Yvonne Creative

knowing

Hi ladies
sorry MIA awhile cos v busy n tired no time to log in
for my gf's case I need to go to YC to find out more first
cos my gf's sis has her version n i talked to Peijin there's another version like my gf's sis nt v cooperative during PS so gena suan
bt no matter hw i will be in a neutral position first.....

But choose Dily for makeup
she's REAL GOOD
n a nice person too

silver

Hi gals,

Like to check with you gals - I ve requested Dily to be my make up artist. Told yvonne when I went down last week but when I called her again this week to double check, she said dily ve to check her schedule and will get back next week. I am just wondering why do they ve to take so long to check if she is available? Moreover, my wedding is Jul next yr which mean I ve book her more than 1 yr in adv?
uhoh.gif

chenoa

Hi Fellow YC Brides,

Would like to know if anyone can share with me yur photos (those taken by XiaoCai) - [email protected]

I noticed that no one has addresses the question if we can bring the proofs / samples home for selection? Must we decide on the spot?
sad.gif

Is Yvonne good at making Cheongsum? I have not spoken to her before as I placed my deposit at wedding fair. There was not much of XiaoCai's works for reference. I hope I won't regret?

cookiemz

hi chenoa,

the last time i asked, YC told me cannot bring home the proofs to choose so have to do the selection on the spot.

From what I have seen so far, Xiao Cai's work should be quite alright, so dun worry too much. If you look into the Jan/Feb archives of this thread, u may be able to find the link to a happy YC bride whose photos were done by Xiao cai. Hope that can reassure you
happy.gif

cin

Hi Chenoa,

Yup, have to choose the pics on the spot, but take all the time you need, they won't rush you
happy.gif

Certain things can be airbrushed like wrinkle in the backdrop etc. Depending on how fussy you are (me very fussy haha) you should look out for minor details like whether your feet/shoes are properly photographed (cause normally when we take photos, feet anyhow place) and also take note whether they flipped the photos front to back (sometimes they do it because that angle better, but you will realise that your wedding band is now seen on your 'right' hand, and not left hand), and check whether the photos are sharp or not. If the photo is not sharp, no matter how much editing or photoshop you use, it will still be blur. Best not to choose that picture. Hope this helps...

From what we have seen so far in our photos and layout selection etc, hubby and I are satisfied with Xiao Cai's photography skills and album layout skills, now just waiting to see the final product. Keeping our fingers crossed that the albums will turn out as they promised ie. final product will be as good as what we expect.

happy1

Hi all,
I had my makeup done..looks quite good but its a different thing on photo.....my face is the one standing out coz it looks too white. I think its the foundation or the flash light. Anybody has any tips??

ahbui

hi Sept 03 Bride
U r so lucky tt can hv ur PS in Jun, me oso sept bride bt my PS is oni in Jul..
sad.gif
duno whether the photos will b ready by then..
sad.gif

when is ur big day?

Hi Knowing
U said Dily is real gd, do u knw wat abt ponnie? I ask YC to change Dily for me bt she said ponnie is oso veri gd n Dily has no slot for me. :-/

Thank u.
happy.gif

silver

Hello....

I ve requested yvonne to help me book dily but it's been almost 2 weeks and I ve not hear from yvonne. Do you gals think it need to take so long to get back?

ahbui,
You went for ur fitting and trial make up liao?

B

blur_like_sotong

Hi ahbui

my wedding is also in Sept too and my PS is on July too... when is urs?? mine is on 1st week of July.....

As for the makeup artist, heard that ponnie is good ... saw her works been advertised in those wed mag. too. maybe u want to check her website too.....

Going for my 1st fitting today...have u gone for urs already???

carol

Dear all,

My Huz & I very unhappy with Yvonne.
sad.gif
Actually I have booked my PS on Sat early on but Yvonne changed it to Sun. Co's she told me that the make up artist could not make it so I need to change it to Sun. On my PS, I ask the make up artist was it true that she was not free on Sat?? She ans. me that she was free & Yvonne didn't ask her whether was she free on Sat or not. I ever know that the sat I had booked, Yvonne has give it to another couple. I know it because the couple told the Yvonne staff that they left something in their shop when they having PS on Sat.

