The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

matka

Hey Wendy

So you're returning to Singapore next month? Offspring? Err. that's a little to early to say, innit?
happy.gif

besse

hi hi Matka

hehe. glad to see all of us here so active in the fullerton thread. me and hubby will be celebrating our pak tor anniversary in fullerton this coming sat ..
happy.gif
looking forward to stepping foot into our "special" hotel again.

how's life so far? housework still sux.
happy.gif

hi Chin

I had a simple solemnisation in the post room. although it's a function room, it's really a nice and cosy place.. we did up the pl;ace with the flowers for the ballroom...
happy.gif

matka

hey besse
happy.gif

wahh... pak tor anniversary! So nice.
happy.gif
Which restaurant are you going to? Me and hubster are headed for Melb/Syd for a holiday on Sunday. Spending 2 weeks there, so I'm looking forward to it. Life is good, we just got a puppy but yes, the housework sucks. hehehe

goofie

Hi Besse,

Do u have to pay extra for using the Post room?? It is not the Post Bar, is it?
I m doing my solemnisation on the same day, just before the wedding.

poox

hi gals!

nice to see this thread alive!!

wendy: my EG fitting is tomorrow....really excited. hope it'll turn out nice :p as for PS? I'll let the photographer propose...but should be dropping by Fullerton for a few shots.

btw gals did anyone take pic in suites other than loft suite?

chinchilla

hi ladies!!!! i m just back from visiting fullerton. garey is simply a wonderful guy. he is quite frank n flexible. i have already make a tentative booking with them in jan. any jan brides out there? : )

next, i m going to ask a bimbolic and vain question, hope u gals dun mind. do u find walkway from the end of the steps to the stage too short? its about 3 tables length. i realise my guests at the extreme end of the ballroom will not be able to see me coming down from the stairs. : (
i was telling garey, there is not much length space for me to do my catwalk. hahahaha! so vain right?
my the other concern is the guests at the extreme ends cannot really see the stage. other than these 2 concerns, i m very happy with them esp their comprehensiveness n flexibility.
sorry, have not been reading what is written previously. poox n wendy, when is your big day?
hi goofie, maybe u can try looking at their straits room. i will be having my solemnisation and tea ceremony there.
thats all gals....

matka

Hi Chin

Glad you loved the Fullerton
happy.gif

The ballroom from the foot of the staircase to the stage is indeed short. However, you do have a whole flight of stairs to slowly saunter down ;)

If you're having a videographer for your wedding, I would suggest asking your videographer to hook up the camera(s) so that your guests at the sides can view your entrance(s) on the projection screens.

The Straits Room is really pretty! I haven't seen the actual set-up, only the photos... but alas, it is pretty costly, isn't it?

happy.gif

icy

Hi all,
looking at all these good comments, I am so tempted. keke, especially the suite. Could anyone email me the package? my email:[email protected]

please includes the "underscroll" thanks.

icy

Hi matka,

any idea on how strict is their min number of tables? I only had abt 34, but their min is 38?

matka

hi icy,

it depends on the day of your package. I think min of 38 is for the Saturday package. For the Friday/Sunday package, it's around 35. And maybe less for weekdays? Need to confirm. However, the hotel isn't that inflexible. At the very most, there may be some adjustments in pricing. You can give them a call, the banquet managers are all pretty good.
happy.gif

rainbow

Hi Chin!!

Yes, agree with you that the walk-in is very short!! Told my coordinator Thomas that, and he sug something like the Bride and Groom walking in from 2 ends of the ballroom and finally meeting at the middle for the walk down the short aisle together. OR.. you can do something different from the usual walk-in together!
happy.gif

Hi Icy!!

I also tried negotiating to lower the min requirement, but was not very successful. The package price will definitely be increased if you dun meet the min requirement for the day. Matka is right: min 38 for sat, min 35 for Fri/Sun and min 30 for weekday. However, yes yes... do give your coordinator a call perhaps they'd work out something for ya!
happy.gif

I tr

chinchilla

hi matka, the straits room will be free of charge provided if you cater lunch or tea reception. as i will be doing everything in one day n this tea ceremony thing is something extra, garey is therefore very flexible with me.

hi icy, speak to your coordinator, i m sure he can work out something for u. : )

yeah... still thinking abt the short walkway. any wedded brides care to share their experience?
i still want to walk down the steps with my hubby although garey suggested we walk down at different sides n meet the the centre. i cant do that cos i m a clumsy person. what happen if i trip? arghh!!! abit phobia over the steps.

so icy n rainbow, when is your big day? sign up with any bs yet?

skywolf

Hi ladies,

D any of you gals happen to hold your ROM @ Fullerton too? Is it outdoors? I'm actually looking ard for an outdoor location for an weekday evening...
happy.gif

Thanks~!

rainbow

Hi Chin,

Just smile and walk slowly down the steps... one step at a time and it shd be fine!!! haha!
happy.gif
My wedding will be in Mar05... still a long way to go! When's yours?
happy.gif
I've not started looking for my WG cos there's still time. Will definitely be giving BV a go after all the wonderful reviews given!
happy.gif

besse

hi goofie

it was FOC for us. it's indoor and juz a small function room good for 50 standing guests. v cosy set up. straits room is upstairs, guests will still have to make their way downstairs.. so we figured the function rooms v convenient for guests to adjourn for the cocktail immed after solemnisation.

