(2003) Brides of year 2003

sunnyling

Hi cathy

R you meow? So you are the 1 book with him cos I ask him to be my emcee but he say he already book on the date. Huh you already buy your Ang Boa box liao so fast me havent start on anything yet will be look for a box too hopefully can find some nice heart shape box where you bought your box? Btw when will you be going for your 1st fitting? Which restaurant have you decide on your wedding?

shook

Hihi Vin, Jazz
Nope, I din receive any. Same as Jazz not fated to c our beautiful Vin. I bet Vins' photos r nice fm the praise she received

flowee

feb

u oredi settled all u need oredi...
tats fast...
i onli managed 2 settle my banquet venue n my studio photographer...
will settle my bridal afer my guy's papers...
as 4 actual daz photographer, waitin 2 meet up with monica from vividshot...
my photography is also in june 2003...
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi feb,

yap, hubby and i had a great time on mon for
our photoshoot.
went to pulau ubin, fullerton and esplanade for
the outdoor shoots.
now waiting for fotos to be ready for choosing
kinda of excited and worried it won't turn out
well. hehehe

exam leave starts from this friday till 01 nov
gotta to study hard and then after that relax for
preparation for my big day in Jan 03
btw, which bridal studio u sign up with?
happy.gif

hi flowee,

oh, so love nest ready soon huh?
then wld be cleaning up and then weekends can
be spend there liao. :p

wld be on leave for 2 weeks' so please update
me hor!
happy.gif

maybe after my exam, i can visit your new place.

Y

yi

hi cherry,

i understand how u feel but guess the more we look
forward to it, time fly slower so i kind of relax
and wait lor. hehehehe

oic, u choose "branded" photographer is like that
lah, mine is a one-stop bridal studio so we can
request for the date lor.
happy.gif

o, so u got your wedding cards already ah?
where u booked your banquet hah?
my food-tasting oso haven't fixed, probably in end
nov or dec lor.
guess, the worst thing abt wedding is the guest
list so thats the headache part which i would
start after my exams. :p

btw, i wld be on leave for 2 weeks from this fri
onwards to study for exams so you gotta keep this
thread active okay? hehehe
then u can update me when i come back mah!
happy.gif

gotta concentrate on my final exams. :p

piggy

Hi gals,

me married for a week liao...hehe...kekekeke...manage to lose 7kg...frens do c a change lor....now, trying hard to maintain.....v the difficult le...hubby oso suan me...he said that i sure cannot tahan one...kekeke....

hi 1027,

now, me can take a breather for a while first...had my rom liao...and my chalet last week...now, is the reno...but designer on leave...coming back in mid Nov...meanwhile, i can go ard window shopping for my stuff frst lor...hehe...then to decide on the bridal oso..tot of taking pics first before my weight come back again
sad.gif

Hi Bride2003,

welcome!

i was on slimming pills for 4 months..prescibed by doc one...quite ex..but hubby sponsor half...hehe....nids to exercise at least 3 times per week.....ya, cutting on carbo does help...usually, my carbo comes from breakfast, then a simple lunch....if hungry in the late afternoon, i will drink some milk lor...dinner will be oni fruits la, and some dishes, no rice of cos...

juz sth to take note la, if u gals are aiming to lose > 5kg weight...better apply some firming gel during the slimming process...i used the Ellancyl Cellu-Stop...my skin becomes smoother liao...and it tones up the skin oso le...it oso induces u to sweat a lot while doin exercise...intro one of my fren to use it...she's crazy over it now...kekekeke...

K

kk

Hi Yi Jie,

Today only managed to study 3 chapters.. keke.. going for tuition soon, then dinner with hubby tonite. Looks like i am still in "playing" mood :p

Hi Flowee Jie,

kkk says he want to save up for next year, so he prefer to be here. Thinking about that, quite true lor, coz next year will really cost a bomb. Need to spend on a lot of things.

Glad that u have settled with what u want. So when are u going for gown selection and etc? I have decided to have photoshoot in June coz i think that month is the most free time i will be having.

cherry

Hi Yi,

Yah, the more we look forward to it, the slower it comes by.

I have not got my wedding cards yet. just sent for printing. i'd booked Orient Ocean at Miramer Hotel. ya...the worst thing abt it is the guest list, can you imagine, one quarter of my guests comes from my mum's frens. that's what i'm worried of.

wow 2 weeks leave, so good....keke work hard for your exams ok?? when you come back, share with us your photos ok??

twiiti

hi flowee,

i finally decided on the date!! PHEW!!!
June 22nd 2003 will be 'THE' day

i'm currently choosing my hotels...
wat do u tink of the these?
Merchant Court, Hyatt, Hotel Intercon and Shagri-la

now left w the bridal boutique and the actual day photographer and videographer..

anyone have any recommendations?

