The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

sweetie

hi cutiepie, i just had my wedding at fullerton in nov and my manager is elizabeth ong. she is very helpful, she attended to all our needs personally and we felt very looked after by her. now we are good friends because we find her very approachable and friendly. is she your catering manager?

jewels

Hi Jessie, who's your banquet manager? Am thinking of holding my wedding dinner there too. Oh yes, do you know if say you can't finish the bottles of wine you ordered, can you actually take them back? Thks

cutiepie

Hi Sweetie,
I am happy that ur wedding turned out great!
I am working with Elizabeth but she has yet come to me about the details of the contract yet.And I agree with u that she is a very nice lady and have a nice time talking to her.
happy.gif

shellen

Hi Jessie,

How many bottles of wine do you plan to purchase from fullerton ? Dod you managed to bargain for more freebies ?

jessie

hi jewels,
My banquet manager is elizabeth. She advised me to specify a maximum number of bottles of wine but i don't have to guarantee any minimum.

hi shellen,
I intend to order about 50 bottles of wine. elizabeth mentioned that it is quite a good estimate to work with. I made a few changes to the menu and as for freebies, i think i had quite a good deal. I managed to an additional barrel of beer and looking at some special flower arrangements.

nicole

Hi Jessie

I'm a Fullerton bride to be too. May I know when is ur wedding? How much are u paying for per table? I am surprised that u managed to get another barrel of beer coz we couldn't even get Thomas to let us have the second barrel at a nett price without the +++.

happy.gif

Nicole

shellen

Hi Jessie,

I'm surprised that you secure another additonal barrrel of beer in additon to the one barrel given free. How did you managed to do that ?

So you've got 2 barrels free from fullerton ?

dee

hi jessie,

how did you manage to get another barrel of beer? Is this the 30litres one or the 20 litres one??

would appreciate your input...

cutiepie

Hi Jessie ,
I am also suprised that you managed to get another barrel of beer free. Btw when is your wedding and around how many times have u spoken to Elizabeth?And was she around during your food tasting? Do u have to pay extra for the special flower request?

jessie

Hi Nicole, Shellen,dee and Cutiepie,
My second barrel is 30 litres. I am paying $838 per table. I actually wanted to ask for free flow of beer but elizabeth advised me that I will be looking at around 2 barrels of beer as most of my friends will not be drinking, its just my future in laws' friends who will drink more beer.
I cannot remember how many times I had spoken to elizabeth, I will always email her when I have questions to ask. I have not decided when to go for food tasting but I was told not to go too early because the chef could change if I do it too early. elizabeth did meet me and my parents when we went to try the food at the chinese restaurant and I think we made her stay for a few hours becos' my mother kept talking to her!!
By the way, anyone have contacts for photographers for actual day? Is anybody looking at renting the limo from fullerton?

shellen

Hi Jessie,

you mean the second barrel of 30 litres if given free by Elizabeth ? I believe cutiepie, nicole and dee are paying $838+++ per table because that is the rate I paid for 2002 weekend package.

Maybe we should ask Hon and Thomas if we can have a barrel of beer free ?

nicole

Hi Jessie,

Thanks for replying. I'm wondering if u exchanged any item in the package for the second barrel of beer?

Hi Jewels,

yes Fullerton rents out the hotel limo u see outside the hotel. I forgot the exact pricing but its slightly more than a thousand dollars for eight hours use.

Hi Shellen, yeah I think we can go ask Hon, Pauline and Thomas abt the second barrel.....
happy.gif
Maybe u can email me?

Nicole

dee

hi shellen and nicole,

i'll be keen to ask for the second barrel of beer too...can you email me too... my email is [email protected]....

i'll be paying $838+++ as well....

have you guys signed your contract yet?

kendra

hi jessie,

are you paying $838+++ for a weekday or weekend package ? Because the weekday package is only $768+++ now.

janfyp

Hi Jessie,
I think Kendra is right. Are you paying $838+++ for a weekend or a weekday package?

I have called Thomas today and he told me that you are taking the weekday package for $838+++. Is it true? Just want to clarify. Thanks
happy.gif

jessie

Hi nicole, kendra and janfyp,
My wedding date is on a sunday so i guess it is a weekend. How long before your wedding date do you guys think i should go for food tasting. Any advice?

kendra

Hi Jessie,

Which means you are taking the weekend sunday package for $838+++ with 2 barrels of beer free ?

I did asked Thomas too and he said that is not possible.

Any idea how we should approach this ? Thanks
happy.gif

janfyp

Kendra,

I think that we should all call Thomas again to ask again. Maybe we should all bug him until he gives us an extra free barrel!
happy.gif

Jessie, I have tried to bargain for the beer but is unsucessful, so was wondering if you are exchanging any items for the 2nd barrel of beer?
BTW when is your dinner cos since i paid the deposit, Thomas has not contacted me. I have no idea when the florist will call me to discuss the floral arrangment or for further discussion on the programme, but I will definitely call them 3 months prior to the dinner. Cant really remember when is the food tasting but thought that it is about a month before the dinner? Hope this helps.

