(2003) Brides of year 2003

J

jan2003

sorry, forgot to ask, mega mattress got gst charge or not? if not then i try to get mattress in may 03?

woodstock

I'm surprised to hear that Simmons back care 3 is 3K?? Is that for King size? I got my Queen size back care 2 from Robinsons 3 months ago for $1.2K and if you are Robinson card holder, you can pay by 6 months instalments and get additional 5% discount off the bill. I think Robinson having 15% storewide sale now- worth taking a look.
happy.gif

pucca75

hi all,
wah, did not come here n peep peep for 2 days so many replies ah...
happy.gif

its 1st Nov 2molo ... 8 mths to Jun 03
happy.gif

i guess for those who has everything done like beibei will juz be waiting for the big day to arrive ! ... hee .. right now me looking forward my 1st appt .. :p

gd luck!!

K

kk

flowee jie,

thanks thanks! Me now "pia" all out and use all my brain power :p

I am now waiting for Yi jie's photos which she promised to share
happy.gif

vin

Jan2003,
Okie, np... happy shop for your mattress. Where's your FH goes?? He's station in overseas?

Hi All,
Is that alrite that I don't want to change the furniture in the bedroom?? Me lazy to do all this.. need to pack and unpack...
sad.gif
just think of do the painting. and I'm lazy to do all this type of shopping ....

I don't even feel like change the bed and mattress (but heard from some couples said that it must change and cannot sleep on that till our wedding day...?? is that true??), since my bf's already got a king size bed, must well just stick to the same..

As for bridal car, am like Jan2003, any car is okie with me. My bridal shop does not provide us a car.. don't think of rent one as can save the money for extra things such as my photos... worse come to worse, just pick one of the cars from bf family of just use back his own car..

Hi Shook,
thanks for listed out the photographer list...
happy.gif

K

kk

Hi Lorraine,

the chat is on at 9pm... didn't see u around leh.. i am already logged in
happy.gif

Hi fishball,

didn't see u ard too
sad.gif

Hi serene,

when's ur birthday? today??? happy birthday!!!

yah lor, me also like those crown on the head.. kekekee....

ya lor, talking about exams.. me having exam in april.. so there goes my april to do anything progressive... another month sacrificed
sad.gif

Gals,

me and my hubby tentatively thinking of going to Changi Airport, Changi end, Esplanade area for PS. What do u all think?

enya

jbride:
are the fotos by utopia done using film or digital ah? do we get to take the negatives home? i forgot .. better call up utopia tomorrow again! have u chosen your actual day photographer? i thinking of sourcing something cheaper, cos the gown oredi costs me bomb!
happy.gif

yeah yeah .. me excited, now like waitin and exercising all the way until dec'03!!

littlerabbit

Meow,

Dropped u an email of the details oreadi.

Are,

Seems that the package of $3888 u refer to is too high. What abt Tokyo Bridal? How's their package quoted 2 u? I've came across this bridal shop in magazines and heard this bridal shop b4. One of my colleague got his package there.

Mine package is from Bridal concept n its reasonable. Mayb u can go down n have a look 2. If interested, drop me an email n i can provide u with more details.

nofuss

HI dolphine & ram,

welcome to the thread. Dolphine : your wedding is only 2 days after mine, mine is on 29 march at Conrad.

Hi Jesz,

I think the clear glass console is nice & as for the dinner table. Mine is also clear glass, so far no problems, in fact it is quite durable as it doesn't scratch easily & we probably don't have to worry abt water stains on it bcos the glass cleaner will clean everything off. What kind of dining chairs does the glasss table come with ?

nofuss

sweets

hi fellow june-ners..

