Yvonne Creative

H

hawaii

Hi,

Saw from another thread that Ponnie's makeup is quite thick, but it'll turn out ok in the photos.

Check out this thread:
Ponnie Hsu's make up...

ahbui

Hi pooh

i agree wif u tt they really select customers to serve..which i dun understand y..mayb those customers they provide better service r those pay higher package?

ya..y those cust can go thru album wif him bt nt us? so funi! me n my hubby r those can say nt picky or shld say duno exactly wat we wan the photos to look like so let us go thru album at least we can hv some ideals mah..like tt oso cannot
sad.gif

my ROM makeup was done by ponnie (trial)
her makeup is like "singer" style..n the hairstyle she did 4 me nt suitable 4 me..tot she is so experience (since yvonne alwys say she is v expensive n experience makeup artist) shld knw very well how to set a gd hairstyle for my face as i hv high cheek bone face
sad.gif
hai.. den i wana change, yvonne said all others r fully booked!
sad.gif

another thing is my wedding is oso in sept..n i hv nt done my PS yet..bt mani other sept brides hv done theirs n even hv chosen their photos..hai..

Hi cookiemz

So i can reach thr 1030am? cos they asked us to reach at 10am..bt i read the thread n knw they alwys late so better check wif those had experience liao..
happy.gif
anyway..thks..
happy.gif

S

sept 03 bride

Hi cookiemz,
i'm realli not too sure if we cannot dun make the full payment if they did not meet the desired expectations.

But I tink we should be able to check out this fm fm CASE if the situation realli calls for it.
I'm getting anxious cos I'm afraid that they will not be able to give me my album on time. Like u,my wedding is in Sept and supposedly alot of ppl are getting married in Sept.I tink there are realli alot of albums which they need to work on and with such slow speed, they may not complete on time

I have been calling them and chasing for it but they kip telling me that its not ready and it is realli very frustrating. They are very slow.

pooh

Hi Cookiemz

yaya, xiao cai also like that, when 1st he came in to the studio, he smile to us, but then later when start shooting the 2nd gown, he like maciam we owe him 1 million!

Hi ahbui

Expensive doesn't mean experience, my friend booked a makeup artist who always appear in the magazine claimed that his makeup and hairdo soso only, think he's famous because of doing for the models and actress who already have sharp features but not like our normal faces.
As for service... *sigh*... I shd wear my 'big' diamond rings for all my fingers, as well as on my neck and talk to them like gal who xiao cai is smiling and showing her the album... I think this is the reason, because they thought we won't buy much addtional photos since they keep telling me that they don't earn much from my package, only when we buy addtional photos.
Hey, think you better check your album carefully c if there's any flaw, cause they tell me it takes at least 3 mths for the developing and make into album, scared wait they rush for you but anyhow do. Luckily my husband found that there's a scratch at the back of the album cover and insist them to change, if I bring home then come back to tell them, they sure say I scratch it myself. So, just becareful.

pooh

Hi Sept 03 bride

Why not you make a request from them by telling them you wish to remain the last 10% untill you finish everything? Or pay them the last 10% when the day u collect your gowns? (My sis in law's BS allow her to do this) Because few pcs from my big album was not well touch up, can still c my smiling winkles, so I rejected and have to wait for another 2wks to collect, and since I already paid full, then bo bian, LL lor.
sad.gif

D

dream97

Hi Cookiemz,

I am also waiting for my photos. Feel a little worried after reading your and Pooh's messages. Hope everything is fine.
happy.gif

I agree with you on xiao cai. He kinda of suan me while taking photos and he can be quite tempermental. Luckily I know where I want to go at first so had no problem "communicating" with him.

sorry if I missed it but when is your AD?

july

Hi all YC bride,

I will be selecting my photos next week. Any idea how much does YC charge for their art work ?

Thanks

happy1

Hi July,
thks for asking the qn coz I was about to ask as well = )
Also anyone knows if we want to change from say, 24 pcs of 12x15 to 10x12 photos, how many 10x12 photos can we get?

silver

Hi happy1,
18pcs of 15R=24pcs of 10R so for 24pcs of 15R, you should be able to get ard 32pcs of 10R.

