(2002) Brides of year 2002

happy98

hi yvonne

so, what is the 1st impression of the photos? do u find them fantastic??? well, i've asked the bridal shop whether i can bring them home so as to better look at them and then decide which one i want it to be on the front pg and which one to make it big and which one to make it small, etc.... but they say cannot. ;-((( the only proloriod they took for me at first i didnt like it, but as i look at it a few more times, i begin to find it nice!!! maybe i'll adopt ur suggestion, ie to go down during lunch time and them after work with my FH. but it is quite a distance from my office.

i've asked my fren to scan the photos for me, will show it to u all once it's done.

sparks

hi all,

mo : you can try bp de silva at city hall 2nd floor. their rings are from swiss or switzerland (don't know which) but even if they tailor the size to your finger...they can have the pp fm swiss do it in less than 3 days and then send it to you...everything within a week! their design are super unique...me and my hubby loves it so much! if soo kee or other jap-based design may need 3 mths to deliver a customised size ring...

still have not decide on my printers...trying to get a cheap and good one..have not even collect my cards yet....me not panic cuz mine is on end of july....still got time...

btw, have you booked for your actual day photographer? who did you gals book????

cherly

Hi, everyone,

I am a Nov bride too. But I seem very free becos don know how & from where to prepare for the wedding Lei. We have done the basic, house has renovated, also just taken our wedding photos, what else do I need to do?

angeline

hi Cherly,

Welcome to our gang
happy.gif

Wa, u done quite a number of things liao
happy.gif

When is your wedding? Have u book the banquet venue? Can share with me where did u go for your outdoor shooting?

Have u bought electrical appliances, furniture for your house, if not can start buying. U can also start going for facial too.
Im still in the process of renovating my house, so im more busier than u lor
sad.gif
How i wish i can be like u too,done most of the things liao
happy.gif

cherly

Hi, Angeline,

Bought all the furniture liao except a coffee table becos I didn't see one I really like that why shortage for this item. I hv booked my banquet at Concorde Hotel and my wedding will be on the 8th. Due to tight Financial planning and bad market, we actually went to JB took our wedding photos. As compared, it's still cheaper than here. I paid abt M$3,500 for my 27 pcs of photo, size 12" x 15" and other standard package.

Of course, bridal shop make-up artist won't come over to do my make-up on the actual day, that why I hv booked Sandy as my make-up artist since everyone commented she is good but I have not do my trial, do u know when shd I do my trial make up.

I still need a wedding car, was thinking to book a london cab or Merc, which one will be better? Any comment?

angeline

hi Cherly,

Wa, even bought furniture liao! Have u shortlist all your guest? Maybe u can do with your seat arrangements first lor. Have u book your actual day photographer & videographer? if not, can start looking for it too
happy.gif

Indeed cheaper to shoot in JB, is your gowns mtm ones? In that case, u have to travel to JB a few days before your wedding to collect your gowns ah?
Im with Paris & my package cost $3988 with mtm WG & mtm EG.

Oh, Sandy ah! i tot of engeging her as my actual day makeup artist too but haven confirm with her yet. Try to drag your trial make-up to ard 2 - 3 months before your wedding so that your make-up artist will still remember u much more clearly
happy.gif

sama sama, we thinking of booking london cab too, i have actually called up TIBS & get them to email their package to me. Give me your email address & i forward them to u
happy.gif
Personally, i prefer london cab than merc coz london cab is more spacious, more comfortable to sit if your gown r those " pong pong " type, dun have to squeeze with your Fh lor
happy.gif

Mine is on 19 Nov, due to budget wise, we r holding our dinner at Orient Ocean @ Miramar Hotel. I have booked my actual day photography & videography with Vividshots ( Monica Eng ). Im renoavting my house now, so i still have alot of things to be done leh
sad.gif

blossom

hi yvonne,
ur photos are very very nice.... so envious!!!

i like ur hairdos and makeup. ur gowns are also very pretty. u are very slim and sweet looking.

carol

Hi Sparks,
I've used Hi-tech as my printer. Have collected my cards & are satisfied with the printing results. Very clear & resonable charges too.

