(2002) Brides of year 2002

pinkapple

oh. Angeline,

oso take a look at the fotos on the wedding page 1st before u click on the venue.

those are pictures of Fort Canning.

angeline

Thanks Pinkapple,

I'll check the siteout now. I have only a small crowd. About 50 - 80 pax only. Does fort canning do their own decor or do we have to find our own?

pinkapple

Angeline,

for most of the outdoor venues that are not run by hotels, u've gotta do ya own deco, catering and all. dat includes Fort Canning.
the down side.
sad.gif

but if u've got the $$, u can ask the hotel banquet pp to do up everything for u. I know Swissotel (the old westin) and hilton does outdoor weddings coordinations.

for 50 - 80 pp, u can fit them into most of the outdoor venues.
happy.gif

pinkapple

Angeline,

think Botanical Garden - Burkill Hall might be a good place for u.
happy.gif

Fort Canning got several venues. u can go down n take a look. make an apptment with Jennifer 6332 1200, she'll bring u around. nice lady.

angeline

thanks, the biggest problem I have is that I am not in SGP. That's why I can only rely on the comments I receive from people liek yourself
By the way, have you settle for a bridal package, which boutique did you choose?

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">bluechin</FONT>
aiya, i got no time to fall asleep.. gotta rush here rush there to look for shops to photocopy my documents... but they not open so early (10.30am)... so i went back to the Q area, and juz nice they verifying docs and giving out Q nos... after that, went again for the guided tour, look at sample units, check out orientation.... reach CCK again at abt 12:30pm, then go photocopy docs, went for lunch, then go back and wait for my turn to come.....

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Cherly, Irene, Angeline, rebec</FONT>
thanx. think will wait for hubby to come back b4 doing anything lah...

will browse thru the Home &amp; Reno threads and see if there's any good contractors anot? i think might need an ID to design for us cos the unit layout really very headache!! wonder how did those HDB designers/architect do their work!! nice from outside, but not practical at all on the inside!!!!!!

bluechin

Angelia,

Most new flats have really weird layouts. It's a good idea to get an ID.... They can help you to maximise space as well.

cherly

Angelia,

I have just renovated my house, if u keen, maybe I can give u my designer contact. He is quite responsible and flexible.

jenjen

Angelia, I think u should shop around first... coz most ID shops will do a rough plan for u FOC... after that if u decide who u want to engage or have ur own design scheme then can go find a cheaper contractor or something...

mine in Sengkang, design &amp; build...

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">Cherly</FONT>
thx for the offer. maybe u can email me and i'll check him out when my hubby's back.

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">JenJen</FONT>
design &amp; build means flooring all done izzit? then wat else need to do?

u mean the ID shop will do a rough design for us FOC? but do we get to take back the design huh?
biggrin.gif
a bit greedy here..
lame.gif

if can, then maybe i can go to a few now, then when hubby comes back, i juz show all to him and let him decide which one he likes... will save a lot of time..... than he can get to move into the new flat and enjoy the aircon earlier...
crazy.gif

oh, can oso mail me ur contractor?! heard from <FONT COLOR="ff6000">Happy</FONT> that both of u very satisfied with the one u hired
biggrin.gif

dance40

HI cherly and jenjen,

can email me your contractor too?
although not yet 1st appointment but i've got the floor plan already.

So, can start to search now.

Irene

jenjen

Hi Angelia,

nope, u dun get back to floor plan coz it's their copyright... but u should be able to remember roughly how they do it so u can suggest wat u like to the next ID...

As for emailing u and Dance40 abt the contractor, I have to get the contacts from hubby first...
happy.gif

My place not done yet... there were a few problems but so far solved by my hubby...

Let u know more in the email...

cherly

Hi, Angelia

Hv e-mail u the contractor contact liao.

As for dance40, can u give me your e-mail address.

By the way, renovation is really a big headarch, so must act carefully.