Tell you gals wat, i won mind meeting up and showing you gals the picts i have for the AD.. sure matka won mind too.. but prob will have to wait till she's back
happy.gif
wat say you?! it's prob exciting to have a meeting up!!
happy.gif

matka

Hi Chin

I saw the tea reception package, but that was way over our budget (on top of the dinner)
happy.gif
But anyhows, I found out later that our priest wldn't have been able to marry us outside of the church anyway. hehe.

I was quite thankful that the walkway wasn't too long actually. All we had to do was just walk slowly down to the music.

Besse, Hee. It'll be fun to meet up. I'll be back in SG on the 14th. So let me know!
happy.gif

chinchilla

hi matka, u honeymooning now? geez.. which part of the world r u at now? u shdn't be replying us, u shd be enjoying yourself. :p

hi besse, can i join in the gathering? i very keen in seeing the pictures of the ballroom.
happy.gif

hi angela, if you r interested in doing a rom outdoors, u can also try shangrila pavilion. it has a very cosy n romantic setup in an aircon room. there is a small courtyard reserved esp for you n your guests. but i end up choosing fullerton over shang is because of the service, flexibility n comprehensiveness that the fullerton provides.

hi icy n rainbow, there will be a wedding next fri. if u gals want to see the actual wedding setup, go n take a look.

i will be searching for my bs after march, think 8 mths shd be enough rite?

matka

hiya chin

don't worry! i haven't left yet. Only leaving tmrw for aust. it's not our honeymoon though. Our honeymoon was last Oct in Nepal.

There's a little courtyard at the Fullerton's ground level.. i'm not sure if it can be used as an outdoor venue. Perhaps you could check with the coordinator?

8 months for your BS is sufficient.
happy.gif

chinchilla

hi matka, wah!! so good life yah, 2nd honeymoon? :p
anyway, u enjoy yourself. which part of australia u going?
u mean it? u really went to nepal for your honeymoon? hey that is so cool n different! i can picture u in my mind now, u must be a carefree n rugged gal who likes outdoor.
ok, nice tallking to u. let us know of your trip when u r back.

cheers

poox

hihi ladies...

this thread is getting busy!! with lots of new people
happy.gif
welcome!

chin: my wedding is in May this year....just a couple more months to go :p i was like u started chatting in this thread more than a year back....finally my turn soon. Hope everything will turn out fine. I'm more concern on falling down the stairs! btw, how much do u pay for your lunch/ tea reception?

hihi besse: good idea to meet up. would love to see all your pictures and more imp catch up in person. that'll be so exciting. do count me in.

chinchilla

hi poox, remember to go for your massages, manicure, hair treatment n whatever u can think of to pamper yourself. r u given free spa in fullerton? instead of using it after your wedding, how abt using it one day before it. u will need to to soothe yourself down! : )
the tea reception cost 50 per person but the rental of the straits room is free of charge for 3 hours.
actually i am very very confused now. we went back to shang n try to negotiate with them the 2nd time. we r very frank with them n told them what fullerton has offered us. to my surprise, they offer me a better package this time round n its now as good as fullerton!
my present worry now is that my guests at the 2 extreme ends cannot see me walking down the stairs n the walkway too short. other than that i really like fullerton alot!! so next sat, i will be going down to see the ballroom with the wedding set up and decide if my husband like it anot. have to decide by next weekend cos i have to give garey and shang a confirm answer in a week time cos i have already make a tentative booking with both.
quick quick gals! advise me pls!!

besse

gals. shall we meet up on the 18th or 19th March then??

hehe.. who's interested?

so far, the list is

Besse, Poox, Matka, Chin

Juz been to Town restaurant for our pak tor annivesary dinner last nite.. so nice to be back in the same place where we do our vows again.. i still sigh whenever i am near Fullerton.. the magic is always in the air .. hehe

almondbun

hi chin,

my hubby and i are holding our wedding dinner at fullerton too. we had the same dilemma as you - trying to decide between shang and fullerton. had tentative bookings with both. finally decided to take fullerton because food matters quite a lot to us (or rather, to my parents) and my parents don't really like the food at shang.

another reason is we just like we had our solemnisation reception at fullerton and we had a really good time. the service was really hassle-free and fantastic. we have a special attachment to it.

as for the short walkway, we're thinking of working around it by videotaking the walk-in and showing it at the same time on the projector.

this is just my experience... so far, i'm very comfortable with fullerton.

hope this helps in some way!

wendy76

Hi Besse,Matka, Poox and Chin,
really hope to join u gals but i m still in UK will only be back end May.. do enjoy yourself... can we have another date when i m back
happy.gif

Poox,
by the time i m back.. will be able to see your actual day photo... looking forward to it...