Y

yi

hi cherry,

thatz true, so let just chit chat with each other
and look forward to our Big Day together.
happy.gif

o, so u not getting the invitation card from your
restaurant? u printing your own? expensive?

my dinner wld be at merchant court. my parents
taking 10 tables, me and hubby probably 12 tables
and the rest my PIL's. so gotta settle the guest
list and table seating too.
happy.gif

btw, which bridal studio u signed up with?

sure, wld study hard coz last exam mah! :p
hopefully wld be able to see my photos by this
week. hehehe me anxious lah.
but oso dun wanna spend too much leh.
got friends spending between S$7k to 10k on fotos
real scared! :p

meow

sunnyling,

As explained. We are the same person. I started off as public posting before register with them.

Me bought my box in thailand. I jus came back yesterday night. They have lots of designs there, even twin hearts in pink too. But the one i bought is a single heart in white colour and red roses line up in a heart on the front. The heart is standing unlike those self-made that lying flat ones (if u understand). Then it have a slot on the top where and bao are place in and at the back there's a heartshape opening to retrive the ang bao. Its very nice.

Got one guest book too for my sis's wedding, but she say she has hers so i'll keep it for myself. It has a similar look as the box too. Now then realise can put photo too. I'm lending the box for my sister wedding too. This box cost me S$10.50 same for the guest book.
happy.gif

Spotlight in orchard point also have heart shape boxes thats brown in colour. Giftland also have heart shape box which has colour wrapers wrap with $9.50 if i didn't remember wrongly. Think you may need to self deign it.
happy.gif
I bought some paper roses from them too. Its the same roses on my box. If u want can sells some to you. Very cheap and nice but only buy a few colours.

I buy these things earlier cos dun think i'll go there next year, so try to buy some stuffs from there, its cheaper.

I'll be selecting my ROM early nex month. Not even choose my wedding gown yet. Says it will be 8 months before actual.

My dinner is held at Brilliant Garden at Chevrons(SAF club house).

lyne

Hi Cherry & Yi,

My albums will only be ready in Dec. Nothing to show lah
happy.gif

The shots were well taken and those I selected were close-up ones as well as those looking at the camera. I think hubby & I looked natural and the photos were nice.

I took the 70 shots because they are for keeps. Think everyone looks great in such photos. The wonders of a good camera and make-up.

cherry

Hi Yi,

yup, let's just chit chat till our BIG DAY! and sometimes i wonder, what will happen after the big day, when all our preps comes to an end.

My restaurant is printing the cards for us, save $$.

I'm with Flamingo, will be going for my final fit on 01st Nov, this sat will go for fitting of shoes at leapin lizard.

wow $7k to $10k for photos very ex leh, she must have a lot of very nice photos to gaga over, that's why she choose so much! look on the brigher side, if you really spend so much on the photos, it also means your photos are fantastic!!

i've got a fren who was so disppointed at her photos that she don't know which to choos

flowee

hi twii

congrates 4 fixin ur weddin date durin ur disappearance... :p

the hotels which u mentioned i heard from many gd comments on mc food...
heard tat hyatt dishes improved quite a lot...
will b attendin a weddin dinner @ hyatt in nov can onli feedback then...
shangrila a bit out of the way 4 ur guests...
as 4 hotel intercon, heard nice view from the bridal suit able 2 c ur guests when u look dn...
perhaps u can check them out 1st b4 commitin on 1...
its best 2 call n check with them if ur date is still available b4 headin dn...
dun wana u 2 waste ur trip...

as 4 bridal, i had checked out more than a handful n decided 2 engage amanada lee weddin...
n also signed up with utopia 2 do my studio shots...
btw wats ur budget???

Hi bride2003, no lah, i'm not doing the photoshoot to save $$. It's just that i dun like taking studio photos, and eventually let the album sit in the drawer to collect dust ...

Hi Piggy

CONGRATS ! So how's it like being married?
I was definitely not used to calling his parnets mum & dad instead of "uncle & aunty" ....

WHOA !!! 7kg !!! that's alot ! was the slimming pil xenical??
Hmm, sounds v enticing but my hub prefers me to do more exercise then to depend on pills. I'm also off carbo for dinner. What do u mean by simple lunch? are you referring to noodles in soup?

