(2003) Brides of year 2003

cherry

Hi gals,

Lyne - you must look very pretty in your photos to be able to choose so much!! at least you got to get your album in dec, i wonder when will i get mine when i took the photos so late.

Fluffy - don't get stress out!! you need to rest a lot at home if you are stress or go for facial or massage or simply chat with us to destress. I'm sure there are lots of good reccomendation of printers by the gals in this forum. Since yours is digital photos, does the photographer returns your photos in a cd as well??

Yi - you are so daring to leave your no. here! btw, when you are at p.ubin, do you have to walk a lot? tiring?? i'm worried abt the distance i have to cover if i go botanic gdns. you are seeing your photos soon rite??

you can also contact me at [email protected] (not so brave to leave my no. here ;

cldc75

i asked my hubby whether he want to visit or not den call travis. thnx flowee
happy.gif

Y

yi

hi feb,

thanks for your encouragement
me oso hoping tat my fotos wld turn out well
coz me not very photogenic lah.
sad.gif

dun know when i can c them leh.
real excited to c the outcome. hehehe

Y

yi

hi cherry,

no lah, think itz ok to leave my nos. with u gals mah! ;p
no lah, go pulau ubin dun have to walk alot coz
the photographer arrange for a minibus to feeder
us ard the island to the places he wants to take
pics of lor. so itz quite fast coz he know where
to go!
happy.gif

itz a nice experience!
hopefully, i will get to see my pics by this week
coz i really anxiously to c them leh.
but so far no calls from my coordinator leh.
sad.gif

twinklets

hulo ladies
happy.gif

wow so many updates now ..
happy.gif

bombom,
u not kiasu lar.. i'm also too..
biggrin.gif
it is always better to prepare earlier than last minute mah, rite?
happy.gif

I've also done most stuffs except the booking of my banquet. Still deciding whether to take Holiday Inn Park View or Otani package ..

Sunnyling,
thanks for ur welcome!
happy.gif

wow .. i dunno next year is actually a popular year to marry.. let's hope next yr economy will be better.. so angbao will be better too.. kekeke...
lame.gif

twink|ets ~

K

kk

Hi Lorraine,

Ur wedding date same as mine?? That's good!! kekekee... my date is also specially picked by a zai gu whom we known for many years. My brothers' wedding dates were all picked by her few years ago too.

I am having my wedding dinner at Qianxi restaurant (farrer Park). Just booked with them 2-3 weeks ago. What about urs?

Where will ur love nest be?

Have u signed up with bridal shop already?

Hi 1027,

hahaa.. my hubby's side also got many young kids from malaysia. His parents were previously malaysians and convert to singapore citizens long time ago. But they still have a lot of malaysian relatives, same as my side.

How come u work so hard during reno? hahaa..During my reno, me and my hubby just drop by on weekends to see see look look. The id never let us worry. We just have some things for him to change that's all. i dun seem to lose weight no matter how busy i am.. hahaa.. i work hard and eat hard too!

Ice cream no longer my favourite.. haha.. dunno why. I never stock up ice cream. Only occasionally bought yogurt. But sometimes when i am crazy, we will go eat haagen dazz :p

For me, no particular reason to choose that date lor. Just happen to fall on that.. kekee... and my guo da li is set to be approximately 1 mth before actual day. Coz we need to deliver the biscuits and invitation cards personally to malaysia, so need more time.

cherry

Hi Yi,

wow, got minibus to ferry you ard, so cool! i'm sure your photos will turn out well. with all those greenary.

oh ya, you'll be on leave from tomolo onwards rite? good luck in your exams and hope to see you back on Nov 1.

vin

HI Jazz,

The polaroids is just for me to see my make-up and design. They use camera with negative. And took some of my photo by digital camera but just for them to keep...
happy.gif

I will with bun up hair-do as well. Emm.. should say, different hair-do gv me diff look and feeling..
happy.gif

E

el

Hi minmin,

Welcome! Don't worry about choosing, there's many brides here who will give you advise. Which date have you chosen?

feb

Hi Yi

Dun worry..have confident in your photographer
wink.gif

Hi flowee

Will meet up with the designer after CNY..still no idea what type of gown i want leh..
My wedding date is 8/11/2003

flowee

feb

nov bride 2 b ah congrates...
happy.gif

wow u oredi signed up with ur bridal oredi...
i hvnt signed up with amanda yet...
will drop by soon!!!

serene

Hello to 1027,Bride2003,piggy,lorraine and those that i missed out
happy.gif

ConGratulations to ALL too!!

1027: Yes, Holiday Inn is behind Starrhub building
happy.gif

Hmm, choose by an old auntie in the temple (mum brought me there cos we want to find a auspicious date for customary) Hmm, she needs all the sheng xiao of both parents plus us to calculate a suitable date lor.

