Wedding Rings

deremi

hey all,

heard that buy wedding bands frm goldheart they will gv a ring pillow? izit true? anyone know?

elven_princess

Mine are from Tiffany & Co's. The Elsa Pretti range is really nice. For their diamonds, they will only set in it platinum, & there will be no resizing. If they dun have the size u want, have to order & wait abt 4-6 weeks for them to arrive from the states.
happy.gif

glamourette

TIFFANY doesn't come in my size!!! I went to look at their bands and my fingers are too small. TOO SMALL, CAN U BELIEVE IT?! Sheesh! Anyway, I'm looking at Cartier. Still looking around.

As for Diamond Industries, I think they do have good diamonds if you asked them and if you go at the right time. They have the smaller and cheaper ones... but the one at Scotts is pretty good. Diamonds are like that, you've got to be patient before u chanced upon the ideal one for you.

So, this JOSI place seems good huh? Wonder how much they charge for a pair of wedding bands. I've got my engagement ring already though. So, cannot bargain anymore for the carat.

ahlee

Hi, anyone know where can i get my wedding band engraved? The shop tat i bought the ring don't have this service. So like to know where and what is the price of it? If can engrave chinese character will be better.
Thanks.

junibride

hi Allie,
we didnt have wedding bands, instead, i got a diamond ring for my FH as well...we tot the engagement ring he got for me is too elaborate already (a solitare plus 4 tiny diamonds on each side), so we didnt want to risk getting a wedding band tat doesnt not match this ring. we use the $ to buy another diamond ring, just a 0.5 carat for him as well... as this is more matching than 2 plain wedding bands, 1 for each of us. JOSI GEMS is not tat exp.. my FH's 0.5 carat cost 3k, including setting. engraving is free. best of all, it takes only 1 week for setting the diamond onto the frame n engraving as well. U can try there. Plus they have lots of magazines all over the world for u to choose from... cartier, bvlgari, tiffany.... whichever design u want, they can do exactly the same.

glamourette

Went to JOSI on sunday. But they're closed. I was thinking they're a shop with a shop front. But they're actually on the 8th floor at Park Mall.

But I may be looking at bands without diamonds. Does JOSI do that too?

junibride

Yup Allie but dun be fooled by the looks of the shop... they operate like a company on the 8th floor instead of those on the ground floor. tats how they can quote u a good price wat since their rent is cheaper. Definitely they can do just bands w/o diamonds. Look for Uncle John. A really funny n humourous man who is almost semi retired n plays golf more often than work. they r opened from 10am to 4.30 pm on weekdays n 10 am to 2pm on sat. it is closed on sunday. Uncle John will tell u he is old already n is looking forward to retire but pls.. he is only 60 n looks fit. There is a Simon there too n a lday called Emilene..(smtg like tat but not sure of the spelling).. just tell Uncle John ur budget. dun have to be shy... he can sure do it for u.

glamourette

Sounds really good. I'll give them a shot. Really worried that they can't meet my tight budget and high expectations. *cross fingers*

Thanks Juni. Much appreciated.

zenith

hi allie,
hv u check out josie gems? how's the pricing there? i'm also thinking of getting them to do my wedding bands.

miffy80

hi need your kind advice please. I was thinkin of gettin a diamond ring for my wedding. The thing is i think 0.3 is too small, 0.5 is too big. 0.4 i don't quite like. Alittle pan dang... so wat do you suggest? Another thing is that if I get a GIA certified ring of the same specifications from different shops. how I determine which would give a better brillance and shine? Many thanks :D

tanjls

Hi blur gal,

u gotta look at the proportions (table, etc) ...it should fall within a certain range so that it is as close to ideal as possible...check out the net for the dimensions for ideal cut. The closer is is to ideal the shiner it will be. Hope this helps... =)

miffy80

Thanks alot! I know D is the best color and no inclusion are the best. but that's comes with a hefty price tag. Budget is about 1500-2000. If the specifications (i.e Colour, Carat, Clarity, Cut i.e brillant round) are the same for different shops, how do I determine which shop gives a better value for money and more brillance? Another question is HRD or GIA is a better and more recognized laboratory for certification of diamonds? Please advise. Thanks!!

miffy80

Is SI1 for clarity still advisable to buy thought it's the lower end of the Clarity grading? Does it affect much of it's brillance? :D

annabelle

hi blur gal,

D and E colour are abt e same... flawless diamonds are more ex as they are very rare thus e value is there... HRD and GIA both are recognised certs for diamonds so dun worry... for SI1 clarity it does affect some of e brilliance in e diamond. my diamond is E colour, flawless clarity and 0.34carat costs abt $3700 from lee hwa.

schnauzie

hi allie,
got our bands from Cartier too...feel it looks better than Tiffany's..just preference ;p think u will not regret

tanjls

Hi blur gal,

Try to get D, E or F colour. I personally feel that colour is abit more important than clarity. Clarity of VS1 and above is acceptable. You also have to look at the cert to see what kind of flaw it is...some flaws are very minor and if VS1 and above it is invisible to the naked eye. Colour on the other hand is more visible. My solitare is o.5 carat, E colour and i think VS1 cost abt $3500 from soo kee. Get one of good proportions and it will shine...the reason why brilliant rose, destinee diamonds etc are so shiny and expensive is coz of the "ideal" cut that causes it to shine...

miffy80

thanks sharlene and annabelle. :D sharlene, is yours the brilliantrose series? GIA or HRD certified?
Annabelle, does yours belong to the Destinee series..

