Which Slimming Centre is the Best ?

bluesky3000

I strongly recommend Absolutewellness for those of you who would like to lose some weight or to trim away stubborn areas in your body. Staff are very encouraging and are always ever ready to answer any questions you have. I’m seeing results each time I visit them for my sessions.

Trying to eat clean and healthy is the hardest part throughout this treatment. But the encouragement from the team make this tough weight loss journey a much enjoyable experience!
oooo how much did you pay for the private trainer package?

Aj.tan

I am lucky I have not been to any said "slimming centres" or shark tanks like Jean Yip or London weight where there's a high possibility of being scammed!

The past few years I tried medical-grade (& PROVEN) treatments from aesthetic clinics and would like to share my two cents.

1) Coolsculpting or cryolipolysis - it promises 20-25% fat loss but I find it costly. $599 a handpiece that spans about two palm's size. My tummy area needed about 2 and love handles 2. Too expensive for me! Results were alright but not impressed.

2) duromine appetitide suppressor. Works but gave me heart palpitations! You can get this from a doctor. I wouldnt recommend it though; I stopped in 1 week.

3) Vanquish Me. I started a with a $180 trial at healthsprings clinic. Some sort of radiofrequency heating tech going on.. They promised 1cm per session. In the end I signed a package of 3k plus for 6 sessions of vanquish me, exilis something (for tightening) . I completed the course and shed about 5.5cm off my waist. After that I try to maintain with weekly pilates. Right now I'm 29inches in my waist and its a great difference. downside is that it gets boring during the 40 mins treatment, no phones allowed. Maybe you can consider this!

Please don't trust dubious slimming centres with overly hyped marketing. Clinics and doctors are much more credible!!! Anything goes wrong you are protected by MOH and SMC.

Hi! Is it possible to see some results from the first session for Vanquish me?
Am considering trying but am quite scared they say I will need xxxx number of sessions and make me sign. :/

Mia F

If you are looking for cheaper alternatives, the gold standard (and instant result) would be Coolsculpting! Cheapest in the market is Chelsea Clinic at Wheelock Place : $399 nett for one handpiece.

standard sized? i tried a trial at lush aesthetics couple of years ago and they have different pricing for different sizes.

Aj.tan

Hi!

To be honest, there was selling to some extent.. there's a sales manager at the counter. Its quite common in some clinics. You cannot see results in 1 session. Need a full vanquish me package at least 6.. So prepared to spend about 3 plus - 5k. If you're ok with heat this is fine.

If you are looking for cheaper alternatives, the gold standard (and instant result) would be Coolsculpting! Cheapest in the market is Chelsea Clinic at Wheelock Place : $399 nett for one handpiece. I just did it for my inner thighs. Now got nice thigh gaps. I tried on tummy previously, but only used one handpiece so results was so so. This time wiling to splurge 2 x 399 on thighs. I also love it cos there's no need to commit to packages or sales manager selling here- just doctor and assistants. Sian part is cannot eat carbs for 3 days. or try not to..

The amount I spent on treatments hahaha!!!

I also try to maintain with regular rebounding class! It increases my metabolism so I can eat without growing too fat!!! Thats very important ya.
Thanks for the reply!
So for coolsculpting some results from one application, since you said it is instant :p
I'm very sceptical when I can't see any results at all (understand these things take time + multiple tries but there should be a slight improvement?)
Any downtime for coolsculpting? Approx how long is one session? Thanks

Aj.tan

Hi guys!

When I said instant, I meant you can actually see results in one sessions cos supposedly each treatment can remove like 25% fat! My results peaked in about 3-4 weeks can't remember. It's not like vanquish where I had to commit to one full package & multiple sessions in order to get some results.

There's no downtime. After the handpiece thing came off, my flesh was frozen like a block of ice. A bit sore for a few days after but manageable!

Yes $399 is standard size. cool mini is $600. Strange because handpiece is smaller.

I know they have larger sized ones at $999 or something at vidaskin, twice the size of regular size ones. A friend did it there too and he claims cool sculpting is so effective when he gained weight, the area that came in contact with the handpiece (and got frozen) remained flat. Don't know whats the science behind that though!

Did you go to Chelsea clinic? I tried to ask a clinic via WhatsApp for their price and they refused to tell me ...