Yes, I've booked my actual day photographer, I'm using Koah Fong photogarphy, He's also my ROM photographer last time, very nice guy to work with, the love his works too!

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

cherly

Angeline,

I haven't book my actuall day photography & videography, have not search for it and this item never cross my mind b4, hahaha.

Renovation is always a headarch, me and my hubby agrue for few times becos of renovation. U must always go to yr house to inspect, don trust the contractor.

U can e-mail the london cab details to me at [email protected]

angeline

hi Cherly,

U mean u r not engaging any actual day photographer or videographer ah? Maybe u can get your friends to help u out
happy.gif

Ya lor, renovation makes me sick ah!!! we have to think carefully what kind of design, colour, brand... we want! There bounds to be quarrels lah, we oso like that.

I have email u TIBS quotation liao
happy.gif

angeline

Cherly,

U welcome
happy.gif

Traditional Actual day Wedding Photography Package - $800
Photography services on your wedding day (7:00am -2pm & 7:00pm - end of ceremony)

- 8 Rolls of Professional Film (Colour)
- Developed at Professional Lab
- 4R prints with White Border
- One large Album (Stick on)
- Negatives Returnable
- $30 charge for every extra hour / Split two days will be extra $100.00 charge
- Additional Roll at $45.00 per roll

Actual Day Videography - $800 (Digital)
Videography services on your wedding day (7:30am -2pm & 7:00pm - end of ceremony)
- One master tape
- One editted tape
- One set of VCD
- $30 charge for every extra hour / Spilt two days will be extra $100.00 charge

So total im paying $1600 excluding extra hours & additional rolls of films.

jenjen

Hi Angeline, do u mind sending me the london cab email too please??? thanx a million...

wah... my photography and videography cost abt $2.2k leow!!!

nov

Cherly,

You've done so much...that's why you find yourself "free" now. Compared to you, I still got a WHOLE lot of items not done yet...I'm usually the last minute kind :p

As for Sandy, dun worry...my ROM makeup was done by her. It's a wise choice. If my bridal package hadn't included the makeup, I would have been the first to "chop" her for my big day
happy.gif

Angeline,
Did u view the videography from vividshots? Are they good?

sparks

hi all,

need to ask you...did you gals bargain for more of the invitation cards or is it std practise that the hotel only give 60% of the guests that you are inviting....

do any of you know how much is the additional cards.... cuz i may not have enough....FIL (father-in-law) wants to invite more but don't want to commit to the hotel...so short of invitation cards..how???

carol

Hi Sparks,
My hotel provide me 70% of cards, & she did give some additional ones.

So now I've more than enough & could also spare some for mistakes too.
I think you can try to talk to your hotel to ask for more.

Some additional cards might me quite expensive.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

aileen

Hi Kat22

The ones I saw at Popular were wrapped up in a stack, near where they sell the art block, and stationery side!

I

idah

Hi everybody,

it has been a long time since i wrote on this website address, juz to let everybody know dat i am a SEPT BRIDE... my dinner will be on the 14 September at Sheraton Towers... we have like about 5 months to go.... kind of scary and happy... my photoshoot shoot will be on 22 May and this sun, i will be going to try my gown and my trial make up... so exciting.... really looking forward to it...

happy98 and julia, can i take a peek at your photos...

thanxx

e-mail address: [email protected]

cherly

Angeline,

Thanks for providing me the photography details. Aiyo, as compared to you all, I think I really do a lots of things liao. Maybe I just do it progressively that why I don't anything. Now, really is too free lei. I experience my friend's wedding, she also everything last minutes one, then so crop up on her wedding, table seating not properly arrange, end up she has 2 tables empty seated, then one week b4 her wedding, she was rushing here and there. Aiya, I so scare so I rather being a bit "Kiasu" rather than rushing.