Hi ahbui,
Oh I thought ponnie is quite well known? Looks like well known doesn't mean nice ya.

Btw, you decided on the location for ps? Do you prefers building or natural? Sentosa is one of the popular place for ps now.

Hi dream97 & sept,
Have yc called you to choose ur photos? Another yc bride told me it took her 3wks b4 she gets to choose her photos.

Gals, do you gals know wats the payment method for yc?

S

sept 03 bride

Hi Gers,
finally my pics are out after 3 wks.
But my 1st initial reaction is anger+disappointment.

This is because despite me being a big size ger, but my face is actually quite sharp.I always receive comments that I'm photogenic but the photos that Xiao Cai takes does not do justice to my sharp face. The pics which we took with our own digital camera turn out better then those pics taken by him.
Instead of having a sharp and defined face,my face turned out chubby and fat...
My sister who was with me was oso shocked with those pics. Haiz.... so upset
*sob sob*

pooh

Hi Sept 03 bride

So sorry to hear that too! Why don't you request for a re-shoot? Who did ur makeup for you? My face also quite round and Dily put some 'dark' powder to cover some 'fats' area for me, did ur makeup artist do that for you? Think YC should offer you a re-shoot hor??

D

dream97

Hi Sept 03 bride,

Oh dear...so sorry to hear that...Do ask for a re-shoot. You only take wedding pictures once in your lifetime.

cookiemz

hi sept 03 bride,

oh dear, i'm sorry to hear that your photos didn't turn out well... did you ask them for a re-shoot?

hi dream97,

my AD is 17/9, how about you?

S

sept 03 bride

Hi silver,Dream97 pooh and cookiemz,
thanks for all ur concerns.

i think the problem lies with the photographer and not the makeup loh. Its the angle that he used for the shoot lor.
Minnie did my makeup but I think she did a good job lor.

Although i did make noise that my face looks round but they din offer us for a re-take at all.

Majority of the pics turn out bad. Imagine during my initial selection, I only managed to choose only 20+ pics. Then ultimately we went for 30 pics in order to get a decent looking album to compensate for those pics.

I dun deny that some of the pics turn out well but the probability of those are so low. Majority are disaster.

Haiz,both me and my FH try to view this situation in a optimistic way. With so many badly taken pics, we are lucky that we do not need to choose so many pics, save the money up.

Basically I tink this Xiao Cai should really brush up his photography skills. Lesiure photographers like us take better pics then him.

M

mag teo

Dear All,

I also share the sentiment that Xiao Cai photography and service need some brushing up. Everything(the gown and service) was good until PS. Xiao Cai make the whole PS session so unpleasant. He did not bring you into the mood and have attiude problem. Same as Sept03 Bride, my photo selection was very easy as most of pictures were badly taken. I only choose 20+

I was ever ready to throw in ant $2k for addtional photo but din want to throw any more good money over bad.

I was very sad, but i told myself not to dwell on it and channel my fund to choose a good actual photographer so i could look good on that day!

S

sept 03 bride

Hi Mag,
did u feedback to Yvonne abt ur displeasures with Xiao Cai works?

M

mag teo

yes, I told her. she handled it quite professionally. She mentioned that there are good comments about xiao cai, maybe his style is not my prefence. I think is not easy in her shoe, she might need to protect her staff. I am meeting her again, will see how.

how's abt you? did you talk to her?

S

sept 03 bride

I did express to her that the pics are not well taken lor. But she said its ok....

i guess its like dat. They hv to protect their employess loh... but seriously she need to realli consider the amt of potential business which might be lost due to this factor.