Mia F

A friend did it there too and he claims cool sculpting is so effective when he gained weight, the area that came in contact with the handpiece (and got frozen) remained flat. Don't know whats the science behind that though!

because fatfreezing is supposed to kill off the fat cells at where the machine came into direct contact with, so that area of his body no longer has anymore living fat cells, hence won't "grow" even if he puts on weight.
but this also creates another potential problem with fatfreezing (since their machine head usually are quite small and target specific, small areas while we have fat cells all over our body). when you gain weight, you might end up with a michelin, rippled look on your body. LOL

and results is not instant for me (lush aesthetics also claims results cannot be instant). the fat cells are supposed to slowly die off and get excreted by our body. so results are supposed to show gradually over a few weeks/months.

Aj.tan

because fatfreezing is supposed to kill off the fat cells at where the machine came into direct contact with, so that area of his body no longer has anymore living fat cells, hence won't "grow" even if he puts on weight.
but this also creates another potential problem with fatfreezing (since their machine head usually are quite small and target specific, small areas while we have fat cells all over our body). when you gain weight, you might end up with a michelin, rippled look on your body. LOL

and results is not instant for me (lush aesthetics also claims results cannot be instant). the fat cells are supposed to slowly die off and get excreted by our body. so results are supposed to show gradually over a few weeks/months.

I was considering Chelsea clinic and lush aesthetics... Did you have to sign a package for lush? Also, did they hard sell a lot? Thanks!

Mia F

I was considering Chelsea clinic and lush aesthetics... Did you have to sign a package for lush? Also, did they hard sell a lot? Thanks!

i took up fave deal (back then when they're still called groupon) for a trial. and they didn't hardsell at all. I think it's harder for them to hardsell fat-freezing sessions compared to other kind of slimming treatments because you don't see/feel any results immediately after the session, so there's absolutely nothing they can bang on to entice you.

Tried fatfreezing few years back, ya no immediate result, so consultant also never hard sell. And I see no result after few weeks too. Guess one session is not enough

Tried Dorra slim. just to target my love handle. The treatment called bye bye fat. Each session cost $200 - $300. I did see my love handle become smaller.

Tried bottom slim. The treatment is about using machine with padding, it is to stimulate the muscle ? Or maybe increase metabolism rate. I do see the similar treatment in LWM. Also tried one session of a treatment that can see instant result. Forget how much, but did see the result after one treatment.

Tried LwM for the first time in 2010. That time the package was about $700 for 10 sessions. Each treatment include steam bath, then wrapped with slimming cream and lie in hot blankets. Lose total 2kg after 10 treatment. Then bound back after that.

Revisit them in mar 2019. Similar treatment and they quoted me $6000 for 20 sessions. Then the branch manager asked me signed a more expensive package and give more types treatments (more machines to use). Very hard sell and told me I sure can lose 10kgs. after 4 month treatment (twice a week), I lose nothing. And then they ask me to sign another package, quoted me $20k. I rejected and they offer a smaller package, rejected again and they officer smaller package again. I stuck there for like one hour to listen to her. The price they quoted for each Treatment is crazily expensive.

After so many $$ spend on slimming , my experience told me : those with instant result / or fast result might not able to last long.
Slimming center is help to lose weight and shape up, but does not mean effortless to lose weight.

mintt

Hi, from experience i don't recommend any slimming centre to begin with as it is very expensive (unless you are rich) and doesn't show visible results. If you really want to lose weight, all you need is a change of diet and exercise at least 2x a week. I have lost 5kgs, 2.2% body fats in 2 months by just doing that. If you want to know more can pm me.

JunSTSG

Hey cherry, I been through a program for 3months and now is my 9th months. Still keeping my shape and weight slim.

Emilyhu0923

Im back on my second session of Coolsculpting, hoping to get to 27 inches by cny haha! Paid $399 x 2 - yes the promo is still on...

For anyone who is keen, you can look for Dr Ewen Chee at Chelsea Clinic. There are also female doctors there if you are a bit shy. It's at Wheelock place, very convenient.

You can also pair treatments with regular pilates- it really helps with toning the body!
Is Chelsea clinic good? apart from Cool sculpting do they have other services? I try mine at Astique Clinic at Shaw house level 10. Good services , looking at price comparison.

