but i haven't fixed an appt to meet him to see his portfolio yet
it happens my gf recommend me the same guy as Xiao Cai mentioned
happy.gif

bt i nt confirmed yet still comparing bt rite nw
no time to meet up them yet....

C

cutie22

Hi all,

Went down to YC & confirmed my design! So happy!

Spoke to Xiao Cai & but too bad, there were not many works to look at. Cos he had only taken for 3 couples so far. But can tell that he's a very hardworking person, who will really do his research b4hand.

I still cant decide whtr i will be using him. But Xiao Cai told me he will do some homework & cut out some photos & discuss with me the kind of style i like. So will talk to him again & hopefully by then, he'll hv more works to show me.

C

cutie22

Hi aimee,

Rather natural. But night shots not that impressive.

He said that he will deliver what the customer wants and not what he likes. Cant really judge cos i only saw 2 albums...

Hv u seen his works?

aimee

Hi,

Will b goin down next sat to choose my gowns and to see his works. Actually, I ike Dean's work and that's part of the reason I sign up with YC.

proud.gif

snowcat

Hi tee,
So coincidence. My wedding also in May03.

Gals, just curious, on the actual day, YC's makeup artist will go to my hotel for makeup before banquet or do I go down to her shop?

If my photoshoot is somewhere in late Feb/early March, when should I call Yvonne to make appt for my MTM WG?

If I wan my EG to be MTM, do you know how much I have to pay extra?

Quite sad that Ah Liang is leaving. But I hope we can move on to greener pastures.

aimee

Hi Cutie,

Keeping my fingers cross that i will like Xiao Cai's work. Actually wanted to go down this week but Feng Jie said they are fully booked.
sad.gif

C

cutie22

Hi snowcat,

I believe YC's makeup artist will go to the hotel. Nvr heard of brides travelling all the way to the bridal boutique. :p

My photoshoot also somewhere in Feb/Mar. But i've already cofirmed the design of the WG. I had 2 appts with them before confirming the design. 1st fitting will be in Dec. Tink you'd better meet up with Yvonne fast.

To MTM EG, need to top up $200.

Hi aimee,

Must let me know your feedback, ok?
happy.gif

cowie

Hi Snowcat,
The make-up artist will go to your house in the morning for your day make-up and she will be at the hotel to do your nite make-up
happy.gif
These are inclusive in your package. The only "additional cost" will be the ampoules and false eye-lashes for that day
wink.gif

If you are worried about the time-line, give Yvonne a call to ask her about it
happy.gif
I'm sure she will be able to work out a schedule with you
happy.gif

tee

Hi ! snowcat,

MTM WG needs about 2 mths to prepare, me going down to see 'xiao cai' work on 2nd week of Nov 02.

G

ginger30

i'd seen xiaocai's work. ok ok lar. no comments. still prefer dean's work though. but we are willin to let xiaocai take the chance.

went for my fitting and seems rather smooth. one funni thing is that feng jie seems to make remarks abt me to another colleague wich i overheard. i am pretty upset. fancy a tailor can be so rude. there should be a level of professionalism there. no control. lucky my hubby never hear. else he will lodge a complaint.

does anyone know how much do a make-up artist charge before 7am?? cos my hubby needs to come fetch me abt that time.

G

ginger30

Now I feel so rushed. My wedding is in Jan and I just feel so tensed. Lucky the gown is out. going down in 2 weeks time. my PS is in end Nov. But now I just worry abt the photography after reading carefully through all the comments again!

Cowie, do u know how long approximately it is to produce a mag style album? pretty worried here. cos I feel that i do not have sufficient time here, plus no mood when i face the abv incident.

cowie

ginger30, uhmm, I am not too sure about the mag style album. But if you let Yvonne know that you WANT the album before your wedding, I'm sure she will be able to co-ordinate that for you. Dun be too stress over it okay
wink.gif
Based on my experience with YC, if there is anything that you are unhappy about, talk to Yvonne directly. She is the one who calls the shots at the shop. Not the rest of the staff. She is very professional and will do her best to serve all her customers.

Sorry to hear about what Fengjie did. Was she really refering to you?? Is there an misunderstanding anyway? You may want to reflect directly to Yvonne about it, cos she may be able to arrange in such a way that you do not have to work together with Fengjie in future (at least not face to face). That may make you feel better?

Dun be too stressed. The wedding will pass very quickly. Take your time to enjoy the process of preparing for it. All the very best to your photo-shoot, as well as your up-coming wedding
happy.gif

xiaohui

Hi all YC Brides,

I oso signed up with yc. I just wonder has anyone pay the extra booking fee for Dean which initially agreed to use him.
As we are oreadi very tight with our budget & we signed up partly because we are quite impressed of dean's work.

nov

Ginger30,

The makeup at 6.30am cost additional $30. It increases on a half hourly basis as it gets earlier.

knowing

Hi burger
no news is good news hee hee

for updates me going for trial makeup by Dily tomorrow & to try for gowns too

u leh when going to YC

burger

Hi knowing,

Dily is a old-timer in YC, is it? when is your wedding? Have u decided on your gowns already? MTM or OTR?

