(2002) Brides of year 2002

dance40

Hi Bluechin,

wow, your wedding day is my birthday.
So nice. I actually wanted to select that day but......you know lah, it's like parents getting married.....so i ended up in the date that the fortune teller mentioned. even my ideal ROm date change.

Hi Angeline,

I hope so lor.
I'm having a trial make up as soon as my gown is ready. So by then I should be able to see. Worst come to worst, ask a friend to do it for me lor.
Getting tied with budget now.

Irene

bluechin

Hi Dance40,

Wow, my wedding day's yr birthday and my uncle's wedding anniversay..... i agree with you on the part that it's like our parent's wedding and i didn't really have much choice when it comes to my wedding date and ROM date... guess it happens to quite a handful of ppl as well...Sigh*

But we ought to be thankful that at least our parents aren't against our other half....
happy.gif

Hi Angeline,

perhaps you wanna try on the kwa first.... dun make assumptions that you won't look good....Believe you will look good..... Prettiet Lady in the Ballroom.....

jastan

Hello all,

Long time no talk and see already... So much happenings.... sure miss out a lot. Wow, we have newcomers, welcome welcome....
happy.gif

Angeline, dance40, JenJen, angelia
how's everyone???? Must be not bad, most of you have settle quite a handful of outstanding items..
Anyway, don't worry about the MTM gowns, mine is not ready yet. I believe my EG is not being worked on, as I have yet to select the material that they suppose to show me when they have the sample. So I still have the opportunity to change the design hahahaha
happy.gif

Bluechin, I also took up the package from Paris.
Actually my WD is on 2nd Nov, but due to .... its a long story, it is change to 5th Oct. Ha Ha... but I still stick on to Nov thread, don't want to go over to Oct thread. Very loyal right???

Was really busy with work... lots of projects coming in within these 2 months. Dead tired and now my eyes look like panda...
sad.gif

Will be having my trial makeup and PS gowns selection on 25th May, and PS on 5th July. Hi girls, don't worry too much whether you look nice on the kwa or not. Almost everyone will look good in it and I'm sure you will definately look good in it too....
happy.gif

Anyway, I am a bit relax on the preparation. Waiting for the furnitures to be ready... once done, will have to start busy again with the cleaning and packing.

Okay, all for now... got to start working again.... Just look forward to the short holiday break end of the month.... Relax .. Relax ..
happy.gif

L

loreal

Hi! Happy98,

U look sweet! I notice your hubby look abit like the HK actor "Huang Ri Hua" (Young version)..
your flowers is real or fake?...unique leh...

Hey! U also 28Sept bride...same here! Who knows may c u on the road..By the way, how did u get to take the polaroid so clearly? Your own camera? The effect very nice...

Hi! Yvonne,

U look very confident and elegant in your pic.
Good posture... I've just taken my shoots last week...kenna comment by the photographer i too "stiff"...keep tellin me i not gentle enuff...so tired...
So when is your pic gonna be ready?
Remember to scan for us to c k.

bluechin

JasTan,

A BiG Hello to ya too.... Guess u felt more at home in Nov thread that's why u came back here.... October's verie close to November anyway...Smiles....

Angeline,

typo error i mean prettiest bride in the ballroom....

L

loreal

Hi! Liz,

Alamak! I was late to c your posting.. I just took my wedding pics last FRI but the photographer was Bimei. Have u heard of her name? Me also suay leh... wheather turns bad when we were on our way to outdoor shoots, also got to postphone. So when is your next arrangment?

And where wld Alex be bringing u? My make up was also done by May, if i'm not wrong she's the one and only make up artiste in the studio for the time being... I quite like her make up & hairdo. By the way, do u find their studio abit old and messy?

lass

Hi Chemson,

thanks for the list, it is great to share in the excitement and joy of so many sept brides out there as well.

Hi Bleuz,

Sorry for the late reply. My wedding coordinator is Lydia. So far, i've been very pleased with her service and advice. I think Dall and the others are just as good as well.

L

loreal

Hi! all sept brides

Sorry for being MIA for a while.. was busi with work for the past week and also find difficulties in catching with the fast speed Sept brides posting..Too active till got prob to catch up...
Paiseh hor..