Another incident was, their staff ask my huz & I to reach their shop on 11am for PS but they open the shop at 12noon. The make up artist & both of us wait for 1 hr. The make up artist told me that this is the 1st time she wait for 1 hrs.

Maybe Yvonne really choose customer to service. My huz & I maybe not to add any additional photo, if it's took very nicely we also wouldn't consider it.

ahbui

Hi blur like sotong

my PS is oso 1st wk of Jul..we r on the same wk
happy.gif

I used my trial for ROM n most of my friends said (almost 90%) her hairstyling for me not nice n makeup quite heavy look..so i wori lor..
sad.gif

who is ur makeup artist? is she gd?
i've done my 1st fitting las wk..qte unhapi lor turn out nt as nice as i expected!
sad.gif

nxt wk wil b 2nd fitting shall see hw.. hai veri sad..
btw, wat r d colours tt yvonne let ur hubby to choose fr the suit?

thanks

B

blur_like_sotong

HI ahbui

so both of us having PS on 1st week....mine is on the Sat..how abt urs??

Yvonne has appointed Dily as my makeup artist...have not seen her yet....maybe tonite I get a chance to see her..(provided she is available to do my trial tonite)....

tonite i'm going for my 1st fitting ..hopefully things turn well..... as for my hubby's suits, Yvonne has recommended the beige one with mandarin collar (seems like she recommend the same thing to almost every groom-to-be) ...how abt urs???

cin

Hi Carol,

May i know who is your makeup artist? I think for regular makeup artists like Dily, they are given a spare key.

For us, we were told to be at the studio at 10 am for makeup and photoshoot starts at 11am. But when we reached there at 10am, no one was there and the shop was closed. We waited for about 20-30 mins...i was getting pissed off but Dily showed up and apologised cause she was held back by traffic as she had to send her kid to the doctor. So we give and take a bit lah, not like she was purposely late or anything...i hope...

As for changing the date...actually ours was also changed, pushed back by two weeks cause Yvonne said Dily was not free. We very chin chai one, cause our photoshoot was quite early, about 4 months before wedding, so two weeks to us didn't make much of a difference. I also didn't ask Dily whether she was really not free or not... my thinking is that as long as the date doesn't inconvenience us, then ok lor... like i said, we quite chin chai one, give and take a bit...hmmm, maybe sometimes might get taken advantage of also hor...
lame.gif
but i feel that if we are open to discussion, they will also be open to discussion on other things like small requests or bargaining lor...

I guess all this is part and parcel of photoshoots...as long as you look nice in the photos and have fun during your photoshoot, that's the most important right?

carol

Hi Cin,

Not I'm not chin chai, the thing is she shouldn't lied to us. If she want to let other couple 1st so she need to let us know & not using this way to postpone our PS date. Btw, we have make the appointment early on. Actually Sun I has some important matter on but I cancel co's I thought the make-up artist really can't make it. I don't have much leave left, Monday i still need to take leave to attend our important matter. If PS is on Sat, I wouldn't be taking leave. May to some of them, AL is not that important.

At least u just wait for 20 - 30mins but my huz, me & the make-up artist wait outside the shop for 1 hrs.

Actually my make-up artist also Dily but Yvonne told me that Dily is not available & changed to another one. Don't know how true is it???? Anyway, this is one time business so I also didn't ask her why she let out my slot to other couple.

silver

Hi blur like sotong,
I am just wondering why did you ve ur PS so late? Issit because all fully booked or ??