My hubby is away now, so, I oso dunno when would I be going down YC.. just wondering recently how is everybody - eg. the new photographer's fotos lah, any other comments about their make-up artists lah.. hee....I super kpo..
biggrin.gif

btw, how did you end up using Dily? Recommended by YC?

knowing

Hi burger
I think YC has a few makeup artistes but Dily did makeup for 2 of my gfs & they recommended her so i took her too
happy.gif

my wedding is 14Feb02, u??

hmm new photographer's work, i have seen some quite natural too but haven't seen a completed set he took for the couples at YC

my wg is otr but i still haven't decide which gowns to choose so i shortlisted 2 n Yvonne said will alter the 2 gowns to my size
wait till after photoshoot then i decide

my EG is mtm, designed by Yvonne, i love it v much after seeing the real thing, thot of buying it down but then i think i will grow fat after tt so won't fit in the gown one ha ha

G

ginger30

Hi Crystal,
I had Fauziah as my make-up artist. Her make-up is natural and one thing I like is that she can create a pinkie "pretty" tone of make-up for me. So no worries about that.

Hi Cowie,
Thanks for the advice. You are nice.

aimee

Cutie,

Ok, i hv seen two albums which Feng Jie told was done by Xiao Cai. But I can c a different in the style, somehow i felt that they were by done by two photographers. His work is normal, nothing impressive but mayb Dean and him has a different style thus cannot really compare. And I only get to c 2 miserable album which the others are brought to the exhibitions at Suntec.
sad.gif

I did ask y Dean leave YC. She did not really tell me the reason but just said that some customers did complain about his work. Is it true? It seems to me alot of them like Dean's work.
crazy.gif

I manage to select my WG OTR instead of MTM. I hv shorlisted two bustier tops. I was surprised that I can bustier top.
proud.gif
Along, i thought I can only wear those with off shoulders or cap sleeves bcos of my flabby arms. But Feng Jie insisted I should try some other designs. Thanks to her anyway, frankly I do not like to wear those with sleeves, cos I felt that I look awful.
bounce.gif
wink.gif

Got to go down on 22nd again for the fitting of WG and choose the colour of EG. Real worried that Feng Jie cannot make it for my PS on 9th Dec 2002.
uhoh.gif

snail

Hi all YC Brides

I went down for my 2nd fitting last Sunday.
Got a "shock" when Sher (designer) told me that Ah Liang is leaving. The reasons she told me is that he got some compliants frm customer & he is going for commercial shootings in the future.
i feel quite upset bec. i hve signed up the package partly of Dean. And i taking my PS this mth.

My makeup artist is Fauziah, she is O.K.
Can communicate well.

knowing

Hi Snail
Me too SHOCK when heard ah liang is leaving
i even call Yvonne to verify
but dun be too upset give some confidence to the new photographer maybe go down n take a look at the new photographer's work no use to get upset over it loh cos we must be happy as its our BIG day
me also taking my PS this mth or next

hw's yr trial makeup
my trial i find tt my makeup nt v natural...

joker

Hi Ladies,

So how, if we still want to use Dean, do we still have to pay the $300 booking fee?? Has any brides here still insist on Dean and have to fork out extra $$$$? anyone care to share? It's could be a big disappointment if the new photographer is not up to our standard, I mean, you get to keep your photo album for life, and I want it to be well-taken and not some piece of shit which I regret whenever I show it my friends/relatives or even my kids in future.

Weary weary

burger

Halo Crystal,

Sorry for the late reply.. but I haven't go for my trial make-up yet... work got busy and my hubbi and I can't compromise on a good timing.. will update you once I go thru it..

K

konica

hi all

I start to worry after knowing that Dean has left YC.. how ah?? I signed up wif YC is mainly bcos of Dean. He is gd leh..
I worry the new photographer is not as gd
sad.gif

i shldnt hv signed so early
sad.gif

how how how????
sad.gif

snail

Hi Knowing

Thanks for yr concern.
Me-Trial makeup is fine.

But my 2nd fitting not sooo fine.
i suppose to meet up with Dean. Then Sher pops that He is leaving. I didn't get to see the new
photographer yet. Hve not communicate with him yet.My WG (mtm) also not ready. Sequins not sewn. Anyway,i hve request to come down again before my PS.

Why is yr 2nd fittings?

burger

Dear all,

Anyone knows of good places to find bridal shoes? (Besides Hue and Daniel Yam) My friend has no time to customise @ Leapin' Lizard and is sourcing for shoes..

knowing

Hi Snail
What's trial makeup suppose to be
natural, heavy or what
cos i dun look nice after the makeup by
looking at those digital photos i have
taken
sad.gif

My gfs asked me not to change makeup artiste
dun know leh, i still pondering
is it becos the color doesn't suit me & got
nothing to do w her skill or what

ist fitting is go n choose yr otr gowns
n plan yr mtm gown rite
so the second time i went is try my mtm gown
n third time is to try all the gowns including
photoshoots one

snail

Hi Knowing

i hve bring along a page of a Bride mag-the model's makeup is something i got in mind.
I show it to YC makeup artist, she recreated it on my face. I find it OK. I personally didnt like makeup of 'Red-based'. You maybe look 'ang-gong gong'in the photo.

if u are not comfortable with yr trial makeup,talk to the makeup artist & on the other hand,You can flip thru' magazines & if u come across any makeup you like, Tear it out & show it to yr makeup artist, ask her opinions.

