Singaporebrides | Essentials
DIY of The Month – Save-the-Date Magnets
Think you’re a hands-on kind of bride and want to make something really special for your wedding? It doesn’t have to be something elaborate; think small, simple yet significant. It could be a personalised Save-The-Date card, or a memorable wedding favour. You don’t even have to be very good at arts and crafts to make these wonderful mementos. SingaporeBrides shows you how to Do-It-Yourself.
You want to add a personal touch to both your wedding invitation and favours but the time constraint makes it impossible to complete two different do-it-yourself projects for your eighty-odd (or more) guests. SingaporeBrides says otherwise and shows you how to kill two birds with one stone. Armed with a piece of wood sheet, craft stickers, some basic stationery and a little guidance from us, we’ll show you that personalising your wedding doesn’t need to be complicated.
Here’s what you need:
- Wood sheet
- Craft stickers
- A strip of crochet
- Round magnet
- Super glue
Time taken for each: 5 minutes
Average cost for each: $5
1. Spell out the words “Save Our Date” using black craft stickers. Align the letters on the left side of the wood sheet.
2. Using a pair of scissors and a ruler, cut out a piece of crochet measuring 18 cm long.
3. Adjust the crochet to sit just below the craft letters.
4. Once you’re satisfied with the position, fold the ends of the crochet over the back of the wood sheet and secure with super glue. Let the glue dry.
5. Then, using red craft stickers, spell out the date of your wedding. Align the stickers to the right side of the wood sheet.
6. Draw a thin line just after the crochet using a pencil and ruler.
7. Then, cut along the penciled line to remove the excess wood sheet.
8. Turn the card over. Adhere two pieces of magnets on the top and bottom of the card.
Now wasn’t that simple and quick to make? Paint the words on instead of using craft stickers if you have more time on your hands, or make the card smaller or bigger according to your preference. You can even use a different shape for your save-the-date card! Substitute the crochet with colourful ribbons for a splash of colour or to complement your wedding theme. Personalise the card further by adding the names of your guests on the back and you have a save-the-date card that doubles as a wedding favour!
Perfect for Save-the-Date Cards, Wedding Invitation Cards, Wedding Favours and Rustic-themed Weddings
All content from this article, including images, cannot be reproduced without credits or written permission from SingaporeBrides.