How much does the Ellancyl Cellu-stop cream cost?

serene

Hello to everyone,
I am getting married in Oct03 too
happy.gif
to be exact is 24Oct
Just book my package at Holiday Inn, seemed like so much to do. Worse thing is that I seemed to eat alot recently, dunno izit becos of stress ...hehee
happy.gif

Where can I purchase the Ellancyl Cellu-stop cream, think I need to do more exercises, my sister and hubby said that I have put on weight liao...

Serene

piggy

i havent change the greetings yet le..they more traditional type le...tink we will change the greetings after customary lor....

ya, 7kgs in 4 mths!..i was on reductil...bot it at $135, 4 weeks' supply...it wont cause me to hv insomia, compared to others in the market lor..i will still feel hungry but the pill effect makes me full after a few bite. My hubby hv to clear up for me lor...hehe...lucky he din put on weight...the pills oso made me thirsty all the time lor...everytime, looking for water! ;p

yep, try to take soupy lunch lor....and eat lots of fruits...doc said i can still indulge in big meals (eg. buffet), but oni once in a blue moon lor....at times, i juz take fruits and milk for lunch...cos buy proper lunch, usually cant finish le..wasteful ma....

They are actually having promo now...buy one get one free at Guardian Pharmacy @ $57.90...some outlets out of stock liao..think ppl are storing up..one bottle lasts u 14 days lor.. apply those area that u wana reduce/tone...never on the breasts hor!..unless u wana them to be smaller, but i tink ur hubby sure object one ;p....

Guardian said that this promo will last til end of the year...while stock lasts lor...i saw Suntec's branch still having them...u can go there and c c....

Hi Serene

Welcome to the thread and congratulations !!

Heh heh ... me too. My house reno completed about 1 month ago, and i immed went to buy a fridge to stock up on ice-cream, supposedly for my hub since i'm on a diet. But when he eats, he'll feed me some at the same time .... aiyoh, vicious cycle ah!! Maybe dat's why i dun seem to be able to lose weight. sigh ...

Heh heh ... 25 Oct was my one of my choices for wedding dates since it was the same date many years ago that my parents in law got married, but after my mum in law checked the almanac, she said it wasn't such a good date. Besides, she also said she didn't want to wait so long ...

What made u decide on 24Oct?

Holiday Inn ... is that the one behind Meridien?

Come talk more often on this thread. I'm getting more and more excited abt the wedding that i've started my personal calender on what to do and when. One thing's for sure is to exchange for new notes and get new ang pows from the banks during chinese new year in 2003 !

bombom

hi gals!

have decided on hotel, bridal n actual day photographer... very the ks hor? but better plan early to allow for any hiccups i guess!!!
happy.gif

having a hard time deciding on my studio/outdoor photographer... aiyah... wedding planning real headache man!!!
sad.gif

but actually very excited about the BIG day... do you gals realise it's only about a year away where we'll be stuck with the same "baboon" for the rest of our lives???
smile.gif

piggy

sth to add..i think Loreal juz came up with sth similar...one tube is abt $30 plus...saw it in Sasa....it claimed to hv effects after 8 days!..i might wana go try that oso...kekeke...

for the Ellancyl...once reduced weight after using...hv to maintain hor...or else the weight will come back in a while...hv intro my colls oso, they c the effect after 14 days...but after x'mas and CNY, all gained back...kekeke..all cant resist all the good food ma....hehe.....

dolphie

Hi pucca75,

I'm still getting ideas from magazines and quite like the idea of embroideries and beadings together, but not over the entire gown. Still not sure how to fit in the ideas though.

And most likely a bustier A-line.

How about you? Have you already settled your design?

meow

bombom,
Do you think we should really engage our actual day photographer now? Any one got any comments? Is it a bit early? Even so, will the prices change then?

bombom, have you found the place to hold your wedding banquet? I jus heard from my sis that one of her friends date happen to fall on the same date as i am. Most of the places she had shortlisted were all taken up. Think you better start looking into that first.
happy.gif

Ladies,
Anyone ever keep each others personal contacts or orgainse any gathering for Nov 03 brides?

beibei

Hi pucca 75,

In my earlier thread,I already mentioned my MTM gown will be bustier,Can Can and with long train.Mine is white color gown.Will be trying early next month!