Hi, JenJen, Nov and cher, nice talking to you all too.

kat22

Hi, idah

Hey me and Jolene are having our weddings at ST too
happy.gif
Mine is on 22 Sep. Do you know that ST has already changed their florist for the ballroom decor? Heard it is much better than woodsville
happy.gif
I think I read in the ST thread that your coordinator is also Alvin rite? Well, if you are interested to look at the ballroom decor..he mentioned that there will be weddings on 5, 11, 12, 14, 17, 19, 23, 25, 26 and 30 May 2002. Go down and take a look if you are interested
happy.gif

aileen - thanks! I will check it out again
happy.gif

M

mo

Hi Sparks,
I think u got the wrong person...it's Elaine who is looking for wedding bands, not me. I've bought mine already...hehe
happy.gif
No worries, i cannot remember who's who here too sometimes...
Actually, our hotel gave us abt 90% of cards without extra charges, coz we really have not finalized our guests list and could not confirm a firm number. However, of course it came with condition that we hit a certain number too, which we think we have no problems with. So, in the end, even if we hit their required number, we still got 90% of cards
happy.gif
So, just let them know u cannot confirm the number now...see what they offer.

Hi Carol,
Whoa, u are really fast. So fast and u got all your cards ready. Good for you
happy.gif
We're still finalizing the design of our church invite and deciding on the printer for that, our dinner invite is in progress. Now just gotta settle the church one and the programme sheet.

K

k

Hi Yvonne,

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us. You look great! Where did you get your gowns from?

yvonne

Hi Loreal

long time nvr 'tok' to u liao...think i still 'owe' u something regarding ur bridal shop huh?? hehehe
i said tat i will check wi my colleague on smthg..but i tink i've 4gotten abt it.

Hi k
i've signed up with Julia Wedding News.

Idah/olio/Liz/lass
have sent out liao.

To the rest of the sept brides :

i've selected my photos..emotion is still quite 'unstable'
i've made a very very long posting under my bridal..
i chose a lot of photos, total 90 pics.
very very heartache over the $$ spent.

Happy98
u asked wats my 1st reaction when i saw the photos during the informal selection. i was like..hmm..very nice.
but during the actual selectio, they arranged the photos in sequence n they capture mostly our moments...n i love it!
*sigh* wanted to cut cost initially but yet exceeded my 'target'.
sad.gif

so have u seen ur photos?

a_sept_bride

Hi believe that this thread is for us Sept Brides to share our experiences of getting married with one another and not sharing of pics with brides not getting married in Sept. Just needed to voice this out !!

storm

well, think that the sharing of pictures is part of the experience of getting married. >grin< but understand what you are trying to say.

carol

Hi Mo,
Hahaha... Me really have to work hard &amp; fast 'cos lots of other things to do, like, confriming the march in songs/music &amp; other banquet details.

Woh, time really files, less than 3 months left to our wedding, let's countdown together.

Cheers:
Carol
happy.gif

a_sept_bride

Thanks! Felt that this thread somehow became gals asking to look at pics of Sept Brides and somehow it deviated from its original purpose..
happy.gif
That's all.. no particular harm but just wanted to voice out my thoughts.

I

idah

Hi Kat22,

correct, my wedding coordinator is Alvin... such a pleasant guy... someone whom u feel very comfortable with.... yes i had ready somewhere dat they have changed their florist..

i'm comforted dat you have positive comments on the new florist, maybe i will pop by one of the dates dat u mentioned to me.... have u done your photoshoot? how about your gowns??

cheerzz

idah

liz

Hi all sept brides,
me too had taken my photoshoot but only manage to take indoor coz the weather that day was not too good for outdoor therefore need to arrange another day for outdoor shoot...

Hi Yvonne,
I did not receive your pics leh, can send one more time.

Hi Loreal and Blossom,
tink not bad to have Alex as photograher and May as make-up artist, personally I like May to do make-up for me but too bad, she only do studio not for actual day.

sparks

hi mo, sorry me so blur!! overworked!

thinking of getting a pretty day dress to take outdoor photo on my actual day...my teadress (cheongsam) not very suitable, any shops to recommend??? or do you girls suggest i MTM, my bridal shop charging $350 for a MTM short dress...thinking buy may be cheaper, what do you girls think?

happy98

hi all

i've viewed my photos, very satisfied with them. But very sad that i've bursted my budget. ;-( also, surprised that my indoor shots turned out to be better than outdoor shots thou my mood was not that good when i was taking my indoor shots.