Anyway, we didn't mind cos it is FRI
happy.gif
wanted to hold it on my birthday but the date was taken up lor.

Hmm..me thinking of losing more weight on my most problematic area....hehhee...got big bum lor though pple always say: Big BUM can give birth to more...kekeke
happy.gif
)

Will be staying at SengKang..now still renovating my hse...getting married is not easy, so much preparation work and $$

wabbit

Hi
joyful: mi been bz @work - will drop u an email later.

dolphine: yes, it's definitely a relief. glad that I can move ahead with my plans. btw, i've been toying the idea of a A-line bustier for a WG too....hehe, great minds think alike huh :p

angel

Hi to all,
Im new to this thread, hope to get some feedback on the wedding preparation. Coincidentally, my wedding date is same as bride2003 - 26 Oct.
Heard a number of gals out there is having a slimming campaign for the BIG day.. ironically, Im trying to gain more weight as Im tall and underweight leh... I do eat a lot but seems like im carrying family gens....what should i do?

Y

yi

hi gals,

i wld be on leave for 2 weeks' to study for my
exams so i wun be dropping by the forum.
but surely will come back after my exams.
by then, i can really relaxed and look 4ward to
my wedding. and by then shd have seen my fotos
liao lah. :p
will update u gals then.
meanwhile, take care.
happy.gif

hi flowee,

must update me on the progress here hah? :p
keep in touch thru sms

hi kk mei,

study hard too!
sms me hor.
happy.gif

good luck hah!

feb

Hi flowee

10Q.Congrats to u as well. If I am not wrong, yrs is in Sept 03, right?

Me having headache lor..dun know wat to choose n wat type of magazine to look at.So many design and all of them are so pretty..

As mine is a MTM package, my co-ordinator was telling me to have diff.pattern for both my wedding and evening gown. For exmaple maybe can have can can style for wedding gown and a flowy type (which i like) for evening gown. Wat do u think?

Y

yi

hi cherry,

yap, got minibus to ferry if not think walk until
siao eh! :p
i sure hope so.
itz not just greenery, we took fotos with lalang,
bum boat, rubber plantation, attap houses, the
seafront etc. :p

yap, me on leave till 02 nov to study
u msg me lor!
thanks for your well-wishes. :p

twiiti

hi flowee,

thanks!!

very excited now...got a lot to plan but duno wat to plan first..

my friend recommended Santiago from Bugis..

have anyone been there? good or not?

my budget abt 3k.

how much is urs flowee for amanda lee and utopia?

meow

Huh??? Do we need to get photographer so early? Any recomendations for actual day and for ROM? Me wondering if i should ask my friend to do it or engage pro?

J

j&c bride

Hi Yi, can I know if u had discussed with the photographer where to go for your outdr shoot in advance or jus on the photoshoot day itself?

L

little ant

hihi ...

anyone signed up package with bridal zone?? are they part of everbliss???

A

aa

flowee,

I think I'm pretty slow. Only settled the banquet. The rest not at all.

JL,

I'll be going for the Emanuel B show at Hyatt this Sunday.

flowee

yi

sure will update u if there's any unusual news... :p

feb

yah a sept 2003 bride...
urs???
shd b end of the yr rite???

its better 2 hv 2 diff style 4 WG n EG if nt might look a bit borin lor...
its a once in a lifetime affair muz try diff style mah...
happy.gif

twii

my gf she is with santiago some yrs back...
dun hv any feedback on the recent ones...
y dun u try whitelink n yvonne creation???
amanda lee is @ $3790 n utopia @ 2.1k...

flowee

aa

i managed 2 decide on my bridal...
so glad i finali made up my mind...
will b signin up with them soon...
btw which bridal r u interested???

lorraine

Hi bride2003 and Angel,
So three of us have the same date for wedding.
happy.gif
My dinner will be at le meridien. Yup, I have chosen the bridal boutique but thinking of changing. If I change, I have to forfeit my 1K deposit. my new place is in Yishun. Its an EC. Which bridal boutique have you chosen?

hi Angel,
What abt you? Where will you be holding your dinner?

abrinas

Hi all, sorry for not replying earlier as quite busy with work.

Hi Dolphie
I am having my church wedding at the church I am attending - Telok Ayer Methodist Church at Amoy Street - an old traditional church. Are you having a church wedding too?