Gals, do you ve any idea can we contact dily directly instead of going thro yvonne?

ahbui

Hi Blur like sotong

Mine is on fri..1 day b4 urs
happy.gif

I tink Dily is fine mani brides commented she is gd..so tink u ve no worries..
happy.gif

Oya she oso recommend us to take that beige mandarin collar suit reason is it is nt so warm when wearing in the day. Bt i m qte disappointed tt thr isxt mani colours 4 us to choose. N if we 1 other colour ve to top up $..
sad.gif

i knw somebody wil b laughing at me y so particular abt the col to choose?! :p

I jus feel yvonne really choose customers to service.. :p

silver

Hi Cin & Carol,
Is Dily one of the staff of YC or freelance for YC? Mine supposed to be minnie but I requested for Dily and yvonne seems to be abit reluntant and told me will check wif Dily. But it's been almost 2 weeks and I still dun hear from her
uhoh.gif

Carol, I believed you ve booked Dily long in adv? How can yvonne or dily last min back out?

carol

Hi Silver,

Ya, I have booked Dily long time ago & yvonne even write down that Dily will be my make-up artist.

Yvonne told me that Dily is not available & she ask Minnie to be my make-up artist. After the 1st trial make-up, I ask Yvonne to change co's the 1st trial make-up is not suitable for me.

Hi ahbui,

I agree with u, Yvonne really choose customer to service.
sad.gif

silver

Hi Carol,

I can understand how you feel. I myself find it not fair too! Did yvonne inform you in advance that dily can't make or last min?

I am really getting worried
sad.gif

B

blur_like_sotong

Hi silver

we have voiced out to Yvonne that we want to have our PS in mid or end June..but she told mi that it is fully booked...can only get the earliest which is on July....i actually voiced out to her that i expected my album to be ready before my wedding ( early Sept) and she promised to deliver then......

Ladies, i think that the makeup artist,Minnie, is a fulltime staff with Yvonne....Juz want to double confirmed that Minnie is the girl who is quite tanned, slim , rite?? When i went to try the gown last time, i saw her doing makeup on Malay girl and subsequently she helped mi on selection of gowns...

Actually after reading u gals'postings, I'm "scared" that Yvonne will change my makeup artist too...will check with her today again....

carol

Hi Silver,

Actually I call Yvonne up & last mins she call up Dily to check with her. She told me that she'll call me 2 days later but she didn't. On the 4th days, I call her up then she told me that Dily can't make it & have change it to Minnie.

Still puzzling that did she really call Dily co's after the 1st trial with Minnie, I told her that I want Dily then she said, she'll call Dily again. If at 1st she really call up Dily, then why she need to call her again.........?????

Not I want to talk bad about her but she really lied to me so why I must believe her again.

silver

Hi blur like sotong,
Dun mind me asking, how long in adv did you call yvonne to book your ps? After hearing you gals, I think I ve to I think to book mine much earlier liao. I hate last min.

I think Minnie is full time staff cos twice I went down, I saw her there.

When I asked yvonne 2 wks back when I was there to cfm my package when should I start my design of gowns n ps, do you know what she suggested? She suggested my ps this dec! I was shocked why so early? And she told me to call her one mth in adv to make appt wif her to discuss the design of gown.

Hi Carol,
Looks like yvonne usually dun keep her promise of calling back? 2 weeks back she told me she will check with dily and let me know but because I dun hear from her so I called her last wk but she said dily will get back this wk only. I was wondering why does dily needs 2 wks to cfm if she could make it for next yr? I am already giving her at least 1 yr in adv. Now I begin to wonder did yvonne call dily
uhoh.gif

The only time she took initiative to call me was because I told her I may want to cancel the package so she called me to go down to see the gowns n discuss further...

B

blur_like_sotong

Hi silver

i think i told her on April (think so) ...then Yvonne did not get back to mi.... called a few times... finally when she called back, she told mi that i can't change my appt...quite disappointed on that,......

abt ur cfm of your design for gowns, i was told to confirm my gown design 6 mths before my actual day... and 1st fitting will be only 3 weeks before PS... quite puzzled abr the arrangement... b'cos for mi, i cfm my design in March and only get to try on the gown in June.... did queried Yvonne abt this but she told mi that this is the usual practice.

by the way, do u have any actual day photographer to recommend.... i dun want to get from YC.... and some of the actual day photographers i approached are booked..."very worried now"....

carol

Hi Silver,

I think Yvonne service is, once all the thing has almost settled, she'll put less attention on it.