I am lost...you all tok so fast....i blur liao...
happy.gif

240 days more to our big day!! ( those who share the same date as me lar ;P)

E

el

hi all,

seems like mio, babyblue and myself are the last ones.... can get tips from the rest of you already.... hee hee.

freesia

Hello Jacqueline

Like to clarify the point that you've mentioned abt getting other staff from O Studio to do on the photography part. Do you mean that you do not automatically get to work with the "original" photography, but have to pay extra if you wanted him? If this is so, does this also apply to all other photography studios?

jbride

enya,

i signed up kai's package without researching on the photography
biggrin.gif
but i've managed to find out the details thereafter...Utopia uses film not digital. He'll not return the negatives unless u top up for additional photos up to $1.5K or purchase the negatives for $800...

did u signed up for the 8R or 15R? kath called to inform me that Utopia had increased their price for upgrading from 8R to 15R..r u aware of that?

i'm sourcing for actual day photographer too since i'm done with the banquet & brial package..Any recommendation? i've seen greymatters's website & i like their style...but have yet to visit them...

btw, kath has arranged my photoshoot on 1st sep...& she suggested that i start my designing ard early next year. What abt u?

i've not visited their boutique leh
your_image.gif
will arrange to drop by next few weeks...i'm so excited too
your_image.gif
have been trying to exercise & keep in shape
your_image.gif

ops...the message is getting a bit long...
your_image.gif

jbride

enya,

i signed up kai's package without researching on the photography
biggrin.gif
but i've managed to find out the details thereafter...Utopia uses film not digital. He'll not return the negatives unless u top up for additional photos up to $1.5K or purchase the negatives for $800...

did u signed up for the 8R or 15R? kath called to inform me that Utopia had increased their price for upgrading from 8R to 15R..r u aware of that?

i'm sourcing for actual day photographer too since i'm done with the banquet & brial package..Any recommendation? i've seen greymatters's website & i like their style...but have yet to visit them...

btw, kath has arranged my photoshoot on 1st sep...& she suggested that i start my designing ard early next year. What abt u?

i've not visited their boutique leh
10827.gif
will arrange to drop by next few weeks...i'm so excited too
10828.gif
have been trying to exercise & keep in shape
10829.gif

ops...the message is getting a bit long...
10830.gif

shook

Hihi Jan
I bought Dunlop, not Simmons. May is the one who is considering Simmons. U using Dunlop now, is it gd? I haven't got my mattress delivered yet, target in Dec.
Maga mattress charges GST.

Hihi Maya
The other Mega mattress is in West Coast.
I pd $1,498 4 Dulop king size arthro care mattress. I din consider King Koll bcoz my brother is using King Koll. It is a queen size bed but boy it is heavy like a log. My mum warned me never ever
nono.gif
by King Koll or else I gotta lift wt to change bed sheet
lame.gif

Hihi Vin
U r most welcome. So, have u gotta anyone fm the list?
Me now shopping 4 lightings, furnitures, electrical appliances, carpentry work... haven't check out on actual day photography. Quite worried since u gals said dat some photographers r oreadi booked 4 May 2003.

jesz

Hi nofuss,

I like the tv console & dining table ... My frens were telling me it will leave a lot of ugly fingerprints, very noisy if u drop your cutlery on the table etc ... But after hearing from you, I can go persuade my hubby to buy it ... hehe

As for the chairs, I didn't really notice it but if I'm not wrong, it is those fabric type (suppose the cover is removable) with high back ...

Can let me know where did u buy yours from & around what price?

Thanks!

J

jan2003

hello all,

Shook: how come so expensive? i read in papers (yesterday night went to dig old papers for mega mattress), their advertisement say dunlop and king koil posture range of mattress only $899 max. now i puzzled. can help? is it their sales gimmick? dunlop ok what. my whole family using dunlop now. my dad still snores, me still can sleep like a piggy. so i thot it;s ok. i doubt i can differentiate much too.
happy.gif

now that you mention about actual day photographers, i worried too. how come people book so early. sigh. better discuss with my fiance this weekend. gosh, so many things to settle.

