Yvonne Creative

silver

Hi chenoa,
I ve sent you the email. Pls check.

Hi Cin,
Oh ok. I always thought if we ve our ps earlier we will be able to get the album earlier too
uhoh.gif

Hi july,
May I know who is ur make up artist?

Hi ahbui,
I understand your concern. I dun like last min too....

silver

Hi ladies...

YC called saying she had cfm dily for me. I kay kay asked will dily last min back up but according to her dily do ve contract wif her so by rite such thing will not happened unless it's only tentatively booking.

I also asked why do some brides rcv their album so late. She explained that nowadays digital or mag sytle so take longer time
uhoh.gif
But she encourages if possible try to ve the ps earlier so I told her I want mine early mar. She said she will arrange n let me know.

Btw, fyi yc is going to shift to tanjong pagar. I think shd be ready by sep...

ahbui

Hi Silver

lucky u to get Dily
happy.gif
u better call her again 2 arrange the PS incase she forget..:p

I supopse to ve my 2nd fitting tonite bt they oni called me las evening to postphone reason is my material is nt here on time :-l hai..duno hw to trust them leh.. ;(

cookiemz

hi sept03 bride,

both of us getting married on the same day.. is Dily doing your makeup??
happy.gif

hi silver,

when is YC shifting to tanjong pagar?? didn't know leh..

silver

Hi ahbui,

Ya I will but now abit too early hehe but I ve already giving them much more in adv notice so they better dun come out with stupid excuses. After reading the threads really worried that they will last min make changes.

Hi cookiemz,

According to yvonne they are starting to reno the new place this mth. Shd be over by sept.

Btw, does you gals liaised wif yvonne directly or her staff?

D

dream97

Hi gals,

Have been reading all the msg for sometime. Very interesting and informative. Have signed up with YC during an exhibition and will be getting married in Sept 03.

So far so good...have my PS done recently by Xiao Cai. Though have not seen the photos, I believe it should be ok. However, as I am not the photogenic type, was totally uncomfortable and unnatural at first. Resulted in quite unpleasant experience with him initially. Luckily, managed to get the hang of his style and things got much better. Not sure how are your PS experience?

I got Dily for my MA and she is good. I saw Minnie's work when I was there, she is good too. Very chirpy and happy gal!

Hi Silver, I liase with Yvonne as she was the one I spoke to when I signed up.

S

sept 03 bride

Hi blur like sotong,
sorrie for the late reply as i was away fm S'pore. Hmm.. abt the thick makeup, well for me, i have alot of pimples problems so i tink that the thick makeup kinda conceal it a little bit.
But i figured that somehow it will not look as thick as it is on pics. My sis's makeup was rather thick too but on pics, it look realli natural
Yes i was there for my Ps. Well, i hv rather stiff bones and have problems posing for the cameras but overall it was fun.
happy.gif

Hi ahbui,
dun be lor. Since u have already gone ahead and paid for much for the package, might as well enjoy it.. u know what i mean. Maybe let them know ur expectations and say that if u feel happy with them... they can expect u to give recommendations for them and stuff like dat.. u know word of mouth

Hi cookiemz,
great to know that we are getting hitched on the same day heehee...
nope my make up artiste is Minnie.Btw, are u worried abt the dinner attendance since its a weekday?

silver

Hi dream97,
Glad that you ve gd experience wif yc. How's their range for EGs ya? I liaise direct wif yvonne too.

Hi chenoa,
Ve not decided cos mine is next Jul so too early to bk anyway. How abt you? Would you consider using yc for actual day?

bonjour

Hi all,

I'm looking for a makeup artist/ hair stylist for my customary which is on this Sept. I urgently need help in finding quotations and knowing about their skills. Please email me the quotes if possible. Really appreciate thy help and thanks a million in advance .

[email protected]

cin

Hi girls,

I just collected all my photo albums and gowns from YC earlier today (wednesday).

Although the entire photo album process was a long one (photoshoot in end feb, only collected final album today), it was relatively worth the wait as hubby and i are very pleased with our photos. The albums came out great, and thumbs up to Xiao Chai for his album design creativity and photography skills.