Hi Pucca75 and Joyful
You all find it is a little early too?
embarrassed.gif
Actually I was thinking might be a little early but my figure not very good so I was thinking of MTM. I want to do a good deed by going to the bridal shop earlier so as to give them more time to make the WG and EG.
lol.gif

Anyway, they take about a month to make, then alterations etc so probably final one only end of Dec or beginning of Jan, so just nice.
happy.gif

abrinas

Hi Privileged
Was actually thinking of early Nov but bridal shop says might be very crowded during that time, that's why.
Anyway, from the 28th, only 4 days more to Nov.
lol.gif

My actual day photographer is a friend's friend who is free-lancing but have not booked him yet. Quite reasonable - $350 for service (ie. following us ard) n $35/roll. Does VCD too - you know the show for guests in the ballroom - additional charge of $35 (i think). Have not confirmed the price yet for this.

As for catering - too early I guess.

Thinking of making own wedding favors n still cracking head + looking at magazines for ideas.

Currently making a ring pillow.

cherry

hi j&c bride,

i believe that Yi has gone on her study leave for 2 weeks and she's not able to access the forum at home. When's your photoshoot??

sunnyling

hi little ant

I sign with bridal zone and I dun think so that that are part of everbliss. Maybe you can go to bridal boutique thread Bridal Zone - IMM to chat with us there. Alot of bridal zone brides of over there they can give you a clearer vision

joyful

Hi Wabbit,

Thanks alot! Hear from you soon then!
happy.gif

Hi Abrinas,

Guess, it's ok to go down earlier and get it settled once and for all....yeah, for myself, thot of going down to see the gowns earlier rather than Jan as planned earlier on.
Wow, you can make the ring pillow? Is it simple? Yeah, me too, need to get one for the church wedding and they are not cheap,,,,care to share how more on this DIY ring pillow?
lol.gif

K

kk

Hi Yi jie,

take care hor, study hard and soon it'll be over! I will study hard too! Gambatte!
Will sms u of course
happy.gif

Hi Feb,

i agree with ur designer and flowee jie lor. On one occasion during my ex colleague's wedding dinner at noble house, her WG and EG are almost the same design. And worse still, one is white and the other is white cum light yellow. So when she came out in her EG, everybody was asking "she got changed clothes meh??" :p

bride2003

angel,

i pass some fats to u ok? kekekekee... *sigh* u see lah, so unfair wan, those want to get fatter always remain thin and those who want to slim down not able to do so *SIGH*

we have the same wedding date. yes!!! Looks like this date is really auspicious and popular
happy.gif

so have u settled ur dinner venue and bridal shop?

Lorraine,

why the change in bridal boutique? U not happy with it? When i had my rom, i took my rom dress from my bridal shop too. So far service very good. I signed up with fame bridal @ tampines. but recently they shifted to upper serangoon and renamed as "wedding affairs". If u are interested, can pop by and take a look
happy.gif

serene,

me not only big bum, but want to get rid of flabby arms and tummy lor. Not serious lah, but can do better without them lor. Less little meat will be perfect
happy.gif

A

aa

flowee, which one did u sign up with? i'm interested in the following for the time being..

- allure charix
- federick lee
- kai
- tan yoong

do give me any opinions if any.

u also settled ur banquet? where? mine is at grand copthorne becos it's v. near my place and me and hubby frequent the lounge there and most importantly, he proposed to me there.

right now shopping for ID first. i've rented out my flat till may next yr.

flowee

aa

i onli visited frederick n kai from ur list...
frederick is pretti nice but seems like he is buz with somethin durin my visit...
din get 2 try his gowns...

as 4 kai, i wld like 2 sign up with them if i hv tat kinda of money 2 spare...
coz i signed up directli with my studio photographer cant get their bridal package with inclusiver studio photography...
their ala carte is @ 4.6k excludin man's suit...

its best u make an appt n check out the bridal u had shortlisted...
tok 2 the designer n hv a feel of their gowns...
happi bridal shoppin...

mayb u can consider visitin amanda lee???
she used 2 b frm silh...

holdin my dinner @ noble hse...
he proposed 2 u in public...
so sweet of him...
happy.gif

u will b rentin ur place out???
i dun 'bear' 2 let others stay in my place b4 myself...
furthermore i dun think any1 wana 2 rent flat which is located @ sk... :p

A

aa

flowee,

i like gowns that are extraordinary looking and feel. initially i quite like a simple bustier with maybe emboideries. but after attending a few wedding i notice that most brides hv quite simple gowns. nothing eye catching i would say. for me, my taste is rather extreme. i like to be out of the norm kind. not really dramatic but at least elaborate enough to feel special. i guess those that i've shortlisted definitely meet my requirements. as for allure charix i was impressed with their evening gown during last year's show.

most probably we would take up memphis or wizards of light for photography. utopia, o studio, etc are not too bad too. but like what i say, everyone is having them, from the pic u can tell who the photographer is already. i dont like it. i want something different from others. something that's only unique to myself.