Angelia,

What is the Sq area of your house? Are u applying 5 room and how much u paid for it? Your hubby not in town, this means that u go and apply and decide the unit by your own
uhoh.gif
???

angelia

got ur mail, thx.

ours is 5-rm (standard), 110m sq, 15th level, cost $217,600.

ya lor, ask brother to go collect the brochures for me, then Thur nite go thru flr plan and unit listings, and ransack thru his stuff to find his docs needed for registration.

oso briefly describe to hubby via phone (but how detail can it be?!) then ask him to call me 1st thing next morning (Fri) so that i can "report" again b4 joining the Q... but i waited until 7.40am then he called back...

then i rush to fren's plan to scan and email him the flr plan to hv clearer picture of unit layout, navigation and location... dunno why so stupid didn't think of that earlier!!! abt 9am, he called again lor, then i told him which units still hv which level left lor. then pick from there...

it's really tough, cos after our "choice units at choice level" got taken, i was thinking of getting the "choice unit at not choice level" (level 4). but hubby not ard, and he prefers level 5 and abv, so i pick those "not so choice units" lor...
sad.gif

in fact, i highlighted some "faults" to him, but he said ok... but after i booked and got the unit floor plan (the bigger on with dimensions) and email him, he replied me "u'r rite abt that (fault), so what shall we do?" Wah, i nearly *peng-sang*.

he always dun listen to me talk one... hiaz.....
sad.gif

cherly

Oh, dear, never mind lah since u have got it then have to accept it and look forward to shift in and u will feel better
wink.gif

Take yr time to plan what u want to do and discuss with yr husband again. Must learnt from experience, discuss with him earlier.

angelia

actually, i started asking for flr plans of various zone from forum pple some time ago oso no use cos he oso dun wan to see... (but theirs not so updated cos they select their flat some time ago.)

and then, on Thur then he ask from a fren who just selected CCK flat, so he got the flr plans whh included the new flats!! like that how to discuss earlier?! i start prep earlier oso no use.

pinkapple

Angeline,

so whoz doing all the coordination for u?

I didn't really go for a package... got all my stuff ala carte. got my wedding gown from Silhouette, evening from Allure Charix.

think I won't recommend Silhouette. will tell u abt Allure after my fitting

partygal

Hi,

How are you guys preparing for the wedding..basically I am doing nothing now..after settling the banquet and boutique, sort of lost the momentum already. Probaby because there is still of time.

Hi Pinkapple, is your EG from Allure MTM or OTR? I'm also an Allure bride, but taking the whole package. My EG is OTR, but so far I dun really have any that I like. Headache.

O

onlooker

hihi to all u gals..
me too m a dec bride..currently only managed to book the hotel(Hyatt) n the bridal n tt's all..
m frantically lookin for shoes to match WG..heard tt shoes from leapin Lizard r good..any comments??
what r the pricing range??:eek:
very anxious abt the august photo-shoots..dun know where to go n take pix..again any comments from u??..

thanx!!

jolene

Hi everyone,

Seems like our thread has become so quiet!!! Guess most of you are busy with your preparations...

For me, I have finalised my gown designs and final fitting will be end May. In addition, I am getting my cards printed next week.

What about you gals?
happy.gif

kat22

Hi, Jolene

Yeah..this thread has gone a little quiet... I am mostly at the Flamingo thread now as we are all discussing abt our fittings
happy.gif

I went for my final fitting on 30 April and will be going for my trial in mid June
happy.gif
Photoshoot will be in end June. So what have you added to your WG?? How does your EG looks like?? Hehehe..me very kahpoh :p

I still have so many things undone...finalise helpers, MC scripts, bridal car, ballroom decor, video montage, etc....looks like I will be real busy from June onwards!!

chemson

Hi Gals,

I am the slack one now... like Kat22, I have done my final fitting on May 8th. My trial is end this month. My WG is more or less completed. Shirley still has to add the beadings to my EG and that will be it. Next month I will collect my cards to send them for printing. Plus I intend to move my furniture in next month as well.. lots of things to do.

I am off to Scotland tonite for a break ! Will try to log in over there. Cheers!

angeline

HI Pinkapple,
Thank you for responding. You seem to be the only person that will talk to me in this forum. I am doing the coordination by myself. IDD bills piling up. Thank god there's emails nowadays. I am on the verge of signing up a package with Irenes Creation. Any comments on them?