This will be my dream gown!
happy.gif

minmin

hi everyone

me a dec bride-to-be too! just managed to book my dinner at marina mandarin .. now scouting around for bridal boutiques! pls give me some feedback on kai, ted wu, emmanuel, le galleria and tan yoong! i dun want to go round and round, later i get confused, like what happened to me when it came to the choice of hotel venues! ;P

very exciting!!!! ;P

S

sj

Hi Hi, my wedding is on the 6 Sept as well...;-)
Since it's the 1st week of Sept, juz wanna find out wen u think is the best time to send out the invitation cards since the month b4 is the "7th" month...

ling

elaine,

me koi fish also. but not i feed them.
happy.gif

you have hamster also ah. so cute. but i am scare of them. dun ask me why..

sep03 and bjiou,

i go to the singapore swimming club gym. anyway, i've cancelled today lesson cos i just come back from m'sia. it cost 250 for 5sessions.

i think they will do something and fit to my criteria whether i want to lose weight or tone up. it also comes in 10 and 20 sessions but the instructor says 5 is enough for me. but if still cannot make it, then they will do a few more foc. if still cannot make it, then will do 10 seesions. anyway, they are always there.

feb- i also with hilarion goh. cheers
happy.gif

fluffy

Hi gals,

Wah, u gals so active during the day...me so beezee at work that got no time to surf...can only log in at nite.
sad.gif

Cherry - u so lucky, restaurant printing cards for u, me running all round the island to find a reasonable printer....

Yi - wow, ur photoshoot so happening...go pulau ubin for photoshoot...I have chosen my photos oredi...I chose 61 photos out of 128!! Luckily signed up for digital photography instead of analogue...so can choose unlimited no of photos!!

Me getting quite stressed out, trying to finish all my preparation for my wedding by the end of november becos I will be away for 2 weeks in December. Then when i come back in Jan will be very busy with the year end closing (me work in accounts line)...hope that I won't look so tired on my actual day...

sep03

Hi JL, SJ and peachcooler...

Our date is 6 Sep!...hhmm...will send out invites b4 the start of 7th month and do rsvp in that month....

bride2003

hi serene,

ur wedding date is 2 days before mine!!! Urs is a friday rite? kekeeke... actually we like fridays. But too bad, our good date happen to fall on a sunday
happy.gif

Looks like we have all put on weight here.. keeke... me also trying to control diet, but difficult. Hope i continue to exercise.

heee..i was shocked when u say want to collect the ang pow packets.. hahaah.. after that then i know why u say that :p To "bao" ang pow for those sisters, etc rite?

I am also very very excited about the whole thing. Oh Gosh! But are we over-excited about it? kekekee... now i really can't wait to go try my gowns and start everything rolling next year.

jazz

Vin, thanks! Maybe, you might want to change the title of your email?

Dun worry abt not pretty, brides-to-be are always pretty!!!
happy.gif

gwen

Hi march,

Hee, I'm also leaving out the smaller electrical items and the nitty gritty. Good thing is, we can get friends and relatives to get us those smaller items for house warming. Then they'll have practical things to give and we can save money. *Hee hee*

sue

Hi Shook, Jazz & Jan: I've fwd the emails to u gals, but Jazz I got a returned mail from yr account. I've tried sending it again. Pls check.

jbride

hi minmin
10033.gif

when's your wedding?
i've booked my package with kai during the show...but i've not visited their boutique yet
happy.gif

as for Ted Wu, i've visited their shop & tried on 2 gowns...their workmanship is good & if u like emboidery, he's good
happy.gif

i'll drop by tml to chat again...gotta sleep
10034.gif

jazz

Sue, hmm... that's strange, but I did receive your msg. But thanks very much, I finally managed to view Vin's picts!
happy.gif

Vin, you look very lovely and great! The polaroid shots are surprisingly good. Did you get the photographer to shoot using the polaroid camera?

I second Sue's thoughts. I think you look very good with your hair bun up, esp the picts in the wedding gown.
happy.gif

bombom

hi meow!
i very ks lah!!!
happy.gif
but actually it was cause one of my top choices was taken for our date.... that's what scared me into booking early! didn't want to end up getting a photographer we didn't really want... as for prices, dun think will vary much! economic recession lah!!!
but i think that u shouldn't rush into booking without checking out those you like. we actually went to see about five before making our decision!!!

have actually booked our banquet already cause was told that end of the year very popular... thanks!!!
happy.gif

feb

Hi flowee

Ya lor..At least now dun really have to worry on those things anymore..just relax liao and wait for my first appointment with my designer.