Now I hope that my photos will turn out good & nice. Yvonne told me that I can get it within 10 days & will call me.

silver

Hi blur like sotong and Carol,

Sound like yc is rather disappointing. I am wondering should I call and book for my ps now! Super ks I know but ....

blur like sotong, why is their arrangement so weird? Btw, I ve a few quotations for actual day photography, if you want I can email you? Let me know your email address.

carol

Hi Silver,

Ya, I think you should book it early & firm with Yvonne that once booked you wouldn't changed it.

silver

Hi blur like sotong,

I ve email you quotations from Nick Goh, Yew Kweng and Erwin Tan.

Hey keep us informed of ur meeting up wif yc tonite.

Hi Carol,
Ok. Thanks for ur advise.

cin

Hi ladies,

Minnie is a fulltime with YC, but Dily is a freelancer, who works with three other bridal studios as well, that's why quite hard to get hold of Dily...

Hi Carol,
Sayang sayang...yah, your case worse than mine, make you wait so long and you didn't even get the makeup artist you wanted...

As for photos, we only got ours two weeks after the photoshoot...if you want it fast, better call and remind them... cause sometimes they are too busy, tend to forget.

We must all keep cool so look pretty pretty on wedding day ok? the best thing is to call Yvonne and have a talk with her regarding your concerns. If not, matters will only escalate and accumulate over time. Should nip this in the bud asap.

My wedding is in 11 days time, and my gown is not fully finished yet. It is done, except that i requested for more beading since my photoshoot in end Feb. Until now, still haven't finished beading both gowns...don't know why they are taking so long. I have checked with them twice already, but still not ok yet. But yvonne promised that it would be done by end of this week. They'd better man, otherwise i am going to scream!

S

sept 03 bride

Hi all,
finally my PS is over... rather tired out cos gota keep posing and smiling
happy.gif

Hi Silver and Ahbui,
my wedding is on 17th Sept, but i tink u may need to try to fix an earlier schedule with them for PS cos I tink they may need more time for developing cos Sept is a rather hot month
As mentioned, Minnie was my makeup artiste, well I tink she did a rather good job. Even my hubby who dun normally commented anything said that the make up looks good.

Hi Blur like Sotong,
u were there at YC tonite? Are the slim lady who went with ur sister? If u are, I tink that your WG looks nice....

silver

Hi Cin,
No wonder lah, yc keep pushing for minnie...

Err.. I am wondering is yc so gd biz or are they very slow
uhoh.gif
Aiyo they better make sure they ve ur gowns ready by this wk! If I am you, I sure make noise liao. Not that I want to be unreasonable but I really hate last min lor esp if I have given amber time...

Btw, u ve ur photo album ready rite?

chenoa

Hi Cin and Cookiemz,

Thanks for reassurance and advice. But having seen the subsequent discussions on YC's service. I have further doubts liao. Really crosisng my finger No Regrets.

Silver,
Can I also have your quotations?

Dily is also working with Wedding News - that's where YC's ex-photographer is now. I hope Yvonne don't have any disharmony with Dily. Was strongly recommended by the salesperson at the fair when I signed up.

ahbui

Hi Sep03 Bride

nt tt i wan my PS to b so late bt yvonne said the schedule too tight n hv to drag till jul lor..
sad.gif

B

blur_like_sotong

HI Sept 03 bride

Nope i wasn't the lady u saw..... i actually came in later with my hubby....when i went to YC, there were 2 brides over there...are u one of them?? ard 7.30 p.m.