Vin: my fiance goes to some UAE state i cannot even spell! sounds like ah-bu-da-be???? he will only be able to come back for photoshoot 2 days at his own expense so i am trying to see if can arrange for weekend for PS. i think if don't want to change furniture is ok. i not changing all also, save cost but mattress they say must change. bed no need if you don't want to? i also don't know, the older generation alot of feedback.

woodstock:yes leh. i went to centrepoint robinson last weekend. mattress back care 3 and queen size bed frame given free is $3000/- how come huh? is it all the rest of the mattress also in the range of thousands? i thot some of the brands sell their mattress for less than a thousand? now i am confused. can share with me your price check out?

Yes, for mattress, they say cannot sleep until wedding night. so i was also wondering if we should buy so early, take up space and collect dust. what say all of you?

vin

HI Shook,
Me just check with Hilarion, Choon Huat and Triston so far, just got an e-mail from Triston that he's not avaible on my wedding day. So for Hilarion and Choon HUat...
sad.gif

You can try to look for Choon Huat, see whether he is available then go and view his works. Heard that the charges is not that expensive and his works is pretty good, very responsible as well. Heard from a friend that who know him from some wedding.

By the way, what time you reach office??? You log in to SB b4 8a.m.. which is pretty early ler...
happy.gif

jazz

Jan, yes, Mega mattress got gst charge, if you've got a house, buy now... I bought my KK king mattress (for spine care whatever that is) from the branch at Balestier. There was some discount and I bargained with the lady, not too much lah. But the gst is count on the final cost of the mattress (after the bargain).

Shook, aiyah, jia liat, I bought the KK mattress already...
sad.gif
I bought my lightings from Balestier. Spent abt 1k plus just on lights itself. For electrical appliances, I bought from a shop in Bedok after shopping round a few places. Actually, the cheapest one that I've found out is at Alexandra but anyway, since there's not much of a diff with the shop in Bedok, and it's not opened on sunday and it's a very long way to travel there, so we decided to get from Bedok for convenience stake.

Shook, must book fast. I had wanted to book Andrew Tay as my actual day photographer in Sept, but he was already fully booked for most of the weekends in May, so I had to source for an alternative one. Luckily, the photographer that I booked, he was available on my actual day, other than that, he's fully booked for the other weekends as well.

May, wow, 13 colours to choose from? $280 for 6 hours? That's pretty reasonable! Hmm... can go check out. So, will you be using the London cab then?
happy.gif

may

Jan: I tot the rental for merc will be more expensive. Too bad you cant use the london cab...it is very easy to get in with the can can...i also worry that i cant use my own car because of the can can.

I spoke to Edwin...he is very nice ...i feel the nicest among all the siblings working in xzen.
FYI, Simmons have other range that are cheaper ...around S$ 1.5 K and above.

Woodstock: the new backcare 3 & 4 range is very expensive around the range of 3K and above. Is yours the new one or old one? I know quite a few place is still selling the old models one.

Shook: Lets compare notes on the electronics applicances that you are shopping around. I am thinking of getting a samsung fridge, washer and dryer from ariston. you?

U gals serious about the bed ah? If i am moving into my new house before the wedding? How? I cannot sleep on the bed ah? That's terrible, right?

may

Jazz: I think i will go for london cab. the 6 hours package sounds good. Except that you got to factor in the deco and the time for it.If you take the full package, they throw in 2 hours from 7-9 pm on the wedding eve to do the deco at your bridal shop or wherever.
Otherwise for the half day package, if you need to do deco on wedding eve you need to pay $100.

For my case, i am asking my friend's mom to do the deco and she stays near my new place..so most likely the cab will be decorated in the morning of the wedding and then go pick up me hubby and come to my house to fetch me. If you extend beyond 6 hours, the charge is $45 per hour.

ram

thanks nofuss!

as for my prep, i hd selected my gowns, and will go for ps next month. then will arrange both parents to meet in late nov/early dec. how abt u gals?

as for the house, we will be staying with in-laws, therefore plan to paint the room in dec. we hd bought the bed n mattress. will start to shift some of my stuffs in dec too.

jan is a very busy mth for my work, therefore hope to clear as much in dec as possible.

oh yeah, think need to confirm some details on banquet in dec too right? how abt u gals?

pinkbottle

Hi, am also a may bride.. just wondering if you all have already got your gowns ready.. my appointment is only in december and photoshoot in next march. how come some of you have done photos so fast??
happy.gif

maya

Yah ladies, pls tell us all the prices you have found in your electrical and mattresses shppg trips. Very tiring going all over the place.