For those of you who are considering YC or have doubts about YC, rest assured... YC's staff are all very helpful and friendly, and open to discussion. Best thing is that if you have any queries, doubts or frustrations with them, just speak to them about it... they will try their best to accomodate/satisfy you.

My wedding this sunday, then honeymoon..yay!

teh

Hi all ladies
Still tight up with my job but just to congrad silver u manage to catch hold of lily, mine still waiting for respond..However yv did recently to me.

Hi cin will u public yr photo in the web , i believe we would like to view the photo..

For mine , i will only update the u girls further their service on july as i will only have my trial by then. Still trying to book lily for my ps.

Any sharing of photo pls include in my mail

cookiemz

hi sept 03 bride,

ya, our day is another hot day.. i still dunno which makeup artist YC is assigning to me coz Dily is not available on that day. Minnie did my ROM makeup previously, but not v suitable for me.

have you seen your PS pics yet? my makeup appeared quite thick in some of the pics, especially the close up shots, wonder if they can be "made" more natural?

hi Cin,

pls share your pics with us after you come back from your honeymoon...
happy.gif
all the best for your wedding and enjoy your honeymoon!!!
biggrin.gif

cookiemz

Hi sept 03 bride,

oops, forgot to answer your question.. heehee.. my dinner is on the 18th.. but i'm not too worried about attendance as i already intend to cut my guest list by at least 5 tables. I think weekday attendance rate should not differ much from weekends and it is usual to have 1-2 tables of no-shows... are you worried??
happy.gif

silver

Hi cin,
Hey I am glad to hear that your photos turned up well! So now can happily wait for your big day ya. Congrats! Btw, do share wif us ur photo after ur big day ya!

Hi teh,
Thx! So you will be having ur ps in jul too?

S

sept 03 bride

Hi cookiemz,
i hv not seen my PS pics yet. But I did used my own Digital camera and took some pics of the makeup and hairstyle. Those pics turn out well leh even though dun hv special lighting...my frens say the makeup look natural not too thick but yet it can cover my pimples. I have quite alot of them ard my cheek and chin area

Those pics which u say ur makeup look thick, izzit fm your ROM pics?

yah, initially my in laws was asking if we should postpone the dinner due to SARs. But i refused lar... but actually i hv no confidence lor that the attendance will be good. But anyway just go for it... dun wish to delay anymore..

cookiemz

hi Sept 03 bride,

i'm doing a final selection of my pics this week, probably later today, 2 months after my PS!! haha.. my makeup looks fine in my own digicam pics, but can see that it is thick in a few of the closeups taken by xiao cai, the rest are okay. But Dily did quite a good job in 'contouring' my face to make it look slimmer... heehee...

my wedding was postponed to sept coz of in-laws' concern too, and in the process have to look for other makeup artist and actual day photographer coz my original choices were fully booked..*stressed*.. Judging from the recent weddings held, the attendances are back to normal, so dun worry ok!
happy.gif

cin

Hi girls,

My wedding dinner is over! so glad we can heave a sigh of relief...everything went well, glad we chose the correct hotel, videographer, makeup artist and photographer. Everyone was full of compliments for my gowns, and our photo albums. Everything were oohing and ahhing over our photo albums heh heh, so topping up on the photos was worth it.

So you can be rest assured that choosing YC is the right choice. So don't worry

Yay! Now can go enjoy honeymoon liao...heh heh

silver

Hi Cin,
Hey glad that everything turned up well! So which photographer did you use for actual day? Do share wif us ur photos ya n enjoy ur honeymoon...

cin

Hi all...

Studio photo albums were done by Xiao Cai, we are very pleased with them...

Actual day was Monica from VividShots... Our videos and actual day videographer was from Treasure Productions...very unique, interesting and different concepts/ideas...highly recommended

Our wedding was held in Fullerton Hotel, and the banquet staff were all extremely helpful and professional, and everything went on smoothly because of their help.

Will share the photos when we finish loading everything up to the website. Thanks for wanting to see them hee
happy.gif

D

dream97

Hi Cin,

Congrats! So happy for you that everything turn out great!

Would love to see your photos. I am still waiting to chose my pics....cannot wait to see how they turn out to be.