Hey can i ask u all a qs.(esp. those taken wedding pics already).. After all the thick make up for pic shoots, do u all find yourself look like "opera queen"? The reason i ask this is bcos i find myself like going to perform wayang after a heavy make up (during then i was wearing my dark maroon evening gown)... Further more, i showed pics taken with my own camera to my relatives and one of them(unmarried lady)was tellin me i look "matured" and eyes drawn till too dark...she cldn't accept my look leh...
I suddenly got worried leh... But my collg was tellin me the effects of studio lights would soften all these... Any experience that u all can share... I was thinking whether in my next photo shoot to ask the make up artiste to lighten my make up...

Wat u all think?

cherly

Hi, gal,

Don worry so much lah. Every brides will look good on their wedding day, no matter how. Most important thing is u must feel happy, relax and enjoy it.

I am quite small size too but I did try Kua on my photo shooting, well maybe i am too skinny and I think it don suit me, that why I change to other costum. So need not worry too much now, just try, like it then take, if not, then don take.

dance40

Hi bluechin,

I agree with you.
Luckily they aren't againt our partner.

Hi Angeline,

Let's just try on the kwa and see how.

Hi Jastan,

Wow, long time no see. So your wedding will be 1 mth ahead of us.

Hi Cherly,

Thanks. I will try and see how.
But I think I don't really suit red colour.

Irene

angeline

Bluechin,

Your wedding date is one day after mine
happy.gif

PS is only a few days different, sure, no problem.

Due to budget wise, we will be holding our dinner at Orient Ocean @ Miramar Hotel, u leh?

Im borrowing my Kwa from my friend, did tried before, looks okie lah but rather petite lor. im wearing another chinese costumes ( xiao feng xian ) for my PS from the bridal shop. So i will be getting another tea-dress (WG) for my actual day instead of Kwa lor, hope u understand waht im trying to say
happy.gif

Morning - MTM WG
Tea ceremony - KWA
1st March in - TEADRESS
2nd March in - MTM EG
Send off guests - KWA

Jastan,

Long time never hear from u liao! Continue to chat in our thread, we welcome u
happy.gif
Must continue to keep us update hor?

bluechin

Angeline,

I'm having my wedding dinner at Grand Hyatt. planning to wear Kwa for tea ceremony too... tried it at Paris....my FH liked it....i kinda like it too but it's quite bright...

Still think u should try the Kwa....red colour in the right tone will make u more radiant.....

Cherly is right that the most impt is that you must be happy and feel relax....

Girls,

I've a question..... If let's say i have about 45 tables.... How many gowns do u think i'll have time to change into and i'll also like to take pictures with all my guests... wat do u think?

happy98

hi Loreal

thanks for ur compliment. most pp find him looks more like Jeff Chang. I feel so sad cos more pp complimented on him, not me! ;-( btw, the flowers are real and i like it very much too.

the polaroid photo was taken by them to test out the effect of the makeup. they should be doing the same thing for u too.

regarding the makeup, i took some pics using my own camera too, but they turned up to be so diff from the real person and the polaroid. the actual makeup was not very thick as i told her so but it turned up to be not natural in the pics and i looked fat too. so, u dont hv to worry too much, the output will be nice. also, rem that they will make it nice for u as they want to make $$$ from u. ;-)

jenjen

Hi gals...
happy.gif

welcome, bluechin...

Angeline, how come u first march-in in teadress?? wat abt ur wedding gown?? dun want to wear leow ah??

angeline

Bluechin,

WA! u having your dinner at Grand Hyatt
happy.gif

Paris have a few differnt Kwa, did u manage to try all the different designs?

Maybe 2 times would be nice
happy.gif

bluechin

Angeline,

was told that they have 2 types of kwa....one for photo taking and the other for actual day....

kwas for photo taking looks simple wherelse kwa for actual day will look nicer.... saw the PS kwas....looks really dull....

U've seen em?

angeline

bluechin,

Yup, have seen them
happy.gif
I will be wearing a simple Kwa for my PS whereas actual day then wear the traditional type so that i have many differents designs of costumes when i look at my photos
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">cher, cherly, nov</FONT>
can share ur ROM date, email, real name and contact (if convenient)? me compiling the NovBride list..
happy.gif

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">bluechin</FONT>
i need ur ROM date, real name and contact (if convenient) leh...

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">those who've fixed PS (photoshoot) date</FONT>
can email me ur PS date?? i lazy to scroll thru the postings lah......
happy.gif

my email : [email protected]
4910.gif

bluechin

Angelia,

Have already send the details to yr email....

