The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

pongy

Hi bluedusk, i met him once. So dunno how flexible etc he is like. We just have a brief talk to dicuss on the package. They have another coordinator which my HTB keep in contact - Sharon. When is ur AD?

vanilla_cyndi

Hi Pongy

I've just called them to check for 2009 jan booking but they said it won't be open till next year first quarter which is around march/april.

My wedding is in 03 jan 2009. Will it be too late to book by then?

BTW when is your wedding?

vanilla_cyndi

Hi Ladies

Anyone of your wedding date falls in Jan 2009 and have already make booking with fullerton?

My wedding date is on 03 Jan 2009 and when i call fullerton catering department this morning, they told me that they will not take in 2009 booking until first quarter of next year which is march/april.

Some of the hotels have already start taking in bookings for 2009.

As i dun wana miss that date will any kind soul advise me on this?

Thank you

pongy

Hi there,
I'm also BTB in 2009. My HTB also called up Fullerton and they mentioned the same things....
Any kind souls can help us too?

Thx

pongy

Hi, Vanilla, my wedding date not fix as yet but wont be so early as yours. Tink since yours is in the early 2009, maybe you can pester them to open the package for you. I read somewhere that some couples actually approach the hotels to open up 2009 for them and intially they dun allow, but after much pestering they finally allow them to book and one even get to lock them in 2008 prices!!
May can try this?

charming

Hi Brokenbudgie

How many tables u had in your AD? Is the food portion is smal like what the ladies' comments? Any chair cover or theme provided? Any foyer and stage in the Straits Room?

hope u don't mind with so much questions

cheers,
fanny

charming

Hi Fashionista

The fullerton price list as of 2008 package for Renaissance wedding (straits room) SGD1288 Mon - Thursday

sgd1388 from Friday to Sunday and PUblic holiday and Eve of Public holiday

Hope this information helps u

cheers

micmattina

Hi Fanny,

What the max capacity for straits room? 10 tables/100 pax?

Are the prices nett or +++?

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions...

charming

HI, Mich

straits room min 8 tables and max 12 tables... The price is ++

i have the menu and the price...if u give me your email..i can email to u...but the menu is only 8 courses....

cheers,
fanny

micmattina

Hi Fanny,

Thank your for super fast reply...Really appreciate it...
kao_biggrin.gif

My email add is [email protected]

So are you planning an event there? =)

hi fanny
i had 10 tables at the Straits Room..no complaints really. The food portion wasn't an issue at all. Yes of course there were chair covers amd stage..i had a passion/black theme. The cocktails were at the 'roof garden' (it's not outdoor) a floor above the Straits Room.

If there was one complaint, it would be that the sound system wasn't great. There were only standing speakers so most of the music couldn't really be heard if you were sitting nearer to the middle of the aisle, especially with the arched ceiling. Fortunately the speeches were clear.

And of course, the room is just simply gor-geous..

allykat

Hi, has anyone held or attended a wedding at the Straits Room? I have a feeling that the photo in the website does not do the venue any justice, but also hoping its not really as sparse and bare as it looks?

kitty_princess

ya, 2009 packages are not out yet, disappointing... i just called up the sales administrator adrian. wanted to arrange an appointment with sharon the catering manager to check out the venue and it's hard to get hold of her.. been calling for the whole day..
sad.gif

Dear Ladies...

I went down personally to Fullerton to try to settle my reservation but the manager in charge told me that they still can't accept any bookings yet.

Haiz....

Anyone know when is fullerton wedding show?

pongy

Hi,
I also called up Fullerton and they said that 2009 bookings have not open and they dun have the package ready. Most of other hotels have already open up the booking. Why Fullerton have not????

Hi Meow, Fanny,
If you gals have the 2009 package, can send me a copy? [email protected]

cactus_79

Hi pongy,

I had my engagement party at Fullerton's Straits Room. It's true that Fullerton opens up for booking quite late. Dun know why. It was a good experience at Fullerton. COordinator was Diana who left Fullerton in mid 2006.

pongy

Hi Cactus,
since you had your engagemnet party in the Straits Room, like to check with you on something.. i was told that if i want a buffet style in the starits room, the max no of pple that they can accomdinate is 80pax. But i remb that the room can accomdinate 120pax. So the style do make a difference? I was thinking of high-tea.

cactus_79

I'm not sure about the buffet style. We had it chinese sit down. Min was 80 pax. max is 120 pax. We had 8 tables (of 10 to 12 pax), and 1 very big table (16 pax). In total about 102 pax.

pongy

Hi Cactus, hmm... so i presume a round table can squeeze in 12px? I am kind of worried cos i did a calculation and my guest will be abt 120px (not more than that). Since Fullerton, has not open for reservation, we havent meet up the coordinator. But i was told in the email that buffet style, max 80px. Will it be squeezy if put 12px in a table?

cactus_79

Hi Pongy,

Fullerton uses the larger 6 feet tables for their normal tables. it's not squeezy at all. In fact, most hotels use 5 or 5.5 feet tables for 10 to 11/12 pax. You may just want to check that the size for the 10-12 pax tables are still 6 feet. They used 6 feet for us in April 2006.
happy.gif

It's strange if buffet style max 80 pax. Perhaps they need space along the sides of the room to place the food? Therefore will take up space within the room?