Hi Silver, their range is ok. I went to Ted Collections in Bugis and their EG are georgeous!

happy1

I am going for photoshoot soon. Besides shirts, ties, shoes, slippers, are there anything else to bring? also need to go for manicure?

silver

Hi happy1,
Sorry can't help in ur qns cos yet to ve my ps. But if you are staying in the west, can consider going to this manicure shop call Nailgirl @ Ginza Plaza. Their french & normal manicure n pedicure at $14 each. You can call them at 67741070

cin

HI happy1,

remember to bring your rings, a straw for drinking from a bottle so you don't smudge your lipstick. Bring blotters, and moist towelettes ( to clean off your makeup just in case it smudges onto your hubby's suit when posing or hugging). Also, on day of photoshoot, wear something that opens up from the front like a shirt or something, so you don't have to pull it over your head and mess up your hair style.

Ok, and makeup remover sheets/cleanser if you are going out after the photoshoot. I don't think you want to go to orchard road or anywhere with such thick and kua zhang makeup
happy.gif

chenoa

HI Cin, Congrats on your the success of your big day. Would anticipate your photos
happy.gif
Have a fabulous honeymoon!

Silver, I don't know about YC's day photography. But like you, my wedding is somewhere next July or September, so no hurry oso. Looks like I can ask you for more advise as I go along....
happy.gif

C

carol 2

Dear all,

I'm another Carol that sign up with YC since last year & finished my PS at June '03. After reading the previous Carol message, I call Yvonne why there is such bad incident happen. But Yvonne told me that in her customer list, I'm the only Carol & she thought that I post this message. Btw, I have told Yvonne that the previous Carol is not me & Yvonne is a very understanding person. I believed that Yvonne wouldn't do such thing to customer. We must trust her so we'll be more relax.

On my PS everything go on very well & smooth.

So gals, don't worry. Yvonne will serve us with good services. Btw, I'm very happy with her service.

Regards,
Carol

teh

Hi silver and all girls

My ps have change to sept due to tight schedule and the coming of lunar 8 month so i change my ps .
sad.gif

My trial will be on next week which share with u ladies the output .
Cin glad to hear that u are happy with the output & hopefully u will shared yr photo with us.
happy.gif

pooh

Hi Cin

My AD was over, but after reading your early posting, I think Dily is always being late. She's 40mins late for my PS too, using the same excuse!!!
angry.gif
And Carol2 sounds like a staff from YC...

pooh

I agreed that their photos r not bad, but not in their services. anyway, my wedding is over, just hope those brides to be in YC, everything goes smoothly till your AD!

S

sept 03 bride

Hi all,
would like to check with u gers...
how long did u need to wait after ur PS to view the pics? I have waited for 3 wks now but yet it's not ready... I'm getting panicky now...
imagine we have to wait for 1 mth for the pics to be ready after PS, then for actual album how long do we have to wait? What if it cannot be ready by our wedding day?
Do u face such problems with them?

ahbui

Hi all

I need some advise on PS fr u gals..
happy.gif

whr r the nice places for PS? our discussion wif xiao cai nt successfully leh din com out wif any places..
sad.gif
n he din even go thru ppl's album wif us to see wat kind of photos we like..
sad.gif

wat time shld we b at YC? yvonne said 10am bt i kind of wori aft reading the link tt they alwys late..:p

do we hv to da bao lunch for ourselves n the rest of them?

n las qte: is phonnie's makeup gd? mine wil b done by her..

Thank you so much gals
happy.gif

pooh

Hi Sept 03 bride

I viewed my proof copy between 5-6wks after my PS, cos they claimed that there's too many couples waiting to view photos too!! (duno what excuse is this) and take about 3mths time for the big album. But few pcs of them are not well touch up, so I rejected and have to wait for another 2wks to collect, and luckily I took my PS early!