Angeline,

I also feel the way that i should have a variety so when i look at my pictures it doesn't look so dull....

blossom

hi happy98,
can i see your photos pleaseee? email: [email protected]

hi loreal,
me going to take photos next friday. dunno what to expect leh... what time did u start/end? when did u select ur outdoor gown? im supposed to select during final fitting but really worried that i may not find something i like.

nowadays kept raining, both u and liz need to postpone, really wonder what the weather will be like when it's my turn. so when are u taking the outdoor shots?

hey, bimei is quite good heard she is the best photographer in cc, the best student under prof tan. i dunno who is my photographer but heard it could be alex.

L

loreal

Hi! Blossom,

Nice to hear from ya again!
How r u getting on with your new job? Hope u r fine.

U taking photos next Friday, u mean this coming 10th May isit? My outdoor shoots has yet to confirm, Bimei said she wld call me to confirm the date again. Hv u gone for your final fitting?
That time i also select during my final fitting. Not to worry too much cos' they've lotsa choices for u... As long as u find something that quite suitable, hold on to it and make a comparison of all. Their selection is not too limited... it's the size i find that it's quite limited to slim ladies.. That time whn i went for my final fitting there is a few gowns i like but cannot fit in ... so wasted. Even my outdoor gown when i 1st tried on it, got a hard time to zip it.
Mayb bcos of this, i find that it's really time to cut down on my diet and true enuff i slim down for phototaking by about 2kg. Feel that waist line trim down a bit. Now it turns out my own gown got to alter cos abit loose...

Nowadays the weather is very unpredictable.. I suggest u take outdoor pic when u find the weather pretty good b4 it rains in the late afternoon. Its not up to us to choose the time slot cos we have to listen to "Ti-Gong" ..
That day my phototaking rains whole day leh..can u imagine!

In any case, i wish u good luck! Stay cool!
Keep me inform of your adventure..

angeline

JenJen,

So sori, i have missed your posting. I wont be wearing my WG for my dinner at all, will wear my Eg for my 1st march-in instead. I actually wanted to wear my WG but not dun think got enough time to change leh. My mum &amp; in-laws wants me to wear Kwa to send off my guests, do u have any better suggestion?

Angelia,

Have send to u too
happy.gif

Thanks for compiling the list
happy.gif

angeline

bluechin,

Only see from their photos, didnt get to see the real costume leh. Y, thinking of wearing ah?
Actually u can rent more gowns to wear for your PS but provided u have enough time, i may want to rent another Gold EG too
happy.gif

Angelia,

Thanks, have receive liao
happy.gif

bluechin

Angelia,

Thanks for compiling the list.....
Realised that you are using Nick Goh for your actual day as well.....

Also sent my ROM photo for u to see.... u got it?

bluechin

Angeline,

i'm thinking of trying on the Korea gown first.... wanted a variety of colours u see.... It has a some green but i dun really like green..... never know if i dun try....

You are going to rent from Paris or somewhere else? How many gowns are u given for the PS?
wanted to wear my ROM gown for the PS but thot i could use it next time somewhere else....

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Nov Brides</FONT>
if u hv (ROM)fotos of urself (or with hubby), dun mind send to me so that i can put them in the Nov Bride List as well...

also, if u've confirmed ur actual day photographer, dun mind let me noe oso... thx..

so far, i only noe actual day photographer for dance40, Angeline &amp; bluechin

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">cher, cherly</FONT>
where r u?? update me on ur details leh...

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">JenJen</FONT>
ooi, update me on ur actual photographer leh... who u engaged?

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">bluechin</FONT>
aiya, 1 only not enuff lah.. got somemore or not? upload to some site then share the link with us lah... we all like to see pix one leh, esp pretty woman....
happy.gif

[email protected]
4915.gif

cher

Hi Angelia,

Just email u my details...pls check your mail box. Hv not confirm my actual day photographer yet.

bluechin

Angelia,

I did an online album sometime ago.....
but somehow the website deleted my whole album....
a little upset cos i took so much time to upload the pics.....

Will probably get an website up after my photo shooting compliments of a very close friend as i dun have time now to do up my own...

will let u have the link when it's up.

angeline

bluechin,

No harm trying
happy.gif

Im given 6 outfits for my PS.
1 mtm WG
1 mtm EG
1 outdoor WG
1 indoor EG
Victorian style
China style ( Xiao feng xian )

I will rent extra gowns from Paris if i want to
happy.gif

jenjen

Angelia, Ooii... I will send u a mail abt my updates lah... so kan cheong... btw, u coming on Friday or not?? Tell Cynthia or me leh...

