so x. Share share if u find better long bang

wen

Hi Besse,
My dinner will be at Fullerton. Their package is pretty standard. You can take a look at their website for more information. As for extra, only willing to give more parking coupons, invitation cards and complimentary chair covers. Corkage is free for first 12 bottles.

icemilo

Hey Yi,

Have already seen your pic... I think they are very nicely taken. You look so fabulous. Slim and pretty. Really envy your figure.
happy.gif

By the way, have also seen your hm pic. Very nice as well. Me like your living and dinning area. Realised your master room is a bit small, is it due to having a walk in wardrobe in your room?

elaine

Hi gals,

Let's meet at CityHall this wed @ 7.30pm (Body Shop) then venue, just see where got space then sit down. Most pro at Raffles City or nearby.

How?

pausini

Shook: the silk flower in spotlight is abt 4 - 6 pieces per pack at abt $2.99 Aust dollar. Still cheaper than $10 one wrist corsages. I sew the flowers on the riboon. Actually, i made a simple riboon 1st then i add in another two "wings" by folding in another two wings and sew it (my pic show four "wing" ribbon) then i add in the flowers by sew them on to it. very easy one. all of u can do it. Shook, u only have 4 Ah Yi so at most take abt 2 hrs or less to do the wrist corsages. Depends on the number of flowers u wanted on the corsages. Spotlight sells diff sizes. So if u are getting big one, only need abt one of 2. if like mine so small, three is nicer.

Hi girls,

i just wondered can we also include our new house address in the May_bride_list? So we can send greeting cards to each other next time. Or visit each other? What do u think? of course have to include real name?

M

mrs

heheheh...was thinking of doing that, Naturally. Can imagine how xian the child will be boy! Athome see father, at school also see father. No chance to misbehave!

Y

yi

hi Icemilo,

Thanks for your compliments.
happy.gif

Oh, u saw my home pics too?
Those pics were taken last year, we have actually made some changes liao. hehehe
Oh, i actually hack down 2 rooms into 1 so one side my walk-in wardrobe and study area and the other side is my bed and tv-corner lor.
happy.gif

that room that we placed our bed is actually the guest room initially and we have a sliding door to separate them now.
happy.gif

maya

Hmm, I will hunt for the silk flowers in Chinatown then. The shop which I know that sells cross-stitch stuff is in People's Park, Dragon something was the name, used to buy my threads there. But the A$2.99/6 quite cheap also. Abt S$3? I think this same place sells beads, coloured stones and maybe crystal deco. I use to look out for those things to make costumes and that place is quite gd for these stuff.
Will update all when I go this wkend.

pausini

maya: can get a namecard and keep me update after u visited the place? Spotlight normally import handcraft material from places like Australia and Britain. I think the silk flower is from Aust. Dun know chinatown have it? Thanks! iwait for ur news.

besse

Hi Leo29..

Gee. you can have a Bustier WG and a low back EG? ;) That makes best of both world yeah?! Where's your bridal?

My wedding will be on 2 Nov.

Wen.. hi hi.. when's wedding for you? Weekend or weekday? who's your coordinator??

Hmm, i am trying my luck with my wishlist. Hope can have an additional room for my FH's colleagues who are sword bearers.. and since I'll be having my ROM on the same day - planning just before the wedding, might need a small function room... and of cos asking for usual additional invite cards and carparks, etc.. will post the outcome of my meeting with Elizabeth tonite..

icemilo

Hey Yi...

icic. Thaz what my frens did too, to hack down 1 wall, so that the master room can be bigger, if not very cham, as if in a jail... :D

wen

Hi Besse
Wow... yours is earlier than mine....
My wedding is on 17 Nov Monday. Coordinator is Thomas. What about you?
Have you booked the place?

may

today very busy at work. Read all you gals info abt the guo da li, candles, make up and pyjamas. It is making my head go round and round. So many things to note..gosh...

i also have to pay for food tasting. So me and hubby decided that we dont want. We exchange the food tasting for a free table so if want to taste the food must pay.

Pausini: yr wrist corsages very nice...i really think u did a good job. u know what..i have been so busy, i have yet to stick the crystals on my shoes. Need to go back home early to do. PS os next Friday and i need my shoes... i also have not finish my choker...oops...i am terrible.

I dont know why mirrors are very difficult to clean coz there were some stains on it. We had to use lots of glass cleaner and neswpapers. I have a big mirror in the master toilet like those in hotel, a full height mirror in the wardrobe and another at the dresser which is half length and in the living room a stretch of 1/3 width mirror at the table top. My greatest satifaction is washing the toilets. Just like my toilet to be clean and smell nice.

FYI, i also dont like sharing my first fitting pixs with other gals. I only send to those in May bride list. I dont feel there is anything wrong with it. Put it this way,i am shy loh.