J

julybride

Harlow everyone...have been in SB forum and yet just got to know there is this place for July brides!
Glad to be involve here...my wedding is on 6&amp;7 july 2002...excited. today just went down to Milan to select pics..hard time as some many nice ones..
anyway, i am searching for a photographer who can shoot journlastic pics at cost of $1k and oso can some of u gals suggest the songs for church march in? not sure whether it's good to use Cannon D.
sigh..time really flies and it seems so much to prepare! help!
panic

kat22

Hi, gals

idah - my photoshoot is in end Jun. Now cracking my head where to go 'cos i am going for only outdoor
happy.gif
I hv oredi went for my third fitting on Tue so now waiting for my trial in Jun
happy.gif
How abt yourself? Hv you gone for your photoshoot? What's your gowns like??
happy.gif

happy98 - hey, thanks for sharing with us the polaroid...very nice! Cant really see your gown very clearly but it looks quite grand and nice
happy.gif
I love your flowers though..very nice!

Yvonne - I read your posting over at JWN..dun be sad...it is a happy thing that the photos turn out well...The $$ is worth it as these moments are priceless...it's once in a lifetime! Cheer up ok?

So what's the progress of the rest of you now? Have you all finished the fittings for your gowns? Hvnt hear from you gals for so long!!

chemson

Hi gals,

Just had my fitting a week ago. Got another one next week and then my trial is on May 30th. Wow.. some of you gals are so lucky... have had your photoshoot oredi..
happy.gif
happy98.. thanks for sharing your polaroid with us..
happy.gif
Love your hand bouquet !! So nice !!! U R wearing a bustier, right? Yep.. like what Kat said.. how are you all ? Long time no hear...
happy.gif

och

hi gals,

how r all of u?

happy98, thanks for sharing ur pic with us. u look v. sweet in that gown!
happy.gif

yvonne, dun feel too bad abt the money. what's most impt is that both of u like the photos.
happy.gif

moonie

Hi gals,

I'm so excited, going for my 1st fitting next week! Yup, like wat Chemson said, most of u had ur photoshoot oredi...mine is 2 mths away. I haven't even collect my invitation cards...Regent told me 2 months before...is it too late?

happy98 - Thanks for sharing ur polaroid with us, you n ur FH look great! yup i agree wif Kat22, ur hand bouquet is very unique.
happy.gif

Yvonne - I read ur posting at JWN too...i understand how it feels about bursting ur budget and heartache over it. I had this feeling since confirming Hotel to Bridal package...dun know wat else to come. Initially, I even quarrel wif my FH over it...but in e end he gave in to me coz he wants me to have a happy and memorable wedding preparation experience. As u've said it urself...ur photographer captured precious loving moments of ur hubby &amp; u...these moments will b very difficult to capture back on photograph as no one will follow u both daily to take down such loving moments anymore. It's definitely worth it. So now seat back n relax, put this matter at the back of ur mind n enjoy the rest of the wedding preparation okie?
happy.gif
Also appreciate ur hubby's "yong4 xing1 liang2 ku3" wanting to make ur wedding experience a happy and memorable one.

chemson

Hi och,

Long time no hear ! Have you seen your completed gowns yet ?
happy.gif
How abt your photoshoot? Have you gone for it yet ?

happy98

hi all

thanks for ur compliments. i think the actual ones are better. can't wait to get the proofs back so that i can scan them and send to u gals. ;-)

ya, just like yvonne, i'm feeling very bad abt bursting the budget too. ;-( really regretted, esp when my frens reactions were that why develop so much when it would be dumped into the storeroom soon?!

hey gals, hope to see ur photos soon. maybe we can arrange a meeting after we all got our photos. ;-)