Our very large table which sat 16 pax was a 8 feet table. Very very spacious.

cactus_79

Pongy, just to add - I found Straits Room more spacious than Casuarina Suite. In fact, Fullerton told me 120 pax no prob (for chinese sit down) but Tom Toh of Raffles Hotel told me that 120 pax (for chinese sit down) at their casuarina suite is very cramp. I found 8 tables quite crowded too but 9 tables at Fullerton including a huge 8 feet table was very spacious still.

cactus_79

Just to add, for smaller celebrations like less than 120 pax, normally about 10% or more of your invited guests will not turn up after getting your invitation. about 5 % will not turn up between the time they RSVP and the actual day. If it is a weekday event, maybe more than 5% will not turn up.
You may want to factor that in.

pongy

hi cactus, woah..thanks for so much info. I tink you are right--that they said 80pax cos they need space along the sides of the room to place the food. I went to Straits Room before and there are some space (before the door to the room), can these spaces place food as well? Well, if Fullerton uses 10 6-feet tables (12px/table) then it would solve all my problems. Do you have a stage back then? I need to cater some space for stage for my sol.

pongy

Straits Room more spacious than Casuarina Suite?? I tot was the other way!! HTB wanted RH, saying that it was more spacious..hmm..guess he is wrong!! Well, the 3rd shortlisted hotel that we had in mind is FourSeasons, Crescent Room. That room can holds 150px, so not much of a problem.

cactus_79

hi pongy, yes, we had a stage at Fullerton too. It's the standard sized stage there. just enough to cover the 2 doors at the end of the Straits Room.

I think you may want to ask for the dimensions of both places to be sure about spaciousness. Fullerton felt more spacious to me, both with and without tables.

Cresecent Room is quite oldish feeling, the carpet. It's also in the basement of an old hotel.. so we didn't go for it there. Although the private reception area (at that time had a baby grand) is very attractive. By the way, food at RH is better than at Fullerton.

glamourous2309

Dear ALL BTB,

Just to share with all, the package pricing for Fullerton till END March 2009 are as follows:
Weekdays - $938++
Friday & Sunday - $988++
Saturday - $1,168++

Minimum tables for weekdays are 25 and weekends are 35.

pongy

hi catacus, thanks for provding so much informaton! Will check them out when all these 3 hotels are open for booking.

hi glamourous, you have any package for high-tea/lunch at the Straits Room? Then do you have any idea when they allow bookings till end of 2009?

glamourous2309

Hi Pongy,

Apologise, I dont have the package for High Tea/ Lunch at the Straits Room. Think they only allow booking till March 2009.

Like what Nonchann has mentioned, its for the Grand ballroom.

I've checked Shangri-La and St Regis as well. Think their prices are on par for 2009... Shang
increased their prices by about $250++ to $300++ per table for 2009.

FYI, Shangri-La Weekdays rates for 2009 are $1,188++, Fri & Sun at $1,288++ and Saturday at $1,388++

pongy

Hi Glamourous,
Woah the pricing very scary leh..increase so much per table...
Dunno have to wait until when... i cant book my VG cos havent settle banquet!! hai.. scared later all snap up!!

glamourous2309

Hi Pongy,

yeah... betta to book hotel first then book the rest... think only fullerton not open for bookings as yet for dates after March 2009... Shangri-la and Ritz Caltron are already open for bookings though.

The hike could be due to the rave upcoming Hotel newly launched... St Regis Hotel... Their current rates are Shang's 2009 rates...

pongy

Hi Glamourous, any idea when Fullerton will open up for the rest of 2009? I did ask the coordinators and as usual no favorable ans!! getting worried cos i havent book VG, AD. HTB dun like Shangri-la and Riz so we only looking at Fullerton, Raffles and Four Seasons and sad to say all 3 hotels 2009 packages are not ready!!! SOB SOB
Btw, where is St Regis hotel?

glamourous2309

Hi Pongy,

I'm not sure when exactly Fullerton will open up for booking for rest for 2009.
So far, I think only Shang and Ritz has the full 2009 rates. St Regis Hotel is the new upcoming hotel... maybe U can check at St Regis thread for some background info? =)

nonchann

Honestly, I don't think there will be much increase yet. I have been observing the rates for fullerton for 2008 and the newly released rates for Q1 2009, 0% increase so far. My guess, they will start increasing next year( for mid 2009-2010 batch) or when someone else starts to increase.

It doesn't matter if the hotel isn't ready,the most important thing is that you are ready. So when you go down, you know what you want and you can settle speedily. Start discussing possible dates and alternative with your HTB and all parents if they are paying abit. Be sure and decisive.