It must be alot of work to do all alcarte. Does it actually cost less to do it that way?

The consultant at the boutique said that she will help me with soucing for a hotel if I book with her. I was thinking along the lines of Conrad Poolside, Four Seasons Garden, Hyatt's orchidville. Anyone been to these? How was it?

fanasia

Hi Gals,

I am also having my wedding on Sept 2002 at Grand Copthorne.

I am planning for go for a facial to keep my skin in upmost condition on my actual day. THe last time I went for a facial I guess was almost 7 yrs back..IT was painful hence I dread going for any from then...
Now, I really have no idea, who would be good and charges reasonable..any recommendations??

kas

hi all,
look like this thread is warming up again. Gemi, Pinkapple, I am an Allure bride too. So far, i have MTM my tea dress cos initially think of using it as my ROM dress. But have changed my mind cos it din turn out to be what i expected. I guess will take sometime for the designer to understand what i like. Hope everything will be ok for my WG &amp; EG.

hi Angeline,
have you considered getting your gowns from where you are staying now? Think might be better cos you can do the fitting there &amp; just bring the gowns back during your wedding. As for photography &amp; make-up, you can always do ala carte. Think this might be easier &amp; less risky. But it will be more expensive if you choose this approach. It has its pros &amp; cons.

cheers,
kas

angeline

Hi Kas,
Thanks for the advise. I am working in Hong Kong. I did think about having the gown made here, but they won't let me bring them back to Singapore for so long. How many fittings should be normal. Irenes Creation that I just have to make a trip back for the mock up and all the rest can be done within a week from the wedding date. Is that true?

All you other DecBrides, feel free to let me know if there is anything special that you would like to get from HK, I would be happy to help out.

van

wow! Chemson, flying to Scotland? err, btw which part of scotland u r @ now? i only managed to go Edinburgh when i went there abt 2 years back. really LOVE tat place, but only the 13hrs flight to frankfurt for transit makes me 2 think twice to go there again for holiday, tot of having my retirement there
happy.gif

corrie

Hi Angeline,

I am also a dec bride. Wana find out from you, how much does a kwa cost in Hongkong? Heard that their kwa is really very nice.

jenjen

sorry angelia and irene, can gimme till weekend then I get the details of my contractor for you?? busy lah... work until 10pm yesterday... *sigh*...

angelia

<FONT COLOR="aa00aa">JenJen</FONT>
no prob.. me not so urgent cos hubby will be back only end of mth.

hey, u take care leh... if not actual day not "mei mei" liao.

jolene

Hi Elmo,

Sorry, haven't checked my email till today. Yup, I received your email. I will see if I can pass a sample of the apple to you. Will email you privately later.

angeline

Hi Corrie,
I will ask around and let you know. I haven't started my shopping for my wedding yet. That's why if you need anything, better ask now so I can help you get them with I go on my rounds.

partygal

Hi Kas,

So far, I haven't found any gown I like yet or rather suitable for me at Allure, so might have to take a MTM. Also I don't really like their EGs. I like simple but elegant EGs but those there seems a bit too elaborate for me. Choosing a gown is really a big headache for me *sigh*

BTW, there was a complaint under the Allure forum. Wonder what really happened there to have such an unhappy bride.

Time passes really fast, it's already May, and soon we'll have to start drawing up the guest list, and getting ready for our photoshoot. Singapore is so small, I really can't think of a unique place to go for outdoor shots.

Any suggestion?

kas

hi Angeline,
I thought there is a minimum of at least 2 fittings before the actual. It will also depend if you are happy with the work.

hi Gemi,
same thoughts too. That's why am going for MTM. As for now, am taking a break from the preparation cos getting ROM tomorrow. Pretty excited abt it. hee..heee. Am thinking of going Botanical Gardens for my outdoor cos like the greens. Plus my photographer from Utopia is very good with outdoor shooting. Looking forward to it.

cheers,kas