Hope this will help.

tee

to all YC brides, so long never write in this forum, hee hee ... i have seen xiao cai's work and I found he is as good as ah liang, so we decided xiao cai to be our photographer.
our PS will be in Jan 03, can anyone suggest places that is nice ? like some green and blue ?

crystal

hi all
I've seen xiao cai's work, don't really like it, still prefer Dean.
How????
Has anyone insist using Dean without paying extra?
Very disppointed......
Can ask for refund or not?

tee

Hi ! Crystal,
If you like Dean, then I suggest you should talk to Yvonne and tell her your problem :)

knowing

Hi Snail
My gf jus had her ROM makeup done by Fauidzah
she's pls w it
nt sure if i want to change the makeup artiste

Hi Crystal
Tell Yvonne yr concerns
but i dun see Dean at YC liao leh

O

orangecup

Hi all,

I would like to find out if anyone know where is Dean now? As in - is he is another bridal boutique or he is out on his own? Does anyone know if he does wedding day shoots?

joni

Hi Orangecup,

He's now at Wedding News Bridal Couture, saw him last mth when i requested to meet their photographer... don't think he is out on his own cos he doesn't have a shop. Like all of u, i was also very impressed with him, but when i learnt that he changed bridal boutiques so often, first precious moment, then YC, now WN, within 2-3 years... i got worried whether he would change shop again?? So never sign up with WN lor.... it's a pity, i think Dean does very good works!

O

orangecup

Hi Joni,

So, u signed with YC? I didn't know Dean was from Precious Moments, but I think he has been in YC for quite some time liow..

I guess if you are afraid that he will leave, if your wedding is in the near future, think it's OK. I don't think he would be job-hopping that much?

So, u are using Xiao cai?

joni

Sorry Orangecup, i didn't sign up with YC, just kpo pop in this thread cos i saw u mention Dean...

The problem is, my wedding is more than a year away... so i thought i better don't risk it, his job-hopping is very worrying! I thought he was only with YC for 1 or 2 yrs??

Anyway, if u've already signed up YC, might as well take their new Xiao Cai, there's no guarantee that dean will give YC customers good work even if u top up $300... he no longer has a stake in YC mah! Just my thoughts...

J

jt

hi all,

hv been following this thread for quite sometime already. agree with joni that since u hv already signed up with yc, u might as well take their new photographer. in fact b4 i went for my trial makeup few wks ago, we were still wondering whether to insist on having dean as our photographer. however, after we saw his recent works, we decided to take the xiao cai instead. reason is b'cos we feel he didn't put in much effort n tat quite a no. of the shoots he took r quite blur. n according to yc, a lot of customers r actully not satisfied with his works recently as he is always late for the ps n will get the assistant who has not much experience to cover for him for the 1st few hrs.. in addtion, it seems tat he is fond of making empty promises whereby he will try to persuade customers to develop more photos and tell them that everything can be touched up even though he knew tat it cannot be done.. n it will be too late when the customers know tat they r being "cheated" by him. therefore, i would suggest u to hv a discussion with yvonne n take a look at his recent works 1st b4 insisting on using him as ur photographer. hope this info would be useful to u..
happy.gif

tee

Hi ! JT,

who is your make-up artist ? r u happy with her make-up ? my trial make-up is next mth, duno who is my make-up artist as Yvonne say she will arrange for me.

J

jt

hi tee,

my makeup artist is dily, quite a nice lady n we r comfortable with her.. was initally quite worried as i've never seen her work b4.. but quite satisfied after the trial makeup..
happy.gif
so u hv any idea when u will know who is ur makeup artist?

A

ah eng

hi all,
just pop in to say that i had my pic taken at yc few years back.....makeup artist was dily (in fact she was my hubb's cousin)...and ah liang is my photographer....i was so satisfied with their work tat i ended up with an additonal album "P ....irene and dily are students of the same teacher, so they have the same style of makeup ...

knowing

Hi
but during my trial recently dily put a lipstick color tt doesn't suit me (feedbk from my gfs)
so i am thinkin after photoshoot then decide whether to change or nt

Ah Liang only join YC one yr ago cannot be few yrs back leh

aimee

Hi all,

Hv you heard of angie? she is goin to be my make-up artisit. Heard that she is dily's sister? i had my trial make-up, not really satisfied cos too 'red'.
sad.gif
. This is my second make-up artist liao. dont' wish to chg further cos veri paiseh.
embarrassed.gif
Actually wanted dily but she is booked. Can we show them picture of the style that we prefer?

knowing

Hi aimee
who is the makeup artiste who did yr make up too red?
& u go for another trial is it
hw much does it cost?
Thank you