Chin,
my wedding is on the 27th Dec.. wat abt yours? do agree with U ,Garey is indeed a nice chap...through i m in UK he's still in good contact with me... 'Fullerton Service'

pheb

hi ladies

just signed with fullerton today for mine in oct 04. we'll be having our solemnisation, service cum tea ceromony at the Straits Room in the afternoon fr 2-5pm and then dinner the same night. we're serving tea at $40+++ pax. only problem is i can't invite too many pple cos the room's capacity is quite small (max 80 for my preferred room arrangement)

thomas's my coordinator too...very professional and quite a nice chap...always giving me $$$-saving tricks
happy.gif

actually, thomas has given me the idea to provide kids btwn 3-6yrs with the kid's meal which will cost $35+++. That way, think i can squeeze more adults at one table :p

we did consider Shangri La as well but we eventually din go for it cos 1. the ballroom's (not island but the inner one)undergoing renovations till sept so can't tell how it'll turn out, 2. shang can possibly host 5 weddings at the same time. i truly din want to be part of a mass wedding. but the coordinator i spoke with, melanie, is a very nice lady.

besse

hi wendy

no prob, you drop us a note when you back, we can always meet again! hehe

GaLS.. SO i guess we geared for our meeting huh?!
happy.gif

chinchilla

hi wendy, my tentative booking is in jan 05. this sat going down to see the wedding set up and decide on the 2.
there is no doubt that fullerton service is the best. the package very comprehensive n garey is simply great! i thk i can really work with him.
its the walkway that i m not very comfortable with. the first time i saw it, i told my hubby," oh no! cant have a long train." very vain right?:p

hi pheb, if u r getting the straits room too, remember to bargain for another day stay. total 3 days. i manage to get that. but i was quoted $50 per person. also dun worry, i saw the room. quite spacious. no problem for 100 people. were u given the spas voucher too?

gals, thanks so much for all your advise. really appreciate it. will keep u gals updated.

hi besse, so when r we meeting?

postpet2

Hi pheb,

is that so, they have a kids meal?

mm...that's a good idea...can ask garey abt it...

Chin: actually when i saw the walkway, the first thought was "i should have a long train" hahaha...cos only that can i make a grand entrance mah....hehehe....very vain too

blissz

hi besse

good idea to meet up....do count me in
happy.gif

hi chin

no worries about the guests at the extreme ends missing the march-in....i had my march-in taken on video and shown live on the 3 projectors
happy.gif

goofie

Hi Fullerton Brides,
has anyone met up with the director of catering sales to discuss about the wedding packages?

goofie

Hi Almondbun,
I just wana know if she's quite as "on the ball" as the rest, like garey and thomas. Since she's the director, eventually, is she also your coordinator once you sign on the dotted line?

almondbun

hi goofie,

i just realised that my coordinator is the manager, not the director... are we speaking about the same person? mine is elisabeth.

my husband liased with her most of the time. she's very very busy, so it can be difficult trying to get hold of her. but she will return phone calls and email you as promised. and we found her quite nice. we negotiated for quite some stuff from her.

and yes, she's the coordinator after we signed. i think whoever you talk to will be your coordinator unless you request for somebody else.

are we talking about the same person...?

goofie

Hi almondbun,
I think it's not the same person that we are talking about here. Mine is actually the director, and she's very busy till i have to chase her for a reply. Quite disappointed with the service. I have not even signed the contract. M about to, actually. I hope she will assign me to somebody else like Garey or Thomas cos' i think the rest of the fullerton brides have praises for them!
happy.gif

Btw, is your wedding day on a Fri, sat or sunday?

almondbun

hello goofie,

why don't you ask her for somebody else as a coordinator? or you could get in touch with garey or thomas directly. think you should definitely get somebody you're comfortable with. you don't want to be stressed up over your wedding dinner.

mine is actually on a weekday... couldn't get a suitable weekend date that was not booked by the time i contacted them.

goofie

Hi Almondbun,
yup, me and my FH will be meeting them and we will request for another coordinator. Thanks!