All pretty expensive. :D Really appreciate all your advice :D

annabelle

nope mine is not destinee series cause my FH didnt bring me to buy... its a surprise... mine is a HRD cert. but if u want a good diamond they wont have it in e showroom. u'll have to tell e salesgal wat grade, clarity & carat u want than she will search for u... will have to wait for around 1-2 weeks to collect. for these rings, they dun display... so its new no one tried before... heehee...

miffy80

wow so sweet a surprise for ya! such an expensive ring somemore! ;) hehe i do not really wish to get a very expensive one annabelle. afterall they dont have a resale value. only for upgrading to a bigger one.. which i don't forsee doing that in the near future haha..! your advice sounds great! i'll tell the salesgal wat i wan i.e the exact spects, n seek their help to source one for me..btw now alot of shops having 50% off in the GSS, hope dat i can get one value for money keke..

annabelle

heehee thanks but my hubby not romantic wan dunno how to propose also and no flowers... but nevermind... yup if u're buying a solitaire should buy now cause got sale... very much cheaper... happy shopping...

indoubt

hi all, just a simple qs to check about buying of wedding ring?

is the guy suppose to pay 100% for the pair of ring? or should the couple so call buy for each other as in (the ladies pay for the guy's ring and vice versa, for so call "good luck" purpose?)

please advise...

annabelle

elise,

hmmm think ur FH should be e one paying for e pair of rings bah cause my wedding bands are paid by my hubby... its a lee hwa pair quite formal mine with diamonds.

but i saw another pair plain ones at gold heart so i bought another pair... this time bought by me... (to be used when rollerblading and such) dun wan to ruin my lee hwa bands...

actually its up to u... doesnt make a difference... and it doesnt symnolise anything... but usually its e guy who pays lor...

miffy80

thanks alot sharlene and annabelle! juz tot of sharing wif you guys that I bought my diamond ring last saturday! Mine is E grade, vvs1, 0.44 carat and very good for both proportion and finish grade :D It was a loose diamond to be mounted on moiera setting. I got dat for about 2.5k, HRD certified. hehe.. so happy finally settled for one... looked around so long man. the only thing is that the certification was in Jul last year.. is your certification dated bout 1 year ago before your purchase too, annabelle? not sure why it took so long.. hmmm...

annabelle

nope mine was certified on e same year i've bought it... dun think e date of certification matters anyway... congrats on getting ur ring...

miffy80

hehe... tanks annabelle.. may be lokin at wedding bands too. :D any advice.. ? Any discounts for wedding bands? heard that usually they 're not included in the sale. tanks for lettin me know dat it's posible to get the loose diamonds n have them custom made to my liking hehe... luckily didnt get the ones in the showcase as i would have tot that only those are available for selection. :D

annabelle

Hmmm... blur gal... for wedding bands find something comfortable for wearing lor as u'll be wearing it everyday... wedding bands maximum discount is only 20% should look around at all jewellery shops before deciding or u could customise ur bands at fairy inc. at delphi orchard.

tanjls

Blur gal,

oh yeah...my wedding bands are from Fairy's Inc. Hubby didn't want something too common so we looked around at several shops to get ideas...finally ended up at fairy's inc. Nowadays sookee, etc have very nice wedding bands...you may want to take a look first and see if you can find something you like. Just a tip, the ladies at fairy's inc said that for ladies, the wedding band shouldn't be too tight fitting...coz after giving birth your fingers may expand abit... =)

schnauzie

Hi Slog, do u mean the 3 intertwined rings? think it looks great but may need to adjust the ring abit when wearing..

slog

Hi schanuzie, yup, that's the one!
happy.gif

Was just wondering if the bronze one would rust overtime ....

schnauzie

slog >> i don think there is bronze..think its 3 gold. yellow gold, white gold n rose gold
and i think if there is ANY problem just bring back to cartier

ee_lingt

Hi miffy80, you can think of engraving your pet names for each other inside the ring or a special short phrase or your chinese animal sign or horoscope sign etc on the insides of your rings. Something special and significant for you, in my case, my ring has the engravements of 'I love you' in my hubby's mothertongue and then his name and then our wedding date and his wedding ring has 'I love you' in mandarin and then my name and then our wedding date. Something simple yet significant of our coming from different cultures.

adelene

We went to many jewellery shops like goldheart, sookee, Lee Hwa, Tianpo, Citigems etc. Find their design quite similar. Nothing caught our eyes. Any other shops can I go too. Pls advise. thanks

sherl

Adelene, have you tried Aspial at Wisma Atria? FH and I found that their designs were more unique than those from the rest you mentioned.
happy.gif

ariesta

hi, u can try BPde Silva...it's @ Raffles City Shopping Centre... Selections more limited than the big names like lee hwa, but the designs more unique.. U can also request to modify the ring.. E.g add gem stones lor...