no he did not propose to me in public. it was my birthday last yr. we stayed a night in grand copthorne. that's when and where he proposed to me. we ROMed early this year.

we've got a resale flat in town (cant stand staying so far away). since we're going to tear down everything and rebuild everything, therefore i dont really mind to rent out and let others stay before us. the previous owner has renovated some years ago, still new. but it was not our taste kind of interior. so we tot of renting it out for a yr first before we tear down, wont feel so wasted. anyway, it's good money. we can get back as much as 13K at the end of the rental. that shld be sufficient to cover our bridal, photography, ang bao for helpers, buffet lunch for the tea ceremony, making of our own inv cards for friends, and other miscellaneous small cost.

A

aa

flowee,

just kpo-ing. how old are u n ur hubby? how did u 2 get to know each other? how long hv u 2 been together. how did he propose to u? when did u rom? since ur renovation is almost done. are u 2 going to stay together first? which bridal did u book with? i heard from friends who had his wedding some years ago at noble hse that the food there is great. i guess that's also the reason y u decided there. are u still going for any bridal show since u've settled ur banquet n bridal package?

hello everyone!

looks like we're all getting hyped up about our weddings !!! this time next year we'll all be v v v busy with last minute preparations, if not already married by then ... mine is on 04 Oct. Also supposed to be a v auspicious date, but so far none other brides here have the same wedding date as me.

har??angel ahh .... u v lucky !!!
i'm slightly above average height, but my weight is certainly not average !!! put on weight easy lah ... eat and sleep, eat ice cream, dun exercise etc. How i wish i was in your position !!

wah, can't wait for friday to end. damn sian already ... tonight going to my own home to sleep. semi excited, macam like going little kid going to chalet like dat ...

oops, forgot to welcome Angel to the thread. Congrats Angel !!

ling

hi aa,

i have been to see the gowns at Allure Charix with my sis few weeks back. the setup seems ok but i feel that they are ok only. the wedding gown is not that special. However, I do agree that some of their evening gown are stunning.

my SiL sign up with frederick lee 2 years back. they are not bad also. If you are going to sign up with Kai or Tan Yoong, you should be quite safe cos' the standard is there. I heard this from my photographer.

L

little ant

hi sunnyling .. thanks .. btw when is your wedding?? what package did you sign up with them?? have you gone for any appointment??

flowee

aa

convery ur msg with the designer u visited...
ask them 2 suggest...
i m sure u will find ur ideal bridal among the many we hv in sg...
happy.gif

i share the same sentiments...
dun wish 2 hv those common photographers...
can tell who is the photographer by 1 look...
u koe i was @ bv show last fri...
saw this pixs by andrew choi...
without checkin out the name card attached i oredi figure out who took the pixs... :p
gonna communciate withe my studio photorgrapher in other 2 tell a diff story 4 my studio album...

he proposed 2 mi after we booked a date 4 our rom...
proposed on v'daz this yr with a bouquet of my favourite roses on bended knee outside my bedrm...
parents n sis asleep oredi... :p
romed in mar this yr...

its a pretti gd idea 2 rent out ur place...
will onli reno mths b4 ur weddin rite???

my guy is 2 yrs my senior ( m 26 this yr ) thru my gf...
been with him since poly dazs...
next yr will b the 7th yr oredi... :p
wont b stayin in my love nest 4 the time bein onli will drop by durin wkends...
treatin it like our wkend chalet...

i m more in2 imperium but their rates r pretti ex 4 a restaurant...
prices starts from $638+++...
i booked my dinner durin imperium n xzen bridal show...
will enjoy a 15% disc since mine is a wkdaz dinner...
had chosen noble hse coz of its location, gd food n able 2 take up 2 55 tables...
we r lookin @ ard 35 tables which most of tunglok restaurant aint able 2 cater 4...

will b gettin amanda lee weddin as my bridal...
hvnt signed up with her yet coz my guy hvin papers next wk...

wont b attendin any bridal show from nw onwards...
gonna check out actual daz photographer...

u wana 2 do reply 2 all the qns u asked mi???
sounds like some sdu thing... :p

oct

hi, me also same date.26 oct 03
me dinner is at oriental.
any comment on the bridal shop to recommend??how is kai?

J

j&c bride

hi cherry, tks for informing. my photoshoot is in nov. jus wanted to check what's the arrangement made for her in case the shop told me otherwise...

sunnyling

Hi little ant

My wedding is 14 nov 03 and I sign up a MTM WG and EG package with them. Last night just go for my 1st appointment but havent choose a grown I like maybe still got a long way to go they ask me not to commit 1st cos the fashion might change next year.