Angeline, I was wondering, why would u want to wear ur tea dress for ur first march-in?? Isn't the WG more meaningful?? If I were u, I will forgo my teadress leh... What is the purpose of the teadress from Paris for?? Is it actually for the tea ceremony?? Is it u just want to wear it coz Paris provide another gown for u?? I think no point lor...

bleuz

hi lass,

hey... lydia is my designer too :eek:) how's your gown going so far? do tell me how it looks like yah. when's you studio going to be? must be pretty excited?

you can email me at [email protected] as well.... hear from you soon.

angeline

JenJen,

Im actually choosing another EG as my tea-dress so i plan to wear it for the 1st march-in lor. Yup, the tea-dress is actually for my tea-ceremony but i have my own Kwa liao, so they suggested me to wear it for my dinner lor. Now im having mixed feeling as to what to wear liao
sad.gif
sad.gif

jenjen

Hi Angeline, dun fret lor... I think u can decide which evening gown u prefer among the 2... then u can decide which to wear... unless u really dirty ur wedding gown during the day... else I feel kinda weird if I dun get to see the bride in the WG leh...
happy.gif

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">cherly</FONT>

okie, okie...

aiyoh, i always mix u &amp; <FONT COLOR="ff6000">cher</FONT> leh.. both names similar!!!

i got mail from <FONT COLOR="ff6000">cher</FONT>, then saw ur posting, i blur... then scroll up and read again, then realise diff person!!
lol.gif

bluechin

Irene,

You could also check with Carmen to see my WG &amp; EG.... not too certain about my EG.... find it too exaggerating....Chilli Red....

Perhaps u could see it and give yr comments so i could change it if too much negative comments....but will have to do the change by June 15.... going down to select PS Gowns.

My Hubby and a good fren of mine like the EG but i find it bright and will attract too much attention.... Carmen thinks red suits me....and gown's verie fluffy.

Will also be choosing 1 additional evening gown another day but have not confirm which yet.... think i will finalise it in June.

will try it again (that red EG) and decide again.....still can't imagine....

liz

Hi Loreal &amp; Blossom,

I went to see my indoor photos yesterday, not very satisfied with my EG photos but nevermind lah coz still got outdoor shoot. My outdoor shoot will be end of this mth and will be going to Labrador park, any other better suggestion? Where will you be going, Loreal?
Ya agreed that the place a bit messy and old and the traditional costumes also looks old.
Loreal, you actually took the photograph of yourself in the studio, they allow you to. I also brought the camera but dun dare to take coz thought cannot. So coincidence, my EG also dark maroon colour leh, how's yours look like?
Blossom, good luck to u and enjoy your shoot.

L

loreal

Hi! Liz,

U mean u r able to view your indoor photos even b4 u've taken outdoor shoots?
How long did u wait to view the pics? i always thot we got to finish taking everything then can see. Actually hor.. i was thinking of lotsa places to take outdoor pics, such as East Coast, Milinia walk, Labrador park, Orchard Rd etc. But doubt that they allow so many plcs. i very fickle, guess wld leave it to my hubby to decide. U decide to go Labrador or alex suggested?
By the way, why not satisfied with your indoor pics? Thot u say Alex is good?
As for taking pic using own camera, of course not able to bring it to studio lah.. I mean outside lah. As I didn't wipe out the thick make up, i leave my make up on for pic taking at home.

My evening gown is MTM by Agnes. Yours also? 1st look of it, i love it but now find it too dark for pic taking.. The gown is tube style with folded pleats by the side &amp; a bit of crystals here and there..(sorry dun really know how to describe)
Wat about yours?

cherly

Yalor, JenJen, should rest more, sleep more then can be a pretty bride on your wedding day.

Angelia,

Have sent you the details thru yr e-mail liao, hope u won't mix up again.

jenjen

hahaa... I wish I can choose leh... nmind lah... the end is near... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel... hehehe...
happy.gif

I tried cucumber/tea bags before leh... now I am on the Prescriptives radiant thingy... but dun seem to work leh... maybe I quite jia lat leow...
sad.gif

Angelia, got my email not??

meimei

Hi lass, bleuz,

Sorry to intrude, gals. I am also with Irene's Creation and Lydia is my designer as well. My wedding is Nov 2002. Do email to me on your gown designing process as well !!! It's hard to find many IC brides in the SB forum.

email: [email protected]

Hi bleuz,

Have not heard from you for some time, sent you an email recently. Hope to hear from you soon.