Well.. i din insist that I wanted a reshoot cos i tink since the photographer is the same, likely it will turn out the same. Anyway i din realli wan to spend too much on pics, so might as well...
they helped me to save money heehee

pooh

Hi ahbui, cookiemz, happy1, Dream97 and Mag Teo,

Agree with Sept 03 bride.
Whatever is done cannot be undone. We should try to view this situation in a optimistic way. Since so many badly taken photos, we are also very lucky that we don't need to choose so many pics, save the money up.

ahbui, how's your AD makeup artist? YC manage to get another one for you since you don't like Ponnie's?

cookiemz

hi mag,

actually that's wat i experienced during PS too, but i was determined to enjoy myself that day, so i ignored his outbursts and mood swings...however my poor videographer who was also at my PS quite bey song after getting 'suan'-ed by xiao cai ...
come to think of it, i shd have feedback to yvonne earlier on :p

hi sept 03 bride,

ya..the good thing is that you dun have to spend a bomb topping up on photos... i agree with Mag on getting a good actual day photographer then you can blow up the good actual day pics to compensate for your studio pics...i will be doing that too..
happy.gif

D

dream97

Hi Mag,

I have to agree with you too. I am fine where work is concern but I am more fussy with the service provided. I am not exactly the happiest during the PS but told myself not to be bothered as it is suppose to be once in a lifetime.

One have to understand that not everyone is used to having the camera clicking away and yet be natural. The photographer should put in the effort to make the atmosphere more relaxed and put the couple into the mood...I dun believe Xiao cai called you by your name right?

Anyway, I am glad that the experiences with Yvonne and her gals are good. Always make me feel good after that.

Sept 03 bride, you are right, save the money for a good honeymoon then.
happy.gif

cookiemz

hi dream97,

we were probably all "mei-nu" and "shuai-ge" to him, dun have to make effort to know our names... make me cringe everytime he calls me that!!

happy1

Hi all,
Really glad i m not the only one who felt bad during the photoshoot. I thought it would be a happy session otherwise how would the photos look nice? But the session started off very horribly. Even my bosses don't treat me like dat! I had initially recommended my colleague to YC coz their services are good (Dily is very good in her makeup skills, Jane & Yvonne are always helpful etc). But after the photoshoot, I told her to reconsider as I definitely do not want her to go thru similar bad experience.

ahbui

Hi pooh

she din change for me as she insist ponnis is v gd ask me dun 'xian' liao..so no choice lor..

do u gals experience oni took 1/2 day ID n OD has to postphone to other day cos of raining? Do u hv to pay $ to compensate the MA to do another makeup 4 u? if yes, hw much u pay?

Thanks
happy.gif

ahbui

hi pooh

same as u lor.. did u get to go out on the 1st time of PS? or they finix the 3 gowns n arranged another day wif u? hw fast is ur ID? mine ended v fast..n xiaocai like no mood to take pic like tt..after my MA finix my hairstyle we hv to wait 4 him as he MIA to duno whr..so our ID v v fast finix, made me feel is a wasted trip lor..
sad.gif

ahbui

hi happy1

sorry tt message abv is to u.. i said hi to wrong person instead of u i typed in pooh :p bu hao yi shi..

pooh

Hi Ahbui

Both my ID and OD v v fast too! Or maybe I am not the 'beatiful' type so he got no mood also. My PS day not raining, so finish in one day only. They charge you for MA due to postphone OD? I thought YC should bare the amount of doing it, cause raining also not our fault mah, I saw other thread also no need to pay for MA...

ahbui

Hi Pooh

is tt so? hw fast? u started wat time n finix wat time? my makeup started at 11+am, really started shooting was alady 12+ to 1pm liao den snap less thn 5 shots he stopped n ask me go change nxt gown..the time spent shooting the 3 gowns is shorter thn waiting,hairstyling..
tink xiao cai realy depend on his mood..mayb he feel me n my hubby wun buy mani photos so tt day my PS he took v few shots 4 my ID
yalor raining is nt our fault n we alady veri sad liao stil hv 2 bare $$, though nt ex is stil consider a cost to us mah.. rite?
sad.gif

Hi Sept 03 Bride

me oso sept bride bt oni jus finix my PS..isxt worst thn u?
sad.gif
n like u said thr r mani wedding in Sept, so i oso v wori
sad.gif

sad to hear ur photos turn out so badly..me wori again cos i m nt those photogenic 1 den my photos wil nt b nice lor..
sad.gif

btw, whr r the places tt u gals go to for OD? or xiaocai brought u to the places he wan?