Hi ahbui

I took my OD some where near tenah merah, but xiao cai is not familiar with the place, and end up we didn't select much on the OD pics (only 4 OD pics in my album, but ID is nice). Try asking the photographer again where the places he recommand and ask for some photos to look at the places then u decide. If you really have place to go in your mind, make sure he know the place too. Oh! Remember to get the makeup artist's hp nos from YC, at least you still have a nos to call if they are really late and not like me waiting like a fool there!
happy.gif

My makeup done by Dily, so duno about ponnie's. But think she's a free-lance, I saw her topic under "P" section, can try look for her name thru the long list for comments (ask YC isit Ponnie Hsu, cos duno isit the same person from the topic I saw).
On your PS, there will be a break time for both of you, just need to buy for yourself, cos the rest will eat when you are doing your makeup or hairdo. (mayb can treat them some can drinks and hope they will treat you better... hahhaa... hey, the meesiam there not bad! but prefer to eat 'dry' food due to the heavy makeup)
My last advise, deal with them carefully. Especially when you select your photos, ask them to write down black & white whatever they promised, cos verbal promised may not be deliver! Be firm when you don't intend to get more additional photos, cos they will push you to buy more photos, 'entertain' you at first but show you black face when they know you are not buying!
Hope you gals enjoy your PS!
happy.gif

happy1

My "communication session" with the photographer didnt turn out rewarding as well. I asked for pictures/sample of places they recommend. I think this is a valid question. But they walk here, search there, ended up telling cannot find...how are we supposed to know then whether the places are suitable?
Also, I must say their choice of evening gown for outdoor shoot also very limited...some look quite night-club style.

pooh

Hi Happy1

My communication happened to be like yours too, so at the end we just tell him where we 1 2 go since he can't even recommand us 'any place', no photo to show where and how the background going to be. Maybe can try asking the photographer to show you those he had taken for other couples? I believe there must be some in the showroom that awaiting to be select, I'm regret that I didn't ask for it....
sad.gif
also agree with you that their OD gowns really limited. Think the only thing i can accept is their ID shoot, the rest like services, OTR gown and others..... *sigh*.....

june

Hi gals,

There was mention that other than Dily, the makeup artist is Ponnie.

For interest sake, is this the same Ponnie Hsu from OStudio?

Thanks.

happy1

Pooh,
no need to regret coz the results would be the same even if you asked...I asked for samples of their shots, not many were shown, only a few pages of the photos printed on A4 size papers, I think.

ahbui

Hi pooh and happy1

ya..i truly agree wif u on the photo sample..xiao cai claimed all the albums nt ready yet cant show us
sad.gif
bt las time when my friend (another couple who signed up wif yc) did the communication wif xiao cai, i saw them going thru the album wif him leh..bt when i request, he said dun ve
sad.gif
mayb ve 2 depend on his mood.. bt i really find it not useful 2 'communicate' if dun go thru album.. *hai* the WG n EG for ID n OD oso very limited n all very 'old' liao
sad.gif

pooh

Hi ahbui, happy1

I just went thru ponnie's website... think she only 'ok' with those pretty ones only... makeup still ok la, but hairdo... not my taste.. diff people diff expectations, so up to you to judge.
Two things I hate most from YC is that (1) they seem to select customers to serve (2) Postphone my appointment here and there they like!
I also saw xiao cai go thru albums with customers when I was there to select my gown...
sad.gif
i'm not those super picky type of person, and it's not that we want to bad mouth them but sometimes really fedup with the same amount we paid but we get diff services!! *sigh*

S

sept 03 bride

Hi gers,
I tink we must be firm wif them...i'm always beri chin chai 1 lor so i tink they r taking advantage of it...

cookiemz

Hi Sept 03 bride,

better call YC to check if the proofs are ready and chase them... Mine were ready within 2 weeks after PS, but YC didn't call me down then coz they say still early (abt 4 months before wedding).

During photo selection, I had reminded them repeatedly that I expect to collect the final album at least 1-2 weeks before wedding coz I need to to include the pics in my video presentation. I'm waiting to see the layout now... If they do not deliver, then we shd not make full payment right?

Hi Pooh, did they show you 'black faces'? hehehe.. i thought only xiao cai is the temperamental one, face colour changes quite fast... scary.

Services wise, i would say they are not bad lar... gotto give and take and it is easier to get things done.

Hi ahbui,

maybe you can arrive there at 10:30am? coz the photographer only comes in around noon, you have plenty of time to get your makeup done. I didn't have to wait for Dily coz I was the one late by 45 mins (not on purpose tho)!! kekeke ops, not supposed to be spreading bad habits here
biggrin.gif