Mine's also a weekday (Friday). Btw, is your package good? Did they throw in the spa package for you?

chinchilla

goofie, look for garey, he is good. i am sure u will like him. but he needs abit of time to warm up. after that he can joke n talk to us like close friends.

wendy76

Hi Besse
Thanks.. can't wait to go back to sin..

goofie
hope u will have a good time with fullerton

Chin
with the nice stairs in the ballroom, think u should have a long train... u r not vain, juz wanna be a pretty bride yah.. don worry, u will be...

pheb
thanks for the information abt the kids meal.. tats a good one..

goofie

HI Wendy,

thanks!! i have just confirmed with fullerton. M quite excited about the place!! Now i have to settle my BS, which i really m in a dilemma. Any good advice from you gals??
happy.gif

jam

hi ladies,
haven't come to this thread for a while cos' i've been busy scouting around for bridal gowns. and rather sadly, i may decide to give up BV in the end. BV has simple & elegant gowns but i realise i prefer a combination of embroidery + crystals + lace to add more details to the gown, rather than crystals alone. guess what Powderpuff said the last time was correct. need to know clearly what you are looking for. well, but still haven't finalised my decison yet.... how abt others fullerton-brides-to-be? =)

since there are quite a few new additions, think useful to copy the list that Powderpuff complied earlier here. All new fullerton brides, pls add on to the list if u dun mind sharing =)

Cookiemz - 17&18Sep03/Yvonne Creative/Mabel Lee Photography
Matka - 4&5Oct03/Irene's Creation/I Gallery/Eu Lee (photo) & Wedding Paparazzi (video)
Blissz - 30Oct03 /TedWu/Montage/Greymatters (KC Wong)
Besse - 2Nov03/TheWeddingPresent/AndrewChoi/Triston Yeo
Wen - 17Nov03/TanYoong/(Wesley Loh)/ThePond(Tan Ngiap Heng)
Powderpuff - 23Dec03/BV, WG from Allure C/Utopia/ Linn Photography
Pam - 28Dec03/BV/Studio D'fia/(Choon Huat)
Miumiu - Feb04/Silhouette&Sophia/Sophia
Poox - 8 and 9 May04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat
Elenne - 22 and 23 May 04/BV/ Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat
Eileen - 30 Jan 05
Jam - 19 Mar 05

goofie

Hi Jam,
Can i join in? Mine's on 15 Oct04. I've not decided on the BS and AD photographer.

Besse: Thanks for your reply on the function room. I understand that you use The Wedding Present for BS. Any good? If you don't mind, can i take a look at your WG pics? Can send me at [email protected]? thanks!
happy.gif

rainbow

Hi Jam and other Fullerton Brides,

Do add my name to the list too! My wedding's on 6 March 05. Just like Goofie, ive yet to decide on the BS and AD photographer! Actually, i have not decided on anything else other than the venue as there's still a year more to go!
happy.gif

Oh yes ladies, do share your experiences with the BS. If you dun mind, do email me your pics at [email protected]. Thanks!
happy.gif

pheb

hi jam

do add me to your list too. mine's on 16 oct 04. BS is BV with Utopia. Haven't decided on AD Photographer yet.

thanks!

almondbun

hello goofie,

who did you manage to get as your coordinator in the end?

i didn't get the spa thrown in... hmm. think i shall ask when i meet my coordinator again.

i have increased complimentary parking, increased invites, complimentary day room, food tasting for 8... that's all i can remember off-hand. we changed quite a lot of the menu at no extra charge too.

jam

this is the latest list. realise my AD is furthest away. am probably the most kiasu fullerton bride =)

Cookiemz - 17&18Sep03/Yvonne Creative/Mabel Lee Photography
Matka - 4&5Oct03/Irene's Creation/I Gallery/Eu Lee (photo) & Wedding Paparazzi (video)
Blissz - 30Oct03 /TedWu/Montage/Greymatters (KC Wong)
Besse - 2Nov03/TheWeddingPresent/AndrewChoi/Triston Yeo
Wen - 17Nov03/TanYoong/(Wesley Loh)/ThePond(Tan Ngiap Heng)
Powderpuff - 23Dec03/BV, WG from Allure C/Utopia/ Linn Photography
Pam - 28Dec03/BV/Studio D'fia/(Choon Huat)
Miumiu - Feb04/Silhouette&Sophia/Sophia
Poox - 8 and 9 May04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat
Elenne - 22 and 23 May 04/BV/Studio D'Fia/Choon Huat
goofie - 15 Oct 04
pheb - 16 Oct 04/BV/Utopia
Winterhakone - 2 dec 2004/BV/
Eileen - 30 Jan 05
rainbow - 6 March 05
Jam - 19 Mar 05

All fullerton brides-to-be, just add in the details once ur BS & photographers are confirmed ok?