(2003) Brides of year 2003

leo29

My friend just deliver to a boy yesterday..... Oh my god, she was in the labour ward from mon noon till yesterday evening then manage to squeege the little one out...... such a long hrs.....

are

leo29... wah, i hear already scared sia!
happy.gif

leo29

are... mai gia, different ppl got different timing. Maybe urs, 2-3 hrs can settle liao,
happy.gif
I think my friend is abit kiasu, feel abit pain, faster admit, hahaha..... But her hubby told us, she never feel any pain when graph show contraction, funny hor, maybe her endurance is good. But too bad in the end she still have to jab the epiduror(4get how to spell) because the time is too long liao..... doctor afraid she cannot dahan

are

leo29... i do hope so man. my mum went thru two short labours, so hope i can some 'genes'!
happy.gif
i'm also hoping not to do epidural, but wun noe till then lah. my hubby oso say a bit pain oni want to admit liao, cos we live far from the hospital, scared cant reach on time!
happy.gif
hehehe...

yve

yo gers.. Just to update that I think I am pregnant.. No sign of auntie flow and tested with faint line.. So not really positive? Anyway, will keep u all posted.. And yes, I made it for a Monkey baby..

are

congrats yve!!! eh? u moved into new house yet? so can reno bb rm oso lah?
happy.gif

and hor... got faint line means 'jackpot' liao leh, prob juz cos u r in early stage.
happy.gif

yve

are, nope.. house still renovating.. bb rm nid what reno?? nothing much leh..

think more of less cfm that i got a monkey baby lah.. boobs are very painful.. and eat things like no taste.. and wake up at night then cannot sleep..

yve

are, yeah.. i gng back to my gynea whom i saw for my body checkup last year.. email me at [email protected] to chat more.. oh yeah, cannot wear my clothes leh.. partly cos i have been eating a lot.. :p

meowie

Yve, has it been confirm yet. Congrats!!!!

Maybe we should update a little when's the little ones going to be born
happy.gif

Are - Oct?
Aloevera - Nov 30th
Oranges?
MT? like are?

mtmtmt

Meow,
wow u remember me?
happy.gif
I tot I haven't chatted here in eons I'm forgotten
happy.gif
Mine Oct 18, gender still unknown. Everything fine from last checkup though... so hopefully everything goes well still.

Congrats Aloe and Yve.
happy.gif

meowie

Are - Oct, girl
Aloevera - Nov 30th
Oranges
MT - Oct 18th
Yve - late Jan

MT, saw your name with the mother-to-be thread mah.
happy.gif

leo29

are,

i thought gynae will give u a EDD when u first visit them. Your gynae just told u early Oct? Maybe he will tell you in later stage becos EDD will change.

are

leo29... he did initially. it started with 14oct, then 12oct. but he did say oso tat it will move closer as bb grow bigger, so i'm expecting early oct. hope its aft 25th sept tho', so @ least wun clash w a fren's bb!
happy.gif

enya

hi all

its been 5 mths since our big day! i'm just wondering, where are the rest of dec'03 brides? how's everyone doing? ;)

sandgirl72

Hi Enya

How are U doing?
happy.gif

Few of us in the Dec03 brides are in contact via daily emails and gatherings. We just met up last evening..
happy.gif

For me, i m more adapted to married life compared to the 1st month which was terrible.. initially always told my gf that it is better to be single..
happy.gif

enya

wow .. that's nice
happy.gif

yar, during the first few months, i was really having post wedding blues .. huge sense of loss - after all the preparations, and then the major adjustment after moving out ..

how's everyone else in the dec03 brides?

naturally

Yo Enya!! U miss us?
biggrin.gif

Can't believe we're already married for 5 mths! Living together was a lot more difficult than i ever imagined, everything also got to share: the bed, the toilet, the tv, the newspapers... argh! But housework is something i would willingly share...
lame.gif
Such trivial matters right? But thank goodness we're over that stage now!
happy.gif

Hey, did u share your wedding story here?
biggrin.gif
Tell me leh! How's your wedding banquet at marina mandarin? Your hubby got drunk or not? Was it fun being a princess for a day?
happy.gif

Sandy, Piper, Chicory, Val and myself are in contact... the other gals stopped coming into this thread lor...

piper

hi hi enya,

Me a 'fake' dec bride
94953.gif
....but like wat naturally said, I'm still in contact with sandy & gang.