I went shppg ard recently for fride, washng maching.

Fridge - was told Mitsubishi was the best. Any Jap model also ok bec they are less noisy, emit less heat. Dunno how true. The models I saw were ard $799-$1200, with discounts thrown in, at Courts and Harvey

WM - I'm keen on front load bec at home hve used front load all my life. Was told that FL cleans better, saves on water bec it only fills to half-way mark unlike top laod which have to fill to brim (bec of the way it spins). But someone told me FL spoil more easily but not sure abt this bec my home one quite ok. But FL is more ex. TL - abt $299-499 can get very decent ones. FL - min $399, up to $700.

For bathroom accessories, can someone advice if Balestier shops are cheaper than Sim siang Choon? A friend told me that Balestier got better bargains but not sure abt the variety. SSC got big shop and wide variety.

kelsey

Hi ???

So glad that you got her as your makeup artist. When is your ROM date? You can feedback to me after your ROM how your makeup was. The only bride's makeup I saw in her portfolio was those she has done for magazines and they looked really good.

How many people are you planning for your lunch? Are you going to the ROM and then to lunch or having a lunch with a JP there? Prefer chinese or western food?

My collegue just booked the Orchid Country Club for his ROM....He's having 3 tables and it overlooks the country club green. Sounds really nice.

Other suggestions is Halia at Botanic Gardens.

jacqueline

Hi piper

Yeah...hopefully we won't be eyeing the same gown!!
nono.gif

Hi naturally

I was there at around 2pm and was served by Ponnie but I won't be using her cos my Milan's package has already included make-up for actual/studio.
So, we'll be doing our photoshoot on the same month. That's good! Then can countdown together..
bounce.gif

By the way, who is yr studio photographer?

Hi Freesia

I was refering to the actual day photography. Actually, I intended to use Jaki, the boss of O studio but, he is too ex.-$1800 so, decided to use his staff instead. Not too sure of other studios..

joyful

Hi Astrud,

Yeah, have to really keep an eye on the budget or else here spend a bit, there spend a bit, end up deficit!
happy.gif
Ok, will let you know how my reno goes.

As for the LG w/m, it's not too bad, my hse currently using that...convenient and simple to use even for my parents..As for Ariston fridge, my frenz complained that it's not too good esp the stainless steel one as it makes a lot of noise. Cooker hob,err not too sure lah.

Hi Beanie,

Wow, you become project coordinator for your house huh? Well, even though got someone to coordinate, must still pop down to see....but at least your husband in this line, so you would know what to look out for and not kena bluff by some of the contractors....
wink.gif

Hi Pooh,

Congrats on getting your reno completed! Wow, you will be staying with your in-laws? As for the bridal package, which one did you sign up with?
happy.gif

fishball

Hi gals,

sorry I missed d chat last nite. Had food poisoning n went straight to bed w/o dinner.

So anything interesting at Chat last nite?

From d few photo albums I've seen, some nice places are Emerald Hill/Devonshire, Labrador Park, Sentosa, Punggol end... in addition to kk's suggestions above. C wat d studio recommends lor.

astrud

Hi Joyful,
thanks for the feedbk. i think i quite set on the LG w/m coz my uncle can get it cheaper. Wonder if the Ariston white fridge wld hv the same prob as the stainless steel one. I also heard dat it can be quite noisy.

u hv been very helpful oredi.
happy.gif

More shopping this week....hehehe....

may

Hi pinkbottle: i think your schedule is ok. I am also having my photoshot in March. It is just that my designer wants to have my gown almost ready before chinese new year for the photoshot. That is why my 1st fitting is in Dec. Which bridal shop have you sign up and where is your dinner.