Janice

kendra

Hi janfyp,

When's your Wedding ? Nov ? Thomas would prob call u 3 months before your wedding for food tasting and prep work.

Maybe we should go another route - call Fullerton and ask to speak to Elizabeth to confirm what we know and then if it's true, bargain with Thomas for it or else swtich banquet mgr ! My friend has spoken to Elizabeth before and she promised the same thing as what Jessie had.

kendra

I forgot to mention this - for the $768+++ package, Elizabeth is willing to throw in free seat covers too from what I heard. I think there's too much inconsistencies from the different banquet sales managers, maybe Hon (their manager) might be able to clarify ?

janfyp

Hi Kendra,
Mine is in nov when is yours? Have you called Thomas? I called him the last time and he told me that it is not possible that the hotel offer 2 free barrel of beer. Dunno what to do now, changing manager is a bit drastic. BTW I din know that Hon is their boss, i thought all of them are managers?

nicole

Hi all,

What do you all propose to do???

I think janfyp is right, they( Thomas, pauline, Hon etc) are all managers, so I dun think Hon is their boss.
happy.gif

As for the time they will contact us will be abt 3 months before our wedding, thats what Thomas told me when I signed the contract.

I really wish to clarify the second barrel of beer.
happy.gif
Maybe we can all go down to see them and talk abt it?

happy.gif

Nicole

cutiepie

Hi ,
I am also very puzzled with the barrel of beer. I have emailed Elizabeth today and see what she can offer me. Wish me luck gals! Cos the last time she tell me it is only 1 complimentary barrel of beer.Now after knowing about Jessie's wedding banquet price and day I am really determined to bargain for it .
Nicole , I also want to clarfy the second barrel of beer. How inconsistent can they be.

nicole

Hi Jessie,

Can u do me a favour and email me?
happy.gif
Thanks. Or else, can u let me know when is yr wedding date? Thanks a lot.

Nicole

shellen

Hi,

I've asked Thomas and he said that the 2 barrels given by Elizabeth was acutally meant for a weekday package that upgraded from $768+++ to $838+++. But Jessie mentioned that hers is a weekend package. Now I'm confused as to which is which ?

jessie

Hi,
Guess you gals are really interested in my second barrel of beer, maybe you gals can call my banquet manager to negotiate for it. I think she will be able to do something about it. I am a october bride this year.
Would anyone be interested to answer my other questions beside my package?

shellen

Hi Cutiepie, Nicole,

any news from Elizabeth so far ?
Really keen on the second barrel of beer
happy.gif

Hi Jessie,

Have you exchanged for anything to get second barrel of beer free e.g. flower decor, cards etc ?

cutiepie

Hi Everyone,
I spoke to Elizabeth and she told me that the couple whom she gave 2 complimentary barrels of beer exchanged it with the flower deco.That means exchange one item (Flower deco) for another item (Barrel of beer).

shellen

Hi cutiepie,

Thanks for the clarification. Yup, that makes some sense to have the flower decor exchanged for another barrel of beer. Does flower decor cost as much as a barrel of beer I wonder ?

dee

hi all,

jessie: you mentioned previously that you are looking at some special flower arrangements. I assume that this is outside your package issit?? according to what cutiepie gathered from elizabeth, you are getting your own flowers??

i think we will all appreciate your input...this is very very confusing....and i wonder if the flower deco costs as much as a barrel of beer??

doris

Hi Ladies,

Anybody out there has Elizabeth's email address ? I am thinking to have my wedding dinner at Fullerton in early 2003, so is wondering can I have her email address so that I can enquire her regarding the price of each table and etc....
Since from the thread earlier, you'll did mention that she is good in co-ordinating the banquet.
Thanks in advance !!!!

jessie

Hi gals,
If you wanna clarify my package, the flower deco is in my package together with the second barrel of beer.
Doris, you can give Elizabeth a call at 877 8125. One of my friend had just contacted her as well for her wedding in 2003 too.

shellen

Hi Jessie, Cutiepie,

This is contradicting as Elizabeth said that the couple who had 2 barrels of beer has bad the flower decor exchanged for it. However, from what I understand from Jessie's reply here is that there was no exchange of flower decor and the second beer is still included. Is there anyway to clarify this ?

cutiepie

Hi Shellen ,
I am surprised over Jessie's latest reply too.
BTW have u booked with the Fullerton and if u have who is ur banquet manager?

N

nancy tan

Hi Fullerton brides to be,
It seem that there are a few banquet managers in Fullerton. I am holding my wedding in 2003 and am wondering who to call. I had heard a lot about some ir-responsible banquet managers, I hope to talk to some one who is approachable. Any recommendations? Seem that there is Thomas who seem professional and there is Elizabeth who is nice to talk to.... I'm at a loss who to call!

jewels

Hi jessie (again)
I'm using Robin Photography for my actual day and outdoor. He seems a fun guy to be with. Not using the limo fm Fullerton, think its too ex.....Anyway, when's your big day?