My wedding was just over in early Feb & I really had a great time.

Well, I hope you've settled down in ur "er ren shi jie". Any plans for bb?

serrich

Hi ladies,

I have not logged in for so long liao.. Glad to hear that many of u are expecting liao.... Congras!!!!

***Hmmmm... what have i been doing huh???*** I am supposed to be the first few among u all to hear the wedding bells but till now still no news of bb yet leh... :)

sweetie, amore, meow, are,
So gald that u all still in this thread.... Thanks for keeping it gg.. :)

Have u gals been meeting up veri often? I remember onli joining u gals for 1 session then mia liao... Keep me updated if u gals organising another meetup, k?!

meowie

So sorry Oranges, didn't came in here for so long. May have missed your posting.
blush.gif

Me? I'm fine, and i jus came back from Bali. In fact it was on National day when i was back. Me too trying for a baby close to 2months. And i've missed my period for a week. Today tried with Clear Blue and showed a dark vertical line and faint horizontal line. Could be positive but will need to go check with MO(Medical Officer in Mindef) to confirm and get them to refer me to KKH.

Anyone got good gynae to recommend me in KK?

Are - Oct 12th, girl
Aloevera - Nov 30th
Oranges - 22 Dec, boy
MT - Oct 18th
Yve - late Jan

meowie

Yve,
How are you? Have you scan your bb yet? Boy or gal? Me can't confirm yet leh. Wat if its a false alarm? See tomorrow i can get confirm answer from doc or not. Will update you gals.
happy.gif

yve

meow,

Haiyah, every doc appt also scan lah.. but not cfm the gender yet.. quick quick go and check up and tell us the news.. i dunno how u can tahan missing period for a week and dun test.. and u can go bali somemore..

leo29

Meow,

Keep us update on the good news. That time i oso miss my period for 1 week then i go and see a doctor. And the result out is positive. Pai seh, too long never come in so oso never update my MTB status, my EDD is Dec 2

meowie

Hee....Yve, my hubby went to Redang with his colleagues. Since i dun want to stay at home, so i also go overseas lor. I know my menses will come during the period i'm in Bali. But it didn't come mah. Tried to find pregnancy test there but think they sell condoms then test kit.
happy.gif
So have to come back then test lor.

Leo,
You still dun know sex of bb? BB dun wan show mummy is it?

Everyone going to give birth in private hospital? No one going to KKH? My sis told me Dr. Christopher Chong and Dr Tee is good.

Are - Oct 12th, girl
MT - Oct 18th
Aloevera - Nov 30th
Leo29 - 02 Dec
Oranges - 22 Dec, boy
Yve - late Jan

leo29

Meow,

My gynae said most probably a girl but she can't confirm. So have to wait for the next appt lor which will be next fri. I think by then she can give me a confirm gender. Becos of the unknow gender, i got difficulty addressing my bb. Have to keep on calling bb instead of ger ger or boi boi. Me will deliver in Mt E.

meowie

Leo afterall its still your sweet BB lor.
happy.gif
K, you let me know next week. I'll keep everyone posted about my result tomorrow with doc. See he'll refer me to KKH for check.

min_minnie

Meow,

Congrulations! How did your hubby react? So lucky to strike the jackpot so fast. Me can't plan now. Think can only do it next year. By then,you are experienced and I can go to you.

meowie

Thanks Min,
I jus came back from my medical centre. The facility was so bad. They dun even have test kit to confirm my pregnancy. Sigh.
sad.gif
They straight away refer me to KKH. Since mine is a subsidise, i can't choose my gynae.
sad.gif
If i want, i won't get sunsidise.
sad.gif
So sad. My appt will be 31st Aug then can confirm. After that then i can excuse from duty.
sad.gif

yve

meow, uh?? 31 Aug?? So far away.. If u wan a test done by a doc, then go to GP lor.. will cost about 20 plus If not, the clearblue is clear enough lah.. Or test on your own a few days later..