Maya: The fridge that i am eyeing from Samsung is more than 500 L. I want a big want hee..hee..so far all my friends says samsung fridge very good in terms of engery saving and durability. So i am quite set on the one that i want which cost $ 1199 from Safe Superstore.

For dryer and washer - i am getting the ariston brand. The washer is asian model load is 5.5 kg speed: 600 rpm and dryer is 5 kg load. Both of them cost 1028.

Bathroom accessories - i also think Balastier will be cheaper.

vin

HI May,

Me don't know abt sleep on the new mattress b4 marry. Ppl call it "an Chuang", aft the "an chunag" ceremony, couple cannot sleep on the bed till marry day...For my case, me and my Bf don't care abt all this lor... We never follow all.

HI Maya,
for the electronic appliances products and mattress, I got no idea. I never shop for all these. I don't know which one is good. But for sure, KK mattress is heavy....
happy.gif

HI Pinkbottle,
My wedding is in early of Jan 2003. Just took my PS three weeks ago. Your wedding is on May and your PS in March, will it be a bit rush? Coz they need to let you view your photos and you must select your photos and let them do up a wedding photo album for you. Which birdal shop you sign up with? Just check with them, as long as they ensure that is on time, then is ok...
happy.gif
Coz diff. bridal shop hv diff. working schedule...
happy.gif
as long as their arrangement is fine with you, why not?

serene

Hi gals,
Thanks for the well wishes
biggrin.gif

hehee..today is my birthday..dunno wat my hubby giving me..hehee....
happy.gif

Fishball: Yup..I will definitely login on Thu nite next week:p

kk & Fishball: Hmm..we have the same taste for hair style. So how was the chat yesterday??

Hm..my sister PS was at Labrador Park...quite a nice place..me thinking of Sentosa, Telok Blangah Hill etc..my hubby said that he heard that Pierce Reservoir is quite a nice spot for PS.

enya

hi jbride:

yes yes.i received the call from her 2 .. dun think i wan to top up,cos 8R is big enuf for me, waaa .still need to top up and buy negatives ah? really top up here and there .. dunwan. i v stingy lioaz
happy.gif
what about u?

me photoshoot is one day after urs!!!!!!!
happy.gif
on 2/9/03 .. hohohoh ...so now must go gym every week!!!! design .. now collecting fotos and getting inspirations to go gym everyday!!

are

hi all... me woke up with a big smile today.. i finally signed my bridal package, and its my pre-wedding anniversary!!! had a really pleasant surprise when i visited tokyo bridal yesterday. sweetie, thanx for your mail, but my hubby decided to give tokyo a visit 1st as we had a really enjoyable talk when we met them at the exhibition.

to my really pleasant surprise, one of the lady bosses who serviced us was very accomodating, and her final quote was $1K less than what i have sourced so far! and instead of going to freelancers, which i will have to coordinate, i now have everything under one roof!!!

my final package was $3180, plus actual day photographer, and digital shots for my pre-wedding (exclude any development, i will only get the pics in a memory card), and a jaguar, plus a whole host of other things.

as i had foolishly bought two gowns before i did any homework, the lady was also so kind to offer free alteration and cleaning so i can use them for photography, plus lend me another gown. since they are so nice, i have offered to give them the gowns after my shoot.

she was very accomodating to my requirements (which i had a lot), and offers a lot of advice (which were really useful) for my unusual package.

my hubby and i walked out of the shop laughing our hearts out at the tot of saving $1K, and yet getting so much!
rofl.gif

are

amore... do you have the current issue of Wedding handbook? they have some photographers advertising in there that are pretty cheap, and some have special packages for photography and video, abt $1K. they are cheaper than those that i have sourced so far. but guess the most important is what you want. some photographers dun do journalistic style, and are more traditional. i have done some calling and got quotes, you want?

amore

are... ya have dat handbook.... can send the quotes to me?.. wanna make comparison.... send to me email [email protected] can?... thanks!

next week going down benny's and robin's studio to c c look look and discuss on our photo shoot for studio and outdoor...which is in our bridal package... but scare their actual day quite ex... so see got other option anot....

naturally

Hi Jacq!