Aj.tan

Is Chelsea clinic good? apart from Cool sculpting do they have other services? I try mine at Astique Clinic at Shaw house level 10. Good services , looking at price comparison.
It's okay I guess? I went to Chelsea clinic once. Doctor will recommend you treatments... But I wouldn't say they hardsell. They try to make you feel comfortable cause quite tiring to lie there for so long cannot move...

I went to LUSH as well, experience is meh.

littleberu

i took a 3 months program and the results is effective (it does incorp some eating habits but I find it ok coz im still able to eat). My frend who is much more bigger size than me lost 10kgs within 3 mths. I find it effective, affordable and also help in my overall well being. let me know if you want to know more =) can PM me or email me [email protected] so i can share more details for u

taste_life

The best would slimming centre would still be your own kitchen! Eat healthily for few months coupled with regular exercise and you'll lose weight! Much cheaper than going to slimming centre :)

Miyapicks

I tried slimming centres, intensive workouts, coolsculpting at the docs (900 per area), end up what worked for me was a 60 days detox prog + balanced diet + regular workout (30-60 mins a day).

LY26

Hi! Is it possible to see some results from the first session for Vanquish me?
Am considering trying but am quite scared they say I will need xxxx number of sessions and make me sign. :/
Hi, I have some sessions from bottom slim, each session they charged me $330, (selling away at $280) pm me:
Thanks

littleberu

I tried the slimming center (starts with "D") but find it not so effective - my weight like dun really drop and need to keep signing kind. but i stopped signing already.

I went for a 3months program instead - come with supplements,healthy meal plan etc. after 1month, veseral fats dropped .. after 3months. can see the difference.

My friend who is much more bigger size than me - she lost 10kgs within 90days and now still can maintain (after 4 years)..

PM me if keen to know more. [email protected] or 91778508

JuliannaQQ

I would recommend Love De Beauteous at 177 Toa Payoh for slimming center. It consist of cupping sessions, purely with herbal cream and cupping. No machines needed. Of course, diet is needed and to be following the diet, depending on what kind of cupping you are being recommended. Definitely, different body adapts to different methods. I tried the first type - flexible diet: meaning i can still eat carbs everyday, but minimally. Initially, it was going well. But slowly, as my work load adds on, it started to slow down. Then, the lady boss recommended to let me try out another cupping which is strict diet, without carbs in my meals. During the first two sessions, my weight dropped 2kg immediately! and subsequently, it continued to drop and i see effective results now. I still eat big meals at times when i am out with my friends, with the jelly to block the carbo intake and drink lots of water after that. however, when i am not, i followed the meals strictly and i see fast results. Til date, been 3 months, i had lost 7-8 kg! It could have been faster, but my weight stopped dropping for almost a month, which caused the delay of seeing the results. I am still continuing my session, till i reach my ideal weight! Remember to follow diet, drink more water and rest well.
They are very friendly and they don't hard sell - they will see what is your budget and try to work out the best packages for you, sometimes free session here and there. Lady boss also conducts the sessions herself and always gives advices - they even helped me with my aching body and help rejuvenate parts of my body. I really recommend this.
PM me if you are interested to know more about it! You can email me at [email protected] ! :)

lluv_angel

Slimming can be easy and achieved at home within 3 months. Further, the slimming result is long lasting without having to go through slimming salon which can be very costly. Brides-to-be can pm me if you are interested in healthy DIY slimming. Willing to share more

alexendra

Hi i know this is an old thread but i'm just gonna post it here, which hopefully will help someone. I never go to slimming centre but I did use the balloon, and the weight dropped like magic :D I was 102kg.... now i'm 91kg. So i lost total 11kg in about 13-14 weeks? Still looking to lose a bit more haha but so far so good

purpletulip02

hello!!! I just joined the forum but I always read the posts as guest.
Just wanted to share a weight management that I have tried, safe, effective and most importantly no rebound! I have introduced 5 family and friends on this prog! I have tried slimming center before, it rebound faster than it lost. :( pm me I am willing to share more with u all!

background of myself. I am already a mother of 2, gg 3! and post partum weight is very hard to lose. I tried slimming center before I got married. after my marriage, I put back. then I was preg and I didn't bother to look for other weight management method. till I knew of this and since then I never look back. I feel healthier as don't have to go through needles or machine pressing, wrapping etc... is safe and easy to follow method! :)
Could you share pls?