Hi Yi

Dun worry..believe all will turn out well for you.I sign up with Jazreel Low Collection.

Hi Ling

Glad to learn that u have made the same choice with me..Hee Hee..Then whom did you take up for your videographer?

lorraine

Hi gals,
I am new to this thread.
Hi bride2003,
my wedding is on the same day as you. where are you having your wedding dinner? How did you manage to choose this date? Mine was chosen by a fengshui master. My house is not ready yet. I think I will be burnt out before the big day.
sad.gif

Y

yi

hi lyne,

glad tat ur fotos turn out well.
must be very impressed by the fotos huh?
me not photogenic type so kind of scare that the
fotos wun turn out well leh!
sad.gif

hi cherry,

sure, we shall keep in touch till our big day!
btw, i'll be on leave for 2 weeks to study for
my exams so anything just msg me at 96824256
(think it shd be safe to leave my no. here).

I'm wif j&c bridal collections and i've been to
4 fittings b4 photoshoot so i guess no more
fitting from now till nearer to my wedding day.
o, i bought my wedding shoes at OG at S$31.90 so
dun need to tailor-made lor.

just wondering when i wld get to c my fotos leh!
hehehe
happy.gif

hi fluffy,

o, u so busy ah?
ya lor, went pulau ubin to take my outdoor shoots.
u? which bridal studio u are with?
digital photography? so how much u pay?

dun be so stressed out okay?
must look pretty on your BIG day!
happy.gif

flowee

feb

when is ur 1st appt with ur designer???
hv a dream gown in mind???
i made up my mind 2 sign up with amanda lee...
paid her a visit last nite 2 equiry over some stuff...
comfortable with her...
happy.gif

oredi hv a foto shot date scheduled in june 2003...
pai seh when is ur weddin date ah???

ling

y scare of hamster???
scare they bit u ah???
i hate the feelin bein bitten by them...

tintin

Hi minmin.

Welcome to join us.
happy.gif
Actually you can see my opinion that I posted on 08 oct on some of your shortlisted boutique.

Hope it helps.

sunnyling

Meow

Thanks for your offer but I havent decide anything on my box yet I let you know then. I also havent book any actual photographer yet cos my hubby say I too KS so maybe next year then book. I will go on my grown 1st fitting only 2day but I wun decide anythink so fast cos scare I regret as it still got long way to go just go there and see which type of design suit me the best then go back do research on magazine.

Nobody had organise any outing on NOV 03 brides leh but I am meeting those BZ brides for outing 2molo it out 3rd or 4th outing liao. Maybe we should organise the outing?

bombom

So where had you book your bridal package and banquet? Ya next year is a popular year for marriage and it advertise on the newspaper also so we must be KS a bit .

ling

feb, my videographer is Adrian (videolane)

flowee, i am just scare of them loh. no reason why. i have not touch them before as well.

cldc75

Hi Flowee,

congratulation! finally finalized your bridal package! amanda's a good choice yah can take bom suggestion to have embroidery and crystal together (that's what i am aiming for too!)
happy.gif

I saw utopia's pixs during the BV show seems not bad leh...his promotion ending this weekend right? think i still got time to meet him hor?

flowee

hi cldc

tks 4 droppin mi a note...
happy.gif

i supposed coz she used 2 b from silh...
oredi learnt the skills durin her stay there...

glad u like travis 2...
yah u can booked appt with him b4 headin dn...
can call him @ 62259297 c if u can c him 2nite or nt lor...
still hv time 2 consider mah since promotion ends on sat...

poki went dn on tue n travis mentioned 2 her the promotion is extended again till this sat...
i signed up last sat...
oredi bein scheduled a date 4 my fotoshot... :p

hi bride2003,

yup, the new notes and ang pows are for the helpers, the nieces and nephews etc. Both my hub and i got a fair share of younger siblings / nieces and nephews, so tea ceremony sure kenah. Damn xiong .... i think of all the $$$ that goes into it i heartache already.

Yes yes! i'm very excited, esp when i see more and more people joining this thread!

WELCOME LORRAINE !!! Dun worry, u won't burn out so easily wan ... esp since you're going to be the bride. Take it as a diet program lor .... i worked so hard during my reno that i actually lost weight. But now that the house is ready, i've promptly put all the weight back by eating ice-cream. alamak...

What a co-incidence that you're both having your weddings on the same day! Any particular reasons for choosing that date?