Thanks..
happy.gif

silver

Hi sept, pooh, ahbui, happy1, cookiemz n magteo,

After hearing you gals experience I really get worried. Is xiao cai the only photographer in yc?

teh

hi sept ,pooh ,ahbui,happy1,cookiemz , magteo & silver

I am worry also, eventhough i never join in the conversion during thiss few week due to my work ,once a while i do view in to get more feedback.

I would also like to feedback that last week i am suppose to have my trial makeup, but i believe they or Dily have postpone the trail makeup without inform me , so my hushand & my girlsfriend have waste the trip.clipart{sad} But when they realise that i believe yv must have felt bad when she realised our present based on her expression .
So what i did is in order not to waste the trip i request to tried on some day grown , still seaching the idea of grown i want.

For my girlfriend they really help me alot, by given me advise,so it good to bring in friend to do the selection..(advise)

Hi silver , how is yr trial makeup???
Hi sept ,pooh ,ahbui,happy1,cookiemz & magteo can i view some of yrs photoshoot photo..
U can email me @ : [email protected]

silver

Hi teh,

Huh how can they forget to inform you? So how do you find their gowns?

My wedding is next Jul so will not be having trial so soon.

ahbui

Hi silver

tink xiaocai is nt the oni photographer..i saw a lady alwys wif him..heard she is oso photographer

Hi Teh

i jus finix my PS duno hw long they will take to show me n get my album ready.. tink wil b veri near to my WD liao..
sad.gif
hope wun delay until my WD over..
sad.gif

S

sept 03 bride

Hi Teh,
my PS pics are not ready yet but i do have some pics which we took in between the PS.Took for the fun of it and to see which hair style is nice lor.. u still wan to view them or wait for my PS pics to be ready?

Ohh, the lady who is assisting Xiao Cai ahh? I tink she is a assistant to Xiao Cai cos she was helping me to arrange the "props" during PS. Then she will tell u how to pose and stuff like dat lor
But she din take any pics for us.

pooh

Hi Sept03bride

How come you allow to take own pics during PS? I thought yv say canot bring any camera and canot take own pics in their studio...
sad.gif

They also didn't tell me that I can borrow samples back to scan untill the day I got my album and saw couples collecting it to do their own scan, anyway don't bother since it's too late to do so.

Dily told me that the lady is only assist. she's not a photographer, or maybe she got promoted lor.

Hi ahbui

My PS also start at abt 11+, but mine ends around 6.30pm including OD, fast huh? My bro with other BS, almost 9hrs for their PS.... think xiao cai is the main problem la... He got no patience at all.

pooh

Hi Silver

wa... next JUL still long way to go, I guess you must be stress and some kind of worry to see us complaining here. There are also some positives comments, or maybe your experiences will be diff, hv to keep your fingers cross...

Still that word lor, deal with them carefully and be very firm with them regarding points or things you want. Especially when selecting gowns and photos, they will tell you everything is nice, like Teh, bring some friends along to advise you.

Hi Teh

They shdn't hv forgot to inform you... so bad of them... Hey, Dily is like that, think she's always late. I didn't do any scanning for my photos, so nothing to show you here.

thanks

Hi all,

hhmm... YC thread suddenly so active but with all the negative comments...

I had my wedding in May and basically I do not have many complaints with YC. True, Xiao Cai may be temperamental at times but i was really pleased with the end results. But that was probably becos I demanded to meet up with him a few times before the photoshoots. So he must had known that I am not easy to deal with?

But I am really pleased with my photos. All my friends commented that it was very well taken. I chose a total of 50 photos. Abit xin tong lah...

As for the makeup artist, mine was Minnie and I was pleased witht her skills too. Maybe she's YC direct staff so there wasn't any problems arranging the time.

So i was rather surprised to see so many negative comments on YC. well, I cant defend them cos there is a possbility that their service might hv dropped. Bt I just want u guys to hear another side of the story.