Yesterday fitting was okie... except some alternations on both WD and EG....my gowns are very simple (halter neck)...Dily was there to do my trial makeup...not used to makeup so quite uncomfortable with it.... But overall yesterday was okie....

S

sept 03 bride

Hi Ahbui,
oh gosh... but i'm sure if she is willing to take a risk to have the PS in July, she should be confident to give u the album by ur desired date
Dun worry too much yah

Hi Blur like Sotong,
i know who u are... ur hubby was actually filming the trial makeup session yesterdae right, so sweet of him
happy.gif

How was ur trial session? U like what Dily has done for u?
Yeah, I was 1 of them. 1 of them is the slim ger and me the fat bride heehee...
I din managed to catch u in the WD and EG cos I tink i left at abt 8+
but i did saw a halter neck EG hanging there.. i tink it's like gold in colour? Is that urs? I tink its beri nice leh......

B

blur_like_sotong

Hi Sept 03 Bride

Yup..that's me....(*!*)

As for my trial makeup, maybe i am not used to makeup..i actually feel very uncomfortable in it.... do we have to put on such thick makeup for photography???

No, my EG is not that gold one...mine is a maroon colour EG....like that gold one too...Feel quite uncomfortable with my WD... especially for the low back.. so have requested them for a long veil...

So u were there for ur PS izzit?? how is it??

Hi Silver

Saw ur email areadi, will discuss with my FH...have called Yew Kwang areadi..he is booked on that day..sob sob.... Anyway thanks for ur email.

ahbui

Hi Sept 03 bride

I oso hope she can give me my album on time..i heard many ppl complaint she is giving them their album very late some even is on the nite b4 the big day! i realy wori!
sad.gif
kind of regret signing up wif YC! it suppose 2 b relax n hapi preparing wedding wif bridal shop bt nw i ve bn worrying tis worrying tt (gown,PS,album,makeup artist..) fr YC!
sad.gif

Hi blur like sotong

glad to hear ur session las nite was gd
happy.gif
at least u ve a pleasant nite..
happy.gif
u ve ur WG n EG MTM? when is ur 2nd fitting?

cheers
happy.gif

ahbui

Hi blur like sotong

i tink i tried tt EG b4 the neck is halter neck n the middle is 'see-thru' silk tt can see the stomach? if it tt 1, my frens said tis gown is nice.. u can consider leh
happy.gif

B

blur_like_sotong

Hi ahbui

my 2nd fitting is 2 weeks later....the halter neck EG is which color??? I dun think i "dare" to wear something which a "see-thru" portion..scared my fat "popped out" from my tummy...
blush.gif

how abt urs?? when is ur 2nd fitting??

silver

Gd morning ladies...

Hi chenoa,
Sure. Can I ve ur email?

Hi Cin,
Wats the usual practise? I mean to collect the photo b4 actual day?

Hi abhui,
How many mth in adv you called yc to bk ur ps huh?

Hi blur like sotong,
No problem. Btw, did you get Dily's contact no? At least if case anything you can help her direct and dun ve to go thro yc....

ahbui

hi blur like sotong

the colour is maroon lor..
happy.gif

mine nt nice
sad.gif
regret of tt design..
sad.gif
my 2nd fitting is nxt wk lor hope the EG will b nice aft adding beads or cystal..
sad.gif

Hi Silver
It was towards end of mar or 1st wk of apr i tink n yvonne said may n jun is fully booked n oni best time is early jul lor..
my fren who signed wif julia n her WD is sept too bt she had her PS in early May liao..wat a great diff..
sad.gif

july

Hi YC Brides,

I just had my PS last week and I do not like to hairstyle the makeup artist did for me ... how??

Can i request for another makeup artist for my actual day . Has any ex YC brides faces the same situation as me ? Pls give me some advise.

carol

Hi July,

Actually you can tell Yvonne that you want to change your make-up artist.

Btw, who is your make-up artist?

cin

Hi Silver,

Not sure, but so far it seems like couples usually get their wedding album a fews before the wedding date only...