Oh, i went later, at abt 6pm, maybe ponnie has left, i only saw Jan and biaomei...
happy.gif
I'm considering taking Jaki for studio photoshoots, with either jawn's or le galleria's package... haven't sign up yet.

Hi jbride and enya,
i visited kai yesterday, very nice gowns... so funny, i asked kat if they have any rose patterned laces, she looked at me, asked if i've seen their logo (which has a pink rose as background, with their name over it...), she said roses are their specialty, haha!! And i really didn't know, nobody here mentioned before, so i was very pleasantly surprised to see SO MANY different pretty rose laces on their gowns...
lol.gif
lol.gif

Too bad they are too expensive... well, at least i had a good time trying out the gowns at Kai!
happy.gif
And yes, kat was very friendly and patient... but as for kai, he didn't even say hello leh, so my hubby not very happy with him, hehe!

beanie

Hi Gals,

Joyful: I agree, you must check on their work in case they give you surprises. I agree that my hubby being in this line is good as we get very honest quote, they only charge a minimal fee. So I am glad I save some on the reno, but splurge on the furnitures.
wink.gif

Astrud: I agree with Joyful o the w/m cause I am using the LG brand too and is very user friendly. So I believe LG is a good buy.
happy.gif

freesia

Hi Naturally

Since u have preference for le galleria, then u like embroidery or beadings? I have gone there for viewing....must say that my hubby likes the service there....however...I'm hesitatant abt the type of gowns available....seems to me all the same....
uhoh.gif

Where is jawn bridal shop located?

I'm still hunting around....still dunno what type of design to go for.... Can you share with me what's ur deciding factor? Thanks!
happy.gif

shook

Welcome Maya n Pinkbottle
happy.gif

Jan
Sorry, my px is 4 divan set.
Can't agree more. There are thousand n one things to do. So many things, so little time
sad.gif

I oso heard dat can sleep on the bed only on wedding night. Otherwise the couple will end up being separated, either death or quarrel.

Hihi Vin
I reach office ard 7+. No pc @ home, so use office's pc. My manager sits next to me, so I can only visit tis website early in the morning or during lunch time. Sometimes I can back during weekend. Sometimes, when my manager is not ard, I quickly come in to take a peep
rofl.gif

Hihi Jazz
U add a t to your nick huh
lol.gif

If ur mattress is not delivered yet, may b u could check if Mega Mattress allows u to change to another brand.
Initially I oso thot of buying electrical appliances fm housing estate since the px is very much cheaper. H/W it only comes wif 1 yr warranty. Now dunno whether to buy fm Courts/Best wif 5 yrs warranty (more x) or those cheaper ones.

Hihi May
I m looking into
TV Toshiba TV29AZ8UE
fridge Mitsuibishi MR-V-42J-M
fridge Technogas TFV-472
Washer National NAF70AIT

Seems like Samsung is having promotion 4 it's products.

Hi Jesz,

just my inputs - My brother got his dining table (clear glass) from celini and in less than 2 yrs, a lot of scratches have appeared. You may want to think abt it before committing to have the clear glass dining table.

meow

Aree, Glad that you've found what you want. I do agree your package sounds nice with those. Especially the jaguar, MTM gows and actual day photographer. But do you know who the guy is?

Oh can i have a copy of that too? Me sourcing for it too. Thanks. Please sent to [email protected]

Wow, everyone counting down to their weddings liao huh? If i tell that to my FH, he sure say i siao one.
biggrin.gif

ava

*fainted*
happy.gif

gosh...just a few days ...
happy.gif

so many mgs
happy.gif

CONGRATS to all the Nov 1 brides
happy.gif
..... must be bursting with excitment by now!
happy.gif

i know i am although it's 7 days before the countdown begins
happy.gif

Meow, don't hv time to email the details... will do that when i return aft the hols okie?
happy.gif

C YA GALS!
happy.gif
enjoy the long wknd!
happy.gif

love,
ava