Cheers!

S

sept 03 bride

Hi Pooh,
i took during the pics during the makeup, and after wearing teh different gowns loh.. but i din take any in the studio.
U got ur album already?Are the effects good? DO u tink u can share some of ur pics with us?

Hi Silver,
just wish to re-assure u that on the whole YC is still good but just some negative feelings abt the whole PS session. But i guess with time, they should be able to improve on that portion. But of cos it will depend on the attitude of the person

pooh

Hi Sept03bride

When I ask Yv, she told me cannot bring own camera, no own shooting allowed! *sigh* , mayb just like what we have mentioned earlier, they select customers to serve, everything is up to them to say... and their attitude just like telling you that 'either you take it or you leave it' lor....

My wedding is over, they didn't tell me can bring back photo to do scanning, I only realised this when we pick up our album and saw couples picking up their samples. I did try to send my mini album to the konica shop, but cannot leh, cos they try to scan 1 for me 1st to show me, and find that it has some white dots because of the lamination is done, so no point waste $$ to scan my pics
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

ahbui

hi silver

i tot some1 in YC told me she is photographer? :p
mayb she is new..during my PS, peijun is the 1 who assits xiaocai lor..

hi pooh

wow..ur PS really fast leh..or mayb nt much time wasted on waiting during the PS so ended early?
mine wasted lotz of time waiting 4 him n ended arnd 7pm too..mayb we nt up to his standard cant pose to wat he 1 lor..
sad.gif

silver

Gd afternoon ladies...

Hi Pooh,
Ya still got so long to go n really getting worried meh. I think I ve to be very film wif Yvonne but personally so far yet to face any problems cos I did tell her that I don't like last min so I actually had book dily for my make up artist and arranged my ps first wk on Mar 04 (v ks I know hehe) but just worried they will last min cancel or make changes.

Hi Thanks & sept,
Thanks for ur reassurance. But can't help still worried lor.

silver

Hi ahbui,

Actually when I was at YC last mth, I think yvonne did tell me that they ve a new female photographer but no portfolio to show yet. Hopefully by next yr I will ve a choice btw them

pooh

Hi Silver

I think it shd be ok to be abit ks, if not you'll end up like me, me too lazy at that time, no do homework also... hey, try arrange your PS earlier, I rejected some poses in my big album as the touch up are bad, so waited another 2wks to collect, and luckily I took my PS early, if not no album to show during my dinner.
sad.gif

Hi ahbui

It's not we can pose fast, we are slow in posing too, it's xiao cai like rushing all the way, he didn't take much pics for us too, we also spend some times waiting for him everytime after the change of hair style.

silver

Hi pooh,

My wedding is next Jul n I having my ps 1st wk of Mar. Should be enough timing rite? Yvonne suggested Feb but my gf was telling me Feb still raining session so I make it in Mar.

S

sept 03 bride

Hi Pooh,
actualli i din ask her whether can bring camera anot loh, i just bring ...
anyway she wasn't ard so we just took some pics loh...
Now my worry is when they are able to give me my album,cos i'm tinking of doing a slide show lor.. Heehee.. we very evil.. we say we want it in 1 mth's time and she said ok but i expect her to delay 1 lar... how can so fast...
but anyway she's ok loh... so far she has realli been nice and helpful
happy.gif

pooh

Hi silver and sept 03 bride

yeah.. think don't ask better hor! ask already also cannot bring leh! :p

Think 4 mths is enough la, but still must be v v careful when they hand the album to you lor, even if they promised to let you have the album early, LOOK CAREFULLY at each pg to check if there's any flaws, 1 of my photo got 'tiny hairs' (like eyelashes size) inside somemore... I rejected 6 pges because of the touch up not well done, esp those close up poses, can see 'red lines' in my eyebags and smile lines, mini album, table top and the rest still ok!

sept03bride, glad to hear that at least you've got gd service from them
happy.gif

hope everyone here enjoy the wedding atmosphere but not 'worries'...
happy.gif
happy.gif