Meanwhile, take your folic acid okay..

meowie

Yve, folic acid is good for what huh?
uhoh.gif
I've tested twice liao, so its more or less confirm liao. I jus want to get excuse so i no need to wear uniform and work night shift. But seems like its have to wait till after Sept since they start to plan night shift duty in mid Aug.
sad.gif

I need to find out more info on subsidise. The company doc say i can't chose my gynae, if want it will be private and won't get any subsidise. Won't it be very ex?
sad.gif

yve

Meow,

Folic acid (also known as vitamin B9 or folate) is one of the few nutrients known to prevent neural tube birth defects, such as spina bifida, which affects about one in 1,000 pregnancies each year in the United States. The Centers for Disease Control report that women who take the recommended daily dose of folic acid starting one month before they conceive and throughout the first trimester reduce their baby's risk of birth defects, such as spina bifida, by up to 70 percent. copy from www.babycenter.com

yeah, if u wan subsidy, u cannot choose the doc.. u have to take whoever is available during your appt.. private uh.. like for me, package from week 12 onwards cost 500, includes the checkups with ultrasound scans and the normal vits and calcium. Delivery will depend on how many beds room and normal or ceaserean.. 2 bedded normal delivery, will be about 2K after medisave deduction.

meowie

Yve, since you know something, then hor so susidise all the way throughout i can't choose my gynae? Even close to due date?

Where can i find folic acid? Robinsons have or not?

yve

Meow,

yeah, think all the way cannot choose leh.. It is similar to if I take the cheapest package from KKH with referral from polyclinic.. U check from their website, http://www.kkh.com.sg/.

You can get folic acid from guardian or watson or the ntuc clinic.. Not sure about robinson..

leo29

Yve,

U don make meow kan chiong lei, folic acid she can get from her gynae on her first appt.

Meow,

Folic acid, gynae will give it to you on your first appt. Me oso never see my gynae immediately after GP confirm that i'm pregnant. I waited for a few weeks before i get to see my gynae. At present, just rest well and becareful.

The refer letter is just a letter for the hospital so that you can get subsidise rite? If yes, when you reached just show them the letter and tell them which gynae you want to see. I think your co oso don know.

meowie

Yve,
i've called KKH on the price wise. The price is a big diff leh.
sad.gif

Leo,
K, then i might jus wait for KKH to give me folic acid. I got 20% discount voucher from robinsons yesterday. So i wonder if Robinsons got sell or not. Yeah the letter is jus a referral me to get subsidise. But to choose doc maybe not. I was thinking for first few visit can change doc. Closer to nearer stage, i may want to stick to a gynae instead.

okeanosmao

hi meow,

congrats to u!! hee, must be happy liao...din chat wif u for so long.
for folic acid, robinsons have. there r many types of brand for folic acid. u can go centrepoint one..
u can choose gynae for first few visits..after close to nearer stage, its beta to stick to it lor..for me, i'm a private patient in kkh. well, not pregnant yet though, seeing him for some fertility issues.

meowie

Thanks Okean.
happy.gif
What's wrong with you?
sad.gif

Actually i dunno whether its real true i'm pregnant or not. Though i've tried using clear blue twice. But i dun feel any nausea or anything except if i were to stretch my abdominal there's slight pain on it.
sad.gif
Maybe only when i see the foetus then i definately believe i'm pregnant.
happy.gif
Oh, i've change my appt to 1st sept.
happy.gif

are

congrats meow!!!!

ooiii.. someone kept saying 2 yrs hor, then suddenly started trying leh!!!
happy.gif
do take care of yourself now okie? dun 'yearn' for morn sickness, its a blessing if u dun hv!!!

meowie

Are,
We jus dun want monkey BB mah remember? I dun really have morning sickness but my throat feel moody and occasionally i feel cramps below. Is it normal?? Anyway, i've started taking folic acid,how many mg should i take daily. One doc say one tablet(5mg) each day while another tell me take twice as its like vitamin B tablets.